Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

if one of this would inspire her new default which one would you prefer

Ah, thanks.

tzECmMU.png

if I were to pick, I would say her Battle outfit. 

Since Ryu's redesigned base look is based similarly to his Battle costume, I think it would make the most sense that Capcom would have Chun-Li's Battle costume be her base outfit for SF6. It's a very popular costume that plays to Chun-Li's strengths: her femininity,  her signature powerful legs, and the flowiness of the dress would accentuate her grace and movement in combat. Not to mention in RE Engine graphics, this one would REALLY capitalize Capcom's tradition of "Sex Sells".

If I were to give it any changes, I would have the base color be blue. Having her original base color along with the gold accent designs on her dress would honor her original qipao color, look, and deisgn, while having this new base feel fresh and exciting to look at every time you boot up the game. (BAsically, the 05 color of her Battle Dress)

005.png?h=69a988829ded3ee60d7f7e7e6e1300ad

I'm not to big a fan of her Training costume, though it has grown on me a little since. Her Training costume design  does look like an attempt to combine three costumes into one:  1. The classic hair buns, qipao look, and blue base of her classic Qipao; 2. The Alpha sporty feel with fighter gloves, shinguard, and sneakers; 3. And the flowy dress + bare thighs that resemble her Battle look. It just feels too clashing for me.

As for the swimsuit design, I love the dragon design on her pareo. And I love how it's open so she can kick around with it. But I do feel that capcom will totally give Chun-Li, as well as every other female character that makes the roster, a new swimsuit design. Gotta keep things fresh to keep that $$$ coming. 

(But my preferred design choice(s) on that is another topic for another time)

Honestly, given where she should narratively in SF6, I think Chun Li should wear something similar to her Alpha/Zero gear. Not the same mind you but similar. She's retired from Interpol and runs a Kung Fu school for orphans. Alpha/Zero style gear seems suited to that task. Plus it would allow her to maintain her iconic color scheme. It would be new and yet familar. Bearded Ryu is new and yet familiar. He still has his color scheme, just slightly different attire. I think Chun Li should be similar in that regard.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

If I were to give it any changes, I would have the base color be blue. Having her original base color along with the gold accent designs on her dress would honor her original qipao color, look, and deisgn, while having this new base feel fresh and exciting to look at every time you boot up the game. (BAsically, the 05 color of her Battle Dress)

I really like that your firm for the color palette to be dominant, that's right that my problem with Ken in SFV, because it's not practical and functional, and also made his iconic color palette secondary. 

43 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, given where she should narratively in SF6, I think Chun Li should wear something similar to her Alpha/Zero gear. Not the same mind you but similar. She's retired from Interpol and runs a Kung Fu school for orphans. Alpha/Zero style gear seems suited to that task. Plus it would allow her to maintain her iconic color scheme. It would be new and yet familar. Bearded Ryu is new and yet familiar. He still has his color scheme, just slightly different attire. I think Chun Li should be similar in that regard.

That's true to. Although , narratively speaking, Chun-Li was still in her Qipao outfit at the end of SFIII, but you make some observant points, and having something sportier like her Alpha gear would make more sense to fit her Taking Care of Kids chapter of her life.

Or if anything, if SF6 plans to do character stories again, maybe the redesigned Alpha outfit can be linked to her character story, much like her rookie cop outfit was tied to her character story in SFV. And they can just have maybe the battle dress base costume be the cinematic story costume of choice.

2 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Agreed, I love what the artist, DTScribe did here, this would be perfect! The handwraps and sash would be great!

Oooh, this one is a great redesign! Love it, and the hand wraps do look better than fighting gloves.

Plus, I love the sash around her waist is akin to the Kung Fu sashes like karate belts in Tae Kwan Do

21 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

That's true to. Although , narratively speaking, Chun-Li was still in her Qipao outfit at the end of SFIII, but you make some observant points, and having something sportier like her Alpha gear would make more sense to fit her Taking Care of Kids chapter of her life.

It's way too early, we've only seen Ryu and Luke, but both of them have redesigned looks. So I'm just going under the assumption that's how they are going to handle the entire cast. I could be completely wrong but I'd really love a new but familiar look for everyone. Well I'd be fine with Ken's SFV look, meme'd face aside, I liked the merger of traditional martial arts  attire with modern combats sports gear.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, given where she should narratively in SF6, I think Chun Li should wear something similar to her Alpha/Zero gear. Not the same mind you but similar. She's retired from Interpol and runs a Kung Fu school for orphans.

Yeah, Re-design is likely to happen now regardless SF3 design and the lore because of the direction were heading.

So staying the as is wouldn't to be the same. If there would be character they ignore surely it's not the likes Chun, Ken and Bison or along their popularity.

