Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Fucks sake, I can't stand saint cola commentary. Half the current fgc commentators are straight trash, everybody's trying to be the next yipes while having none of the wit or the charm the man himself has

Yeah, I'm not a fan of him or Vicious.   They did SFL Japan and it was painful. 

Ultra David, James Chen, Yipes are my favourites.  

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Oh yeah, he makes a lot of mistakes but I like his passion and usually David is there to correct him.  

I used to love ultrachen combo, but these past few years the constant mistakes and references to how old he is or how young the players seem to him grate on me.  And then he rambles. 

Like I'm not big on st cola either, but I could really use some more sajam. And yipes ofc.

Anyone else is just sorta there.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Scissor mains know that Paper is a fair matchup while Rock needs nerfs.

Rock is top tier because there is a large cancel window into the other two attacks that fast hands can abuse if the opp shows their hand too early or you have the read. 

Real niggas main the secret boss character tho

Spoiler

Shoot

So I went from this...

tEaJd1j.jpeg

to this...

bYXNOlO.jpeg

AndI gotta say that it is MUCH harder than I expected it to be going from one button layout to another.  I played a bit last night and in training mode things are quite gravy, but in a match, holy hell I feel totally handicapped.  I think the main thing is that I'm not doing stuff reactionary when it comes to the parry and DI right now.  Also going from 30mm, non offset buttons, to 24mm offset buttons, It just feels so different and I'm using different fingers to press different buttons. 

I'm also pressing up when I mean to press the black thumb button with my right thumb.  Initially I had that set to parry and in a match I kept jumping when I was trying to parry or DRC, so I'm putting it back to DI instead.

If I can't start to feel improvement with this layout after like a few sessions, I may go back to my original one even though I know it's not as ergonomic as the new one.  I do think most of it is just muscle memory having to be relearned but I think I can do it.  Just not being as quick as I thought it would be to transition is frustrating me and last night losing matches because of it was really annoying.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Jesus I have PTSD from the training room music when you have ultra.  That is probably THE worst music in any SF game in history.  And the amount of times we heard that shit since all the pros always picked that shit so that made everyone else always pick that shit.  So glad in SF6 you can disable stages.

I have a thing about music. I'm at work, so I can't play the audio. Just from the image alone, I hear that damned song in my head right now. Who knows when it will go away 😑

Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh, DUH DUH

Doo Doo Dah Dah, Doo Doo Dah Dah Dut Dut Dut

Doo Doo Dah Dah, Doo Doo Dah Dah Dut Dut Dut 😣

Edited by Darc_Requiem

This reminds me I was once forced to play SF4 at a friend's house without really being able to reconfigure the keyboard to my preffered controls (I use the arrow keys and the numpad and he had punches/kicks on the qweasd keys) so what I ended up doing was playing crossarmed 😂 Fun memories. 

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Jesus I have PTSD from the training room music when you have ultra.  That is probably THE worst music in any SF game in history.

The actual training stage/mode theme is good, it's just for some reason in the matches the song immediately goes into the repetitive notes section and only changes for the low health moments 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

The actual training stage/mode theme is good, it's just for some reason in the matches the song immediately goes into the repetitive notes section and only changes for the low health moments 

It's when you have ultra that it plays the music (which also coincides with low health in matches).

But in actual training mode, most people have full meters all the time so you'd hear it all the damn time.

35 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I remember Djb13 would abuse the shit out of those cannon strikes, he was the first Cammy I saw that made me fear the character. There are tournament match videos out there of him doing 4 ex cannon strikes into ultra. This was during vanilla sf4.

That's why I can't take seriously people complaining about Cammy's divekick in SF6. It might the most fair, well thought out divekick she's ever had. We've been in the divekick rodeo before and it legitimately could be way fucking worse.

😂