Stage Select

The Game Music Thread 🎵

• 2 weeks later...

Magfest has been streaming concerts on twitch for those interested.  Currently Triforce Quartet is playing

https://www.twitch.tv/magfest_concerts

Othere notable acts I'll be watching myself will be 11:15 today Bit Brigade, interested in this game symphony at 1:40 tomorrow, super guitar bros tomorrow at 5pm, Mega Ran at 10 tomorrow, and the Megas at 11 tomorrow.  All times are ET.

Edit: the orchestra actually won't be on the main stage so hopefully if its good someone will record it and put it up.

Edited by Sonichuman

Consouls had actually did a 2 parter for their last radio for the previous year

Edit:

Apparently this guy did a version of Heat Haze Shadow for a Tekken Tournament last week?

Dude going ham on this sax lol

Edit 2: actually he did Infinite Azure

Edit 3:  apparently he also did Moonlight Wilderness

Edited by Sonichuman

RobKTA came out with a Sonic album called Needlemouse Mania

Excerpt from the album's bandcamp page:

Artist note, by RoBKTA:

Needlemouse Mania is a fitting musical tribute to Sonic The Hedgehog on the occasion of its 30th anniversary. I drew inspiration from various musical genres like funk, electro and Neo Arcade. I think I crafted a worthy successor to my debut album, ‘Club Needlemouse’, while adding new musical identities to more popular motifs from soundtracks of the Blue Blur game library.

I just finished listening to it and I like it for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to the FFVI Pixel Remaster OST since roughly this morning while I was doing my errands up to now and I got to say they did an AMAZING job on remastering this music.  The arrangements are pretty straight forward  for the most part but just with using real instruments so it sounds most exactly in your head how you imagined the music to be.  The instrument choices for a lot of these tracks are perfect!  Is this what the other pixel remaster OST's sound like @RegH81?  I only decided to listen to FFVI's because I'm most familiar with it's music than the other 5 but if the others are like this I may just grab those too.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been listening to the FFVI Pixel Remaster OST since roughly this morning while I was doing my errands up to now and I got to say they did an AMAZING job on remastering this music.  The arrangements are pretty straight forward  for the most part but just with using real instruments so it sounds most exactly in your head how you imagined the music to be.  The instrument choices for a lot of these tracks are perfect!  Is this what the other pixel remaster OST's sound like @RegH81?  I only decided to listen to FFVI's because I'm most familiar with it's music than the other 5 but if the others are like this I may just grab those too.

FFVI is my favorite, so I was anticipating it more than any other. The other Pixel Remaster soundtracks are quite good. Like, none of them disappoint. But having said that, FFVIPR music is blowing my mind. Like, I was not ready for the music to sound this freaking amazing.

That sax solo in The Mines of Narshe?

Will Smith Fainting GIF

I am having a hard time putting into words how outstanding this music is. 

I didn't think Cyan's Theme could be improved upon but FFVIPR managed to do the impossible. Those flutes and those chimes are heavenly.

Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster soundtrack is ear sex.

Spoiler

james blake discussion GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to FFV and FFIV pixel remasters while I'm working today and I've been really enjoying them.  I'm not as familiar with the music as I am with VI but all the same the music is really close to the same quality as VI.  It say the artist is Uematsu but I'm not sure if it's really him or not but if it is then that's crazy that SE got this man to go back and redo all the music for the games like this.  I need to check into it and see if it really is just him or not.

This really has some old school 2D Disney Princess movie vibes.  At times it almost feels like it wants to transition into "Once Upon a Dream" at the drop of a hat.  I'm gonna have to check the description to see if was on purpose or not cause this is a medley using a few dif princesses from VG...surprised they didn't ref Peach in this.

Hey just throwing this out there but someone recently did a rip of Doom Eternal's music and remastered it and supposedly people are saying the mixing on it is better than the official OST.  It's currently on KHinsider's website for those interested.  I haven't DLed it myself yet but I'll probably look into it tomorrow.