Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 2/28/2022 at 3:16 AM, CESTUS III said:

Of course Gill/Urien/SFVNash are cheaters too, they're artificial enhanced

Bison in ASF is next level cheating, he lose the fight but the machine charge him back to a position of advantage, that's worse than anything above because it change the result of the fight itself

Similar level of cheater bullshit is Gill using Resurrection when he lose

Elena healing does it in fair way, she's 100% natural, the technique is surely based on her own ki and she can only do it when she did'nt lost yet

Yes, Gill and Urien are artificially enhanched,  but isn't Gill's Ressurection part of Gill's "divine powers"?

It is clearly hinted that he is some form of deity, i.e. his 3rd Strike ending has him reference / emulate Biblical figures like Jesus and Moses.

2 hours ago, Diek Stiekem said:

Yes, Gill and Urien are artificially enhanched,  but isn't Gill's Ressurection part of Gill's "divine powers"?

It is clearly hinted that he is some form of deity, i.e. his 3rd Strike ending has him reference / emulate Biblical figures like Jesus and Moses.

Gill is an human, so far everything we know about Secret Society is that despite their religious beliefs and prophecies, all their "miracles" are result of ancient technology/techniques that allow them to do lot incredible things with ki and natural elements, all combined with thousands years of eugenics and modern DNA gimmicks

Gill's Secret Art (like Aegis is for Urien) and one of the Sixty-Six Secret Arts, wich are bunch of "super moves" they invented

I agree that Resurrection is likely to some extent "merit" of Gill, but guessed would have opened further debate (with lack of confirmed info to solve it), since is possible Gill is able to handle it only because he's enhanced (specially now that we know forehead gem have ki-related function)

But yeah, thought there's the chance that Gill does it with his own ki (like the elements these arts seem to be related to affinity), so even considering his own ki is in part the result of power-ups he got by SS (dna modification before birth, further enhancements during life) that would push him bit closer to Elena, let's say middle way between her 100% fair and Bison's 100% cheating

On other hand if Resurrection is entirely powered by the gem, then he's just cheating as Bison... as said we don't know

To me real enigma is Seraphic Wings, seems to be his most powerful attack by good margin but so far we don't have any canon explanation about it, we only know it's NOT one of the Sixty-Six Secret Arts

Guess canon wise is possible he's able to do it but he never used it in any known fight (wich further make me think the Alex fight was another troll job lol)

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

So, apparently, part of the SF6 roster was leaked via Gofobo email alert. Thoughts? 

7HL4Ls2.jpg 

The more I think about it, the more BS it seems. A 16 years time jump would make many of the characters old than us Megashockers. I can't see a Japanese developer aging up that many female characters. 51 year old Ryu, 47 year old Chun Li, 42 year old Sakura? I'll believe it when I see it.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The more I think about it, the more BS it seems. A 16 years time jump would make many of the characters old than us Megashockers. I can't see a Japanese developer aging up that many female characters. 51 year old Ryu, 47 year old Chun Li, 42 year old Sakura? I'll believe it when I see it.

You’re right. The only two Japanese fighting games that did a timeskip around that length that I can think of was Tekken 3 and Soul Calibur 5. Tekken 3 got rid of all the previous games’ female characters because they would be over 40. Only Nina and Anna return and they added that they were cryogenically frozen so they can still look young. Soul Calibur replaced almost all of the women with younger and spunkier models. The intent was obvious because while they got replaced, Mitsurugi (46), Siegfried (40), and Kilik (40)  were still in the game. Ivy like Nina was in and still looked the same because she doesn’t age. I doubt Street Fighter would a time skip of this length without replacing some of the female cast.

Long time jump is bullshit, good thing after SC5 huge time skip SC6 came back to proper period for cool classic cast 

SF6 is unlikely far in future, Luke still looks young and Ryu is'nt THAT far from SFV beard Ryu, shitty graphic style does'nt help 

My guess is max 5years from SFV

Edited by CESTUS III

A 16 year time jump is rather strange on a few levels:

-Why such a huge jump in the timeline?

-Why 16 years instead of a nice, even 10 or so?

-Aging up so much of the cast is gonna be controversial

-Again, why 16 years? We're going from 1997 to 2013? What's the point?

Also, I can understand public knowledge being much further behind than the private stuff, but would a retailer get that much info yet? We're gonna see more news in the summer, but I doubt they're that finished with things yet. Is the actual release even gonna be this year?

1 hour ago, Scotia said:

Fuerte was fine.

Sir, this is an illegal opinion to have in SRK. Snitching you out over there.

Fuerte was obnoxious before the USF4 buffs and afterwards even more so.  Poongko has been going extra HAM with that character these past few years too:

This character can go straight in the trash.

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Sir, this is an illegal opinion to have in SRK. Snitching you out over there.

