Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

On 3/18/2018 at 1:29 AM, GetTheTables said:

My lunch was a chicken parmesan pizza.

My dinner was a collection of 5 sour beers.

Hopefully the morning is kind.

Also, no Laura or Mika in top 8 of Final Round. :disappointed: Rooting for Du at this point because I like him based on past experiences.

I'm all in on Data Neon. He's the only Kolin left and he was putting in work. He's the only Kolin player that I hadn't heard about before the tournament.

They better not nerf Miss Menat. Unlike a lot of the characters in SFV, it takes skills to use Menat properly. If Infiltration wins using ONLY Menat. All the shows is his skills as a player. Otherwise GO1, Sako, and other Menat players would had been in top 8

Obviously I don't agree with nerfing Menat but a character taking skill to use I don't think is a good argument against nerfing a character

A character being more difficult to use (particularly if it's just execution-based) doesn't negate how good that character may or may not be

On 3/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, misterBee said:

I feel so much better about my eating habits now.

Thank you.

I'm leaning real hard into being on vacation. When I get back home it's back to crock pot meals.

Gachikun trying to knock out Du right now but he is holding on. Just tuned in to the end of Nemo getting bopped.

Edit: Damn I shouldn't have said anything. Du was dufeated.

34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Everything seems better overall to me. Not really seeing an issue.

Some things need to, and will no doubt be ironed out by our friendly, buzzing overlord, but it's alright overall.

Like this puppy. From a design/practical standpoint, this is hilariously bad. Nice job, Invision.

(It's more practical on the phone version. That's a first.)

Edited by Cathrao
On 3/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, Bea_Iank said:

But we have https now.

It is great and stuff!

We actually had https before!  Everything should be https except for pages where someone embeds an image from a non-SSL source.  I'm working on a work-around for this.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:45 AM, Cathrao said:

Some things need to, and will no doubt be ironed out by our friendly, buzzing overlord, but it's alright overall.

Like this puppy. From a design/practical standpoint, this is hilariously bad. Nice job, Invision.

(It's more practical on the phone version. That's a first.)

I'll see what I can do!

Hey y'all. First time on this forum and in this thread. As somebody that never played Street Fighter too much after Third Strike (And wasn't very good to begin with), I feel like SFV is a game that players need to have planned breaks every now and then because the sense of burnout is strong with this one.

Of course, this is coming from somebody that can only really practice and do couch casuals for around 5 hours a week because of real-life stuff, but for whatever reason I feel... Not a sense of urgency to get back into playing, but a sense of "OK, I'll digest my knowledge for a day or two, then get back into the lab to put in work".

11 minutes ago, The_Weasel said:

Hey y'all. First time on this forum and in this thread. As somebody that never played Street Fighter too much after Third Strike (And wasn't very good to begin with), I feel like SFV is a game that players need to have planned breaks every now and then because the sense of burnout is strong with this one.

Of course, this is coming from somebody that can only really practice and do couch casuals for around 5 hours a week because of real-life stuff, but for whatever reason I feel... Not a sense of urgency to get back into playing, but a sense of "OK, I'll digest my knowledge for a day or two, then get back into the lab to put in work".

Welcome!  :smile:

7 hours ago, mykka said:

Starting to get a bit frustrated with the game. Not sure I want SFV to go beyond season 3 tbh.

i've been frustrated since it launched. May 29th can't come soon enough. i need those PC versions of 3S and ST. FBA sucks dicks so playing those games on Fightcade feels off to me.

9 hours ago, The_Weasel said:

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. I think having limited time to play SFV has actually helped me stick with the game longer. If I had the time to really grind matches I would probably burn out a lot more. 

Also welcome. :grin:

Edited by GetTheTables
6 hours ago, poot said:

i've been frustrated since it launched. May 29th can't come soon enough. i need those PC versions of 3S and ST. FBA sucks dicks so playing those games on Fightcade feels off to me.

That's because FBA has input lag and can sometimes have weird framerate problems.

If you have to emulate then MAME is a better experience, but then of course you won't be able to play with anyone online.

13 hours ago, poot said:

I'll wait for Falke but if she does little for me I might dive into Alpha 3 once again, my favorite SF game.

What's weird is that probably SFV has the best netcode (on PC at least) of the major games out there.

DBFZ is bad, KoF is bad, GG is good for me because I am in Asia but everyone else says is crap, Blazblue, same boat.

Tekken I have heard very contrasting opinions.

Skullgirls' netcode is awesome but not a major game.

MvCi apparently is good but who gives a flying fuck about the game (19 players active)

Also in the category shit no one cares about: NRS games

Am I missing something?

