Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

12 hours ago, bakfromon said:

They’re going for a more realistic approach for the designs overall which could take away the highly exaggerated expressions  looks and movements we were used to in 4&5 like bulging eyes and muscles during characters supers. The bigger cartoonish hands and feet that SF models are used to having from the previous games may be gone as well in 6 due to the photorealistic changes. This may be the reason why they felt this version of the game might be harder to play due to the fact the lack of animated proportions changes the dynamic of judging hit boxes and spacing. 

I think people seeing a reach for realism in the trailer are jumping the gun, especially with Ryu looking wider than a wardrobe and exaggerate limbs still being everywhere. All I'm seeing is roughly the same style as IV and V but with more graphical details.

I think we'll have to wait for actual gameplay to get a clear idea of what style they're going for. Trailers like this can be completely not representative of how the game will actually look like.

50 minutes ago, Sonero said:

After all is said and done, feels like they did Gill and Urien dirty with SF5 story wise. Since SF5 takes place right before and then concurrent to it, they were both sort of made irrelevant as villains.

Tbh they can continue from after SF3

Only thing i hope with story they at least clear up Gill losing to Alex because left like that it was sketchy af story lol

By Oro quotes Gill and Ryu were the ones truly standing out as potential, let's say for a moment they're more or less equal

When Alex face Ryu in SF3 could not land a finger on him, end up ass to the ground completely whooped

Yet at that point Alex already defeated Gill apparently

We know Gill have history of troll people and lose on purpose (fun fact even a SFV quote hint at that)

After the fight Gill found something "special" about Alex, wich may mean he was testing him rather than all out fighting him, but no canon thing at the moment suggest it

I know lot people love Alex and would prefer leave it like that,so he at least accomplished something befor SF6 left him behind, but still with elements we have that story does'nt hold up much

On positive side all that may mean that Alex and Gill story is'nt over yet

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, Daemos said:

As awesome as G is, he's a fucking wacko youtuber. Is this really the main villain? He doesn't give off these vibes, at least not in his current presentation which admittedly is likely a facade to dupe and deceive people.

That's the point. He's obfuscating stupidity, feigning being chummy & charming. With all the little details here & there that I've obsessed over, his whole thing is to lure people in like a cult leader. He beat Rashid & shook his hand in friendship, got incredible amounts of media coverage & possible fans, beat Menat & more people paid attention. His arcade ending shows him wandering the earth and winning people over & his stage shows he's already got employees who wear his version of Q's mask rather than the SF3 version.

He's likely going to cause a new type of problem rather than Bison's announce to the world everything is in peril. I can see him getting people over to his side (the public, friends, and allies of the cast) and subtly pitting folks against each other until he strikes with his full plan and we see the machinations explode in front of the world and shake people up.

Nakayama has been talking about how there's a connection between G, Q, and the G project. Even though the Illuminati doesn't know what he is yet, there's no reason to discount that he knows them. Gill has no idea who G is or Q, but G strangely called Gill (depending on the timeline, in his 30s) the ancient earthling.

If development is more streamlined than SFV & there's no hurdles to the story, then it'll be made more clear. 

16 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

That's the point. He's obfuscating stupidity, feigning being chummy & charming. With all the little details here & there that I've obsessed over, his whole thing is to lure people in like a cult leader. He beat Rashid & shook his hand in friendship, got incredible amounts of media coverage & possible fans, beat Menat & more people paid attention. His arcade ending shows him wandering the earth and winning people over & his stage shows he's already got employees who wear his version of Q's mask rather than the SF3 version.

It's like characters like G, Karin and Ken would be the Kaiba type of cameo in the later Yugioh Anime, like in GX and 5Ds

Because of their larger than life personalities, influence and lifestyle. Like the Robert Garcia foundation in Capcom Vs SNK games.

Or how Tommy and the other orginal Power Ranger do guesting in other Ranger Shows.

They are not active characters to push the story. Yet still remain playable and still part of the world progression of the new storyline

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I hope the aftermath of 3S gets retconned to Alex losing like the cuck he is.

@Doctrine_Dark had a good fan theory regarding that Gill played along to Alex because he wants to use him.

And I'm adding to that that the whole SF3 tournament was staged and planned to make Alex reach the top, 

That Gill already knew Oro and Ryu wouldn't match on Alex.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

I hope the aftermath of 3S gets retconned to Alex losing like the cuck he is.

🙏

That would be too big change and lot would cry, but perfectly in line with story would be that simply Gill trolled Alex for whatever reason in same way he trolled Urien (pretending to lose in SF3, "giving up" President position) when he could have just defeated him -apparently easily- as shown in SFV

The hilarious thing of Gill is that pride wise does'nt even seem to care fake lose to weaker people

To Zangief "If it's a tempered body you seek, you should play with your opponent."  😄

47 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Wait, in terms of power levels Alex is over Ryu and Oro?

Nah, more reasons to dunk on Alex's wack ass. I can't accept that.

Back to SF3 days Oro was waaay stronger than Ryu, and Ryu himself way waaay stronger than Alex

We don't know much about how Ryu-Oro gone, but was surely very one side in favor of the latter as Oro thinks that while Ryu is exceptional talent, he will need 15 years of training 😄

For perspective Oro was more or less powerful as Akuma

Of Ryu-Alex we know more, as Alex himself admitted he could not do shit to Ryu

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sf3-3alex-1.png

For what's worth at some point after SFV Alex defeated on 2nd round a washed up Rog

http://www.noe-v.com/images/articles/rf39.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III

I'm just done with Shadaloo for a good while. I know why Capcom essentially rolled out a SF2 redux with shitty gameplay for SF4, but that does nothing to make me any less tired of the antagonist. They can say Seth was the boss all they want. Bison was the boss of SF4. Seth got clowned by every damn body. SFII, SFA, SFIV the crap ton of games for one boss character.

They've turned Bison from an imposing and impressive antagonist to a bad cross between Dr.Wily and Captain Ginyu. Carting out the same antagonist and having him fail repeatedly is not a good thing. If you aren't going to give him a W. Let him breathe for bit and then comeback later. I want the guy from the Street Fighter II Animated Movie. A dude that had to handicap himself and still handed Ken and Ryu their asses. They barely got the win and then he comes back, in an 18 wheeler, to run Ryu down. That's badass. Not this psycho drive having, body swapping, black moon using charlatan. 

This is peak Bison.

Guile: Bison, I'm gonna rip your lousy heart out you filthy bastard!

Bison: Hehehe afraid I don't have one.

Bison: Hello captain, are you ready to give me that heart transplant you mentioned?

Guile: Ready and waiting!

Bison: What's wrong Guile? Thinking about your friend I killed? Try harder!

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

Nakayama has been talking about how there's a connection between G, Q, and the G project. Even though the Illuminati doesn't know what he is yet, there's no reason to discount that he knows them. Gill has no idea who G is or Q, but G strangely called Gill (depending on the timeline, in his 30s) the ancient earthling.

About the "ancient earthling" thing, may be related to this

"Upon their deaths, the brain of the previous leader is removed and then preserved for future guidance. It is unknown how many previous leaders have been preserved in such a way, but it has been stated that such practice has existed for 2000 years since. "

Maybe the current Emperor (or President, if there's not an Emperor) can someway connect with the knowledge of his predecessors

My Chun-Li SF6 Predictions  - (Copy/Paste from Reddit)

(LONG POST - TLDR Version below)

Goes without saying that these are just purely speculations and predictions just from watching the SF6 reveal. With the exception of the logo, I'm really excited for this new look of Street Fighter. And though the reveal only gave us 30 seconds of character footage, that's been plenty to get the FGC speculating.

Since the devs confirmed that Chun-Li (and Ryu) will most assuredly be in every SF game for as long as the franchise continues, I wanted to share my thoughts, predictions (and hopes) of what I think Chun-Li in SF6 would look like. And being a resident Chun-Li main and stan, forgive me if I go a little overboard, overanalytical, or over-geek/dork/nerd about this. 🤓🤓

That said, let's have some fun.

I've divided it up into four categories:

Appearance: What Chun-Li will look like? Will she continue the same iconic look, or will she get a redesign?

Personality: Any notable traits in Chun-Li that we'll see come out in her character or we'll see in a potential arcade mode ending or story mode?

Story: If SF6 does take place in the future, post-SFV or even Post-SFIII, will Chun-Li be involved in any of the main conflicts, or will she be regulated to just being a side character?

Gameplay: How will Chun-Li play? Will she feel similar to the iterations before her? What changes to expect to make her feel fresh?

----------

APPEARANCE (Face & Costumes)

I'm am SUPER excited to see what Chun-Li will look like in RE Engine graphics. If the teaser made Ryu look this wide, just imagine how thicc they're gonna make Chun-Li's thighs.

I did a quick google search about RE Engine Graphics Chun-Li and this was one of the first images that came up. (Source - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LnKYP)

I do think Chun-Li has a very distinctive look, so I don't think Capcom is going to remodel or redo Chun-Li's face much, if at all. If MVCI has taught them anything, you don't mess with Chun-Li's face.

Everyone looks a little older, so it would be safe to assume that they might age up Chun-Li as well. Ryu in the SF6 looks more experienced and gives off a sharp but serious stare. I think to keep with Chun's personality, they'll approach the same but more softer facial expression. First thing that comes to mind is Tifa Lockhart from the recent Final Fantasy games. I feel Capcom will give Chun a similar look to make sure their poster girl gets her special treatment.

Also I think Chun-Li's new default look would have her wearing her hair down. Chun-Li has adorned silk baos (brocades and ribbons) to cover her Oxhorn hairstlye as a tribute for her father. With SF6 looking to be post-SFV/III, and with Shadaloo destroyed in SFV Story mode, I feel that Chun-Li can let that chapter of her life close, and finally let go of avenging her father. And one way to do so is to finally let her hair down. (Just like in her SFII ending)

From the looks of the trailer, Luke and Ryu got a redesign that felt fresh but familiar. Luke wears a shirt with the wings and star tattoos now branded into patterns on his shirt, while wearing the hooded vest in his Story costume. And for Ryu, if this is his new default look, then Capcom has made a bold decision in changing Ryu's look after many many years. I don't know if there is a story behind Ryu's new look. But it's definitely worth speculating.

Going back to Chun-Li, if SF's poster boy and the "future of SF" got a fresh look, then it's safe to assume that Chun-Li might get a fresh look as well (possibly the entire cast too). It would also be a bold choice since Chun-Li's qipao design is one of the most iconic looks in fighting games. (It did set the standard as well). But I see three potential "Default" looks for Chun-Li

• SFV Battle Costume: Since Ryu's new base look looks like his battle costume, it would be safe to assume that Chun-Li will also follow suit. Maybe this cover image of SFV is what we can expect for SF6. I think if there is going to be a small change to her battle costume, her base color might be blue with gold accents, to honor her default color scheme. So most likely the 05 Color of her battle costume is something I could see as her base look, if not her black and gold 01 Color.
  • A "Sifu" Alpha look: Mostly inspired from the game "Sifu". But this look could easily be redesigned to look like her Alpha costume. In Chun's arcade ending of SFIII, she ends up teaching little kids. So I think it would be cool if Chun-Li followed in the footsteps of her masters (Gen and her father) and became a Sifu herself. Plus the alpha look of this redesign will make her feel familiar, but the Sifu look would advance her character forward and see her as a master after so many years.
  • Default Chun-Li: The old saying goes "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." Maybe Capcom could choose to play it safe for Chun-Li and give her safe default outfit she's been rocking for 30+ years. I bet it would still look amazing in RE Graphics though. Plus it would be a cool to see the textures, fabric, and design of her classic qipao up close.