Fuerte was obnoxious before the USF4 buffs and afterwards even more so.  Poongko has been going extra HAM with that character these past few years too:

This character can go straight in the trash.

Wasn't really talking balance because lol @ playing SF4 but that's fair I guess. I just think as a character he gets a bad rap.

I get liking a character for lore stuff. I Guilty Gearx I kinda love Leo for the character, music etc.

Game play wise my cna catch a bullet in between  eyes, back of the head and then get tossed in a  cement coffin straight down the deepest part the ocean can offer.

Kinda hard to hate a luchador who is a bad cook. But boy does he cook you something fierce gameplay wise.

the attraction to El Fuerte as a characters is more on because he is a luchador street fighter character.

His backstory being a fan of Mika is a pass or okay it's not as ridiculous like Rufus and Ken. but the joke about his characters like cooking time and cooking moves is as meh and as bad or close to Rufus confusing all blondes as Ken Masters.

They should had put Slammaster character instead. His character needs tons of rework.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

I get liking a character for lore stuff. I Guilty Gearx I kinda love Leo for the character, music etc.

Game play wise my cna catch a bullet in between  eyes, back of the head and then get tossed in a  cement coffin straight down the deepest part the ocean can offer.

Kinda hard to hate a luchador who is a bad cook. But boy does he cook you something fierce gameplay wise.

Reality is that his gameplay was so infamous that if ever they will make him return (i doubt) they will surely change a lot of his moves, but FGC already did the overreaction gimmick, so they will never bring him back probably... he's not even a waifu with a crowd of weirdos crying for his return, basically no reason to risk bring him back for Capcom unless some douche in american marketing division push hard the fact SF needs a mexican lol

Kinda shame, the character itself was good

Think also a great character like Elena risk to be on same boat because people are bitter about her version in one game 8 years ago is sad af lol

But on other side i blame capcom that have habit of pretend be blind/deaf to don't patch shit

Edited by CESTUS III

Over the weekend I went back to Doctrine Dark’s master win quote post and realize just how much I enjoyed these over the years. It made me think what it would’ve been like if one of my favorite characters was in the game and what she would say to the others.

So in a stroke of inspiration, I tried writing some stuff as if Makoto was in the game. I’ll put it into a spoiler so it doesn’t clog the thread.

Spoiler

esPqD7E.jpg

Character Specific winquotes.

To Abigail: Size doesn’t matter to me! My karate can handle big guys like you too!

To Akira: It’s cool that your brother fights with ya. Mine’s doesn’t even like to fight.

To Alex: For a rookie, you’re pretty strong! Those throws were no joke!

To Akuma: I had no idea someone could get this strong. Looks like I’ll have to train harder!

To Balrog: We all need money now and then but you take it too far! It’s making you weak as a fighter!

To Birdie: You should be hungry for the battle, not just hungry! Where is that food coming from anyway?!

To Blanka: I may be young, but I’m still disciplined. Your wild moves are no match for me!

To Cammy: Cats? Yeah, there’s a few that come by the dojo. Ya interested?

To Chun-Li: Rindo-kan doesn’t have a lot of kicking in it. After that fight, I think I may need to add some.

To Cody: Never thought I would have to go all out against a mayor! The world is filled with amazing fighters!

To Dan: While you aren’t a good fighter, you still have my respect. Running your own dojo ain’t easy work!

To Dhalsim: Sorry but I still don’t get how Yoga makes you stretch that far.

To Ed: Ya must’ve had a lousy teacher. The footwork and swinging, it’s like I’m fighting a kid!

To Falke: I prefer hand to hand but I don’t mind you using a weapon. Just use it to it’s fullest potential when you’re against me.

To F.A.N.G.: If you keep trying to be unconventional, you will never win. Go back to basics!

G: I don’t care how many viewers your show get! I will never resort to using a dumb gimmick like you did!

Gill: Save your speeches! I’m not doing anything else until Rindo-kan karate is known all over!

Guile: It may not look like it, but I’m doing this for my family as well! 
Honda: Fighting a sumo wrestler is way different than watching one! Who knew that they fly around like that?
Ibuki: Who’s this cute guy you keep talking about? I’m the only person here!

To Juri: Your techniques look evil and wrong. Are you sure that’s Tae Kwon Do?

To Kage: That fight just now… He said a battle to the death. Was he serious?

To Karin: I thought you was just a spoiled brat, but ya surprised me! Guess I shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, huh?

To Ken: How’d ya like that? My moves are good enough to beat a champion!

To Kolin: Could ya make any more of that ice? It would be perfect to practice my chops on!

To Laura: So you’re trying to promote your style too? Guess that makes us rivals then!

To Lucia: If there’s some people trying to fight, send ‘em to me. I’ll set them straight!

To Luke: If ya just starting out, keep training. Once you reach your potential, I will be waiting for a rematch!

To M. Bison: You rely on that power of yours too much!

