Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

7 hours ago, mykka said:

Falke looks fine. I'm talking about Sakura...

Ah, gotcha. 

Sakura looks okay in short doses at the VS screen. But the longer I look at her the more I get creeped out by how they modeled her smile. It sort of looks like she wants to bite the opponent's face.

All just my take on it of course.

3 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

20180404212611_1.jpg

This is a smile I cannot deny!

See, she looks good in match.

On other news I really wish I played a character people are more scared of, today I brought out Juri for some waistband realized how much people don't give a flying fuck about what I do. Anti aired a guy 5 times in a row in a match and gel kept jumping at me. Meatied the shit out of this Boxer in 1 game and he kept waking up with buttons in the next when I started going for mixups

1 hour ago, ZioSerpe said:

On other news I really wish I played a character people are more scared of, today I brought out Juri for some waistband realized how much people don't give a flying fuck about what I do. Anti aired a guy 5 times in a row in a match and gel kept jumping at me. Meatied the shit out of this Boxer in 1 game and he kept waking up with buttons in the next when I started going for mixups

I actually don't think that is a Juri specific problem. People online tend to be stubborn as fuck and just want to run their game or fall back on the same responses. Especially depending on the ranking band you're in.

So there is a Monkey Neo-Shadaloo guy

Dbv_oVvUQAAQ8pU.jpg

mGW1b02.jpg

Apparently these arent early renditions, but simply other characters from Neo Shadaloo. Apparently its from that book that talks about Neo Shadaloo

Someone at ERA posted this:

I think the six mystery boxes in the Neo Shadaloo relationships chart are meant to represent:

Falke
Bearded guy
Gorilla
Robot girl
Assassin-looking guy
Monkey guy (the codename in the image is simply "Mizaru," the see no evil monkey)

Edited by mykka

Been trying Falke a bit, for some reason I am intrigued by her despite nothing in her toolkit being all that special.

Lack of a 3F Normal, no comeback VT, and such immediately hurts her but I don't know. Falke is so simple and unorthodox I just like to use her weirdness. Probably not a main but I don't mind tinkering with her.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:59 AM, ZioSerpe said:

Zio I think for your level you're fine. Obviously you can improve by allot but you aren't bad for your league. The thing that you have to understand is that this is SFV and imposing your will is really fucking hard. People know what kind of reward awaits them if they keep doing the same shit over and over again. It's not just about what your character can do but about how you as player can dismantle your opponent with in game knowledge that's universal to the cast.

Something that I have a hard time dealing with is seeing the bigger picture. It's easy to get tunnel vision and assume that just because you AA that guy 5 times that he should stop being stupid. That's not gonna work, especially online because people wanna win just as bad as you. If your ground game is solid, then you'll reduce your opponents options and it'll be much easier to deal with the flow chart game plans because you'll be ready for anything.  

Okay that guy keeps dashing after a move hes - on and I know if I check that he'll get annoyed and want to jump in. 

It's fucking hard and I still have issues with it myself. But it's one of the things Pookie uses to beat me all the time.

We'll have to play more Zio so we can both learn from each other. 

Also pray for me guys I'm at 15000LP and I'm trying to get to SD buy at least the end of the month or before Cody lol.

7 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Also pray for me guys I'm at 15000LP and I'm trying to get to SD buy at least the end of the month or before Cody lol.

Good luck bro. 

Why before Cody? Are you thinking of playing him, or are you worried the Cody army is going to rise up and wall you out of SD and beyond?

7 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Good luck bro. 

Why before Cody? Are you thinking of playing him, or are you worried the Cody army is going to rise up and wall you out of SD and beyond?

He wants to look good for when the blonde husbando drops.

Cody doesn't associate with low-tier people.

8 hours ago, misterBee said:

He wants to look good for when the blonde husbando drops.

Cody doesn't associate with low-tier people.

Cody is all about the high class, dude was Aladdining the streets then saw the Mayor's daughter.

"I'mma get me that" He always went for the top.

Honestly getting to SD become Cody is just a milestone thing. 

I’m close to 16K right now but I know I’ll be going up and down. I was nervous fucking reck yesterday evening. So many matches had my heart jumping out of my chest. And some matches left me mad as fuck. But I reached passed my goal for the night which I was very happy about. 

I know it won’t be easy but fuck I’m gonna do it. 

10 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Right there with you brother.

Cross posting this for maximum ownership:

Gotta get back into Ranked so I'm setting a goal. Platinum by EVO. Let's see how close I can get.

Climb starts tomorrow work permitting.

Why do you do this to yourself?

