Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 2/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, CESTUS III said:

Fact itself Akuma is in S1, make me think Ryu will not be involved much n Ken's run at JP

If only Capcom would take the chance to show Ryu finally enlarging Akuma's arse with the whole temple of his background, I'd be all for it.
Too bad they'll never do so and we will be still plagued by Akuma as of SF36, and we'll just have to be grateful if they won't waste even another slot on Evil Ryu ever again. Oh well, as long as they keep giving me the best Zangief ever seen, I won't care.

In the meantime, I discovered a new chapter in the novel "Capcom randomly jumbles cultures", but it's really like shooting fish in a barrel.

Nakayama said Lily's weapons are called ポカモガン pokamogan. Aka the English pogamoggan, in turn from the Ojibwe bagamaagan "club" and the Cree ᐸᑲᒪᑲᐣ pakamakan or ᐸᑲᒫᑲᐣ pakamâkan, "club, sledgehammer". As @EvilCanadianalready pointed out once, the weapons have a very specific origin, and that's the Northeastern Woodlands. This contrasts with the Great Plains cultures which always were the primary inspiration for the Thunderfoot tribe since its inception, but we should remember that Capcom had (and still has) in mind the classic Hollywood stereotype about the Native Americans: basically, "all the Indians are the same", and that "same" is mostly "Lakota with totem poles" (no Plains culture had totem poles, which are an exclusive feature of the Northwestern Coast).¹ Indeed, we know the elder's name and is Singing Wolf, a blatantly classical English-translated Lakota name. And yet... we saw the Thunderfoot village from above during T.Hawk's ending in SFIV, and they dwelt in typical Lakota tipis. Why do they seem to live in caravans now? With a lot of Aztec imagery on top of that, such as the Sun Stone reproduction just in front above Lily. At least that is Mexican, as is the papel picado hung everywhere, the writings (Gente orgullosa, "proud people" lol, teléfono and, on the left, Lujo - La Fonda - cocteles, "Treat - The Tavern - cocktails"), the people and the coloured hill town in the background, which not only closely resembles the colourful houses of Mexican cities like Guanajuato but also doesn't make the Thunderfoot village seem so isolated anymore... I can't wait until we know the names of Lily's moves, her normals in particular. Also, the name of the wind spirit... What language is that?
lily_ss02.jpg

¹ It's ironic that we use "totem poles", using an Ojibwe word (ᑑᑌᒻ doodem, "clan") for something that the Ojibwe never carved. Linguistically understandable, as most of the Native American words which entered English are from the Northeastern coast because they were the first people the European colonisers met, but still awkward. Well, it's also more pronounceable than the Haida gyáaʼaang, the Tlingit kootéeyaa or the Timsin pts'aan, gotta give them that.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

For what's worth we seen Capcom guys made a concept of a very different G, canon or not (we can't know) at least it hint they likely considered UncleSam-G just a farce/mask because his real self will not be accepted by society

c6wgdhI

This design is pretty disturbing I didn't really analyse it at the time because it's discarded concept art. Though given the status that G is and the fact even the most powerful of the cast like Oro and Gill are somewhat disturbed by G is telling to his power.  

I just noticed that his hairstyles in this concept is literally shaped like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion. I'm not sure why he's crying (translation says that instead of blinking he just sheds tears like a waterfall) but I take it if this is his "true" version of himself he maybe poised for complete world anihillation. The win quote Oro has against him implies G is a manifestation of a "natural disaster"

"I don't know who you are, but you appear to be the manifestation of a natural disaster." 

😮 something I just realized about this design too. 

When G was  conceptulized and released it was around the time of the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter (2018 The anniversary collection released as well as the DLC season which features G) This design concept of G features a beard that when turned on its side resembles a "30".  He also sports a dagger with a hilt that resembles the number 30 as well.🤔

In fact his dagger and beard also seem to resemble a Vajra. The Vajra being a weapon with power akin to a thunderbolt and as durable as diamond. Even Akuma envies the Vajra as he implies that some his techniques maybe able to rival it (KKZ)

spacer.png

Of course this is just discarded concept art but it might suggest as to what G was conceptulized to be.  Was G the boss meant to commemorate  a grand anniversary?

