Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I just can't play SFV anymore! I am tired of playing Juri, and I am in deep character crisis now, I have been playing Chun, but there are some match-ups (Guile above all) that make me wanna destroy everything that is around me. Now I am split between being a good player and try my best to learn Menat, and being a scrub and go back to the char I started with, Laura.

Just now, ZioSerpe said:

I just can't play SFV anymore! I am tired of playing Juri, and I am in deep character crisis now, I have been playing Chun, but there are some match-ups (Guile above all) that make me wanna destroy everything that is around me. Now I am split between being a good player and try my best to learn Menat, and being a scrub and go back to the char I started with, Laura.

There are other characters in the game besides girls.

22 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Idom is technically my favorite Laura player but he doesn't seem to get out to as many events. Strider is a close second though and he seems like a cool dude so hopefully bonita blesses him. Also rooting for Pavocado because I can't not root for the few Mika players that are sticking it out.

And I secretly hope that Problem X can work the same magic he does at WNF just so the world can appreciate the horror of high octane.

I am also a fan of Idom's Laura.

But it's really unfortunate that he doesn't travel much. I think he would do very well at international tournaments.

At least we still got 801 Strider who is pretty charismatic and just a smart player in general.

I don't like most of the other Laura's tho. Wolfkrone was pretty good last year, but don't like his personality and he dropped her for Zeku.

Will2Pac is good too, but like Idom, he doesn't seem to travel much.

MikeandIke, Ice Effect and KyleP are not that interesting to me. 801 Strider and Idom are clearly on another level imo. And I always only try to learn from the best. =p

When SFV came out, I had hopes for a Japanese player picking up Laura. There was Dashio (the amazing Seth player from SFIV), who played her at the beginning, but I never saw him at any tournaments so I think he dropped the game.

So yeah, I am basically only rooting for 801 Strider atm when it comes to my main.

For my side bae's I am rooting for Fuudo, Sako, Go1, Infiltration and hsien cheng (he still plays Juri I hope?).

37 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

If you are finding match ups like Guile irritating, Menat is the much better go-to than Laura. Laura has it better vs zoning than someone like Mika and I think may have a better time against Guile than Chun but overall it is still a grinder of a fight. Menat allows you to not have to throw yourself into the meat grinder, and if you've played anime games getting her harder components down shouldn't be too bad; you don't even need optimal VT1 combos, just a decent sequence that you can convert to and you'll be fine.

16 minutes ago, Neclord said:

I am also a fan of Idom's Laura.

But it's really unfortunate that he doesn't travel much. I think he would do very well at international tournaments.

At least we still got 801 Strider who is pretty charismatic and just a smart player in general.

I don't like most of the other Laura's tho. Wolfkrone was pretty good last year, but don't like his personality and he dropped her for Zeku.

Will2Pac is good too, but like Idom, he doesn't seem to travel much.

MikeandIke, Ice Effect and KyleP are not that interesting to me. 801 Strider and Idom are clearly on another level imo. And I always only try to learn from the best. =p

When SFV came out, I had hopes for a Japanese player picking up Laura. There was Dashio (the amazing Seth player from SFIV), who played her at the beginning, but I never saw him at any tournaments so I think he dropped the game.

So yeah, I am basically only rooting for 801 Strider atm when it comes to my main.

For my side bae's I am rooting for Fuudo, Sako, Go1, Infiltration and hsien cheng (he still plays Juri I hope?).

Yeah 801 and Idom are the two clear stand outs for me. The term I always think of with them is "technical Laura". She's always going to be nutty, but they play her smart-nutty in a way that I find really impressive. 

I've never like Wolfkrone. His personality always rubbed me kind of the wrong way and I was never impressed by the way he played the character. 

I usually like watching most Laura players I've seen, but like you said Idom and 801 are the ones I really watch when I'm trying to tech up.  And I also wish she had more prominent Japanese players  because I think she'd have a Fuudo or someone like that and it would be great to watch. Again I like the more technical players and you usually get from Japan out of all the regions. The upside of no Japanese representation is that for as popular as she has ever been online or regionally she also doesn't seem to end up in a lot of top 8's or higher in the big events (#grapplerlyfe) so I'm always excited to see someone playing her make the cut.

