Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

5 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

My biggest fear is them screwing the art style and trying to go for realism

Same. Crackpot theory time, but the SF community manager has been posting Udon style* SF pics with kinda pointless descriptions on Twitter for a few months now. He only started recently, and has kept it up for a long time. Maybe it's just because of the dearth of SF content available atm and he had to post something, (and wishful thinking) but he's enjoyed giving very vague hints in the past, then joking about it afterwards. 

*I think Udon style? I'm not really someone who knows this kinda stuff. 

Reboot is unlikely to happen, the new guys handling SF in Capcom is more into doing their whole new SF after Ono is finally out of their picture. 

Story connection would probably be the least important. A whole new thing is probably be delivered with just few SF legacy stuff going on.

I even think they would even introduce a whole new evil organization separate from the others along new characters that would center on Luke's journey some will be allies and rival. Kinda like Garou.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

With Luke being intro'd we're not getting a reboot of any kind.

I'd expect an SF6 that's a retake on SF3...and I don't mean storyline-wise. They're going to try to do a 'next generation' SF again like what MK did with MKX

Yes,but with reboot i don't mean a SF chapter used to replicate SF3, i mean that they will gradually reintroduce SF3ers and rewrite their events as they please, while Luke, G and others will bring completely new stuff 

After all we are already seen some changes, see Urien canon look, Kolin being now a fighter, Gill actions and behaviour, Sean getting a main cast sister etc

In this context with reboot i mean that for what concern SF3ers they will -hopefully- go through SF3 timeline events and change them as they please, all whild moving on with new stuff 

It's not like they're ignoring SF3ers existence to make them disappear, at least Gill and Alex are still portrayed as pretty relevant

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

After all we are already seen some changes, see Urien canon look, Kolin being now a fighter, Gill actions and behaviour, Sean getting a main cast sister etc

• Urien being bronze with white hair is just a retcon to make him stand out more and not be another blonde white guy. Hardly ruins the series' narrative.
  • It's not that hard to believe SF3 Kolin can fight really.
  • Don't see how Gill's actions are any different than in SF3 other than him interacting with the wider world of SF which was a given when they decided to bring him back.
  • Sean having a sister has been a thing since New Generation fact files. 

Not going to really bother going into the rest of your post, but just like every other attempt I've seen to justify why SF3 should be retconned/rewritten I still so no reason why it should actually happen other than just a personal 'I want it to' thing. None of the 'changes' you listed affect the lore of the series in any meaningful way and is a drop in the ocean compared to the other things they've directly tied SF5 and SF3 together with. 

Edited by Scotia

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Lmao at shinkiro heavy roiding up Kyo to don't have him completely embarassed next to Ryu 🤣

Shinkiro's not the artist. Also Ryu's a manlet so he'll look embarrassing next to Kyo, Iori, K', Shun'ei and Terry. If he had a beard he'd look less of a wimp next to them.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Sean getting a main cast sister etc

spacer.png

Sean's family was introduced in this book. Laura didn't have a name at the time. There's a few things in SFV that came from this book, one example being Ibuki's sporty costume. 

Edited by BootyWarrior

Why Ryu can't move pass Satsu no Hado? 

UMVC3 already got Hado Kakusei which is better

Satsu no Hado should never be Ryu's best form, he already had overcome and surpass it's strength and power

Capcom should stop lingering Ryu to always internal conflict, his too old and it had been too long for that. 

YHq9HX0.png

1 hour ago, Scotia said:
  • Urien being bronze with white hair is just a retcon to make him stand out more and not be another blonde white guy. Hardly ruins the series' narrative.
  • It's not that hard to believe SF3 Kolin can fight really.
  • Don't see how Gill's actions are any different than in SF3 other than him interacting with the wider world of SF which was a given when they decided to bring him back.
  • Sean having a sister has been a thing since New Generation fact files. 

Not going to really bother going into the rest of your post, but just like every other attempt I've seen to justify why SF3 should be retconned/rewritten I still so no reason why it should actually happen other than just a personal 'I want it to' thing. None of the 'changes' you listed affect the lore of the series in any meaningful way and is a drop in the ocean compared to the other things they've directly tied SF5 and SF3 together with. 