To Makoto: Thanks! Because of you, I know what weaknesses that need fixin’!

To Menat: So you can really see into the future? Wait, don’t tell me! I’ll just go with my gut!

To Nash: Where’s your passion? All of your attacks had no soul to them!

To Necali: Devour? No wonder you lost. You shouldn’t fight on an empty stomach!

To Oro: I-I did it! I avenged your loss, daddy!¹

To Poison: Now everyone will know how good Rindo-kan is against weapons! Thanks for the promo!

To R. Mika: My brother says everything you guys do is fake. Glad I can prove him wrong on this!

To Rashid: I’m not angry at all! I just take my fights seriously unlike you!

To Rose: I already knows what’s gonna happen. I’ll just keep fighting until everyone knows my family’s style!

To Ryu: It was a honor, but I still have a ways to go until I’m your level. Once I become a master, I will face you again!

To Sagat: It’s a honor to face off against a master but I didn’t expect to win against one too. Thank you!

To Sakura: You’re balancing two lives and you’re still that good? I hate to admit that I’m jealous.

To Seth: That move you did… where did you learn that?²

To Urien: You’d probably win more if you thought about your opponent more than yourself.

To Vega: Beauty this, beauty that. Appearances aren’t that important, ‘specially in a fight!

To Zangief: Hah, I don’t need to build my muscles any more than I need to! I can already knock out someone in five hits!

To Zeku: Woah, that was like fighting two people at once! How’d ya do that age thing?

Generic winquotes

“Hoooo, yaaaa… CHESTO!”

“Was that it? Coulda used this time to fix up the dojo…”

”Yeah! Soon enough, I will end a fight in one hit!”

”Rindo-kan karate is what defeated you today! Remember that!”

”Fight me again! I know that wasn’t your best!”

I also attempted to write quotes against Makoto. I’m not as confident with these.

Winquotes against Makoto

Abigail: You’re using too much gas when you’re already running on empty!

Akira: Your passion for this kind of stuff is infectious! And a little scary.

Akuma: You are a fool to willingly challenge a demon!

Alex: You’re not in a league to call anyone else a rookie. I’ll admit you do have some potential though.

Balrog: Shut your annoying mouth up! I’ll turn your crappy dojo to scrap next if you thinking I’m still a weakling!

Birdie: Ain’t no one gonna stop me from eating my food! Much less a girl who looks like she never ‘ad a good meal.

Blanka: ARROOOOGH! Your moves may dominate the country, but the jungle is a different beast!

Cammy: I never fought someone so young yet so serious. Perhaps you can be more than an amateur.

Chun-Li: You’re doing all of this for your father. I can tell that he would be proud if he was here.

Cody: Enjoy the fighting while you can. Sooner or later, life will come at you.

Dan: Y’know, I see a lot of myself in you, kid. Why don’t you study Saikyo along with- what’s that other thing called?

Dhalsim: Once you open your mind to the possibilities, even the impossible can be just a word.

Ed: Who you calling a kid, brat? Just because you can hit hard doesn’t mean you’re a good fighter!

Falke: It seems all you want is a good fight. I’m sorry but it would be better to bother someone else for that. 
F.A.N.G.: You could make a good experiment but you’re far too volatile. I can’t have my work destroyed by a loud brat!

G: Your drive and power empowers this planet well. Thank you, citizen!

Gill: You are not the only fighter who desires to have their techniques known. Accept me as your savior and I will ensure they will not be forgotten.

Guile: Go back to your family. I’m sure they wouldn’t want you losing to someone like me.

Honda: A good fighter can only become a great fighter when they know when to relax! So why don’t you come by the bathhouse sometime?

Ibuki: Wait a minute? You’re a-! Jeez! We need to talk about your appearance.

Juri: What would you know? Since you think I’m evil, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind me stomping over your face some more?

Kage: Even someone as young as you will face death!

Karin: Your moves are simple yet effective. You have potential to be a fantastic training partner.

Ken: You got the heat, but you need more than the basics to fight me!

Kolin: Run along now, little girl. The world we’re creating has no need for your dying art.

Laura: That move where you go ‘woosh!’ was crazy! Add some Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu grapples and you’ll be unstoppable!

Lucia: Slow your role there! As an officer of the law, I can’t let a kid fight gang members.

Luke: And I thought I was hot-blooded! Think I saw you turn red for a second!

M. Bison: Hmph! There are fighters like you all over the world. You don’t impress me for a second!

Menat: And your future is- huh? Wait! Where are you going? This will save you some trouble!

Nash: I have no time for this. Challenge me again and I will show you the consequences for losing.

Necali: Your pa-pa-passion will make for a nice ap-appetizer…

Oro: Ohoho, you are your father’s daughter! Hope this loss doesn’t discourage. I can see you putting up a fight in another 30 years!¹

Poison: You have a lot of spunk, kid! Shame about the boring style you have. 