Edited by bakfromon
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Every time I want to shit on a character's design, I see something in the concept art that makes me go, "Well, at least they didn't use THAT..."

Tbh Street Fighter sketches ofter are waaay more extreme/fantasy/anachronistic than final ingame result, they go full brainstorming then they realize the need of tone down stuff to have more coherent style in the final product

3 hours ago, bakfromon said:

This design is pretty disturbing I didn't really analyse it at the time because it's discarded concept art. Though given the status that G is and the fact even the most powerful of the cast like Oro and Gill are somewhat disturbed by G is telling to his power.  

I just noticed that his hairstyles in this concept is literally shaped like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion. I'm not sure why he's crying (translation says that instead of blinking he just sheds tears like a waterfall) but I take it if this is his "true" version of himself he maybe poised for complete world anihillation. The win quote Oro has against him implies G is a manifestation of a "natural disaster"

"I don't know who you are, but you appear to be the manifestation of a natural disaster."

Rather than nuclear explosion, i ever took it as the visual representation as a volcano (power from the earth) with hair under the "cloud" resembling somehow a mountain peak... my thought was it could symbolize a supervolcano able to end life on earth or at least wipe out modern society as we know it, level of disaster similar to the great flood

But the nuclear explosion thing even if at first may seem to far from G theme (nuclear stuff being artificial/man-made), just gave me a crazy theory

As stupid it is i'm just theorizing a thing about G's motivation based on that discarded (or at least unused) design and taking in consideration it symbolize indeed nuclear boom, the open crying eyes and stuff we got in SFV story 🤣

Theory

- G (or at least somebody in his group) can see the future, maybe even better than Rose. Notice G told Rose if she can see it and she realize "it" just that moment, implying she just realized something that G knew already

G literally speak about Rose having same vision that he got

He even speak to her about a "mind's eye" as something he's familiar with

v

- G pushes for "globalization", make all nations disappear to become one

v

- It's implied the great amount of Psycho Power generated through ASF events broken a balance beyond repair

Notice how after that vision Rose does'nt accuse G of be the cause

v

- My thought is this unnatural amount of negativity (PP) may lead nations of the earth to war against each other (essentially PP making worse already existing hate), up to trigger a WW3 nuclear apocalype that will destroy everything... G design reflecting the atomic explosion but also his eyes being ever-open watching it and crying, as if once the boom happened he can do nothing but watch

BONUS: even crazier, what if the "30" is part of same visual prophecy? I mean it may be DATE (30 years in future) of when shit will happen if things don't change

v

- G solution is to dismantle nations system, before nations going at war with each others beyond repair... following the idea if there's only one nation there will not be a war, because you don't have two sides clashing

v

- G is actually trying to SAVE THE WORLD  (not sure if trying to save nature, people or both), but given the importance of his mission to reach that he will be down to do anything, maybe even sacrify humans if needed to save nature (Oro mention how G's energy feels to be in complete harmony with nature), this may explain why seems impossible to figure out if he's "good or bad" in traditional sense

Watch this (Rose story)  now after reading all this madness 😄

Spoiler

🤔

I've just written this and i hate it already, as my starting point was a silly unused costume... because otherwise would link very well lot of story elements we got lol 😮

PS: cool guess on the stache/beard forming a "30", did'nt noticed that but is definitely possible lol

Would be very One Piece thing lol

Spoiler

Mr.3

ワンピース ミスター スリー

But not far from Capcom style, see how Fang was modelled after his obsession for the number 2 lol

8 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

In the meantime, I discovered a new chapter in the novel "Capcom randomly jumbles cultures", but it's really like shooting fish in a barrel.

