Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Savage.

If only there was a game where we could resolve this Tekken against Street Fighter argument. Something like a cross over game. Maybe even one from each company so you can really see how each set of characters play using the mechanics of each series.

Ah well, they'd never be crazy enough to try something like that. Plus they'd probably fuck it up with DLC anyways.

17 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Savage.

If only there was a game where we could resolve this Tekken against Street Fighter argument. Something like a cross over game. Maybe even one from each company so you can really see how each set of characters play using the mechanics of each series.

Ah well, they'd never be crazy enough to try something like that. Plus they'd probably fuck it up with DLC anyways.

Putting Tekken characters in the same game as Street Fighter characters should be a criminal offense punished by caning. I mean what kind of idiots would make such a crossover when everyone wants CvS3? Rational people would want a Virtua Fighter vs. Tekken.

39 minutes ago, misterBee said:

People who cannot appreciate Tekken have small reptile brains!!!

Seriously though Tekken has more depth than almost any fighting game I've ever played.  Of course the trade-off is high barrier to entry.

That's not the reason I dislike Tekken. Virtua Fighter has probably the longest movesets per character in the genre. I'm complete ass at the game and I still love it. I've never cared for Tekken's gameplay. Depth and high barrier of entry have nothing to do with it. 

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

I'm pouting right now. Just wanted to let you all know. 😢

If it makes you feel any better anime is alive, well, and appreciated around these parts. 👹

42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's not the reason I dislike Tekken. Virtua Fighter has probably the longest movesets per character in the genre. I'm complete ass at the game and I still love it. I've never cared for Tekken's gameplay. Depth and high barrier of entry have nothing to do with it. 

Well thankfully Virtua Fighter is still alive and well...

In DoA.

Assuming that crossover stuff continues in 6. I hope it does since VF seems dead as fuck.

12 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

If it makes you feel any better anime is alive, well, and appreciated around these parts. 👹

Well thankfully Virtua Fighter is still alive and well...

In DoA.

Assuming that crossover stuff continues in 6. I hope it does since VF seems dead as fuck.

Well they better have Vanessa Lewis this time. VF4 Vanessa preferably.

The CPT “bonus” mission this month ended up being perfectly timed: gave me a good excuse to dip back into Ranked and see how things would go.

Ended the weekend near 800 LP up and 10K FM richer, finally with a foothold in Gold. I’ve been able to win sets pretty steadily against Golds and I’ve done well against the few Super Golds I’ve run into. Biggest thing is paying attention to what the opponent is doing and reacting the right way; working from memory the sets I lost were due to either being too slow to really grok what the other guy’s approach was, or being too slow to come up with a good way to counter it (doing that consistently is gonna take more matches and experience I think).

Biggest thing for me right now is enjoying that the practice I’ve put in is paying off, and that these matches are giving me more stuff to work on. Always more things to note down or take to training mode. And there are still so many things with Laura specifically I can work on and try to work into games. I’m trying hard to not focus on wins or losses and just look at each match as a way to apply and learn. So far it is working out and helps when I run into the inevitable fucking loons online.

Laura Note #1: I won all the Laura mirror sets I played this weekend. As I told my wife over dinner, I am the current Laura champion of my living room.

Laura Note #2: Props to JinFu for getting Laura into top 8 at Viennality and to Shakz for getting her into top 3 at Sonic Boom, even with the Cammy assist. 🇧🇷  

Laura Note #3: Week 1 of Gloria costume complete. I agree with Trife on SRK1 that the alt colors mostly suck, but the black version is pretty nice, and maybe some of them will look better in person.

Also I owe misterBee anime games. I did manage to also fire up UNIEL on Sunday but just for practice right now. Still feel like I haven't settled on a character in that game but for the good reason of the cast is mostly very interesting.

I ran through the CPT mission with ease on PS4. Of course my rank had cratered all the way from Ultra Silver to Silver last month so that probably why. Got back up to Super Silver. PC not so good so far. I'm de-ranked from Ultra to Super Silver thus far. Gold players were really pushing my shit in.

Yeah the thing I sort of clicked onto awhile ago is that any of the "get x wins in Ranked/Casual" is that its just a matter of how much you want to throw yourself at online in order to get it. Even if you're at a point where you aren't winning consistently, eventually some wins will come along and you can hit the total. I just managed to get lucky and have a good weekend of play (which is doubly good because I'm not sure when I'll be able to take another crack at Ranked).

Gold is definitely one of those walls. Its weird to me because it's not like players at that level are doing anything really fancy, they just have what they do super-duper down pat so if you don't recognize what they're doing and deal with it appropriately it goes bad. What I did find is that if you can get to Ultra Silver and camp there for awhile you can get a lot of match experience that is still really relevant into Gold (which probably isn't super surprising as there are always plenty of players that live on the bubble).

Of course doing that involves playing more SFV so advisee beware. 😉 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ibuki isn't on the slot machine.

Ibuki isn't trying to "sell her services", just dealing with those hormones at their highest levels so wanting some D to fill an... existential vaccum.

Can't say the same about that bitch Laura, whom I despise with every cell in my body. :coffee:

1 hour ago, Bea_Iank said:

Ibuki isn't trying to "sell her services", just dealing with those hormones at their highest levels so wanting some D to fill an... existential vaccum.

Can't say the same about that bitch Laura, whom I despise with every cell in my body. :coffee:

Your dislike of Laura doesn't change the fact that only female character in Street Fighter with a 24/7 obsession with the D is Ibuki. Ibuki is trying to spread her legs, Laura is trying to spread Matsuda Jiu Jitsu. 😏

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Your dislike of Laura doesn't change the fact that only female character in Street Fighter with a 24/7 obsession with the D is Ibuki. Ibuki is trying to spread her legs, Laura is trying to spread Matsuda Jiu Jitsu. 😏

By flashing her booty (average), boobs (totally fake, they defy gravity and are too round to be natural) and tossing kisses at a slot machine. :coffee: