Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Quick online report: went even over 12 sets last night. Not as many Gold wins as I’d like but I can see things I can work on and practice against to help me out in similar situations in the future. Plus I still have plenty of general clean up to do; I still have bad button habits, or miss stuff that I shouldn’t be at this point.

Still fighting the good fight and trying to move forward. I think things are slowly improving so hopefully I can turn that into some upward momentum at some point. Gonna try to keep at it this week and get time in this weekend, but we’re 99% likely to be getting a dog on Friday so that may throw things off a bit.

Apologies for this one not being as :tldr: as previous ones. I promise to make it up with the next report. 😉

I'm holding off for a bit. I'm likely to go full weeb and buy Cross Tag next week, and early reports of the 30th Anniversary are that it does none too well online. Given Capcom's shitty netcode history and my recent SFV experiences (I legit think its getting worse over time) I'm gonna give that one some time to settle before I buy in. 🙂

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I'm holding off for a bit. I'm likely to go full weeb and buy Cross Tag next week, and early reports of the 30th Anniversary are that it does none too well online. Given Capcom's shitty netcode history and my recent SFV experiences (I legit think its getting worse over time) I'm gonna give that one some time to settle before I buy in. 🙂

lololololol you just gotta do what I do.

buy everything.

Also Bullet isn't in Cross Tag so FUCK THAT GAME.

I'll buy it anyway.

I was doing so well.

Then I heard the Persona music when I was playing the demo.

And I knew I was doomed. ☠️

I definitely want to pick up 30th at some point. I want to try 3S now that I understand a bit more about SF and FGs in general. I'm sure I'll get murdered but it should be fun.

7 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I was doing so well.

Then I heard the Persona music when I was playing the demo.

And I knew I was doomed. ☠️

I definitely want to pick up 30th at some point. I want to try 3S now that I understand a bit more about SF and FGs in general. I'm sure I'll get murdered but it should be fun.

Did you play the Persona fighting games?  I'll play with you.

29 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Did you play the Persona fighting games?  I'll play with you.

Oh yeah. I loved the hell out of P4A/U. It was the first fighting game I really played online and subsequently got spoiled by the netcode. I eagerly await a P5A. 😀

I figure Cross Tag will be a decent way to still play Kanji/whoever and the demo was fun enough to play that I could see putting time into it.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only have a 100MB connection. So I don't think that's it. I think it's the lack of a region filter.

100Mbit?  That's not bad for America tbh.

My friend showed me a tweet where some guy explained how Capcom always set some parameter incorrectly when they use GPPO and rollback.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So how has everyone's netcode experience with Anniversary Collection been? It's been good for me so far. I've only played 7 or 8 matches though.

I would be able to tell you something about this if Capcom and Digital Eclipse didn't fuck up and made several sticks to not register diagonals and not recognize start and other buttons on them.

Mine included.

I am giving them a week to fix that or I am refunding it.

16 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

spent an hour last night getting my ass kicked by Gill in new generation, the cotrols feel Murky, but I have no memories of the actual thing

IIRC New Generation Gill was his easiest incarnation. You hold block, wait for him to lariat, and throw him.

Edit: Just beat him. Yeah you just hold back. Throw him after a blocked Lariat and Jump back roundhouse when tries to somersault knee you. Make sure you have a forward advancing Super Art to knock him out of Resurrection.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
47 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Those are Arthur's lovely and heart stamped boxers.

And I am almost insulted that they gave the smelly hobo this awesome costume and not Gief!

I love all things GnG, but Ryu as Arthur? WHY CAPCOM? WHY?

Gief is too big to be Arthur. Arthur would be bigger than Astaroth.

On 5/31/2018 at 9:51 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC New Generation Gill was his easiest incarnation. You hold block, wait for him to lariat, and throw him.

Edit: Just beat him. Yeah you just hold back. Throw him after a blocked Lariat and Jump back roundhouse when tries to somersault knee you. Make sure you have a forward advancing Super Art to knock him out of Resurrection.

I'll try that. Also sorry for double post I couldn't figure out how to edit the quote in or delete previous post andj remake

11 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

I'll try that. Also sorry for double post I couldn't figure out how to edit the quote in or delete previous post andj remake

The "Edit" button is right next to the "Quote" button. Also keep in mind the GIll strategy I gave you only works on A New Generation. It doesn't work on Second Impact or 3rd Strike. They actually buffed Gill in each incarnation. I swear Gill has like 1500 Stamina in 3rd Strike.

@misterBee  Is there a post delete function?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

You can hit the quote button or highlight text and click the option that pops up.  This will add a new quote into the editor at the bottom of the page.  You can then take this quote and cut/paste it into your old post. Hope this helps! 😃

Online in this game is a motherfucker. 

I think one of the biggest challenges in these ranks is that you still run into plenty of crazy, which can be a pain to deal with, or what I call canned crazy: they start out normal-ish but go fucking bananas if they lose a round. It makes it hard to stay consistent which also results in a lot of yo-yoing in the ranks.

I'm still trying to clean my game up enough to where I can at least hang in Gold, let alone start the crawl upward. Takes a lot of work to get to 50% win rate, let alone above it.

I definitely winced when I saw Idom v Brick. The Gief match up sucks. Doable but Brick is also not the type of player that is gonna make it any easier.

Glad Idom made it as far as he did though. I really like him and Strider, and Idom seems to be doing the best this season. I hope he can keep going to big events but he doesn't seem to be able to travel much.

Bonita life is hard living. Thankfully there are some nice looking cosplayers out there supporting the effort. 😉

@ZioSerpe  Second Impact Gill seemed easier to me than ANG. If you can bait him into using Meteor Shower, he can't resurrect. 3rd Strike Gill was pain in my ass. I literally ended up using Chun Li and spamming Spinning Bird Kick. Even if he blocks, it does a good chuck of chip damage. I actually timer scrammed him one round. My bad wrist  is really aggravating.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sure why not. Not much of an Alpha 3 guy though. I preferred Alpha 2.

STOP SAYING THIS YOU ARE WRONG GO AWAY

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I wont be able to cop 30th till after the 16th. Since you're on PS4 @Darc_Requiem we can try online Alpha3 matches. With me using Rose of course 😘

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME

12 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The fact that you put SFA1 in front of anything means you're a filthy troll or you're actually out of your mind.

Like Ulysses Klaue-level crazy.

SFA1?  That's WRONG man...

Just triggering you man. Actual rankings.

1. SFA2

2. SFA3

3. SFA2 Gold

4. SFA1

Side note: PSP SFA3 is too terrible to be ranked for one reason alone.