20 hours ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

It's a shame Darkstalkers is regulated to cameos and crossovers for the all of eternity.

Someone said it best but there’s more people like the idea of DS’s more than people who play the games. 

This is apparent when you see how many women cosplay as Morrigan or Lilith but have probably never put time into any game they’ve been in. I feel this is in some part Capcoms fault but in the end not much anyone can do about it. I mean even the main character of DS plays second fiddle to the poster girl of the franchise. 

I wish they’d release a collection on PS4. 

Boobs are elitist!

Either you are born with the genes, or you are stuck being flat!

Now booty any woman can put in the work to get a shapely one.

Hence, booty > boobs.

Anyway, had some matches with @GetTheTables tonight to practise Sakura.

She is so much fun to play! It will be a whole lot of fun and excitement to get her to the same level as my Zangief!

9 hours ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

There are other characters in the game besides girls.

yeah and they are all uninteresting and boring, I think Capcom did a poor job with the male cast in SFV. In HF and ST I was always picking Ken, Bison, Vega and Fei Long. in Alpha I was all about Ken and Guy, but in V none of them makes me say hey that's a dude I wanna play. The only male I played with some is Alex, but I am trying to get away from garbage tier.

1 hour ago, Bea_Iank said:

Boobs are elitist!

Hence, booty > boobs.

Anyway, had some matches with @GetTheTables tonight to practise Sakura.

She is so much fun to play! It will be a whole lot of fun and excitement to get her to the same level as my Zangief!

Plastic Surgery can fix... well your cans

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Plastic boobies ew gross 

if I could do Flicker on point I’d use Ed in a heart beat. I get allot of shit because I mostly use grills in V but I would love to do Ed shit. 

I just wish I could use Ed's V-Skill and V-Trigger II effectively. It's about the only reason why I don't have him as a pocket character myself. That, and I can't do dash-up combos for jack shit.

10 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Plastic boobies ew gross 

if I could do Flicker on point I’d use Ed in a heart beat. I get allot of shit because I mostly use grills in V but I would love to do Ed shit. 

Ed is great. I don't like his whole "buttons as specials thing" and I can't piano for shit either but those are just me. I think he ended up being "better Ken" and I had a helluva  lot of fun playing Ken so I think Ed would be a blast.

12 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

Boobs are elitist!

Hence, booty > boobs.

Anyway, had some matches with GetTheTables tonight to practise Sakura.

Was definitely fun. I'm sure it was a world of difference between using Sakura and the Gief. 

I had fun using Juri. Just playing someone with longer pokes and fast walk speed after Laura is a treat. Stores are definitely a pain in the ass.

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Was definitely fun. I'm sure it was a world of difference between using Sakura and the Gief. 

I had fun using Juri. Just playing someone with longer pokes and fast walk speed after Laura is a treat. Stores are definitely a pain in the ass.

It is so weird to play someone who actually has the kind of walk speed that allows you to just walk to your opponent and throw them.

And those 3F crouch jabs!

Lots to learn about her, but it will be a very fun ride.

23 minutes ago, mykka said:

Juri definitely got hers done

No it's a change in art style. Capcom isn't consistent from game to game. Ryu's hair color and skin tone, Ken's eye color and skin tone, Ibuki's bust size, Cammy butt and bust size, and Juri's bust size aren't consistent. It looks like they took away Ibuki's big  bust and used her nerf to buff Cammy and Juri. Cammy returned in SFIV but her butt didn't make the trip with her.

49 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Why does Sakura have to be that cute?
And why does she have to be obsessed with hobo dick and not with girls? :anguished:

Didn't you know?  Everyone in the SF franchise is destined to be forever alone.  FIGHTING IS ALL YOU NEED.

9 minutes ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

I think this is probably it for me. 

Left Discord, new srk is meh and SFV is just boring/sloppy/disjointed as fuck. Think it's time for heat_sleep to retire and move on to better games.

We'll be here in case you ever change your mind! :frown:

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

We'll be here in case you ever change your mind! :frown:

I wasn't referring to Srk2 as new srk if thats what you were wondering. I should've been more clear about that. Old Srk is now new srk... I guess.

Your efforts for making Srk2  as well as keeping it polished and clean should be commended. I only wish more people would join.

I'll hop on SFV to try out the occasional new character but that's pretty much it for me.

