Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

That’s crazy seeing the Ryu SFV being used like this. Man it’s been 7 fucking years man lol 

Two interessing things

At 1:12 theres the concept that seem a lab stage, i don't remember if SIRN/IRN is anything but the ying/yang shape and the exagons remind me Seth

At 4:01 NPC sumo dude have a stance that no current main cast char have

27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS IIIare you including classic Akuma alt? Because you know they will sell that along with speedo alt!

You're absolutely right, i totally forgot to count Akuma with SF2 vets (my brain trying to keep holy memories of SF2 crap-free i guess 😄 ), i will add "likely to get a SF2 nostalgia one" like i did for Honda, Blanka and Sim

Btw Fundoshi ("speedo") version it's likely just either design study of what the char wear under layers, or will be possibly unlocked as alternate version of same costume like SFV did

Default look of the costume is likely the small one in the middle with white cloth covering from stomach to thighs area, guess will work a bit like the cloth in this costume he had back to SF4

Spoiler

Akuma's alternative costume colors for Super Street Fighter 4

15 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

At 1:12 theres the concept that seem a lab stage, i don't remember if SIRN/IRN is anything but the ying/yang shape and the exagons remind me Seth

The S in the logo forms a bit of a yin/yang shape. Interesting coincidence. I don't think it's related since the SIN logo looks completely different but can't rule it out. It would certainly be cool if Seth tried to go "legit" and start his own AI company in the universe, but supplying them to JP feels like he substituted one master for another. Seth can't catch a break.

Screenshot-1389.png

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The S in the logo forms a bit of a yin/yang shape. Interesting coincidence. I don't think it's related since the SIN logo looks completely different but can't rule it out.

Exagons (on the floor) were also a pattern in SF4 stage

Spoiler

street441.jpg

ULTRA STREET FIGHTER IV Chun-Li VS Seth Final Stage - YouTube

may be coincidence, but would make 2 even if small

It's also true that capcom created FemSeth in SFV to do... absolutely nothing with it

I think from there they either drop completely the char, or bring it somewhere

Personally hope the former, Seth does nothing for me

I love what they did with the character in SF5, I think he can carry on as a minor villain throughout the series. His personality and playstyle are extremely unique. SiRN could be that opportunity for the character, although when we saw him last he was driven insane by the glitches and Phantom Bison.

Also having FemSeth with a male voice is genius. Hope that returns as it is shocking for anyone who does not the history of the character.

9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Also having FemSeth with a male voice is genius. Hope that returns as it is shocking for anyone who does not the history of the character.

He'd probably change that after sorting his glitches out.

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

although when we saw him last he was driven insane by the glitches and Phantom Bison.

They just need to turn him off again then on again.

35 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Tbh think when your opponent looks like this

STREET FIGHTER V: CHAMPION EDITION - Seth Gets The Spotlight In New  Character Introduction Video

Male voice is last of your concerns

41 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

He'd probably change that after sorting his glitches out.

I think that's correct

28 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Careful if you dont want spoils. But someone got their hands on the full version early, and there's a twitch VOD showcasing some stuff. Including Cammy  arcade mode stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

The streamer made sure to skip over anything in the dialogue that would spoil too much. All's you get are a few frames of artwork.

Spoiler

They do show the ending artwork for Cammy though. Dear lord it's pure fan service! Even though she's not in her classic costume they have her throwing some 🍑 out lifting at the gym working out. They knew what they were doing having her in some sports bra and yoga leggings. 😏

Oh and of course JP is the Boss of arcade mode no surprise. 

Everything is left up in the air at the end in classic SF ending fashion though. 

Spoiler

A little underwhelming... I presume Arcade Mode is essentially a prologue for the main events of the game otherwise these plotlines are meager af.

As suspected, Cammy is able to sense Psycho Powers presence. She fights JP for it because she believes he knows something about Shadaloo but he escapes before telling anything. Very underwhelming if this is the end of her story in SF6.

32 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Yeah it doesn't feel like there is a "conclusion" like the SF5 arcade endings.