And i don't disagree with any of these, you misunderstood my position lol

Did'nt said they were going to revolution everything or erase SF3 story as we know it, would make not much sense either 

I'm saying considering how much time passed since SF3 release i doubt they will just ignore SF3 events and jump over them, i find more realistic at some point they will just go through these events (changing/adding bit of stuff here and there as they already did) while telling new stuff 

Because on one side developers seem more willing to tell their own new shit opening new paths, but on other hand at some point SF3 arc is going to get reached and i doubt they will just skip it

42 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Why Ryu can't move pass Satsu no Hado? 

UMVC3 already got Hado Kakusei which is better

Satsu no Hado should never be Ryu's best form, he already had overcome and surpass it's strength and power

Capcom should stop lingering Ryu to always internal conflict, his too old and it had been too long for that. 

Because it's a crossover between KOF All Star and Street Fighter V. They copy and pasted Ryu and Chun-Li's bios for SFV.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:18 AM, sKreetFighteZ said:

I apologize for interrupting the conversation going on. As @Lord_Vegaplans on releasing new information about the Street Fighter V Guide, i decided to compile all the information i translated on here for the characters I’ve done so far. 

Ryu:

A martial artist who continues his training in search of true strength. He’s truly sincere in manner and personality, and travels the world seeking to fight against stronger opponents than himself. He continues to fight against the “Surge of Murderous Intent”; another entity that has been born within himself and devotes himself daily to control it’s power.

Chun-Li:

An investigator of the ICPO who fights with magnificent kicking techniques. She became a detective at the age of 18 to search for her father who mysteriously disappeared, however knowing Shadaloo’s involvement with his disappearance, she swore to destroy Shadaloo. She cares for her friends and cares for Cammy, who is worried about the Dolls. She rescues a little girl who was kidnapped by Shadaloo.

3 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu's a manlet so he'll look embarrassing next to Kyo, Iori, K', Shun'ei and Terry. If he had a beard he'd look less of a wimp next to them.

Now that you mention it not only he roided up Kyo, but Ryu is definitely standing on a brick too lmao

Idk angthing about that Shun'ei crap, but Ryu is i think 6-7 cm shorter than Kyo/Iori/Terry indeed

1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

Chun-Li:

An investigator of the ICPO who fights with magnificent kicking techniques. She became a detective at the age of 18 to search for her father who mysteriously disappeared, however knowing Shadaloo’s involvement with his disappearance, she swore to destroy Shadaloo. She cares for her friends and cares for Cammy, who is worried about the Dolls. She rescues a little girl who was kidnapped by Shadaloo.

So is her father now “missing” or is he still considered “dead”?
Also, isn’t it canon confirmed M. Bison was her father’s murderer? Or you just wanna throw away 30 years of her story by removing her one motivation to fight against Shadaloo?

Why they gotta make her backstory so vauge? 

The SF Collab is enough to get me to download the game. (And possibly hint a SF Duel English release soon as well). Good art design. But I feel every entry, they gotta throw more dirt on her backstory. 

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Now that you mention it not only he roided up Kyo, but Ryu is definitely standing on a brick too lmao

Idk angthing about that Shun'ei crap, but Ryu is i think 6-7 cm shorter than Kyo/Iori/Terry indeed

Depends on the game. Up until SFV. Ryu was at least 178cm (5'10). He's 175cm in SFV but I wouldn't call him a manlet because he weighs more than Kyo, Iori, and even Terry.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Depends on the game. Up until SFV. Ryu was at least 178cm (5'10). He's 175cm in SFV but I wouldn't call him a manlet because he weighs more than Kyo, Iori, and even Terry.

Apparently he was 5cm taller in SF1 then lost height

5'11" (180 cm) (SFI)[9]
5'9" (175 cm)

Also lost 8kg after SF1, then got 17kg boost after SF4 lol

168 lbs (76 kg) (SFI)[9]
150 lbs (68 kg) (SFII, SFA, SFIV)[1][2][3]
187 lbs (85 kg) (SFV)

As said few pages ago Capcom making these stats is one of the few things i wish i could fix of SF canon lol (

SF team dropping canon numbers

rolling-nonrandom.gif

But yes, if we stick to SFV (wich tbh have most realistic stats) Ryu is built ike a fucking tank next to KoF jpop crowd

Respect to Terry though, miss good old FF/AoF SNK style

5 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu was 180cm in SF1 then they changed it to 175cm. 