Of course with Capcom, we can expect multiple costumes for purchase. I do expect Chun-Li to once again have the most costumes out of all of the fighters. Chun-Li has a total of 20 costumes in SFV, not including easter egg or promotional differences. I think Chun-Li will have around the same (more or less). Though we can only speculate the costumes SF characters will get, here are what I feel what we'll see for Chun-Li's wardrobe options (base costume withstanding)

1. Default (SFV)
  2. Alpha (SFV)
  3. Battle (SFV)
  4. Training (SFV)
  5. Sport - (Gymnatics, Biker, Gym Clothes - Edwin Huang)
  6. CPT
  7. Christmas/Holiday
  8. Professional (Interpol Director)
  9. SF Animated Movie Nightgown
  10. Chun-Li SF2 Ending
  11. Swimsuit 1
  12. Swimsuit 2
  13. Crossover Costume
  14. Charity Costume (Like the BCRF costume)
  15. Universal E-Sports themed costume for every character (much like the Track Suit costumes)
  16. Animal Theme (Dragon or Phoenix)
  17. Casual
  18. Spring Themed Casual (Chun-Li's name translates to Spring Beauty)
  19. Super Hero/Power Rangers

PERSONALITY

Whew, I said a lot for Chun-Li's potential appearance. But Chun-Li's personality is a little more straight forward and simple.

Chun-Li would most likely keep her same personality: brave, dedicated, strong sense of justice, caring, resourceful, and disciplined.

I know in SF Alpha and story mode in SFV has made her more emotional, and hotheaded, quick to rush into battle. I want to believe that Chun-Li might be more cool and collected in this iteration of SF. If Shadaloo is gone, Chun-Li can probably relax and let things go, and thus have a more calm and zen demeanor both in fights as well as outside of them

One thing that I would love to return would be Chun-Li's cheerful and fun side, something that we didn't get to see at all in SFV. One of the more endearing sides of Chun-Li is when she jumps for joy and giving her famous "YATTA" after beating her opponent. I'm hoping that in this iteration of SF, we'll see Chun-Li let loose a little more. Now that Shadaloo has been extinguished (for now at least), and with Chun-Li teaching kids, she would probably be more open, cheerful, and fun. And that can translate into her win poses or her post-win quotes.

I do think Chun-Li will show that teacher side of her in her win quotes as well. Her SFV quotes do show her making an observation of their technique or fighting style. So I think we'll also see more of that reflected in her win quotes and personality as well.

Finally, I would love to see a side of Chun-Li we've never seen before. Either some vulnerability or insecurity.

Chun-Li swore to her father that she wouldn't cry again unitl M. Bison and Shadaloo have been defeated. Now With M. Bison gone and Shadaloo crumbled, I would love to see Chun-Li in a vulnerable state. Not sure how this can be accomplished, and definitely sounds like something that would have to be set up long-term like a solo player RPG game. But Chun-Li has been holding back from letting her true emotions show for a number of years. And I think it would be a good time to let some of that out just for some good cathartic relief.

And maybe that could tie into an insecure side we see in Chun-Li. With her adopting and raising Li-Fen at the end of SFV, we could see more of Chun-Li's motherly side in addition to being a teacher. And depending how much they're going to age the other characters, Li-Fen included, maybe Chun-Li will have to deal with a rebellious side of Li-Fen. Or maybe Chun-li wants to do her father proud and become a good mother to Li-Fen as her father was to her. But maybe that insecurity of being a first time mom and not knowing if she's doing it right could lead to some humor and levity.

STORY

I'm thinking Chun-Li's role in the story would be more of something more secondary or something not indicative to the main plot.

With Chun-Li's Shadaloo arc and her "Revenge against M. Bison" story completed, I don't think there is much reason for Chun-Li to take the center stage for the main story of SF6, assuming we'll get a story mode. Since Luke is being built up to be the main protagonist, it looks like they are going to give the spotlight on some of the younger generation of fighters: I'm talking about Luke, Sakura, Karin, and Sean. Hell maybe Mel Masters and Li-Fen if they get aged up to Sakura Alpha age.

Speaking of Luke, I do know that Luke and Chun-Li share similarities: Both lost their fathers to terrorist organizations, both were hotheaded and headstrong (Luke more so in SFV and Chun-Li in her Alpha Years), and both dedicate themselves to fighting evil. With all that, maybe Chun-Li can take more of a mentorship role for Luke, kind of like Sub-Zero was to Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat 10.

Maybe during like the final battle, when Luke and his team are getting overwhelmed, Guile comes in with some friends (Chun-Li included) to give them some backup while Luke faces the final boss.

I feel if Chun-Li were to have some kind of importance in the SF lore, there would have to be strong reason for Chun-Li to come back into fighting and leave teaching for a little bit.

Maybe Li-Fen either joins Luke's adventures and CHun-Li has to play mom and find her, or Li-Fen gets kidnapped (again) and Chun-Li has to rescue her, in which her path crosses with Luke and his team.

Maybe Neo-Shadaloo is a stronger rogue organization, and with Shadaloo being in the name, Chun-Li will have no choice but to investigate.

Or, Shadaloo is not dead, Bison returns, and Chun-Li is called to end their organization again.