R.Mika: Of course wrestling is real! You don’t shoot to the top being a fake!

Rashid: Woah woah woah! Watch where you throw those punches! I thought this was supposed to be fun, why are you so angry?

Rose: You will experience a lot of defeat with the path you’re on. But with those defeats, wonderful friendships will arise.

Ryu: Once you make your style your own, you can truly begin your journey. I look forward to our next battle.

Sagat: You have a long way to go. Stand up if you wish to continue down this road.

Sakura: Your moves are pretty cool. Even when they miss, I can feel the force behind every attack.

Seth: Rindo-kan karate data detected. Updating current files.²
Urien: How dare a worm like you try to give advice? You will be punished for this transgression!

Vega: It’s always a travesty when someone discards their beauty. Carving you will be a necessity.

Zangief: You already have great power! Now, build your muscles to be even greater!

The Gief: All martial arts fall before my throws!

Zeku: A fading legacy, renewed by a daughter’s passion. A new generation.

If you got that far, I hope you enjoyed what I did when I was bored.

¹: Makoto’s father final loss was against an unspecified fighter in South America. The Udon comics expanded this by saying Oro was and Makoto wanted to avenge his loss.

²: Seth in this game gains a new move that looks a like lot Tsurugi (Makoto’s axe kick) which gains a follow up in v-trigger 1 which looks like Fukiage (Makoto’s DP). Thought it would be cute to reference that.

Edited by BornWinner
51 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

If you got that far, I hope you enjoyed the what I did when I was bored.

I admit i'm not fan-ficton lover and i jumped in like "but why?"

End up reading all

Wow these were VERY good, you had great attention on imitate the style of official ones and as result is your ones feel legit af, bravo 👍

Edited by CESTUS III
13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Over the weekend I went back to Doctrine Dark’s master win quote post and realize just how much I enjoyed these over the years. It made me think what it would’ve been like if one of my favorite characters was in the game and what she would say to the others.

So in a stroke of inspiration, I tried writing some stuff as if Makoto was in the game. I’ll put it into a spoiler so it doesn’t clog the thread.

Reveal hidden contents

esPqD7E.jpg

To Abigail: Size doesn’t matter to me! My karate can handle big guys like you too!

To Akira: It’s cool that your brother fights with ya. Mine’s doesn’t even like to fight.

To Akuma: I had no idea someone could get this strong. Looks like I’ll have to train harder!

To Balrog: We all need money now and then but you take it too far! It’s making you weak as a fighter!

To Birdie: You should be hungry for the battle, not just hungry! Where is that food coming from anyway?!

To Blanka: I may be young, but I’m still disciplined. Your wild moves are no match for me!

To Chun-Li: Rindo-kan doesn’t have a lot of kicking in it. After that fight, I think I may need to add some.

To Cody: Never thought I would have to go all out against a mayor! The world is filled with amazing fighters!

To Dan: While you aren’t a good fighter, you still have my respect. Running your own dojo ain’t easy work!

To Ed: Ya must’ve had a lousy teacher. The footwork and swinging, it’s like I’m fighting a kid!

To Falke: I prefer hand to hand but I don’t mind you using a weapon. Just use it to it’s fullest potential when you’re against me.

To F.A.N.G.: If you keep trying to be unconventional, you will never win. Go back to basics!

G: I don’t care how many viewers your show get! I will never resort to using a dumb gimmick like you did!

Gill: Save your speeches! I’m not doing anything else until Rindo-kan karate is known all over!

Honda: Fighting a sumo wrestler is way different than watching one! Who knew that they fly around like that?

To Karin: I thought you was just a spoiled brat, but ya surprised me! Guess I shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, huh?

To Kolin: Could ya make any more of that ice? It would be perfect to practice my chops on!

To Laura: So you’re trying to promote your style too? Guess that makes us rivals then!

To Lucia: If there’s some people trying to fight, send ‘em to me. I’ll set them straight!

To Luke: If ya just starting out, keep training. Once you reach your potential, I will be waiting for a rematch!

To Menat: So you can really see into the future? Wait, don’t tell me! I’ll just go with my gut!

To Poison: Now everyone will know how good Rindo-kan is against weapons! Thanks for the promo!

To R. Mika: My brother says everything you guys do is fake. Glad I can prove him wrong on this!

To Rose: I already knows what’s gonna happen. I’ll just keep fighting until everyone knows my family’s style!

To Ryu: It was a honor, but I still have a ways to go until I’m your level. Once I become a master, I will face you again!

To Sagat: It’s a honor to face off against a master but I didn’t expect to win against one too. Thank you!

To Sakura: You’re balancing two lives and you’re still that good? I hate to admit that I’m jealous.

To Urien: You’d probably win more if you thought about your opponent more than yourself.

To Vega: Beauty this, beauty that. Appearances aren’t that important, ‘specially in a fight!

