Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Ranked has been a bit trying. Tuesday night was PS4 wifi warriors days it seems, and yesterday I was doing well and almost got back to ultra silver with the schoolgirl... till the game gave me Birdie, yolo Ken, Birdie, laggy Guile in a row and back to silver I went.

Ended the day back at super silver and I hope tonight things will be go better. cr mk into VT2 tatsu is working well enough and I just need to get better at confirming this.

I need to train doing it into lp tatsu so that when I land it while in VT2, muscle memory will trigger and the VT2 party will get started.

I feel that if I get back to ultra silver tonight, I may be able to reach gold on Gief Friday.

RIP John Candy 😦

Thinking about it, marriage is a lot like playing SFV sometimes. You think you're doing everything right and things are going well, then you guess wrong and get hit with a big CC into dizzy into death.

The training and analysis feels like it is starting to click. Didn't get as much time to play yesterday as I'd hoped for but I did get a chance to play a couple of sets and those felt a helluva lot better. Even with the wins I still made plenty of mistakes and definitely still have stuff I need to drill into my head, but it did feel good to have things pay off in match. Hopefully I can get some longer sessions in this weekend to continue to work on this stuff in matches.

@Bea_Iank I totally hear you about the connection quality. The matches I played yesterday were the first all week that weren't hiccupy or rollbacky. Its possible to play through a certain degree of it but damn is it frustrating, especially when goofy stuff happens because of it (like getting back thrown out of a 3f gap pressure string).

Keep fighting the good fight! Online in this game is a fucker between the connections and how some of these folks play. Practice and mental fortitude will deliver us all eventually. 😃

Yeah, it will!

Now, if only I could somehow stop getting DP or hadouken when I try to follow a stun with j. HK, cr HP, DP right after j. HK landing, that would be great.

I hope the new, larger and with better parts stick will help me improve on those executions errors and stops double tap from not registering all the time.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Don't hate me but I played a 3 bar match that was smooth as butter last night.

I hate you. I HATE you so much.

Tuesday night I was getting "5 bar" matches where I wouldn't see the start frames of any of my opponents attacks.

Yesterday I only got two "5 bar" matches like that, against a Ryu and a Guile. All the others were good or bearable.

58 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Yeah, it will!

Now, if only I could somehow stop getting DP or hadouken when I try to follow a stun with j. HK, cr HP, DP right after j. HK landing, that would be great.

I hope the new, larger and with better parts stick will help me improve on those executions errors and stops double tap from not registering all the time.

Yeah the new stick will hopefully help with that and be very nice to look at in between rounds and matches. 😄

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Don't hate me but I played a 3 bar match that was smooth as butter last night.

Hey guess what

Spoiler

I do hate you 😠

Spoiler

Nah man I can't hate. I consider SFV's connection ratings to be mostly suggestions anyways. I've had 3-4 bars that performed waaaaay better than some of these 5 bars I've had recently.

12 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

I hate you. I HATE you so much.

Tuesday night I was getting "5 bar" matches where I wouldn't see the start frames of any of my opponents attacks.

Yesterday I only got two "5 bar" matches like that, against a Ryu and a Guile. All the others were good or bearable.

I don't know how SFV determines the bar rating. If I setup a Battle Lounge between my PC and PS4 it's 3 bars. My laptop is literally 3ft/1m from my PS4....

7 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

I need a patch that gives A2 online so I can have a quality Gief and Rose time. 😢

But I am looking forward to get my shapely butt kicked on HF, ST and A3.

I might dabble into 3S, but I barely played it so that would end quite poorly at first.

It's too bad they didn't use SFZ3 Upper.  That version had the infinites removed.  SFZ3/SFA3 without infinites is the greatest Street Fighter game ever made.  FACTS.

I'm not a fan of weapon users but I love what I saw from Cody. He's Final Fight Cody. I always wanted Final Fight Cody. Not that Hamburglar, who was initially Joe but changed to Cody for name recognition, character that came from SFA3. His classic spin kick, his classic FF combo into throw, and despite being mayor he maintains his snark. Capcom you done good. You done damn good. And that isn't getting into the fact that we got Kenny Omega as live action Cody. The only hype killer is his release date, but I'd rather they take the time to get him right.

Edit: I wonder how close my Cody concept will be to the real thing.

Edited by Darc_Requiem