Nakayama said her weapons are called ポカモガン pokamogan. Aka the English pogamoggan, in turn from the Ojibwe bagamaagan "club" and the Cree ᐸᑲᒪᑲᐣ pakamakan or ᐸᑲᒫᑲᐣ pakamâkan, "club, sledgehammer". As @EvilCanadianalready pointed out once, the weapons have a very specific origin, and that's the Northeastern Woodlands. This contrasts with the Plain cultures which always were the primary inspiration for the Thunderfoot tribe since its inception, but we should remember that Capcom had (and still has) in mind the classic Hollywood stereotype about the Native Americans: basically, "all the Indians are the same", and that "same" is mostly "Lakota with totem poles" (no Plains culture had totem poles, which are an exclusive feature of the Northwestern Coast).¹ Indeed, we know the elder's name and is Singing Wolf, a blatantly classical English-translated Lakota name. And yet... we saw the Thunderfoot village from above during T.Hawk's ending in SFIV, and they dwelt in typical Lakota tipis. Why do they seem to live in caravans now? With a lot of Aztec imagery on top of that, such as the Sun Stone reproduction just in front above Lily. At least that is Mexican, as is the papel picado hung everywhere, the writings (Gente orgullosa, "proud people" lol, teléfono and, on the left, Lujo - La Fonda - cocteles, "Treat - The Tavern - cocktails"), the people and the coloured hill town in the background, which not only closely resembles the colourful houses of Mexican cities like Guanajuato but also doesn't make the Thunderfoot village seem so isolated anymore... I can't wait until we know the names of Lily's moves, her normals in particular. Also, the name of the wind spirit... What language is that?

¹ It's ironic that we use "totem poles", using an Ojibwe word (ᑑᑌᒻ doodem, "clan") for something that the Ojibwe never carved. Linguistically understandable, as most of the Native American words which entered English are from the Northeastern coast because they were the first people the European colonisers met, but still awkward. Well, it's also more pronounceable than the Haida gyáaʼaang, the Tlingit kootéeyaa or the Timsin pts'aan, gotta give them that.

Great stuff as usual

Personally despite all SF silliness (that deep down i love), i think her stage may be the best of this new group (and i like Gief/Cammy ones)... it just does wonders at build up Lily style and goes hard on old school exotic world tour vibes 😄

Just to add some, something that surely many noticed already but i don't think to have seen mentioned, Lily redesign have Mexico flag 🇲🇽 on it 😄

LILY | STREET FIGHTER 6 | CAPCOM

Now that i think about it original design being all green, white and red was'nt casual either lol

Chakotay on Twitter: "So far, I think I might use Lilly in Street Fighter  6. Her design seems cool and having 2 clubs might be fun  https://t.co/ok9bYEiclU" / Twitter

PS: About Thunderfoot tribe being maybe not so isolated, may the city be same of T.Hawk's SF2 stage?

T-Hawk from Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo | FGBG

On the caravans thing, maybe is Capcom trying to say with years passing (including timeskip ones) maybe the tribe is changing life-style

I'm thinking kinda like also post-timeskip default Blanka looks like he's approaching/embraching "modern society" more than usual

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Rather than nuclear explosion, i ever took it as the visual representation as a volcano (power from the earth) with hair under the "cloud" resembling somehow a mountain peak... my thought was it could symbolize a supervolcano able to end life on earth or at least wipe out modern society as we know it, level of disaster similar to the great flood

But the nuclear explosion thing even if at first may seem to far from G theme (nuclear stuff being artificial/man-made), just gave me a crazy theory

That's true, his attacks feature volcano like explosions already so his hair might just imply a large powerful explosion. If you notice his knuckles on his hands in this design are meant to represent mountains. Overall his design in this concept art was meant to show that he was a living force of nature to his rocky knuckles, waterfall tears, and cloud like hair. 

When  G enters "President Mode" his skin does take on this darker tone like in the concept art although besides his spinning golden global tattoos his current design doesn't represent the Earths attributes like this one does. 

The "30" is obvious a nod to the series as a whole and nothing really much to go off of besides that in terms of story. 

When we look at G in terms of how he's presented he does come off as a ringleader of a show. When he was introduced in the "Arcade Edition" of the game the introduction and theme changed to reflect a "grand show" (Gold, Spotlights, Chun Li applying make up, a background set)

Gill's win quote to G implies that he knows who or what he is.

"An undocumented power... Is this person just a clown, or perhaps..."

He thinks of him as a clown... Menat draws the Fool card with G on it

Edited by bakfromon

I think with the introduction of Necalli - SF has crossed over more brazenly into the realm of mystical supernatural creatures. I don't think we're getting vampires soon, but Necalli is essentially a ghost that eats people and G is basically Gaia (the embodiment of the Earth and Natural Disaster).

Previously, the mystical elements were grounded in fighting techniques, ki manipulation, and martial arts. I'm personally not a fan of this jump and I hope they try to reel it in and ground it in the lore's reality a bit.

