Stage Select

The NRS Thread

On 10/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, AriesWarlock said:

#Sareena's gorgeous face model bringing her to life in #MK1 is @adeadlysin (IG)!

so-this-is-sareenas-face-model-v0-05b6dv

Oh, she's Venezuelan?

That's Sareena's face model? Damn NRS is at again. They pick gorgeous women for their face models and don't bother conveying it in game too often. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
22 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's Sareena's face model? Damn NRS is at again. They pick gorgeous women for their face models and don't bother conveying it in game too often. 

I think it's justified in Sareena's case. She's a demon and her current design wants to highlight her demonic features. IIRC, this is the first time we've ever seen her in demon form.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The combo lengths in this game are getting ridiculous. I'm not talking about the no. of hits, but the actual duration of the sequence. There's a Shang Tsung combo that goes on for 54 seconds. Yes, 54 seconds, damn near a whole minute that you're getting juggled, and I think it could go over a minute had they mixed in a FB somewhere near the end. Once you're launched you can put the controller down, get a drink, walk the dog, learn a language and come back before it's your turn again.

Not that anyone cares, the game's been out for 4 months so its standard NRS 3-month competitive lifespan is already over.

16 hours ago, Volta said:

The combo lengths in this game are getting ridiculous. I'm not talking about the no. of hits, but the actual duration of the sequence. There's a Shang Tsung combo that goes on for 54 seconds. Yes, 54 seconds, damn near a whole minute that you're getting juggled, and I think it could go over a minute had they mixed in a FB somewhere near the end. Once you're launched you can put the controller down, get a drink, walk the dog, learn a language and come back before it's your turn again.

Not that anyone cares, the game's been out for 4 months so its standard NRS 3-month competitive lifespan is already over.

Stuff like that is why I was ok with mechanics like breakaways in MK11. I know people want to just be able to combo their opponents without there being any chance of them escaping, but I think every game with long combos needs some mechanic to allow you to escape at a cost, and the cost of doing a breakaway was such that it was a "you done fucked up, son" type of move that could even be punished by an astute player.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 2:35 PM, Volta said:

Awww reminds me of another game Mahvel (MVC2) cough... cough...

• 3 weeks later...

the Deadly Alliance at it again. And, oh wait, and an unlikely alliance between an Outworld ruler and an Earthrealm soldier and an unlikely alliance between a demi-god and a fallen elder god!!!

Spoiler

Edited by Jion_Wansu
  • 1 month later...

You guys seen the Scorpion one where Scorpion (Kuai Liang) gets sent to MK Onslaught's timeline?

Also noticed that the reason that Shinnok is not in Liu Kang's (MK1) timeline is because they never met in canon. They don't know about each other according to canon. That's why in Shinnok's chapter, Shinnok wonders what combat would be like with Liu Kang.

Also this:

Edited by Jion_Wansu