To Zangief: Hah, I don’t need to build my muscles any more than I need to! I can already knock out someone in five hits!

To Zeku: Woah, that was like fighting two people at once! How’d ya do that age thing?

Generic winquotes

“Hoooo, yaaaa… CHESTO!”

I also attempted to write quotes against Makoto. I’m not as confident with these.

Winquotes against Makoto

Alex: You’re not in a league to call anyone else a rookie. I’ll admit you do have some potential though.

Balrog: Shut your annoying mouth up! I’ll turn your crappy dojo to scrap next if you thinking I’m still a weakling!

Birdie: Ain’t no one gonna stop me from eating my food! Much less a girl who looks like she never ‘ad a good meal.

Blanka: ARROOOOGH! Your moves may dominate the country, but the jungle is a different beast!

Cammy: I never fought someone so young yet so serious. Perhaps you can be more than an amateur.

Chun-Li: You’re doing all of this for your father. I can tell that he would be proud if he was here.

Dan: Y’know, I see a lot of myself in you, kid. Why don’t you study Saikyo along with- what’s that other thing called?

Dhalsim: Once you open your mind to the possibilities, even the impossible can be just a word.

Ed: Who you calling a kid, brat? Just because you can hit hard doesn’t mean you’re a good fighter!

Falke: It seems all you want is a good fight. I’m sorry but it would be better to bother someone else for that. 
F.A.N.G.: You could make a good experiment but you’re far too volatile. I can’t have my work destroyed by a loud brat!

Gill: You are not the only fighter who desires to have their techniques known. Accept me as your savior and I will ensure it will not be forgotten.

Guile: Go back to your family. I’m sure they wouldn’t want you losing to someone like me.

Honda: A good fighter can only become a great fighter when they know when to relax! So why don’t you come by the bathhouse sometime?

Juri: What would you know? Since you think I’m evil, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind me stomping over your face some more?

Karin: Your moves are simple yet effective. You have potential to be a fantastic training partner.

Kolin: Run along now, little girl. The world we’re creating has no need for your dying art.

Laura: That move where you go ‘woosh!’ was crazy! Add some Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu grapples and you’ll be unstoppable!

Lucia: Slow your role there! As an officer of the law, I can’t let a kid fight gang members.

Luke: And I thought I was hot-blooded! Think I saw you turn red for second!

M. Bison: Hmph! There are fighters like you all over the world. You don’t impress me for a second!

Menat: And your future is- huh? Wait! Where are you going? This will save you some trouble!

Nash: I have no time for this. Challenge me again and I will show you the consequences for losing.

Oro: Ohoho, you are your father’s daughter! Hope this loss doesn’t discourage. I can see you putting up a fight in another 30 years!¹

Rashid: Woah woah woah! Watch where you throw those punches! I thought this was supposed to be fun, why are you so angry?

Rose: You will experience a lot of defeat with the path you’re on. But with those defeats, wonderful friendships will arise.

Ryu: Once you make your style your own, you can truly begin your journey. I look forward to our next battle.

Sagat: You have a long way to go. Stand up if you wish to continue down this road.

Sakura: Your moves are pretty cool. Even when they miss, I can feel the force behind every attack.

Urien: How dare a worm like you try to give advice? You will be punished for this transgression!

Vega: It’s always a travesty when someone discards their beauty. Carving you will be a necessity.

Zangief: You already have great power! Now, build your muscles to be even greater!

¹: Makoto’s father final loss was against an unspecified fighter in South America. The Udon comics expanded this by saying Oro was and Makoto wanted to avenge his loss.

²: Seth in this game gains a new move that looks a like lot Tsurugi (Makoto’s axe kick) which gains a follow up in v-trigger 1 which looks like Fukiage (Makoto’s DP). Thought it would be cute to reference that.

You BEAST!

This must've taken you a while to come up with so many different quotes while keeping true to Makoto and having the appropriate response with the other characters. And definitely can see some story behind Makoto's quotes too.

My favorites of Makoto's are to Ibuki, Sakura, Dan, Vega, and Balrog.

My faves to Makoto are from Chun-Li, Ibuki, Luke, and Zeku.

I know these ain't official, but I can't help it. So allow me to give my reactions of Chun's and Makoto's win quotes to each other.

Makoto vs Chun-Li: "Rindo-kan doesn’t have a lot of kicking in it. After that fight, I think I may need to add some."

Definitely an air of respect between the two. Makoto being the younger fighter, but she knows a good and respected fighter when she's fights with one.  Makoto certainily has the power that could rival Chun's kicking strength. (If you mod the camera from USF4, you'll see she launches her opponents higher than any one). Shame they don't interact as much within the lore. And if they did, it might just be a Casual acknowledgement. I'm not sure Makoto would know Chun's past and how they both honor their fathers unless Chun-Li opens up to her about her dad herself. And while I don't see a reason for the two to interact more than just passing or a friendly fight, it's nice to see the them both honor their dads through their martial art.