Maybe we get 2 part prologues and endings like SF4.

Otherwise that WTM story mode needs to do a lot of heavy lifting and it doesn't feel like it will since the focus is on the player's avatar.

Is it just images in the prologue, then images as the ending? 

I dunno man... This game doesn't feel like it's gonna be substantial with the story. I've mentioned before that I don't trust World Tour to give us a lot of significant story elements. Nakayama-san more or less mentioned that our avatar is main character, which I'm not feeling. No doubt the game is gonna be more fun than our past SF games, but I don't want bare bones for a story. The comic has been great though! 

Edited by ToreyBeans
23 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I dunno man... This game doesn't feel like it's gonna be substantial with the story. I've mentioned before that I don't trust World Tour to give us a lot of significant story elements. Nakayama-san more or less mentioned that our avatar is main character, which I'm not feeling. No doubt the game is gonna be more fun than our past SF games, but I don't want bare bones for a story. The comic has been great though! 

We have to wait and see, but we don't know how the SF6 story is structured. SF5 and SF4 had unique story structures, so 6 might as well and it most likely unfold over time. In a week or so, most of this stuff will find its way online and we'll know for sure.

But I will say that we don't even have a cinematic trailer this time it seems. They would've released it by now. SF5 had two, and SF4 had so many specially made animated trailers - 2D and CGI. This isn't a good sign, unless they are saving it for Super SF6.

New winquotes from that guy who hates dialogue.

Cammy vs Ryu

Spoiler

IMG_1751.png

“Combat was simply part of the mission for me. But now, I’m beginning to see something else.”

Cammy vs Chun-Li

Spoiler

IMG_1752.png

“Thanks for your help on the Shadoloo case. I’m sure we’ll fight together again someday.”

Cammy Vs Guile

Spoiler

IMG_1753.png

“My mission is not yet over. I have neither the time nor inclination to slow my pace.”

Cammy Vs E. Honda

Spoiler

IMG_1754.png

“Was that some sort of sumo sidestep? I’m reminded of my own combat techniques.”

Cammy Vs Marisa

Spoiler

IMG_1757.png

“You strike with considerable force, but my tactical analysis gives me the advantage.”

Cammy Vs Manon

Spoiler

IMG_1758.png

“Your throws are impressive. I’m not quite convinced they’re suited to warfare, though.”

Cammy Vs Zangief

Spoiler

IMG_1761.png

“It doesn’t matter how strong you are if you can’t catch me.”

Cammy vs Jamie

Spoiler

IMG_1762.png

“Your movements are surprising, but we’ll within my ability to predict.”

Cammy Vs JP (Boss)

Spoiler

IMG_1763.png

“Time to talk! Shadoloo’s gone. So what the bloody hell are you plotting!?”

Zangief Vs Cammy

Spoiler

IMG_1760.png

“Go on, relax your shoulders! True power comes from stress-free muscles!”

Kimberly Vs Lili

Spoiler

IMG_1764.png

“Wind, huh…

Wonder if I could learn some wind jutsus.”

Ken Vs Cammy

Spoiler

IMG_1765.png

“Read into my situation however you like. I don’t need your help.”

Dee Jay Vs Kimberly

Spoiler

IMG_1766.png

“80s classics are bangin’, but don’tchu sleep on my new single, yeah?”

Ryu vs Cammy

Spoiler

IMG_1767.png

“Your movements are as precise as always. I can tell you’ve been practicing.”

Marisa Vs Lily

Spoiler

IMG_1768.png

“I was a little worried I’d end up trampling you, little flower, but you’re tougher than you look!”

Marisa Vs Ryu

Spoiler

IMG_1769.png

“Aah… Now THAT was a brawl! Wanna go one more round?”

E. Honda Vs Marisa

Spoiler

IMG_1772.png

“This pankration stuff is basically Roman sumo! Your pushes and knockdowns are fit for the ring!”