Necalli makes more sense if he is a Mayan/Aztec warrior that harnessed their interpretation of SNH - Essentially making him Akuma/Oni but from another older culture.

G on the other hand, probably needs to be toned down in the canon because otherwise we are in Ingrid territory and unlike Ingrid we can't say she isn't SF.

What makes SF so great is that no matter how strong and overpowered the characters and lore becomes, the motivations always get back to street level. As Ryu says, the answer seems to always lie in the heart of battle. Even for villains such as Bison, Gill, Akuma, and Necalli. There is this unsaid respect for fighting that runs through the entire story and all characters.

G just flips the script on all this in the context of that concept art and what he likely could represent.

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Previously, the mystical elements were grounded in fighting techniques, ki manipulation, and martial arts. I'm personally not a fan of this jump and I hope they try to reel it in and ground it in the lore's reality a bit.

Yeah, I was kinda concerned when we learned Necalli was not human and some Pillarman. I don't want things to wildly escalate. I REALLY don't want G to be mystical, I want him to be harnessing some sort of power rather than being a spirit or God.

Since SRK, I've been saying how I don't want SF to get into the shonen power creep / escalation trap. I want it to have martial arts and some mysticism a dip into some sci-fi, but I don't want it to go KoF and have gods and higher beings regularly. It works for that series since it was there right in the first arc and the series has always hovered in that realm. I fear going too wild could get into a tailspin. 

Though so far with all that we've seen in SF6, it feels very much like we've come back to somewhat grounded setting. We're in urban settings, a manhunt, a plunderer with a power native to the series, and the path of warriors young and old, so I feel pretty safe for now. I hope that the current team sticks with this direction, has some surprises, but doesn't go crazy in the world structure or something hah.

2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Gill's win quote to G implies that he knows who or what he is.

"An undocumented power... Is this person just a clown, or perhaps..."

Yeah after defeating him Gill even think to have already seen/felt G power

-timestamped-

Wich could make sense, as Secret Society techniques give to young canditates elemental powers based on personal affinity

These power must be deeply linked to nature, just as G's ki -according to Oro- is in harmony with nature... would not surprise me much if Gill felt in his clash with G a power that feel familiar

Is possible G affinity with earth element works pretty similar to how Gill learned to master ice and fire

Idk if G is related to SS or somehow got his powers with them, going by logic even if they're experts at link ki to elements does'nt mean people outside SS can't do the same, just that you don't have SS people teaching you how to do it

Still possible people outside SS know how to teach it... Dhalsim control fire for example, and he's even teaching it to the indian cop

Dhalsim (Street Fighter) - Art Gallery - Page 2

Fun thing Dhalsim say his fire comes from Agni (indu god of fire), just like G say his powers come from Gaia (ancient greek "goddess" of earth), on surface their explanation feels similar... i don't believe these gods actually exist in SF canon, just that Sim and G believing in these gods existence put their ki in the right "mood" to generate that kind of energy

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think with the introduction of Necalli - SF has crossed over more brazenly into the realm of mystical supernatural creatures. I don't think we're getting vampires soon, but Necalli is essentially a ghost that eats people and G is basically Gaia (the embodiment of the Earth and Natural Disaster).

I don't think G is Gaia, actually he does'nt even claim it himself

"I have the power of Gaia!"

Just like Sim speak about Agni as somebody else

"To fight is to obey the great Agni's will."

Both speak as if their deites conceded them these powers

Fun thing for a short moment Sim even confuse Gill for the god Agni 😄

I think G either is part of some ancient cult that worship Gaia (wich MAY link to SS, considering ancient greek theme) that developed earth powers just like Sim, or he's somebody that for whatever reason entered in maximum harmony with nature/earth energy (as Oro claim) and got overwhelmed, becoming essentially crazy because human's mind can't handle connect with something so much greater... like him being "drunk" of earth's energy if you get what i mean

Dangers of inner energy is not even that new as concept, example even real life yoga can have stuff like

"One of the dangers of Kundalini yoga is that it can cause mental and emotional imbalances. If the Kundalini energy is not released properly, it can get trapped in the body and cause ailments such as anxiety, depression, and OCD."