KI, heard is also crap online, will never know, ain't touching windows store.

52 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

What's weird is that probably SFV has the best netcode (on PC at least) of the major games out there.

DBFZ is bad, KoF is bad, GG is good for me because I am in Asia but everyone else says is crap, Blazblue, same boat.

Tekken I have heard very contrasting opinions.

Skullgirls' netcode is awesome but not a major game.

MvCi apparently is good but who gives a flying fuck about the game (19 players active)

Also in the category shit no one cares about: NRS games

Am I missing something?

KI, heard is also crap online, will never know, ain't touching windows store.

I had 100mbit fiber when I was living in Hong Kong and have gigabit fiber now that I'm in Brooklyn.

In both places SFV had the least stable netcode.  It has rollback like GGPO but it isn't done well.  I've had issues with it even while playing people with strong wired connections that can handle other games without any lag.

Most games of Tekken I had (especially in Asia) were pretty damn great and near lagless.  GG had some weird moments when playing JP and China players, but playing with other people in HK was 2 frame delay MAX.  It was almost like I was playing offline.  Blazblue was meh.  MvCi was unremarkable.  I wouldn't call it good or bad netcode wise.

KI I haven't tried but it's on Steam...you don't need the Windows Store version.

I've said it elsewhere but the biggest problem for me with SFV's netcode isn't even the quality, its the consistency. When you get someone with a good connection that stays stable, its great. But pretty often in sets the connection will get hiccup-y seemingly out of nowhere. 

It makes online irritating sometimes because it means that 5 bar connections are still a bit of a gamble and anything less is guaranteed to be some kind of rollback festival. If they could tighten up the consistency of the netcode, I'd be pretty happy with it.

I've always had good experiences with GG online. Playing OldManRage (MD, USA to Canada) in SFV we would often have bouts of rollback but GG was pretty much rock solid through 20-30 game sets.

Tekken 7, the little bit of it I played online, ran great. 

KI had awesome netcode. I rarely had any issues with it playing randos online. This was during Season 2 so things may have changed since then though.

SFV netcode is really weird.

And definitely got worse since the release of AE. My connection with people abroad used to be much better.

Also, now when I am fighting a 5 bar Brazil player that is playing PS4, there is usually 1 or 2 frames more of input delay on my end that causes me to screw up my inputs.

The same doesn't happen at all when I am fighting other PC players.

That is another really good point.

I don't know if its the player base, placebo, or what, but I definitely feel like the overall connection quality of SFV has gotten worse over time. 

My tinfoil hat theory in general is that CFN adds some level of overhead that made the experience worse after the beta (no accounting for it feeling a little worse  over time though). I always felt like the CoD games got more jittery as they layered on more stat tracking and shit like that so in my crazy little corner of the world SFV may be suffering from the same thing (especially since Capcom seems low tier overall with their netcode).

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I could technically test that out. @Neclord bamboozled me into a buying Tekken 7 on PC. Thankfully it didn't pay full price. I have a free, unopened, copy of Tekken 7 for PS4. It came free with my Qanba Obsidian and I never plan on opening it. 

Why...why do you hate Tekken? :cry:

12 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Why...why do you hate Tekken? :cry:

I've never cared for the fighting system of Tekken. I've bought a few games in the series usually for their narrative and bonus modes. The narrative got silly and they started skimping on bonus modes and what's left behind is only appealing to people that actually like the game play i.e. not me.

I hate how Tekken's movement works, I hate how chains and combos work (similar to why I hate how NRS games feel), I don't like any of the cast aside from Noctis now, I don't like how the wake-up game works, I don't like how the walls work and I don't like how my style of play (ie. Menat in SFV) doesn't exist.

But other than that it's okay I guess.

(I know that wasn't directed at me but I felt like saying my piece)

The thing I like most about Tekken is the depth.  Once you understand all of the options and know all 100+ of your character's moves it really feels like you can do anything you want. 

It's really hard to get into because there are so many things you need to learn, but once you overcome that hurdle it's really something special.

25 minutes ago, Akhos said:

I hate how Tekken's movement works, I hate how chains and combos work (similar to why I hate how NRS games feel), I don't like any of the cast aside from Noctis now, I don't like how the wake-up game works, I don't like how the walls work and I don't like how my style of play (ie. Menat in SFV) doesn't exist.

Noctis is a little like Menat in that he has some incredibly long-reaching moves.  He also has moves where he can throw a sword from a full screen away and teleport to your location.  Probably the closest thing to Menat/Sim Tekken is gonna get.