Or if Chun-li is still not retired from interpol, maybe she'll be called on to investigate and take down the new big bad, plain and simple.

GAMEPLAY

I can't say much since we don't know what gameplay looks or feels like. Like with every new game, they'll want Chun-Li to feel familiar to those who've played her in the past while still giving her some new or returning moves to make her feel fresh again.

• I do see her playing more or less the same: a Charge Character, footies fighter who controls the space with her normals (St.HP, F.MP, and Cr.MK will be her staple pokes.)
  • Chun-Li will have the same special moves executed the same way, so QCF or Mash Lighting Legs, Kikokens and SBKs will operate the same with EX being her invincibility reversal.
  • I do believe Chun-Li's Up Kicks, Tenshokyaku will return to her moveset
  • Also would love for Chun-Li's moves to have some animations during the recovery frames as SFV ahs been doing with the more recent SFV characters

I'm predicting that SF6 will allow for more player expression and custom combos.

I'm think SF6 is gonna give each character their own unique "specialty" or something, kinda like how everyone has their own unique V-Skill. Maybe some players like to play Chun more grounded so maybe there's a specialty skill that works with that, like being able to cancel off of normals you wouldn't be able to for easy conversions. Or maybe some like Marvel air combos, so maybe a specialty move that amps her air combos or upkicks. Finally, maybe a character specialty move that emphasizes her Lighting Legs, making way for longer combos

I also believe Chun-Li as well as everyone in the cast is going to have 2 super moves, unlike having just 1 from SFV. I think Chun-Li's super move will include her Hoyokusen (Her SFV Critical Art), and a giant Kikosho (like MVC or as seen in the C. Viper OVA). Hoping that every character has at least one cinematic super moves.

Finally, I'm hoping for different Pre-Round animations or special animations with two specific characters like Ryu and Ken. Also for different win-poses for round wins and Victories.

----------

Thank you for taking the time to read, browse, or skim. Like I said, this is just pure speculation and just hopes and predictions of what I'm expecting of Chun-Li. I'm just really excited to see what Chun-Li and all the other characters will look like in the new graphics engine. And hoping they do my waifu right.

TLDR:

• Battle costume for her base look + Tifa-ish face
  • More cheery "YATTA" and teacher/motherly side to come out along with her staple personality
  • Chun-Li may take a backseat to SF6's story importance
  • Plays more or less the same, upkicks return, more customization/expression, more animations,
3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

My Chun-Li SF6 Predictions  - (Copy/Paste from Reddit)

(LONG POST - TLDR Version below)

Some good stuff dude. I do like the idea of her having some change from the closure of the Shadaloo arc, becoming more of a mentor and sunnier. In terms of looks, I'm not too sure what I'd want, though the Sifu inspired idea appeals to me quite a lot. In terms of passage of time, I don't really want a lot - maybe a year or two, but close to 10 wouldn't sit right for me.

Honestly I think the G discussion misses the point a bit.

A fully-powered G-unleashed IF he were to be the boss, absolutely could be. What people are missing is that a boss doesn't need to be bad/evil. G could simply HOST the tournament and be the boss for it. There'd be nothing wrong with that. In fact, story-telling-wise that gives you an opportunity to build up various rivalries and 'side' fights in the tournament being the culmination of arcs without "all roads lead to Bison" syndrome. G could, for instance, just be the boss for Luke but others could lead elsewhere for the end of their storymodes. That would be a good idea too because it might let us see how people lose/drop-out of the tournament so it would actually make the tournament flow MAKE SENSE. That was a huge boon to Mortal Kombat where, even though the tournament STRUCTURE made no sense, people were able to follow the flow of events of the tournament in MK9.

SF has lacked that FOREVER by refusing to reveal tournament details. This could be similar to KOF2003 where the Ikari team ends up fighting Adelheid but the Three Treasures team fight Mukai.

Hell, it could be a nice change of pace and help be a good step back from the insane, insipid stakes of SF5 which just came off as Saturday-morning cartoon stupidity.

The comparison with Garou was correct...it did more by doing less. It took a step back and returned to roots.

That said, give me Retsu!

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Honestly I think the G discussion misses the point a bit.

A fully-powered G-unleashed IF he were to be the boss, absolutely could be. What people are missing is that a boss doesn't need to be bad/evil. G could simply HOST the tournament and be the boss for it. There'd be nothing wrong with that.

Yes and no

I mean, we already had in SFV a bit of consideration by characters with great insight about power, and has been hinted that while he does'nt fit the traditional villain his dream would be a threat to human kind, "end of everything" according to Rose

"I don't know who you are, but you appear to be the manifestation of a natural disaster." (Oro to G)

What's not clear is if G is the wave or just somebody who's surfing it

Natural disasters are not inherently evil. It's possible G is malevolent but it's also possible what he is might trigger events. Either way, Capcom was stupid for not making more stuff about G explicit to try and draw people in instead of going "Ooooh soooo mysterious" well past the time when people had patience for their bullshit storytelling.

15 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Well a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. What I mean is, while G certainly has the potential in our combined headcanon to be this remarkable new villain once the veil has been lifted - there is no guarantee that Capcom won't fuck it up (See Necalli in general and Bison's final boss fight in SF5). Still I find the Alphabet Company to be more interesting potential villains than the Illuminati at this stage who are just Shadaloo wannabes with a religious twist.

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They've turned Bison from an imposing and impressive antagonist to a bad cross between Dr.Wily and Captain Ginyu.

I'm fine with this argument if you were to actually take a step back and realize they pretty much turned EVERY character into a parody of themselves, especially of the versions presented in SF2AM.

A new game and new era with new direction is the perfect opportunity to reset the tone and presentation of a character if there is a will and proper creative vision behind it (and good writers/VAs!).