Or to stay more in SF style, SnH or PP... example Bison itself probably had different person before PP became so important part of him

3 hours ago, bakfromon said:

He thinks of him as a clown... Menat draws the Fool card with G on it

Keep in mind being considered a clown and the Fool of tarot cards are two pretty different things

Menat actually does similar comparision (Fool=dumb) in the same moment you speak about, but Rose correct her

-timestamped-

we don't read Rose comment, but from Menat's reply we understand Rose told her he's not dumb

Fool in tarots have pretty important meaning (i copypaste wikipedia)

In many esoteric systems of tarot card interpretation,[which?] the Fool is interpreted[by whom?] as the protagonist of a story, and the Major Arcana are the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life. This path is known traditionally[by whom?] in cartomancy as the "Fool's Journey", and is frequently used to introduce the meaning of Major Arcana cards to beginners.[21][22]

According to A.E. Waite's 1910 book Pictorial Key to the Tarot,[23] the Fool card is associated with:

Folly, mania, extravagance, intoxication, delirium, frenzy, bewrayment.

Is ineresting how the meaning of the card does'nt hint much somebody who's purposely being funny or joking, but somebody being affected by a state that cause him to behave in that way

35 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'm secretly hoping that our friend who leaked the roster with 100% accuracy helps relieve me of the anxious anticipation of future DLC.

A leak in summer that tells us the DLC characters of S2 and S3 would be noble.

Tbh before that i pray the 4 chars model for Season is just a fun joke and that the missing ones will be avaible at launch in some sort of special "Season 0"

Personally i'm lucky, as start cast already cover some of my favs and character creation will keep me busy a lot, but for people waiting their fav to return 4 for Season would be torture lol

Plus of course while good this cast still have huge holes (Muay Thai and pure Boxing) i would lke to see covered as soon as possible*

*Sagat/Adon and Dudley pls

13 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh before that i pray the 4 chars model for Season is just a fun joke and that the missing ones will be avaible at launch in some sort of special "Season 0"

I don't think it's a joke because SF6 is being released at the half year point, so less characters is kinda expected. S2 should be a return to form with 6 characters.

17 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh Street Fighter sketches ofter are waaay more extreme/fantasy/anachronistic than final ingame result, they go full brainstorming then they realize the need of tone down stuff to have more coherent style in the final product

Eh, I think it goes both ways.  As I often see really cool, grounded, martial arts themed outfits in the concept art that they don't end up using.  So I think what they actually end up choosing is something of a middle ground.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping they do the "tracksuits for everyone" thing again.  They were all just...solid.  And I really liked that.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

Necalli is essentially a ghost that eats people

Ghost nothing.  He's straight up an alien blob.  A ghost is tasteful compared to that.

Edited by DarthEnderX
22 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Eh, I think it goes both ways.  As I often see really cool, grounded, martial arts themed outfits in the concept art that they don't end up using.  So I think what they actually end up choosing is something of a middle ground.

Yeah, never thought was easy, but to kill the wait i'm dropping some ideas for character creation and find the right balance is tricky...

I mean, at first feels immediate go for missing grounded martial artists concepts (stuff like dutch kickboxer, israeli Krav Maga char, mongol wrestler etc) because are the type i prefer and want to see to expand SF cast, yet it took add some bizzarre/less straightforward ones for things to start feel "SF" lol

23 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping they do the "tracksuits for everyone" thing again.  They were all just...solid.  And I really liked that.

MIxed feels there, i did'nt liked the costumes themselves, but i liked the gesture of make them free and for everyone, specially considering some chars had very few alts

I liked also they did some effort to make everybody wear it differently to reflect personal style though

UDON STREET FIGHTER 6 COMIC PLOT LINE REVEALED

The inside of the book gives a plot synopsis on the upcoming 4-part, 48 ppage mini-series.

Street Fighter 6 #0: It’s a whole new generation of World Warriors! In this issue, mixed martial artist Luke puts his special forces training to work, and the sadistic Juri squares off against graffiti ninja Kimberly!

Street Fighter 6 #1: American martial arts champion Ken Masters travels to the city-state of Naishal for a new fighting tournament- but he finds much more danger than he bargained for!

Street Fighter 6 #2: Someone wants Ken Masters dead! Luckily the strongest woman in the world- Chun-Li- is on hand to keep her old friend safe.

