Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

On 1/31/2018 at 5:15 PM, Vhozite said:

How do I get a gif avatar if i can only upload from my phone.

@Vhozite Uploading files from your phone works the same way as on desktop. On the mobile site, click the gear in the upper right, then choose Edit Profile. Navigate to the Change My Picture section. Choose a pic and then click the upload button.

If upload fails, your gif is probably too large. Find one with a smaller filesize.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Good idea I really am impressed with what you guys have done with the place. To keep this on topic, how is everyone finding AE? Anyone besides @EvilCanadian and @Volta looking forward to Blanka?

I don't even play this game. If Blanka comes and creates sweet sweet tears I may have to reconsider my position.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:57 AM, kikimaru024 said:

I tried SFV and I still hate everything about it.

To put into context how dumb this game is, my housemate trained his Kolin to an acceptable level.

And I still beat him with my scrub Laura in FT10 sets.

There are plenty of games out there with dumb shit. I think the thing I dislike about SFV the most is that it's stuck in between anime style games and traditional SF.

You've got the interesting combos (in S3) and high damage, but the movement is really slow, normals are stubby, and throws seem weak. I wish they would pick a direction and go with it all the way. Right now it's a hybrid and I don't find it appealing.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:57 AM, kikimaru024 said:

I tried SFV and I still hate everything about it.

To put into context how dumb this game is, my housemate trained his Kolin to an acceptable level.

And I still beat him with my scrub Laura in FT10 sets.

Are you two the same skill level? Or are you better than him? If your friend is a low level player like myself. That's more reflective on him than the game.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:48 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Are you two the same skill level? Or are you better than him? If your friend is a low level player like myself. That's more reflective on him than the game.

We're about the same level, tbh he should be higher level than me with the amount of time he puts into the game!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't give you a good reason. Bengus is very capable. Some of the art is good and some of its dreadful. The variance in quality makes the poorer pieces look that much worse.

That's a real shame because I'm all in favor of having HD artwork in the cutscenes tbh. That's a step forward for me because I normally love Capcom's artists that they employ and/or commission. 3SOE, HDR, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, Bea_Iank said:

Alas, since there is an uncertainty about SRK ever coming back since they are doing that radio silence community communication style... I am also here now.

I really like Discord, but I need a forum to go with it. :tongue:

Welcome! Glad to see more familiar faces!