Chun-Li to Makoko: You’re doing all of this for your father. I can tell that he would be proud if he was here.

Yes, if there is one thing that would bond the two, it's them honoring their deceased dads. I can totally sense the relatability to Makoto in this quote. Very solid, and it's one of my faves of the whole set.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Reveal hidden contents

esPqD7E.jpg

Generic winquotes

“Hoooo, yaaaa… CHESTO!”

Winquotes against Makoto

Gill: You are not the only fighter who desires to have their techniques known. Accept me as your savior and I will ensure it will not be forgotten.

Luke: And I thought I was hot-blooded! Think I saw you turn red for second!

On 3/1/2022 at 12:41 PM, BootyWarrior said:

Why is Ingrid hated more than Oni? 

The truth is that Ingrid hate is way overblown mostly because the game she comes from is an obscure one, so the conversation behind her tends to be quite skewed by the people who dislike her.

If you look at her objectively and dig just a little you will find that she is much better received than what the internet will like you to belive, hence why she has appeared in multiple game after her first appearance on Capcom Fighting Evolution.

44 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I admit i'm not fan-ficton lover and i jumped in like "but why?"

End up reading all

Wow these were VERY good, you had great attention on imitate the style of official ones and as result is your ones feel legit af, bravo 👍

I was thinking if I should even post it because it’s not actual story at all. Remembering the character concepts that got posted in this thread so long ago is what made me go screw it and go through with it. 

I’m super glad to hear you enjoyed it even if it’s not what the thread is about.

49 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

This must've taken you a while to come up with so many different quotes while keeping true to Makoto and having the appropriate response with the other characters.

Oh man, you have no idea! I thought it would be easy and some came to my mind quick like Makoto Vs G and Makoto Vs Dan. Then it became ‘wait, what the hell will she say to Lucia, Kolin, Dhalsim?’. And then I decided to do the rest of the characters which definitely wasn’t easy. It was a fun exercise though. 

The fact that THE Chun-Li fan here loves the quotes with her is sending me over the moon. I’m glad you enjoyed them. 

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Thanks man! Along with the SFV quotes, it was your character concepts that inspired to do something like this. They were so good.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:41 AM, BornWinner said:

This leak doesn’t even name Luke who was the only other character in the teaser. Fake.

So i make my grand return back to the internet and i see EL FUERTE AND ABEL RETURNING  ? yea ima log back out 

Btw if @Darc_Requiemsee this, i would like for you to know that i dearly adore your characters concepts and hope you would post more bc i actually get creative inspiration from it as well as its just pure enjoyment for a street fighter lover like me, amen! 🙏🏽

Edited by sKreetFighteZ

@sKreetFighteZHey I appreciate the compliment. I'll see if I can come up with something. I've kind of taken a writing hiatus after getting stuck on chapter 5 of my second book.

Edit:   It's weird looking at my rendition of Kolin with everything going on. I had made her Ukrainian. She was from a military family. She lost her entire family in battles to defend her countries sovereignty. The origin I wrote for her hits differently to me now. Excerpt from my "SFVI" Kolin concept for reference.

Spoiler

Origins: Kolin, born Olena Kovalenko, comes from military family. Her grandfather, father, mother, and brother were all soldiers. Olena followed their lead. Per her family's customs, she was instructed in combat training as soon as she can walk. Olena excelled at Systema and was also an expert marksmen with small fire arms Over time Olena lost each of her family members to war. Her grandfather was killed in combat when she was small girl, her mother when she was barely a teenager, and her father shortly after her enlistment. In the frequent battles to maintain her countries sovereignty, her family always seem to pay the price. In her final combat action, she saw her brother's fall.

Disillusioned and distraught, Olena simply wondered off into the wilderness. Her comrades called out to her. She walked across the frozen tundra, ignoring the bitter cold. The bitter cold wind whipped across her face and she paid no mind. Her grief had numbed her to any pain. After days of walking, without eating or drinking, her body finally gave out. Olena staggered, stumbled, and finally collapsed to the snowy ground. As she closed her eyes and waited for death to take her, a voice called out to her. She looked up to see a striking, heavenly figure call out to her. Was it a mirage? An illusion, she thought to her self. The figure glowed with a warm white light. Rays of a light from the figure seemed to call out to her.

Olena somehow to find the strength to raise to her feet. She made her way to the figure on unsteady feet fall just to her knees just short of his location. He reached out his hand to her. Olena grabbed hold of it and suddenly felt rejuvenated.

Gill was his name. He promised Olena a world without war if she would follow him. A divine being awaiting her in the frozen wilderness. Olena was enamored. She had lost everything and would happily do anything to ensure a world without war. Olena died that day. She never got up from the frosty earth. Kolin arose and she would serve Gill faithfully and bring forth his Utopia.