"Waiting" is not going to change anything, we will know from the first few reveals what is the tone of game, and if it is closer to SF2AM or not in terms of the balance of grit and cartoon. So far, this looks more gritty so maybe everything else including the dialogue is darker and we can get lines like the one you just quoted.

You won't find disagreement from me about anything related to SF2AM btw. That movie is like the holy bible for SF fans. But I also would like to highlight SF2AM's final scene is a peak Bison moment - the truck. Because it actually captures the horror aspect of the villain, he always comes back. Even in the Live Action movie, Raul Julia's Bison is revealed to have survived at the end and planning his revenge. This eternal nature of his evil has been in the fabric of the character from the beginning, before Alpha and SF4. The method of his return from the dark, mysterious, to the more sci-fi and weird is up for grabs based on the tone of the tale. The same goes for his "plans".

While SF5 did have a more cartoony presentation, who's to say that that is not SF. Is the 60s Batman TV series with Adam West any less Batman than the Dark Knight or the 90s Cartoon series? Is Joaquin's Joker any less or more of a Joker than Ledger's? Hamill? Nicholson? (We won't talk about Leto). My point being is that they are all authentic.

My issue with SF5's ASF is just how anti-climactic it was after the way they hyped and individually released it, with Necalli being a dud, Ryu being MIA, Chun-Li being sidelined hard, and Bison coming off as a wizard sometimes rather than a cold blooded fighter who just sent half the world to limbo. There was plenty of opportunity for iconic fights and dialogue, more style and substance, they didn't even have to invent it, they could've cannibalized their own media and repackaged it for the mainstream - but alas it was what it was. A noble attempt that still fell short.

Taking it back to SF6, I've been trying to find the Daigo Ikeno sketches of Future Bison. I know there are two in existence but I only found one:

3c3055dd4fef137314d309d54120d68f.jpg

Gimme dat unrestraint will to power!!!!

Edited by Daemos
15 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I think they would be ending Akuma sooner in the game, or the guy would commit suicide but later on bring him back in the series because of the demands and $$$ just like Sakura.

If Ryu got the sandals as default, that probably means Akuma lost them - I predict Akuma in SF6 will be even more bestial and closer to Oni as the default. This will help show the progression of both characters down the path of their martial art visually. 

This also means that we are closer to the final battle between the two, as Ryu stated in Akuma's character story that they will meet at the end of their journey. Which could be this game or the next depending on the length of the timeskip. It will certainly give both characters something to do.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

This also means that we are closer to the final battle between the two, as Ryu stated in Akuma's character story that they will meet at the end of their journey. Which could be this game or the next depending on the length of the timeskip. It will certainly give both characters something to do.

that's why i'm expecting a suicide ending that would be revert back later, because $$$ character cannot die.

Edited by Shakunetsu
39 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Wouldn't Ryu vs Akuma overshadow anything else that's happening in the game?  Do we really want another SF where Ryu gets all the spotlight?

To be honest, I would prefer them doing separate ways already like Akuma is in nowhere still waiting for someone to find him and challenge him than him pushing himself to Ryu.

His better to be the one that is sought after than someone who chase someone.

While Ryu is doing training and traveling.

8 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Natural disasters are not inherently evil. It's possible G is malevolent but it's also possible what he is might trigger events. 

As said he does'nt fit traditional "evil" villain on psychological level, but on pratical level SFV told us whatever he support would be an absolute planet scale threat to human kind, and as such he will likely be handled as the classic villain-that-must-be-stopped  

G becoming just a tournament host and ignore the threat he represent would not fit what we have been told so far... unless he play host role in 6 and the threat thing is handled in future 

Btw i would absolutely support a different new character doing that host thing you say. 

Just some martial arts fanatic, rich af, undefeated dude that want make up a tournament inviting all the best fighters of the world (lot of wich new)  hoping to find a worthy rival able to give him his first L 

Boring like that, no world conquest shit needed... all you need is make him slighty bad guy so Luke can scream "terrorist!" at him and have excuse to punch him with hero cape on

Lets be clear, if you ask me i would LOVE the simple international martial arts tournament setting as it encourage more martial arts nation-rep characters, wich is what i ever loved and wanted for SF, while on other direction GI-Joe plot encourage GI-Joe bs characters 

Like, Ed or Falke (and Knife/Gorilla) were designed with that kind of Shadaloo GI-Joe plot in mind, designs functional to that shit 

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Wouldn't Ryu vs Akuma overshadow anything else that's happening in the game?  Do we really want another SF where Ryu gets all the spotlight?

As somebody who is Ryu fan but hates the whole Aluma bullshit, i wish we can close it as soon as possible 

We will ever trapped into "Akuma stronk the stronkest" bullshit till he's finally defeated by Ryu 

Same way Baki is crippled by Yujiro Hanma infesting that universe, no boss will ever be allowed to shine till we get rid off this fucking glorified sprite edit

As positive side Akuma does'nt carry much plot, so you can have a SF chapter where a bunch of heroes tackle on new Boss, while on the side Ryu finish his business with him on top of a volcano or some shit 

Only way to make Akuma somebody that carry a SF story on his own as enemy would be change his current lone beast path, wich can even be cool if handled correctly*

But Akuma and cool are not compatible, so i doubt lmao

*Akuma getting "followers"... NOT much as Ansatsuken disciples(fuck that), but fierce fighters with their own style/design/background that recognize Akuma's "alpha" status and embrace same kind of martial path... so you can have bunch of "good" fighters involved to stop them. from corrupting martial arts world or some shit

Only way i can imagine to have multiple different characters involved in anything Akuma-related

Edited by CESTUS III
Just now, Daemos said:

I think the most interesting thing that can happen to Akuma is to be defeated, physically and/or philosophically then to live with that knowledge. It could be a moment of growth

This is the best thing i ever heard from you for Akuma. That's the direction I always wanted him to or the direct were he would retire, but retirement for $$$ character is unlikely.