This is SFV we're talking about. 😏

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

Why do you do this to yourself?

This is SFV we're talking about. 😏

Its a fun goal and even with its considerable jank I enjoy SFV. 😁

My heart is still with anime though so I'm going to keep plugging away at Rev 2 and UNIEL when I can. I was able to put some time into all three games on Monday and that was a good time.

8 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Got past my 16k goal but fighting master and grand master and ultra diamonds is killing me lmao 

Good shit man. The pressure will only make you stronger. 👹

Summary of how Ranked games went yesterday:

I did the usual “welcome back to Ranked” points plummet, but thankfully managed to pull up the nose before pitching below mid-Ultra Silver.

Its amazing what a shift in format does. I was getting into sort of a groove in BL games, but throw me into Ranked with some aggro players and I throw all that shit out the window and start jumping and flailing again. Very eye opening. I’m definitely more comfortable in longer sets. Short sets is something I clearly need to work on.

Also very informative getting to play against a wider swathe of characters back to back. Yesterday was the weirdest spread I’ve had in awhile: 2 shotos (Ryu and Ken), a Kolin, 2 Blankas, like 3 Juris and Mika (may be forgetting one). Was nice to not fight an assembly line of Ryus and Akumas for a session.

Took some notes and been thinking a lot about what I did right and what I did wrong (lots more of the latter than the former). I’m looking forward to getting back in there and trying to apply what I’ve learned. Hopefully soon. Its a long list though so its probably gonna take awhile before I really right the ship.

That mega sucks man. The cortisone more than the points, but that sucks too.

For me the Ultra Silver/Gold area is where the competition sort of steps up. Up to that point I was able to get by mostly by waiting for the opponent to do something sloppy and punishing, or throwing pretty basic frame traps/mix ups at them. 

Starting at US/G that started to shift. People still do dumb shit sometimes that you can punish, but not as often (especially depending on the character) and they on average are more content to just block. So in a really general sense I need to learn to be more smartly proactive and step up what I do when the opponent is downbacking. Also players in this range have a more refined routine so the pressure they're throwing your way is going to be more battle tested than in the Bronze/early Silvers, and at least for me I need to be better about recognizing how to deal with it.

That is my specific experience, but I think in general US/G is one of the first big walls that way.  I feel like I need to step my game up in a way that I haven't so far, and its pretty interesting and exciting of a challenge, but its also going to be a rough adjustment period before I can really hang in Gold, let alone start to climb.

I'm rambling. Still have a lot of SFV on the brain. 😁

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Meanwhile I deranked from Ultra Silver to Super Silver instead of hitting Gold. Plus I think my cortisone shot is wearing off in my wrist. FML.

Sorry to hear about your wrists. I think there’s someone else from the SRK community that had hand/wrist problems. 

Ill have to catch some of your replays and see what you were doing. I’m not an expert by any means but I like to watch replays from you guys just to see what’s going on with everyone. 

45 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Sorry to hear about your wrists. I think there’s someone else from the SRK community that had hand/wrist problems. 

Ill have to catch some of your replays and see what you were doing. I’m not an expert by any means but I like to watch replays from you guys just to see what’s going on with everyone. 

Me too me too!

I think my issues are pretty straightforward but I'm of course biased so any feedback from anyone is always appreciated.

Unless you don't want to help me because I'm a dirty Laura player.

In which case I understand. I just need to dip out real quick. Got...something in my eye...*sniff*  😥

On 5/1/2018 at 12:17 AM, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Zio I think for your level you're fine. Obviously you can improve by allot but you aren't bad for your league. The thing that you have to understand is that this is SFV and imposing your will is really fucking hard. People know what kind of reward awaits them if they keep doing the same shit over and over again. It's not just about what your character can do but about how you as player can dismantle your opponent with in game knowledge that's universal to the cast.

Something that I have a hard time dealing with is seeing the bigger picture. It's easy to get tunnel vision and assume that just because you AA that guy 5 times that he should stop being stupid. That's not gonna work, especially online because people wanna win just as bad as you. If your ground game is solid, then you'll reduce your opponents options and it'll be much easier to deal with the flow chart game plans because you'll be ready for anything.  

Okay that guy keeps dashing after a move hes - on and I know if I check that he'll get annoyed and want to jump in. 

It's fucking hard and I still have issues with it myself. But it's one of the things Pookie uses to beat me all the time.

We'll have to play more Zio so we can both learn from each other. 

Thanks for your 2 cents, I see your point, there's just one thing that you get wrong:

\it jeyboard going mentalepAnd I lost my train of thought correcting my mistakes