Kolin is a master manipulator. She is adept at using a targets personal trauma to bend them to her will. Kolin uses this ability to help achieve Gill's goals or recruit those of exceptional ability to his cause. Half of Gill's Four Disciples were brought to him by Kolin. The first being Orfiel (Nash) the personal bodyguard of Gill and the latest being Darit (Decapre).

Edited by Darc_Requiem
22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@sKreetFighteZHey I appreciate the compliment. I'll see if I can come up with something. I've kind of taken a writing hiatus after getting stuck on chapter 5 of my second book.

Edit:   It's weird looking at my rendition of Kolin with everything going on. I had made her Ukrainian. She was from a military family. She lost her entire family in battles to defend her countries sovereignty. The origin I wrote for her hits differently to me now. Excerpt from my "SFVI" Kolin concept for reference.

Hide contents

Origins: Kolin, born Olena Kovalenko, comes from military family. Her grandfather, father, mother, and brother were all soldiers. Olena followed their lead. Per her family's customs, she was instructed in combat training as soon as she can walk. Olena excelled at Systema and was also an expert marksmen with small fire arms Over time Olena lost each of her family members to war. Her grandfather was killed in combat when she was small girl, her mother when she was barely a teenager, and her father shortly after her enlistment. In the frequent battles to maintain her countries sovereignty, her family always seem to pay the price. In her final combat action, she saw her brother's fall.

Disillusioned and distraught, Olena simply wondered off into the wilderness. Her comrades called out to her. She walked across the frozen tundra, ignoring the bitter cold. The bitter cold wind whipped across her face and she paid no mind. Her grief had numbed her to any pain. After days of walking, without eating or drinking, her body finally gave out. Olena staggered, stumbled, and finally collapsed to the snowy ground. As she closed her eyes and waited for death to take her, a voice called out to her. She looked up to see a striking, heavenly figure call out to her. Was it a mirage? An illusion, she thought to her self. The figure glowed with a warm white light. Rays of a light from the figure seemed to call out to her.

Olena somehow to find the strength to raise to her feet. She made her way to the figure on unsteady feet fall just to her knees just short of his location. He reached out his hand to her. Olena grabbed hold of it and suddenly felt rejuvenated.

Gill was his name. He promised Olena a world without war if she would follow him. A divine being awaiting her in the frozen wilderness. Olena was enamored. She had lost everything and would happily do anything to ensure a world without war. Olena died that day. She never got up from the frosty earth. Kolin arose and she would serve Gill faithfully and bring forth his Utopia.

Kolin is a master manipulator. She is adept at using a targets personal trauma to bend them to her will. Kolin uses this ability to help achieve Gill's goals or recruit those of exceptional ability to his cause. Half of Gill's Four Disciples were brought to him by Kolin. The first being Orfiel (Nash) the personal bodyguard of Gill and the latest being Darit (Decapre).

I like this better. This at least give her background more depth and at least she has a proper home country (looks at Capcom), however I honestly don't know about the name. It's really not a bad name at all but I think it's because im not completely fond with it yet. I  actually thought her former name was Helen (or Helena in my head) but this is actually a really good concept in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I like this better. This at least give her background more depth and at least she has a proper home country (looks at Capcom), however I honestly don't know about the name. It's really not a bad name at all but I think it's because im not completely fond with it yet. I  actually thought her former name was Helen (or Helena in my head) but this is actually a really good concept in my opinion. 

Helen translated into Ukrainian is Olena. I try to research given and surnames of characters from other countries. I want to try to make them authentic, granted without in depth knowledge I probably make errors here and there.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 3/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, BootyWarrior said:

Why is Ingrid hated more than Oni? 

Because she's not a SF character.

On 3/3/2022 at 4:52 AM, Dragonfave723 said:

So, apparently, part of the SF6 roster was leaked via Gofobo email alert. Thoughts? 

Solid selection.  Though I wish it had more non-SF4+5 returners that just Sean.

Sodom and Eagle!  Their time is now!

Edited by DarthEnderX
37 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I thought Ingrid was canon after SFA3 Upper?? 

Nope. She never was a SF character. People tried to argue the issue but Capcom put a nail in that coffin when they released all the CFN profiles. As I've mentioned before, Capcom made SF versions of other non SF character yet made a point to list Ingrid as a CFAS character. That's what she always was. She got thrown into SFA3 for PSP with the likes of Yun and Maki to get people to buy the game yet again. Yun isn't canon to SFA3 for obvious reasons and Maki was clearly thrown in as a bonus because her sprite wasn't even the right size. She's far taller than Guy in that game. Guy stands almost straight up in his stance. Maki is bends her knees in her stance and is still taller Guy side by side. Maki is the size of Samus in that game. 

codeholder.jpg?h=cc180b4a18fa6ed5339e4d2

For point of reference, Ruby Heart's CFN profile card

rh.jpg?h=c6c05bd31de0066b149a5b7fdfc4d0a

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ruby Heart being a SF character is still wild to me years after reading that. 