I don't really think Ryu will ever fight Akuma to death, that's why I see it more of a suicide.

yZz1uj9.png

If they want to keep Akuma around they need him to focus more on higher perspective and newer challenges, the problem is that's already Ryu. So retirement or being hermit like Oro is the better route.

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think the most interesting thing that can happen to Akuma is to be defeated, physically and/or philosophically then to live with that knowledge. It could be a moment of growth or something that will haunt him.

I also suspect they will confirm that he is the father in the future.

Yeah that's ever been what i thought will be the heaviest punishment Ryu will inflict him 

Not only will defeat him, but spare his life denying him that ultimate life or death battle he dream for, showing he threw away his soul/humanity for nothing

Being killed by Ryu would be still a moral victory for him, but be spared will cripple his soul forever 

Would even allow have him becoming much weaker as result, wich can still make SF world move beyond Akuma the stronkest bullshit without make him disappear (wich sadly will not happen) 

Agree on the predictable father thing, but would not dive in much as that ever lead to endless debate here lol 

Expect to happen =/= WANT to happen, but seem hard to explain lol

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

If they want to keep Akuma around they need him to focus more on higher perspective and newer challenges, the problem is that's already Ryu. So retirement or being hermit like Oro is the better route.

Think the problem with Akuma is that he doesn't have a story. Akuma has spent more time being an alternate route in Ryu's story than an actual character. He comes in, lusts after Ryu, gets bodied and goes away.

I think Akuma is an allegory for Capcom's latent homosexual attraction to Ryu. Because he doesn't do anything outside of that. He interacts with people but its similar to the MK vs SF movie comparisons: there isn't really a good baseline for what this character's deal actually is.

14 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think the most interesting thing that can happen to Akuma is to be defeated, physically and/or philosophically then to live with that knowledge. It could be a moment of growth or something that will haunt him.

I also suspect they will confirm that he is the father in the future.

I agree with the former but not the latter.

Akuma should get humbled by someone. Potentially even someone like Gill. And I don't mean 'a close fight', I mean something should happen where Akuma eats a big L because it will reframe a lot of his character in a useful way.

Meanwhile, he should not be Ryu's father. Ryu should be an orphan adopted and his dad is Gouken. Period. Akuma redoing Luke & Vader with Ryu is just weak

Edited by YagamiFire
25 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Ohhh yeah i think this perfectly explains that situation. 

Speaking of the Gief, I decided to finish translating those bios. 

Rashid:

Spoiler

ある組織に滅ぼされた高貴な家柄の長男 。困っている人を放っておけない性格で 、やる時はやるが 、  基本的 にはマイペースな現代っ子 。ガジェット等 、新しいものに目がない側面も 。 行方不明の友人を探すため 、教育係 兼 執事 の アザム と 二 人 旅 を し て いる 。つむじ風 を 利用 し て 機動 力 を 高め 、パルクール の よう な素早い身のこなしで相手を翻弄しながら闘う 。

The eldest son of a noble family that has been destroyed by an organization. He has a personality that doesn’t leave people in trouble, and is basically a self-paced modern child. He’s also extremely fond of new things such as gadgets. He travels with Azam, who’s both a teacher and a butler, in order to search for his missing friend. He fights while toying with his opponents by using quick movements of parkour and using whirlwinds to increase his mobility. 

Karin:

Spoiler

常に勝者であることを自らに課す誇り高い女性格闘家 。国内外の格闘技を統合した「 神月流格闘術 」を使いこなし 、強者との戦いが生きがいのウルトラお嬢様 。世界有数の財閥である神月家の当主で気品が高く 、欲しいものは実力で手に入れる主義 。彼女の片腕として 、スーパー執事「 柴崎 」が働いている 。

A very proud female fighter who always imposes herself as the victor. The ultra young lady has mastered the “Kanzuki style martial arts” that integrates foreign and domestic martial arts, who’s purpose in life is to fight against strong opponents.¹ She’s the head of the Kanzuki family, one of the world’s largest conglomerates and is very elegant, and adopts the principle of using her abilities to get what she wants. The super butler, “Shibasaki” acts as her right-hand man. 

¹This reminded me of Karin’s fighting style mentioned in the AASFZ3, so I decided to place it here below for reference, lol,

Karin’s Fighting Style (AASFZ3):

国内外 の 格闘技 (柔道 、サンボ 、八極拳ほか) を 統合 し た 、神月流格闘術 を 使いこなす 。相手 と の 距離 に 応じ た オール ラウンド な 格闘 スタイル は 、打撃 技 や 投げ 技 を 幅広く 含む 。体格 が 大 きい 者 と の 対決 を 想定 し て か 、受け流し て 反撃 する 技 も 修得 。つねに 勝者 で ある こと を みずか ら へ の 課題 と し 、プライド ある 闘い を 展開 する 。

Mastering the Kanzuki style martial arts by integrating foreign and domestic martial arts (judo, sambo and bajiquan), she has an all around fighting style that corresponds to the distance of her opponents and includes a vast range of striking techniques and throwing techniques. She’s also learned parrying techniques and counterattacks in the assumption that she may be confronted by a large opponent. She always challenges herself on being the victor and fights with pride. 