Street Fighter 6 #3: Deadly bombings are rocking the city- and it's up to Luke to find the source! Plus- Ken Masters must make a devastating choice as his son's life hangs in the balance!

Street Fighter 6 #4: Ken Masters is through running- and makes his presence known at the Naishal fighting tournament! Only one man holds the truth about the chaos exploding around both Ken and Luke... the mysterious JP!

Let the story talk, theory-crafting, reactions, and predictions commence, since this sets up for the canon plot for SF6, there is much we can take from 5 comic synopsises. 

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

First of all - YAY! There is an actual fighting tournament again!

Second - Fuck this happens before SF6 so we're gonna be dealing with the aftermath of the tournament in the game!

Three - Juri should kick Kimberly's ass with her eye closed, otherwise she really has powered down in this chapter (second time in her history?).

Four - Mel is the new Li-Fen!?

Five - RYUUUUUUUU RYUUUUU RYUUUUU!!! Where are yoouuuuuu!!! ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Let the story talk, theory-crafting, reactions, and predictions commence, since this sets up for the canon plot for SF6, there is much we can take from 5 comic synopsises. 

I have posted earlier that I am worried with Ken or either Sean fate that they maybe use as a major plot twist and gets killed but given a bigger role before being phaseout and retire their character since they are shotoclones.

Since likely everything is now is a Ryu and Luke.

retiring fighting game characters is okay but killing them was never a good thing in any FG compare to other gaming genre

Edited by Shakunetsu

Just a hunch but since JP is the national hero of Nayshall he's obviously the one behind the new tournament Ken enters.

The bombings are obviously going to be framed on Ken for some reason. Ken is probably going to have to choose between protecting his family by giving them up in some form whether that be physical estrangement or something worse so he chooses to alienate his family for the best outcome regarding the circumstances. 

Ken seems reluctant to enter this tournament and it maybe because his family is at stake. Though it seems he's willing to put it all on the line for them. It seems it may cost him as well unfortunately. 

You know with this plot revolving around terrorist causing citywide explosions and characters having to make choices makes me think of the circumstances revolving other media. 

I hope Ken doesn't have to make a choice similar to what occurs in the Dark Knight 

Edited by bakfromon
20 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Street Fighter 6 #4: Ken Masters is through running- and makes his presence known at the Naishal fighting tournament! Only one man holds the truth about the chaos exploding around both Ken and Luke... the mysterious JP!

Tournament being set in small Nepal/Tibet-like country instant give huge vibes of

The Quest (1996) — The Movie Database (TMDB)

have the princess/"goddess" watch the fights there in the centre background in Naishal stage even remind me Khao, the old leader/master/ruler(?) that was the supreme authority of the tournament and watched all fights from his throne

https://i.ibb.co/nj9G7Vs/quest.jpg

Ironically also there the american rep (Van Damme) is accused of a crime he did'nt commit (he must take responsibility for people that are with him)

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

Five - RYUUUUUUUU RYUUUUU RYUUUUU!!! Where are yoouuuuuu!!! ❤️ 

As expected i think Ryu will be pretty absent from this arc, good choice

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, bakfromon said:

I hope Ken doesn't have to make a choice similar to what occurs in the Dark Knight 

with all this build up, i really feel there is something wrong and bad could happen i just hope neither Sean or Ken would have a fate of being killed for the sake of NARRATIVE. we all know they are building up Ryu and Luke so much.

I believe Mel sooner be in SF7 or 8 like building up with Li Fen. Mel is the main focus of the cover for some reason and including someone similar to Laura without Sean? 

9 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

I really want Ken to have a boring happy ending where JP is defeated and he can reunite with his family. JP deserves all the Shoryu smoke for manipulating our dude.  I can't help but wonder if someone even more nefarious is behind the bombings and JP's just a front man for whoever the real big bad is...

I understand that Ken needs to have a happy ending, but what if he goes violent... What if his family are killed in the process and he becomes our Harvey Dent.... That would make things a lot more interesting...

After JP is deleted of course.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

with all this build up, i really feel there is something wrong and bad could happen i just hope neither Sean or Ken would have a fate of being killed for the sake of NARRATIVE. we all know they are building up Ryu and Luke so much.