• Sonero changed the title to The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!
3 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Awesome trailer

WT is going to be SF6's A Shadow Fall, no doubt

Best part being, new DLC chars will move general story forward 1 new chapter each, unlike SFV that had story crippled at ASF ending

Some cool details

Cutscenes with Masters are awesome, Zangief one is priceless lmao

Seems for whatever reason Abigail's garage is being used by DamnD as place for the new gang... wonder how things are gone, can't see fucking DamnD steal by force something from Abi lol

Dude in chain salmost sure is Bosch, beside stripes i seen a modded version of him and the torso musculature (wich is NOT same as a created char) seems to match

Street Fighter 6 - Bosch Fundoshi Costume Mod by Remy2FANG on DeviantArt

My guess is after losing with Juri he got captured and experimented on with Psycho Power (see the purple on his scars)... maybe Juri is working for JP?

Wonder this will mean if we ever get him as playable he will be a PP user... my first guess was him falling under SnH influence, but seems we may fight him as victim of PP brainwashing

46 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

My guess is after losing with Juri he got captured and experimented on with Psycho Power (see the purple on his scars)... maybe Juri is working for JP?

Wonder this will mean if we ever get him as playable he will be a PP user... my first guess was him falling under SnH influence, but seems we may fight him as victim of PP brainwashing

How original... Is there anything else this brand NEW villain JP going to come up with? I'm dying to know if the weapons divison AI development company of Terra NP has other new gadgets like robots that monitor fighters.

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

How original... Is there anything else this brand NEW villain JP going to come up with?

Told you few days ago they can't leave comfort zone when it comes to villains lol

30 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'm dying to know if the weapons divison AI development company of Terra NP has other new gadgets like robots that monitor fighters.

Probably does it already with the flying drones

11 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Told you few days ago they can't leave comfort zone when it comes to villains lol

No they can't.

And that's not Bison's fault. He shouldn't suffer absence and oblivion because Capcom refuse to move the story forward and create new stories around ACTUALLY NEW villains and dramas.

SF6 was the perfect opportunity to introduce something brand new. They "killed" him, and left him out of year one. They introduced new plotlines after SF5AE that set up an ambitious new story arc.

The fact of the matter is, people who push for Bison's exclusion so they get "new villains" are absolutely deluded. A good writer can create a good story and characters with or without him in the game. 

Well look where we are now... Players like me have to endure these MAGGOTS without our characters, while the true face of evil  is sidelined from the very game he helped establish in pop culture so SF can "move on" from Shadaloo. Cammy really moved on in that Arcade ending. Watch everyone else "move on".

This is Capcom's "moving on" btw. Enjoy! I won't.

Edited by Daemos

I'm calling it now I bet any money that the way to make Chun Li go 😍 and be able to call her into the fight in WTM is to give her Crepes. 

spacer.png

Chun's favorite food is crepes but you probably won't be able to get them from Meteo City. You'll have to travel to France and possibly beat Manon. 

Only after you travel to France and get crepes as an item and then back track to Metro City and gift them to her is how you'll win Chun's ♥️

28 minutes ago, Daemos said:

No they can't.
And that's not Bison's fault. He shouldn't suffer absence and oblivion because Capcom refuse to move the story forward and create new stories around ACTUALLY NEW villains and dramas.

Yeah but it's still part of the overall disease Capcom have to stay close to cashcows and recycle shit they already did... Psycho Power, Satsui no Hado and all that shit

Literally nothing prevent them to invent new kinds of power, and yet here we are.

And Akuma coming in S1, easily going to steal "baddest man of the game" spotlight, so fanbase can return to good old recycle shit being the peak of everything lol

33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF6 was the perfect opportunity to introduce something brand new. They "killed" him, and left him out of year one. They introduced new plotlines after SF5AE that set up an ambitious new story arc.