Zangief “The Gief”:

Spoiler

「 赤きサイクロン 」の異名を持つ巨漢のプロレスラー 。見た目は強面で恐ろしいが 、 おおらかで人当たりのよい性格 。後輩や新人育成に力を入れている 。正面から攻撃を受け止めることを美学としている (背中に傷が少ないのはそのため) 。筋肉こそ至高という独自の理論を持ち 、鍛え上げられた筋肉は年を重ねても進化を続けている 。

A giant professional wrestler who has been nicknamed “The Red Cyclone”. He looks aggressive and frightening, but has a friendly and calm personality and puts his effort into training juniors and newcomers. He has an aesthetic of reacting to attacks head-on (hence why he has a few scratches on his back). He has his unique philosophy that muscles are supreme and well trained muscles will continue to evolve over the years. 

Gief has one of the best smiley face expressions of all time, very adorable. Now all we have to do is petition for him to be inducted into WWE’s Hall Of Fame. 

Laura Matsuda:

Spoiler

自由奔放でスリルを楽しむ豪快な性格 。相手の懐に素早く踏み込み 、関節技を決める「 マツダ 流 柔術 」を独自にアレンジしたスタイルで戦う 。その魅力を世界に広めるべく 、 様々な格闘大会に乱入しては世間を騒がせている 。本来の目的を忘れるほど戦いに夢中なため 、弟のショーンがいる実家には滅多に帰ってこない 。

She has a lively and free-spirited personality who enjoys thrills. She has a fighting style with unique arrangement; “Matsuda style Jiu-Jitsu” that decides on quickly rushing into the opponent’s chest and grappling techniques. In order to spread it’s charm to the world, she causes trouble and invades various fighting tournaments around the world. She’s constantly absorbed in fights that she tends to forget her original purpose and rarely returns to her parent’s home where her younger brother Sean is². 

²I think this explains those missing persons reports Chun-Li was talking about in her win quote against her. 

Dhalsim:

Spoiler

インドの修行僧でヨーガの達人 。ヨーガの奇跡で腕や脚を自在に伸ばし 、火神アグニの力を借りて幻の炎を操る術を持つ 。厳しい修行により更に神格化が進んでおり 、「 人 を 導く 」人格者として 、 様々な人から頼られる存在 。無益な争いは好まない 。悪事を許せない性格で 、各地で混乱を招いているシャドルーを壊滅する手助け をするため 、神月家に協力している 。

An Indian monk who’s a master of Yoga. He’s able to freely stretch his limbs with the miracle of Yoga, and has the power to manipulate artificial flames with the help of the fire deity Agni. Due to his strict training, his deitification has been further progressing and is a person who “leads people” and his existence is relied upon by many. He doesn’t like unless conflicts and has a personality who doesn’t forgive wrongdoings, and is cooperating with the Kanzuki family in order to help destroy Shadaloo, who has caused confusion amongst various parts of the world. 

Sim has the best facial expressions of all time, he really looks super adorable. 

F.A.N.G:

Spoiler

実験や兵器開発などを行なっているシャドルー四天王の一人 。自称シャドルーのNO.2 ( 2はファンにとってラッキーナンバーで 、 何かと2にこだわる ) 。毒手を用いたトリッキーな動きで 、相手を翻弄して戦う 。元々は麻薬組織の幹部だった が 、組織がベガによって粛清され潰滅 。唯一の生き残りあるファンは 、ベガに忠誠を誓い 、一命をとりとめた 。

One of Shadaloo’s Four Heavenly Kings, who conducts experiments and weapons development. He’s Shadaloo’s self-proclaimed number 2 (2 is a lucky number for F.A.N.G, so he sticks with 2 one way or another). He fights by toying with his opponents by using tricky movements and poison. Formerly being an executive of a drug cartel, the cartel was soon purged and destroyed by Bison. Being the only surviving member, F.A.N.G saved his only life by pledging loyalty to Bison.

I think we can all agree that F.A.N.G is a crackhead. 

And finally for the greatest Street Fighter character of allllllll timeeeeeee is.....

Spoiler

Kodal Street Fighter 2:

コダル【ゾウ】■「 スト Ⅱ 」シリーズ

ダルシム が 、エンディング で 故郷 に 凱旋 する さい 乗っ て いる ゾウ の 名前 。ダルシム の 乗り物 で あり 親友 で も ある 。

Kodal【Elephant】■ “SF2” series 

The name of the elephant Dhalsim rides on during his triumphant return to his village in his ending. He’s Dhalsim’s close friend and form of transportation. 

Kodal is literally the best street fighter character ever hands down. There’s nothing better than getting tossed in the air by him. Best character ever. Literally. 

6 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Ryu should be an orphan adopted and his dad is Gouken. Period. Akuma redoing Luke & Vader with Ryu is just weak

I'm very okay with the whole "your parents are nothing special" angle. Not everyone needs to have a big predestiny thing, you can have a character who becomes a big deal themselves coming from nothing without it being tied to their lineage.

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Meanwhile, he should not be Ryu's father. Ryu should be an orphan adopted and his dad is Gouken. Period. Akuma redoing Luke & Vader with Ryu is just weak

Oh I agree. I'm not telling you what I want to happen (which is what you described). I'm saying this is probably what will happen because the foundations for it are kinda there and yes because it is weak.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Oh I agree. I'm not telling you what I want to happen (which is what you described). I'm saying this is probably what will happen because the foundations for it are kinda there and yes because it is weak.

This

Not saying that i WANT it to happen, just that i think will happen

18 hours ago, Sonero said:

Think the problem with Akuma is that he doesn't have a story.