I believe Mel sooner be in SF7 or 8 like building up with Li Fen. Mel is the main focus of the cover for some reason and including someone similar to Laura without Sean? 

I really don't see them killing Ken. This whole direction feels like they're giving him trials to give him new direction, but not a swansong. I'm thinking that they're breaking him down to build him up again will eventually reunite him with his family for a good ending.  I also feel that this is to say, sure Ryu and Luke are the future, but also Ken, while not a headliner, is capable of his own story. Ryu and Luke are giving their whole lives to their fights, but Ken's family and love of them is being elevated as his main aesthetic now, rather than, wandering warrior.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

well what is he doing then? What’s more important than saving his friend who stood by him time and time again? Why does JP want to separate and isolate Ken and Ryu? Does he want Ryu too? Is Ryu gonna cheat on Bison too with this cheap imposter?! 

Ken have his career as martial artist goes to tournaments without Ryu already, see as example SF3 (wich was a tournament only for americans, but still Ryu did'nt felt the need to be there)

Ken have his own path just like Ryu does'nt ask Ken to go with him around the world, would say in their adult, post-Ansatsuken dojo life is normal for them to don't see each others much

Ken likely got invited to Naishal because he was fresh of his 3rd pan american title, took his plane and flight there for the tournament without need to involve Ryu (and instead actually bringing Mel, guess to have some father-son time)

All the problems apparently happened while he was there to compete, it's not like Ken was consciously going to war or something predictable

Meanwhile you would have Ryu in Japan or in some corner of the world training and doing usual Ryu stuff

Again, narratively make things much easier have Ryu elsewhere if you want to have Ken to behave as Boss beater, actually him being forced to face his greatest challenge canon wise will make the stake feel high even if JP himself will not be strongest Boss we seen

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

he will never return. So Violent Ken is the next best thing for our hungry edgelords.

at this point Evil version of Ryu and Ken doesnt make sense, edgelord are for mid twenties and teen characters. They already got Akuma.

Evil Ryu is just  fitting more of a flashback battle, like Nightmare Geese.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

well what is he doing then? What’s more important than saving his friend who stood by him time and time again? Why does JP want to separate and isolate Ken and Ryu? Does he want Ryu too? Is Ryu gonna cheat on Bison too with this cheap imposter?! 

Surely if his entirely absent in the Ken ARc he will be the focus of the SECOND ARC, connecting and setting up to promote the batch of DLC characters like Akuma and etc.

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I understand that Ken needs to have a happy ending, but what if he goes violent... What if his family are killed in the process and he becomes our Harvey Dent.... That would make things a lot more interesting...

After JP is deleted of course.

Ugh, I hope not. Maybe it's because I've read too many comic books, but dead family/dead family member/dead teammate is such an overused trope. Not even in origin stories, but "this issue will SHOCK YOU!" ways. You can drag a character through the wringer, through hell in so many ways and not go to dead loved one. The devs have been moving the series forward, but going back to another "good shoto struggling with evil/hate" would be a regression.

You don't even have to have Ken have the happy ending immediately, it could even be melancholy and be his new direction for the next 3 games where even with JP dead/defeated/depowered, the effects of the plot still require Ken to stay away and fix this. You can add new things along the way and build towards a happy reunion in SF8 if need be, but just killing Eliza and or Mel is a waste. Especially now that story is more important to the series, you could do more with the npc characters, you could make Eliza compelling, be his Mary Jane (classic era) who shows strength and resolve through the horror show that their lives, but the come together stronger.

For all that these folks have been doing to move the timeline, character designs, and motivations forward, Ken becoming Violent Ken would be such a waste, especially since they're doing something big with him and unique so far.

42 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Ugh, I hope not. Maybe it's because I've read too many comic books, but dead family/dead family member/dead teammate is such an overused trope. Not even in origin stories, but "this issue will SHOCK YOU!" ways.

I feel the same way. like this is now a common trend in modern comic book fiction

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Ken likely got invited to Naishal because he was fresh of his 3rd pan american title, took his plane and flight there for the tournament without need to involve Ryu (and instead actually bringing Mel, guess to have some father-son time)

Ken likely gets invited by JP himself. They're together in the preview panels of the comic and they seem to have a benign relationship during this time.  