Ambitious my ass tbh

Anything new in SFV on the evil side was not used or squeezed to make shine previous villains like Bison, Akuma or Gill

Necalli got crushed by both Bison and Akuma

G got crushed by Gill

FemSeth was totally useless, basically non existent (and anyway derivative of that SF4 failure Seth, crushed by Bison)

Not sure where ambition was

Even the possible deviation with G, in Rose's vision end up being still derivative to psycho power shit to some extent

And of course, when it comes to peak food chain whole point of SFV was "Akuma stronk"

Not sure what ambition you seen beyond G gimmicks, all i seen is Capcom sliding on usual safe rails

46 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The fact of the matter is, people who push for Bison's exclusion so they get "new villains" are absolutely deluded.

And yet the two chapters where we got new bosses that give the impression of being new bosses are SF3 and SF6 (even if of course JP is derivative), both without a former Boss there pushing Capcom to piss short

Wonder if Capcom will have the decency to avoid use JP to hype Akuma lol

Well there was also Seth but took just the jump from SF4 to SSF4 to see Capcom not being able to handle New Boss and Cashcow in same cast without fuckup

Btw i'm not necessary pushing "for Bison's exclusion"... if they could handle not put cashcows on a pedestal at expense of new characters, i would have no problem with Bison in vanilla day 1 cast (at least unlike Akuma it's not a derivative character)

59 minutes ago, Daemos said:

A good writer can create a good story and characters with or without him in the game.

A good writer

Capcom is feeding us with this kind of crap for a while

Btw again, i just said same thing few lines above

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Well look where we are now... Players like me have to endure these MAGGOTS without our characters, while the true face of evil  is sidelined from the very game he helped establish in pop culture so SF can "move on" from Shadaloo. Cammy really moved on in that Arcade ending. Watch everyone else "move on".

This is Capcom's "moving on" btw. Enjoy! I won't.

You're underlining the problem tbh lol

Capcom have clearly hard time get off from the tits that made them money in the past, but at least Bison's absence is giving us something relatively new even if sadly VERY derivative

Like would have prefered JP to have a power totally unrelated from PP, or at least offer a different take just like Necalli was filled of murder intent but had nothing to do with Japan/shotos/SnH (till the day capcom had him destroyed by two different ansatsuken shotos of course)

For the former is too late, for the latter maybe not

Cammy indeed scream "Shadaloo!!1!"

But lucky JP reply "Shadaloo is no more"

Make sense for chars with a past linked to PP/Bison to do the parallel

IF, giant IF, Capcom will be able to at least build JP character completely different (and NOT inferior) from Bison, they may still have a chance to at least score half point

But tbh i expect something more pathetic like

S1 vs JP

Akuma "you suck, die"

S2 vs JP

Bison "ahahahah i'll show you true psycho powah ahahah"

S3 vs JP

Gill "Silly peasant, did'nt you seen red and blue in Nayshall stage? I was 9 moves ahead, now disappear"

And fanbase will love float in same good old swamp, without realize they're stuck there

9 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

I'm calling it now I bet any money that the way to make Chun Li go 😍 and be able to call her into the fight in WTM is to give her Crepes.

Chun's favorite food is crepes but you probably won't be able to get them from Meteo City. You'll have to travel to France and possibly beat Manon. 

Only after you travel to France and get crepes as an item and then back track to Metro City and gift them to her is how you'll win Chun's ♥️

Well, if i flight to France and beat an olympic judoka just to get her some crepes, i expect next scene to be

Street Fighter II: Animated Movie Chun-Li vs Vega, best game to movie scene  ever? | Page 3 | NeoGAF

BUT

I will play first run as V.Rosso, so if SF6 is well made and stick to canon power levels stuff will directly jump at shower scene, then she will flight to Italy, defeat Marisa and buy me a cappuccino just in time for breakfast ❤️

May consider another char for first run, start too OP may ruin the challenge 🤔

Okay, I think we have a more concrete answer for how much time passed since SF3. I was listening to the localization director Andrew Alfonso and he said Li Fen was around 3-4 years old during SF3 and by the time of SF6 she’s teenage. So seems that we’ve advanced 9-10 years. I like it!! Go to 41:22 for that bit.

Edited by ToreyBeans