Stage Select

The Game Music Thread 🎵

First Consouls Radio of the year got put up

Set list: 2:20 - Nintendo Land Main Theme 8:44 - The Disaster of Passion (Guilty Gear -Strive-) 14:23 - Sport Climbing (Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games) 21:16 - Fight with the Wind (Capcom vs SNK 2) 28:17 - Trophy (Super Smash Bros. Melee) 34:48 - Simple & Clean (Kingdom Hearts) 39:49 - Puzzle Deductions (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) 50:17 - Crash Bandicoot Main Theme

Powerglove released an EP called "Flawless Victory" today for those interested

https://bravewords.com/news/powerglove-release-new-ep-flawless-victory

Not too much in the way of game music aside from Big Blue ande Pokemon red and blue theme but this seems to be more focused on 90's tv and movies.

Tracklisting:

“Big Blue”
“Animaniacs” (feat. Mike Mills)
“The Fastest Thing Alive” (feat. Narcissa)
“Pokemon Red & Blue Theme”
“In The Dark Of The Night”
“Toxic Love” (feat. R.A. Voltaire and Narcissa)
“In The Dark Of The Night” (Orchestral Version)

Edited by Sonichuman

Not sure if it was mentioned here or not but Kirby and the Forgotten Land music is on Sitting on Clouds. Kirby music is always aces but they knocked it out of the park for Kirby's 30th anniversary game. No doubt an official OST will drob and I will be purchasing that sucker ASAP.

Nice little detail about the Deedly Dees band.

Never played or heard of Life Force but it's a Konami shmup apparently from the NES days.  If you like the game music and you like guitars with moody dark synth then I'd give this a listen.  I dug it even though I'm not familiar with the game or the source track.

This one I AM familiar with. MkVaff back with another banger imo.  Starts low at the beginning then building into driving EDM beats.

New Consouls radio that focuses on..."Playstation"

Set list: 1:42 - A Man of the World (Gran Turismo) 6:16 - Cinco de Chocobo (Final Fantasy VII) 13:37 - Scars of Time (Chrono Cross) 21:51 - Pokke Village Theme (Monster Hunter Freedom 2) 27:44 - Looking up at the Sky (Sora no Kiseki SC) 32:41 - Strange World (Dragon Quest VIII) 39:21 - Infinite Azure / Moonsiders (Tekken 7) 46:13 - Before Moon (Street Fighter EX2 Plus Alpha)

8-bit Music Theory came out with his own VGM arrangement album called "Let's Play"

Tracklist:  Introduction, Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine), Perplexing Pool  (Pikmin 2), Rainbow Road (Mario Kart: Double Dash), A Maiden's Thoughts (Chibi- Robo), Crash Ship Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime), Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee), Our Children Taken (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess), Molgera (Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker), and Today's Results (Pikmin)

Edited by Sonichuman

Edit:

So GeoffPlaysGuitar apparently was a part of the original OST for Metal Gear Rising which is actually pretty awesome  (He was responsible for the EDM aspects of "Stains of Time").  He reached out to Maniac Agenda and they all came together to do a cover of "The Only Thing I Know for Real" in the style of Doom Eternal.  This video goes through the story behind making the cover before hearing the cover at the end.

If you're not really interested in hearing all of that and just want to hear the result

Edited by Sonichuman