We also know from the preview that Mel is with some bouncer looking guy that Luke is tracking. 

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

All the problems apparently happened while he was there to compete, it's not like Ken was consciously going to war or something predictable

Right, but from the preview synopsis says that Ken makes himself known at the tournament and is done running away. Its almost as if this tournament isn't one he entered willingly but by force. 

JP maybe manipulating these terrorist attacks on his own and then using Ken as a fallguy. What better way to manipulate a population in thinking your a national hero than creating your own problems and blaming them on another before you take action in solving them.  Ken's; "Masters Organization" maybe in direct conflict or competition with JP's GMO. This maybe JP's way in removing a potential high profile competitor in his business and in the ring.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:44 PM, bakfromon said:

Ken likely gets invited by JP himself. They're together in the preview panels of the comic and they seem to have a benign relationship during this time. 

My guess is was Naishal princess to invite Ken, JP and other rich people to the tournament in her country

Street Fighter 6 Ken Masters Story Preview, Official UDON Comic Announced |  TFG Fighting Game News

We also know from the preview that Mel is with some bouncer looking guy that Luke is tracking.

Yeah this guy

STREET FIGHTER 6 COMICS PREMIERE: FREE COMIC BOOK DAY MAY 6 2023! – UDON  Entertainment

Seems possibly a bodyguard hired for Mel's protection, would make sense considering he's the son of a billionaire

Him and Luke smiling at each other make me think maybe they both work for Buckler PMC

Another possibility is Luke discovered the bodyguard is working for the faction that's going to frame Ken, and even if Mel does'nt know it the kid is actually hostage rather than protected (by body position seem to trust the big guy)... so maybe Luke in next page is going to fuck up the bald guy and tell Mel that they're the bad guys

Right, but from the preview synopsis says that Ken makes himself known at the tournament and is done running away. Its almost as if this tournament isn't one he entered willingly but by force.

Feel bit strange they will manage to force a rich famous person to flight to Naishal with his son to partecipate the tournament, feel more easy to me he was invited, go to partecipate in a tournament would be nothing strange for Ken

JP maybe manipulating these terrorist attacks on his own and then using Ken as a fallguy. What better way to manipulate a population in thinking your a national hero than creating your own problems and blaming them on another before you take action in solving them.  Ken's; "Masters Organization" maybe in direct conflict or competition with JP's GMO. This maybe JP's way in removing a potential high profile competitor in his business and in the ring.

Yeah indeed i think the tournament was a trap, just that Ken did'nt needed to be forced to be there

Essentially i doubt Ken had any suspect to be in trouble till he was in Naishal and bad shit happened

A good trap works best if the victim does'nt realize to be fucked till very last moment

As you said i think JP pulled the strings to be sure Ken would have been there and had indeed a plan to frame him and ruin Ken position as billionaire competitor, ruin Masters Foundation would benefit other big players

Speaking of wich, wonder if JP is the only that took part on that plan

I think the woman may have been part of it too, not sure about Kimberly's uncle

Udon Street Fighter 6 FCBD preview-4 | BrutalGamer

11 hours ago, Daemos said:

Is the Laura looking woman just the Princess out of uniform?

Not sure wich you mean

If you mean this with black hair at Mel's left

UDON Street Fighter 6 Prequel Comic Available for Pre-order | TFG Fighting  Game News

I doubt, imho seems too old (i think the princess is very young) and i doubt we will see her in non-princess attire, also she seem to have a fighter-like expression

Imho could just be Laura (yes, please)

Beside looking like her, Ken training Sean make plausible she and Ken know each others very well at this point (plus Ken was basically Laura's only main character interaction in ASF)

If you mean the woman with Ken, JP, Kim's Uncle in the BW pages, she's portrayed as part of the group in video conference with the princss, so 99% they're 2 different characters

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

That looks like that lumberjack chick, but without the white streaks in her hair.

I concede some resemblance too (both brazilian women iirc too right?), but once you consider Laura having full head of black hair and Laura having already a personal interaction with Ken, i would still be more inclined to say Laura

Plus if we consider udon story this time may be used to push future characters, i think Laura murder the lumberjack girl chances (also considering as big muscle girl we already got Marisa, and that Nakayama likes Laura a lot)