I think he was always listed as "missing". Didn't Chun-Li join Interpol to find her fathers whereabouts? 

Typically, the belief is that Death is Suspect when there is no body. Why do you think rumors of Q possibly being Chun-Li's dad exists?

M. Bison pretty much confirmed it in Street Fighter Alpha 1. In the retconned Alpha 2 game, Bison tells Chun-Li "I'll hope you'll amuse me then. More than your father did". Which makes Chun-Li (and the player) infer that Bison was his murderer.

SF2 has Chun-Li praying at his grave, so either he is confirmed dead, or they gave up searching and declared him dead (like Charlie Nash).

Finally, in SFV, Chun-Li's Character Story, after beating Vega a 2nd time, Vega retreats but not before saying "Indeed I can tell you about your father. Also, how he met his end." Which again either confirms or infers that he really is dead.

They killed him off in the SF2 Animated movie as well. 

I don't know why they just go and say "missing" when the M. Bison and the guys working for him straight up confirm that he's dead.

29 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

rumors of Q possibly being Chun-Li's dad

*takes psychic damage from theory* ooooh, how I HATE that idea oof.

Onto the main  issue, yeah, I really am not sure what's up with messing with whether or not he's dead. It would be a waste to suddenly reveal he's alive or something. In SF4 I like how Chun Li made peace with her father's fate and reflected on how she once focused on living to avenge him as a cop, but she settled into fighting for others as well as her self. With Shadaloo also having it's last hurrah in V, it wouldn't make sense to keep holding out her father's fate for a later plot when if Bison had a trump card, he'd have used it already.  It just seems more sensible that Bison killed him after getting what he needed from him (either his suffering or if he sourced info from torturing him) then he'd dispose of him.

7 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

So is her father now “missing” or is he still considered “dead”?
Also, isn’t it canon confirmed M. Bison was her father’s murderer? Or you just wanna throw away 30 years of her story by removing her one motivation to fight against Shadaloo?

Why they gotta make her backstory so vauge? 

The SF Collab is enough to get me to download the game. (And possibly hint a SF Duel English release soon as well). Good art design. But I feel every entry, they gotta throw more dirt on her backstory. 

Well back then it was said that Dorai was dead but now they revised it and said that he just disappeared while investigating Shadaloo, and Chun-Li became a detective in order to search for them since they never found his body. Kinda like the whole Guile-Nash thing.

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Oh lord not another blonde man....

Well, you can check it yourself 😄

It's just few pixels, but in multiple animations you can see they gave him bit of yellow hair sneaking out of back/bottom of the mask going down

"blocking high" (click on the word will make it appear) animation show it easy to spot, but you can see it as recurring thing in plenty of other animations

https://www.justnopoint.com/zweifuss/q/q.htm

Edited by CESTUS III

Well, you can check it yourself 😄

It's just few pixels, but in multiple animations you can see they gave him bit of yellow hair sneaking out of back/bottom of the mask going down

"blocking high" (click on the word will make it appear) animation show it easy to spot, but you can see it as recurring thing in plenty of other animations

https://www.justnopoint.com/zweifuss/q/q.htm

that may be his skin, im not entirely sure but i found the whole "blonde fighter v" meme is actually quite funny 😭, but i do see some yellow so yeah. even i wouldn't have known a small detail like that. 

18 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

that may be his skin, im not entirely sure but i found the whole "blonde fighter v" meme is actually quite funny 😭, but i do see some yellow so yeah. even i wouldn't have known a small detail like that. 

nah definitely intentional, different color from skin parts and used multiple animations in that specific  point of the neck

In the electricity shocked one it's even possible see it go crazy in classic comical electroshock way

q.jpg

Somewhere else, fun thing despite being obviously NOT canon stuff (it's a joke group pic where they pretend SF3 cast it's fake like some sort of movie cast with costumes and wigs), they thought to use a blond man for "unmasked Q", so guess it's bit more confirmation they was aware of that hair detail lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/A8YhXJ8

Its better that Q will be leave as a mystery not Chun's father or even G.

G is a interesting character of his own despite having similarities with Q both operates in the polar opposite

I'm fine if they would reveal Chun father in a hospital recovering but not someone that can fight anymore or a possible playable character in the future.