It's not the same Ruby Heart as in Marvel. Which is why I say Capcom put the nail in the coffin on Ingrid being a SF character. No one expected them to make an SF universe version of Ruby Heart but they did. 

Marvel Ruby Heart                                                                                 Street Fighter Ruby Heart

rubyheart-mvc2-dai-koukai-frontier-art.g rh.jpg?h=c6c05bd31de0066b149a5b7fdfc4d0a

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Helen translated into Ukrainian is Olena. I try to research given and surnames of characters from other countries. I want to try to make them authentic, granted without in depth knowledge I probably make errors here and there.

Ohh. Now it makes more sense to me now ahaha 😭. Maybe i should start asking if the names have ay meaning to it, but overall I'm literally here for these kinds of things. If you have any more please lemme look at them 🙏🏽 .

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nope. She never was a SF character. People tried to argue the issue but Capcom put a nail in that coffin when they released all the CFN profiles. As I've mentioned before, Capcom made SF versions of other non SF character yet made a point to list Ingrid as a CFAS character. That's what she always was. She got thrown into SFA3 for PSP with the likes of Yun and Maki to get people to buy the game yet again.

While i agree she likely should not be considered canon in SFA3 and as general rule i want to agree with the concept of Ingrid in SF never becoming a thing canon wise, we can't use different card color as way to say she does'nt exist in SF world

Darun have the blue card of SFEX characters, yet he's officially part of SFV canon, keeping for Zangief the chess piece

This alone makes that blue card Darun exist in SF world, and with him being a thing is at least possible that rest of SFEX cast does too

Reality is Ingrid having red card keep SF safe only till the day some Capcom guy with decisional power chose she should become a SF char

Essentially i agree with you, but at same time i suggest to don't trust that much these cards color

Speaking of that, I hope that when SF6 has new characters, they won’t be so willing to label them from the growing country of “Unknown”. I guess they didn’t want to offend someone, but it seems pointless when it doesn’t take a genius to know where Rashid, FANG, or Kolin are from.  - @BornWinner

That's the trend i hate most, they became bitches and betrayed a very core part of classic SF

Worst part is when they even made up bullshit reason to support the unknown, see Falke that they clearly wanted to have german theme so "Takayuki Nakayama stated that Falke knows German because the Shadaloo facility she was kept was in an area where German is spoken"

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, just make her from Germany

In another obscure -german- blog post they confirmed her to be of german descent, but still... i REALLY hope to see them to grow out of this politically fake correctness bullshit

Btw, SFV newcomers mixing confirmed info and ones where you have to follow hints

-Rashid: UAE

-Necalli: Atzec empire, modern day Mexico

-Fang: China

-Laura: Brazil

-Kolin: Ukraine, possibly Kiev

-Ed: Unknown, sounds american because time passed with Rog, we ignore where he was kidnapped from

-Abigail: Canada

-Menat: Egypt

-Zeku: Japan

-Falke: Germany, and fuck you capcom

-G: His Uncle Sam/Lincoln gimmick scream America, but we can't trust his farce neither him declared to be from there

-Kage: he's literally a piece of Ryu, so technically Japan

-Lucia: USA, of puerto rican descent

-TrannySeth: Shadaloo labs

-Akira: Japan

-Luke: USA

Edited by CESTUS III
5 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Ohh. Now it makes more sense to me now ahaha 😭. Maybe i should start asking if the names have ay meaning to it, but overall I'm literally here for these kinds of things. If you have any more please lemme look at them 🙏🏽 .

Not a big deal man. I try to put translations notes at the bottom of my concepts but I didn't note that Olena is Helen in Ukrainian on Kolin Concept. So that's on me.

34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not a big deal man. I try to put translations notes at the bottom of my concepts but I didn't note that Olena is Helen in Ukrainian on Kolin Concept. So that's on me.

It’s fine with me. It’s an overall good concept [kinda better than Capcom’s in my personal opinion]. Was Kolin the only person you’ve redone?

34 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

It’s fine with me. It’s an overall good concept [kinda better than Capcom’s in my personal opinion]. Was Kolin the only person you’ve redone?

Nah I redid several existing characters. It's was funny because some of them ended up being in SFV later on. With Sagat and Sakura, I hurried to get something out to see how close I'd get my move sets to what Capcom would actually do I even did a version of Ingrid. I made her Icelandic. I only really did that one because I saw how much @Miðgarðsormliked her character. He actually helped me, as with several other of my characters, with some of my translations. I used to run stuff by him before he got so busy.

I haven't touched it much lately but I have a thread here. Everything I've done, that's finished, is there.

Edited by Darc_Requiem