I think the problem with Akuma is that Capcom thinks that this glorified sprite edit is their most badass villain, and they keep down cooler villains to suck his stronk japanese dick

They could have him "just" as a very dangerous old son of bitch, who's not the world's ultimate fighter able to fuck up everybody, but VERY dangerous to Ryu specifically because he knows all Ansatsuken tricks better than him and strikes ever to maim and kill

Think about somebody that know very well the offensive/defensive patterns, have moves to counter hado/shoryu/tatsu shit and ever try to put a finger on your eye or kick balls lol

But no, we had to have 1-punch-island-destroyer and while at it they find excuses to have him beat up other bosses to make clear you may think new villain is badass, but you're not allowed to think he's better than Stronk Japan Akuma

8 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Akuma should get humbled by someone. Potentially even someone like Gill. And I don't mean 'a close fight', I mean something should happen where Akuma eats a big L because it will reframe a lot of his character in a useful way.

Sadly i doubt it's going to happen, we're locked in a Yujiro Hanma bullshit

Closest would be the scissor-rock-paper story gimmick they did in SFEX with Garuda>Akuma>Bison>Garuda situation, but even there they made it more about a pokemon bad match up due nature of their energies rather than Akuma getting straight overwhelmed by a superior or at least more powerful fighter

Edited by CESTUS III

I agree with basically everything you wrote @CESTUS III

Akuma's dick-riding is detrimental to the series and its narrative. It's much more interesting to have Akuma be a bad match-up for Ryu in the way you described.

Like, I'm sorry, if I had my way I'd have Gill demolish Akuma in a fight and do so by pointing out how utterly imbalanced Akuma's spirit is, making it impossible for him to beat someone as perfectly centered as Gill...

...and I don't even like Gill that much...but Akuma just needs the L THAT badly

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Akuma's dick-riding is detrimental to the series and its narrative. It's much more interesting to have Akuma be a bad match-up for Ryu in the way you described.

Like, I'm sorry, if I had my way I'd have Gill demolish Akuma in a fight and do so by pointing out how utterly imbalanced Akuma's spirit is, making it impossible for him to beat someone as perfectly centered as Gill...

I was totally thrilled the moment Necalli beat Akuma and swallowed him whole in SF5. Not only was it the moment that Necalli became legitimate at last, but Akuma was finished!

Unfortunately, my excitement was shortlived. 

Edited by Daemos
36 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

The problem is that to make things interesting they could have worked of give ultimate villains different balance on how and why are dangerous

Like put more effort on show how straight physical abilities, martial art skill, raw ki firepower, ability to control that ki or have a particular/special power are all different elements and that a Final Boss does'nt need necessary to excel at all these, because in that away you can have an asymmetric dynamic instead just have shonen power level new bosses having to 1up the previous one or pay the price of not being considered credible threat

Hokuto no Ken somehow managed to do it and still build a shone style rise of opponents level

Think about it, stuff like Souther secret giving him edge over Raoh and many more examples the series offered... they definitely had "power levels", but an HnK Master facing another Master was never truly 100% predictable outcome, maybe some W were, but the price in blood was'nt

Like, if done right we should be left think that example in shit like Akuma vs Bison vs Gill vs Oro vs Gouken everybody should have a decent chance at kill one of the others if they can play right on their own strenghts and on opponents weakness

Each of these characters seems to be compatible with have areas were they excel over others, and weaker traits too

Would throw there even Necalli and Seth if they were written completely differently, and Gen if was'nt sick

Of course Capcom threw us a bone in the form of Akuma getting a draw with Oro and Gouken's technique (even if suspect current Akuma would murder Gouken), but as general rule let them write all these in some bizzarre what if Boss level Tourament and aside Oro (but still in a forced life or dead one, they would rather kill Oro) you will get

Akuma's fist too much stronk

Akuma's tryhard dark ki too much great

Akuma's technique too much technical

Akuma's power too powerful! (and stronk)

Only case where i truly appreciated straight Boss >Boss, were Bison>Sagat because it was hype see the previous King working as #2/bodyguard, and because we had to move on into a much greater scale world (something i still want)

Other was Bison>Seth just because fuck Seth... but that mean rare time we got a SF new boss, it sucked and was fake Boss

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I think the problem with Akuma is that Capcom thinks that this glorified sprite edit is their most badass villain, and they keep down cooler villains to suck his stronk japanese dick

They could have him "just" as a very dangerous old son of bitch, who's not the world's ultimate fighter able to fuck up everybody, but VERY dangerous to Ryu specifically because he knows all Ansatsuken tricks better than him and strikes ever to maim and kill

Think about somebody that know very well the offensive/defensive patterns, have moves to counter hado/shoryu/tatsu shit and ever try to put a finger on your eye or kick balls lol

But no, we had to have 1-punch-island-destroyer and while at it they find excuses to have him beat up other bosses to make clear you may think new villain is badass, but you're not allowed to think he's better than Stronk Japan Akuma

The problem with him is that they've retconned all his Ws. While it wasn't cleared up, he had killed Ryu's master. Then he didn't actually kill Gouken. then Gen survived the A3 encounter and ST Akuma reveal is apparently Cannon but irrelevant like...

Who has Akuma really beat? If the final SF5 confrontation was Akuma coming out, chopping Bison in the neck and dragging his body somewhere else, none of us would be talking about Akuma in a poor light.

Right now, in particular to story gang people, Akuma has had his big Ws retconed into irrelevance. Using wrestling as an analogy, they built him up properly by having him fuck up dangerous people. But in SF4 he went even with somebody not in the roster; in SF5 I don't even remember what he did. 

I don't know that he needs to lose per say. Because if you have him eat a whole L, then you are cashing in his mystic to make somebody else be more dangerous. He does need to pop somebody's head like a pez dispenser though. That and with the stuff you mentioned, he should win with not quite straight Ansatsuken too.

Akuma needs a really good W in story mode. Specially now that Ryu is essentially getting to be Akuma/Bison tier with the way he SF5 ended.