What do you think? @Chun-Li_Forever 

8 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

it wouldn't make sense to keep holding out her father's fate for a later plot when if Bison had a trump card, he'd have used it already. 

True, It's too long for Bison to hold that much on Chun's father as something of a trump card against Chun. Kinda late to pull a Saisyu on Chun li, Chun wasn't in that position of a threat to him, Bison doesn't need his father to convince her or to shake her will to stop her.

Edited by Shakunetsu
19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

nah definitely intentional, different color from skin parts and used multiple animations in that specific  point of the neck

In the electricity shocked one it's even possible see it go crazy in classic comical electroshock way

q.jpg

Somewhere else, fun thing despite being obviously NOT canon stuff (it's a joke group pic where they pretend SF3 cast it's fake like some sort of movie cast with costumes and wigs), they thought to use a blond man for "unmasked Q", so guess it's bit more confirmation they was aware of that hair detail lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/A8YhXJ8

Welp, that checks off another blondie. So this does confirm that Q isn't Dorai. Literally Chun-Li would start crying if she dedicated half her life fo find out her dad became this monstrosity, and so would i. 

14 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Its better that Q will be leave as a mystery not Chun's father or even G.

G is a interesting character of his own despite having similarities with Q both operates in the polar opposite

I'm fine if they would reveal Chun father in a hospital recovering but not someone that can fight anymore or a possible playable character in the future.

What do you think? @Chun-Li_Forever 

Agreed that Q should be better left a mystery, and if he does appear again, he only would raise more questions while answering little-to-nothing. (I do see G and & similarities, so it's hard to assume that they both aren't related in some way, unless Q was downloaded from G)

Personally, I'm okay with Chun-li's father being dead and gone. She's already closed that chapter on her life. No need  to reopen it again, unless it would give her character some more depth. But I honestly don't see any potential character growth or development with her father coming back and her chasing ghosts when she already has kids to take care of and protect.

51 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Personally, I'm okay with Chun-li's father being dead and gone. She's already closed that chapter on her life. No need  to reopen it again, unless it would give her character some more depth. But I honestly don't see any potential character growth or development with her father coming back and her chasing ghosts when she already has kids to take care of and protect.

Tbh i just hope he stay dead regardless what potential he can have for her, SF already have too soft relationship with death

Want villains to be a credible threat, and SF already been weak many times at that tbh

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

It's been retconned, since his arcade end art shows him and Gill as kids and Urien has brown skin.

yeah. i didn't actually realized they retconned urien's appearance i assumed that they bothed shared the same skin color and hair color but i think the tan color is somewhat nice. 

now it is

yeah. urien's arcade ending shows that. i was concerned about their skin colours. 

2 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

yeah. i didn't actually realized they retconned urien's appearance i assumed that they bothed shared the same skin color and hair color but i think the tan color is somewhat nice. 

yeah. urien's arcade ending shows that. i was concerned about their skin colours. 

Considering they're greek (or anyway somewhere in mediterranean area) the tan as original skin colour could have been good base for both brothers

But apparently -at least in the picture we got- Gill used to be much more pale... but tbh it can work given they dropped also a book on his hand

Taji 🕹️🤬 on Twitter: "Young Urien and Young Gill.  https://t.co/ptLrmJ9ch4" / Twitter

may be nice way to show probably Urien was much more active kid passing lot time outside under the sun, while Gill was more a scholar type of kid

I can buy it, after all as italian in winter i'm just as pale as Gill in this pic and in summer i'm darker than Urien color there... mediterranean skin is just like that lol

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Considering they're greek (or anyway somewhere in mediterranean area) the tan as original skin colour could have been good base for both brothers

But apparently -at least in the picture we got- Gill used to be much more pale... but tbh it can work given they dropped also a book on his hand

Taji 🕹️🤬 on Twitter: "Young Urien and Young Gill.  https://t.co/ptLrmJ9ch4" / Twitter

may be nice way to show probably Urien was much more active kid passing lot time outside under the sun, while Gill was more a scholar type of kid

I can buy it, after all as italian in winter i'm just as pale as Gill in this pic and in summer i'm darker than Urien color there... mediterranean skin is just like that lol

this reminds me that i thought they had different parents bc gill was blue and red and urien was tan and now i realized that they both were pale with light-colored hair.....😭