22 minutes ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

I think this is probably it for me. 

Left Discord, new srk is meh and SFV is just boring/sloppy/disjointed as fuck. Think it's time for heat_sleep to retire and move on to better games.

I say you should up your game and woo all the girls in your area.

You can do it!

We actually have 108 members at the moment -- some of them joining as recently as yesterday!

However, just like at old SRK the majority of members are lurkers/don't visit that often.

That's ok though -- we'll be chilling here like usual and lots of us play games that aren't SFV. (I myself don't play SFV)

Hit us up if you ever want some games!

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

We actually have 108 members at the moment -- some of them joining as recently as yesterday!

However, just like at old SRK the majority of members are lurkers/don't visit that often.

That's ok though -- we'll be chilling here like usual and lots of us play games that aren't SFV. (I myself don't play SFV)

What games do you play Bee Sempa?

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

This, a bunch. 

I mostly work on SFV and am trying to get less shit at GG but I'll play anything I have access to. Which is almost everything because I have poor impulse control. Biggest problem I have is that I am a console peasant so I can only play what the Sony lords deign appropriate (i.e. no Fightcade).

Got to play SFV for an hour or so yesterday and ended up even (technically up in sets but W=L overall). Felt like I did a little better than last session overall, but I still have a lot to work on. I have also had it reinforced that I need to get better at fighting keepaway characters,  since every other motherfucker is Guile now. 

48 minutes ago, mykka said:

@Darc_Requiem how would your character concept for Phantom be? Dagger + Poison?

Honestly I'd probably lean towards small needles. Since the color for poison in SF is purple, daggers would be too reminiscent of Decapre. She could have a retractable needle at the base of each wrist. As such, I'd make her poison based specials open palm strikes. Open palm strikes would cause the needles to extend. I'd look into some form of Chinese art that isn't currently in SF and base her style around that with a few nods to F.A.N.G. That's all I got off the top of my head.

4 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

This, a bunch. 

I mostly work on SFV and am trying to get less shit at GG but I'll play anything I have access to. Which is almost everything because I have poor impulse control. Biggest problem I have is that I am a console peasant so I can only play what the Sony lords deign appropriate (i.e. no Fightcade).

Got to play SFV for an hour or so yesterday and ended up even (technically up in sets but W=L overall). Felt like I did a little better than last session overall, but I still have a lot to work on. I have also had it reinforced that I need to get better at fighting keepaway characters,  since every other motherfucker is Guile now. 

It's amazing how far you can get in this game and still not see the big picture. I had two long sets with Jak playing against his Juri and got my shit pushed in really bad. I got really frustrated to the point of screaming but I kept my shit together. I just felt bad I  couldn't keep up. Everything was off from my spacing to my confirms. I think the sets were like 10-4 10-6. I can only imagine what fighting a Juri the level of Infiltration must be like lmao

I'm a lazy shit bag and a slow leaner but the hunger is still just as strong as when I booted up the game during the betas. I'm not gonna stop till I get to grand master...... then I'll keep playing.......

29 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

It's amazing how far you can get in this game and still not see the big picture. I had two long sets with Jak playing against his Juri and got my shit pushed in really bad. I got really frustrated to the point of screaming but I kept my shit together. I just felt bad I  couldn't keep up. Everything was off from my spacing to my confirms. I think the sets were like 10-4 10-6. I can only imagine what fighting a Juri the level of Infiltration must be like lmao

I'm a lazy shit bag and a slow leaner but the hunger is still just as strong as when I booted up the game during the betas. I'm not gonna stop till I get to grand master...... then I'll keep playing.......

Definitely.

Sometimes I wish I had your hunger. I mean, I am more motivated than ever to continue playing SFV but it's just that my fear is holding me back a lot. I am still a pussy when it comes to ranked matches and I try to not play ranked matches at all (tho it got better over the years, I am not as nervous anymore) .

My lacking experience combined with me also being a lazy shit bag is the reason why I am still not good at this game.

Lately I have done some matches against some srk folks, especially Froztey.

He beats me like 10-1 everytime.

Deep down inside I really want to improve and learn but then there are moments where other games are getting my attention and I am not playing SFV for weeks, sometimes even months.  This is also holding me back, I don't really lab and I don't play enough.