Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

The Scorp Awards

Best Booking Decision: Wardlow finally turning on MJF in a huge match

Worst Booking Decision: Britt over Rosa, has to be a reason for it

Best Nostalgia Decision: Everything CM Punk did

Biggest Mark Out: Regal coming out

Surprising Match of the Night: AHFO vs Darby/Sammy/Sting

Biggest Botch: Matt turning over during the Coffin Drop... why?!

THANK YOU, MR. KHAN

FL5YhT-XMAQot-i.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Soooo are they bringing back all the former ROH workers that are just fucking around in TNA? Or are the starting from scratch?

Tonys being hush hush..appwhe mentioned aome. Members of the rostwrs but i didnt watch the clip. None of the tweets mentioned whos on the roster but said he mah ask regal, ace steel or sonjay dutt for help in booking. But this coke head atm will be head booker

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Tonys being hush hush..appwhe mentioned aome. Members of the rostwrs but i didnt watch the clip. None of the tweets mentioned whos on the roster but said he mah ask regal, ace steel or sonjay dutt for help in booking. But this coke head atm will be head booker

Cornette should book ROH. I’m being slightly facetious but also incredibly serious. Cornette/Pierce Era of ROH is the best post Sapolsky era of ROH. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Jist woke up to prowrestling twitter apparently having a fucking meltdown last night. Apparently tony khan said roh is gonna be more like nxt 2.0 to develop new stars and be the feeder like we thought. Indy darling hoes in their feels

I mean, I thought this was expected. A place for new talent to get reps. None of the ROH talent is under contract any longer. Not saying none of them will be back but they gotta eat. They can't wait to see when this new ROH will be up and running.

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I mean, I thought this was expected. A place for new talent to get reps. None of the ROH talent is under contract any longer. Not saying none of them will be back but they gotta eat. They can't wait to see when this new ROH will be up and running.

I think a few will go baxk actually unless you a bandido or gresham. Especially if its a djrect feeder to aew

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

RoH will be back next month with the SuperCard of Honor show. Swerve is already on that card. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

AEW has RoH vets on the payroll like Chris Daniels and Kazarian who they ain't using much that could benefit a Fedder RoH. 

Daniels was out for an injury for a long ass time and anniubed a while back this is his retirement tour

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Daniels was out for an injury for a long ass time and anniubed a while back this is his retirement tour

How long was he injured for because he's been wrestling in the indies for a while now. I know he did a New Japan Strong show a few months ago and the local socal indie. He works as a recruiter and backstage hand for AEW these days.

14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How long was he injured for because he's been wrestling in the indies for a while now. I know he did a New Japan Strong show a few months ago and the local socal indie. He works as a recruiter and backstage hand for AEW these days.

He had a fucked eye and i think some other stuff. Strong just got put on tv, i dont think he did it that long ago. Since he's only just recently been showing up on indies 

Really worth the watch if you got time. Tldr version:

Goes over:

-roh purchase 

-post march feelings

-feelings in mjf as a wrestling fan

-wwe network details(they dont get residuals for streaming content. Which is on pae for all streaming services not named Netflix). 

-very emotional through the whole thing

-esquire piece

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

ROH seemed fine booking wise, don't know why Tony wants to take over that part. Honestly keep that team the same or hell, just let Regal book it. Tony has enough on his plate already, we don't need him burning out and lettin the products suffer

If its a feeder then he wants to keep it in line with aew product. Synergy 

57 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It sounds good, but he already got AEW and a football or soccer team to run. That and his aparrent coke habit, he'll be overwhelmed eventually but hopefully I'm wrong 

I'll say this, the one cool thing about 2.0 is to see they're atleast on the same page with the main roster. There definitely was a disconnect between the two during the black and gold days that doesn't seem to be present now. Everything seems to blend, no major inconsistencies between characters and stories 

I'll give them props for having as Maxx would say, synergy 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Being a fedder doesn't mean it needs to be a similar product to AEW. There's no real point in maintaining RoH as a separate company if that's the goal. Would be better if shutting it down and folding it into AEW. 

55 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Being a fedder doesn't mean it needs to be a similar product to AEW. There's no real point in maintaining RoH as a separate company if that's the goal. Would be better if shutting it down and folding it into AEW. 

Tony has earned enough good will from me to have faith in the vision. Man is a lover of history. I feel like he'll do it with respect

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How does he respect RoH legacy by making it AEW 2.0? Tony uses Dark and elevation as AEW developmental. He might as well just rename those shows as RoH if he wants 2.0. 

im not tony. buts very easy in my mind to respect it and keep it in line with aew. nxt 2.0 is a great product if people actually give it a chance. theirs just gonna be more of storyline element to the show. less focus on the indy superstars who arent signed, maybe one off appearances. You can have roh vets come through and work programs with new talent to get them ready.

dark/elevation are developmental but not in the nxt 2.0 kinda way. alooooott of one off local people. alot of those matches are more or less tryouts/jobber stuff. there is like little to no storyline stuff unless its specifically with rampage/dynamite guys.

38 minutes ago, Maxx said:

im not tony. buts very easy in my mind to respect it and keep it in line with aew. nxt 2.0 is a great product if people actually give it a chance. theirs just gonna be more of storyline element to the show. less focus on the indy superstars who arent signed, maybe one off appearances. You can have roh vets come through and work programs with new talent to get them ready.

dark/elevation are developmental but not in the nxt 2.0 kinda way. alooooott of one off local people. alot of those matches are more or less tryouts/jobber stuff. there is like little to no storyline stuff unless its specifically with rampage/dynamite guys.

Dark still does storylines every now and then. The entire feud between Kris Statlander and Layla Hirsch started on Dark.

When 2.0 stated off it was filled with jobber stuff. Only the cram of the crop got to have real matches like Breaker and Waller.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Dark still does storylines every now and then. The entire feud between Kris Statlander and Layla Hirsch started on Dark.

When 2.0 stated off it was filled with jobber stuff. Only the cram of the crop got to have real matches like Breaker and Waller.

that isnt true though lol. 2.0 phased every member of black and gold out. they premiered like 20 muthafuckers on one night and most were involved in some way with black n gold people. it had a very clear direction from day one.

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

that isnt true though lol. 2.0 phased every member of black and gold out. they premiered like 20 muthafuckers on one night and most were involved in some way with black n gold people. it had a very clear direction from day one.

Most of those guys got involved with black n gold guys when they got established enough. I forget his name but I remember one got having a couple of squashes before he was given a romance angle with Elektra Lopez. The Uso little bro also did squashes before having matches with black n gold guys.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Most of those guys got involved with black n gold guys when they got established enough. I forget his name but I remember one got having a couple of squashes before he was given a romance angle with Elektra Lopez. The Uso little bro also did squashes before having matches with black n gold guys.

maybe im misreading it...it seemed like you were saying they were jobbers at first.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MaxxSteve was pretty busted up years ago. Is he going to be able to pull it off? Well Sting managed, so maybe I'm being to pessimistic. 

i absolutely cannot be convinced its a legit match. he hasnt kept in shape like the rock has...its gotta be a redherring of some kind