Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

What I think is interesting is that I'm not sure how much more we'll necessarily see of Mikas or Alexes because even with them being better overall they still have the same problems that SFV grapplers have and some of the best characters right now still give them plenty of grief. What will be good is if the buffs keep players of those chars from dropping them through the rest of the season. I think we're already seeing some of that as Luffy hasn't jumped the Mika ship yet despite thinking about it pretty hard at the start of the season (based on what I saw him saying in the discord).

I'm hearing that Zeku is better but still has flaws that will keep him from going crazy, but I certainly don't know enough to say for myself how good he is overall in 3.5. At this point it'd be cool to see even one consistent rep for him in CPT.

I think the characters we're gonna see for the rest of the year are pretty much set in stone.

Is Gonna be Cammy, Akuma, Menat and Guile as stable top 8 characters.

Then we'll see appearances from Mika, Laura, Karin, Abi, Rashid. Also Ibuki and Dictator can make top 8 because of Problem X and Xian.

Kolin could make Top 8 in less stacked tournaments, but as of right now I think the Kolin players are not as good as your higher echelon players.

Honestly Kolin’s forward dash is the thing that keeps people from being in top 8 with her. Like it’s a double edge sword because of how hard it is to steer and this game is all about moving. 

Cant tell you how many times I try to do a cross under after an AA and slide to the other side of the stage. And I see pros do it with her all the time lol

Yeah Capcom just sucks at maintaining a schedule. Even when they were openly advertising a 1 char/2 month schedule they couldn't keep up with that. I was shocked enough when Blanka showed up so close after Sakura and I think the fact that both characters were initially received poorly in terms of balance maybe caused them to pump the brakes a bit. No point in getting all the chars out in 6 months if they're DOA. I'll call that the Zeku Corollary.

I am vaguely interested in Falke and G whenever he shows up but I'm saving up all the room in my heart for when Viper burn kicks her way back onto the scene.

The character release schedule isn't really that hard to grasp.

Initially Capcom was mum's the word on the release schedule and then Capcom US went ahead and said they'd be releasing a new character every month. I still don't know if that was a trans error or if Capcom just jumped the gun to ease the sting of the launch but they came under fire for basically BS'ing their info. I believe that a character every other month was always the plan but because so many QOL things needed to be addressed Capcom took and L and prioritized in game buffs rather than shitting out characters to appease the "I'm bored of SFV whens Sagat" crowd. 

In S1 we got Alex a month later and free because the in game currency (Zenny) system wasn't complete. That ultimately crashed and failed which pushed Guile into the free 2 play  zone till Capcom cut their losses. Ibuki got pushed back for a month and then was released at the same time as Rog. And while Juri and Urien fell back on track we got to play early builds of the characters in ASF. And of course the hackermen got to play them for a few months before they dropped. 

Also we can't forget that S2 started in December of 2016 and we got 7 characters in one year. Kolin came out on time but Ed was pushed back so Capcom could make their new and improved CFN system. Although we did get to beta test Ed which was pretty cool. Then we ended up going back on schedule with everyone's fave character Ungagail.  That being said Zeku was over hyped and ended S3 on a whimper. 

Fast forward and we got Sak the same day AE came out but she dropped late because technically if Capcom hadn't done a big expansion she would have most likely been released in December like Akuma.  Then to make up for that Blanka Chan was released right after her instead of being pushed back which I'm fucking thankful for. 

So now we are back on track again. And baring any weird CFN, in game shop, currency or beta wigahmahwooo Falke should be this month. The biggest issue is that Capcom's PR is fucking asstastic and while they've gotten better at keeping the player base informed they still do things haphazardly. I'm pretty sure if this was NRS they'ed have already teased her potential inclusion in the game last week on Twitter. While I think the 17th will probably be the day she'll get announced or teased I wouldn't put it past Capcom to reveal her on 4/31/18 11:59 APM because fuck you we Capcom.

Anyways when's Sagat?

I think SFV's character release schedule ends up so wacky because a) software development is tricky so shit moves around all the time, and b) they don't have the resources to counter-balance when stuff slips. I think they have the best of intentions but then the natural entropy of software development kicks in and wait why are all our team members pulled in to make MHW DLC fuuuuuuuck.

I also think this is why they're more tight lipped. Can't miss dates you don't announce.

Sagat will release on 12/25/2018 because it is the (re)birth of our lord and savior. 

Spoiler

I don't personally give a fuck about Sagat himself but I know he's a big pull for some. Hopefully he makes the SFV hop in good form.

For me its super disappointing that she's another blonde blue eyed clone with psycho power, but whatever.

If they wanted a "doll" playable, there were better ones to choose from.

You have guys writing some awesome side stories with characters that would be interesting to add to the game, and then we get really bland additions like this with what seems little thought to it.

Edited by mykka

I think Falke will be pretty distinct. She's supposedly from the clone project that gave us Ed not the Dolls, but I'm going off what others have said (my SF lore knowledge ends at SF Alpha endings and the Van Damme movie).

Regardless, she has some kind of stick (maybe a jingu bang kind of thing but maybe just a stick), is dressed like Ed and seems to be part of his new regime-thing, so I think she's more likely to be her own character than a Decapre.

We should know something more concrete soon. "Soon".

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Falke has a retractable to bo staff. As much as I'm not a fan of weapon users, this means she is going to have an interesting style. For all their fucks ups, Capcom has done a pretty good with the character additions. I did not expect to play Kolin so much.

I actually really like almost all of the new chars Capcom has introduced in SFV. Even if I don't want to play them or sometimes hate fighting against them. S2 will probably always be my favorite one (barring an upcoming season adding like Viper and Poison in one go) due to the 5 new (to SF) faces being great additions.  Again give or take the actual mechanical implementation of those characters since Capcom's balancing is so-so.

I'd totally believe that it will be only really used in specials and maybe VSkill stuff. The rest of her kit could easily be normals with kicks, punches, and stick hits. I'm not sure they want to introduce another space control character when everyone is already burning Menat effigies.

For as much potential as VTriggers had to really shake up characters they're usually pretty mundane installs or a low-rent super. I predict one will make her staff glow green and give her some damage bonus and the other will do a one-off attack that isn't so great and thus gets ditched almost immediately by the player base.

54 minutes ago, misterBee said:

How much you wanna bet the staff is in V-Trigger only? :smirk:

Shit would be raw, since every fucking thing with her has her holding it.

Even better she holds it throughout the match, but only fights with it while VT is on...

8 minutes ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

Yup. I went in elbows deep, ripping out the tpe inside the vag while strangling it. Gonna get a cauldron later on and boil it like Ed Gein.

Is that the answer you want to hear, you subpar Kolin player?

Why you mad fam? Is real life getting you down? Come back to the discord fam.