Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

On 3/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, rukawa_kaede said:

I don't know if learning 3 characters is too much what about marvel,CVS2

ST is a hell to get into but i'm still trying with my O.Ken

If I could get people to play single character CVS2 with me that would be a dream. Best part of the console ports for that game...

On 3/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, rukawa_kaede said:

fightcade tag : zUeLtAtE_lA_tReNzA

I play all KOFs

Do...do you play Garou? <3

I'm misterBee on Fightcade.

On 3/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, rukawa_kaede said:

I don't know if learning 3 characters is too much what about marvel,CVS2

ST is a hell to get into but i'm still trying with my O.Ken

On 3/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, misterBee said:

I'd put more time into KOF if I only had to play one character.

Some console versions have a single character mode...maybe I can get people to start playing that. :wink:

I just like CVS2 when I see low tier characters that is all SNK cast.

I"ve played garou before I suck at it but I'd like to play it some more

On 3/5/2018 at 12:33 AM, rukawa_kaede said:

you should the card is hella expensive + system, you out of your mind

invite me

Bought a consolized MVS + NeoSD flashcart. Real hardware, real gameplay, but modern tech that helps me avoid fighting collectors for rare releases/finding old home console.

Cost me a small fortune, but worth it once I get everything together...

On 3/6/2018 at 10:35 PM, rukawa_kaede said:

NeoSD flashcart I never heard of it.

I have both on steam also Xiii

Yeah it's a Neo Geo cart that lets you load all your roms onto the SD card. Full compatibility and the console thinks it's a real game. No emulation. <3

Cool man what's your Steam ID?

On 3/6/2018 at 11:30 PM, misterBee said:

Yeah it's a Neo Geo cart that lets you load all your roms onto the SD card. Full compatibility and the console thinks it's a real game. No emulation. <3

Cool man what's your Steam ID?

I looked it up and it is expensive zOMG

I just changed my steam ID to

dEjAtE_cAeR_lA_GrEñA

to match my fightcade tag one

zUeLtAtE_lA_tReNzA

lol only mexicans will get the joke

Edit:Old tag is ruka_11 in case I change it back...I'm thinking is too wordy...lol

On 3/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

You get hit by the northeasters?

Nah, in Brooklyn the storm didn't do much of anything...I was re-arranging furniture and accidently sheared the fiber optic cable that comes in through my window. Tried calling Verizon to have them send a repair man, but because of the storm they're overloaded and won't even let you talk to a real person. Kept getting automated messages telling me to fix it myself...

I'll just hang at my family's place for a while until I can get Verizon to send someone over.

Yeah, it's guard point to be more specific. I think Super Armor is means of still conducting an attack while still taking damage (like what you see extremely often in a Yakuza beat em' up game for example). Guard point just means that an opponent's attack lands but the player's character guards against said move at a certain point as they conduct a move.

Example: Kyo's 236A has a bit of guard point, making it relatively useful in neutral.

I played every single KoF, it was my fighting game growing up, and it was mainly for the story.

I gotta say the recent story is not very good, which threw me off.

But I still casually play on PC, if I find a match that is.

My team is Kyo-Mai and Angel. I am practicing Luong when I feel like KoF (XIV graphics really throw me off, gameplay is good, but there are games with just as good gameplay that look way better) because I am a pervert and I wanna go for all tits and asses.

@misterBee there is a mode to play only 1 character in a team of 3 if you want an easy way in.

Now for unpopular opinions:

KoF98 and 2002 are shit because they are not part of a storyline.

Vanessa new pants and sandals are stupid.

I personally love Vanessa's new look. Makes me think she was called early from a vacation to kick ass, but her outfit from previous games is better. Also while dream match KOF games does nothing for the story. It's nice to see fighters from previous KOF games and team New Face go at it. I was actually surprise when I learned KOF 14 wasn't a dream match but a whole new saga

KOF character designs for me were always at their best when they were stylish without being too extravagant/anime. It's a style that is really iconic to KOF and really helped distinguish it from a lot of the also-rans. Its a series that is way up there with some of my favorite overall character designs.

Also doesn't hurt that it became the new home franchise for the Fatal Fury crew.

5 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

Her design is interesting and far better than all of the weeabo stuff that they brought in on XIV with a lot of the new characters.
I miss the days of old KOF when men where men, women were men and everyone wanted to kill Bao because wtf is a child doing at a fighting tournament.

I don't know...Mai has always been pretty girly, and Kula is like 12 years old.  Sure you've got some tougher ladies like Vanessa, Whip, and Leona, but then you also get someone like Angel.  KOF girls are all over the place tbh.

3 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I don't know...Mai has always been pretty girly, and Kula is like 12 years old.  Sure you've got some tougher ladies like Vanessa, Whip, and Leona, but then you also get someone like Angel.  KOF girls are all over the place tbh.

I am talking up to KOF 99. :tongue:
No bloody child Kula up to KOF 99!
Only manly women like King, Chizuru, Andy Bogard, Blue Mary and etc! :grin:

35 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

She is very into fast motorcycles and motorcycles races.

People just don't explore that side of her because they are too busy wondering when Kyo and Iori will just drop the act and kiss each other.

You're a lore master?!  :astonished:

I stand corrected.  Girls on motorcycles are hot.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

You're a lore master?!  :astonished:

I stand corrected.  Girls on motorcycles are hot.

Another KOF lore master here. Chizuru's big reason for her acting all business at first was that her sister (Who was far more talented at manipulating the Kagura Mirror artifact and practicing the family's martial arts) was murdered in the lead up to her debut in KOF '96. Before that, Chizuru was thought to be a bit of a goof-off that illegally street-raced Motorcycles for fun (With her deceased sister being her mechanic) and slacked off on the fight training and business school stuff because no one expected her to be the heir to her family's vast wealth and influence.

As for her dowdy personality in KOF 2003, well,  she was being manipulated by a member of the group the boss of that game was part of.

3 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Hopefully she gets ran over by a truck.

Why? As of KOF XIII's story mode she's powerless, no longer fighting and running her family's various businesses. Unless we get another dimension-hopping boss like XIV's in a new game that brings an alternate-universe Chizuru into the mix, I don't expect her to be playable in a new KOF for some time.