And those that would probably remain the same are characters that they probably has the least concern with.

Edited by Shakunetsu

After what happened with both Nash and Seth in SFV...

Here's a wild speculation guys, It's lingering in my thoughts yesterday that

Alex will return but with this DESIGN instead

XaEIM8k.png

Changes surely would be radical from now on,

We even might get ED with Bison trying to control him.

Like Bison as EDs Power Up Mechanic before having Bison as a separate DLC Character.

SFVEd610.jpg

Edited by Shakunetsu
11 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Street Fighter can be wishy-washy with their "aging"

I don't think they'll have the balls to age up/grey-hair they poster girl anytime soon. They gotta all the dough they can for their most marketable female character. 

She'll probably be wiser and more experienced. And I do agree that she'll be more classy and mature, but I do hope she doesn't lose that "jumping for joy + yatta" attitude of hers. That or at least present that endearing quality in a different way.

I think we will just get bit more of the mature vibes SFV Chun already gave and costume redesign will probably go in a more "classy" way but that's it

11 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

But then again, this is capcom, and they can be strange with the aging stuff, like growing and roiding out Ed from SF4 to SF5.

Tbh Ed being on roids was'nt a problem, it made sense with the NeoShadaloo uniform that mean the Ed you play as is months AFTER the events of ASF

He's even listed at 86kg (1 heavier than Ryu), even counting hyper fast dna shit going on sure took some time reach that from his clearly lighter ASF self

Thing is for SFV timeline was probably more correct play as skinny ASF Ed, but that would have implied also totally different approach to his moveset

10 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu looks younger in 6 than he does in V. Is it the lighting that makes it seem like he has grey hair? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hard to do direct comparision two different art style games (like, there Ryu seem two different people lol), but yeah i agree Ryu does'nt look older besidethat beard version is now -sadly- the official one

I think in SF6 trailer the hint that time passed is given by Luke having some big scars on his face wich suggest he had some battles/scraps since SFV days

My guess is just 2-3 years after SFV

7 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Agreed, I love what the artist, DTScribe did here, this would be perfect! The handwraps and sash would be great!

I think that's a decent redesign concept, like pieces are well distributed, SFA color scheme is there, is chunliesque and offer kung fu vibes

Line is poor af compared to SF2/4/V Chun (wich break basic human figure with puff sleeves, big ass bracelets and cloth going down vertically), but that was a thing in SFa one too

But i doubt that's the direction they will pick for SF6 Standard, does'nt vehicle much the idea of a post-SFV Chun, actually in anime visual language would feel more youthful (example belly out) and more scrappy (example hand stripes give instant rough/tough vibes) and go backward more in SFA costume direction, as if she suddently became much more obsessed on fight, train and get stronk, while SF lore seem to hint she became more mature/motherly figure and heading that direction, with different priorities in life

I mean, something similar as alt sure, we seen whatever as Chun alt in SFV... but Standard is a different animal, only true design with the duty of settle the character's vibes

But we need to know SF6 premise first, example if is about some big martial arts tournament, they may go like that as way to show she gone through hard training to return on top fighting shape after a quiet phase... but honestly i doubt, specially since with her style being Kung Fu they can have her elegant and still tell it's the best Chun ever as her technique is never been so sharp

Despite spikes and wrestling boots feel the vision they have of Chun have still lot of the beautiful flower that does'nt need to go out of her path to kick down giant steel gates

Edited by CESTUS III
8 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Or if anything, if SF6 plans to do character stories again, maybe the redesigned Alpha outfit can be linked to her character story, much like her rookie cop outfit was tied to her character story in SFV. And they can just have maybe the battle dress base costume be the cinematic story costume of choice.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Speaking of ALPHA. I was thinking of Udon previous works they did a great job of stylin Chunli in some of their comics but still keeping her Iconic color palette dominant.

This TWO are the BEST take of UDON for Chun li casual wear for being street wise and having the iconic appeal at the same time

0nrbGEo.png

O1qdP54.png

It fits her like she is an agent roaming in the streets.Like she get caught on a fight in a normal day outside. It had the same vibe of the Guile default in SF2 and Nash default in SFZ. Nash default in SFZ was great when it first appeared.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Looks like Bison would be having a future in SF6.

While Ken is going...

19 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ken is officially dead to Capcom.

Yeah looks like he be heading to DLC bait this time.

Their character pics to guest in this collab really shows their priorities to represent their brand in SF6 and what they want SFV to be represented now.

Since it's not a regular collab it's with SNK and KOF.

12 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Damn All-Stars has such good art. That Alpha Chun-Li...MMMMMMMM! So good!

Can't wait for this collab. Got my rubies saved

Speaking of KOF All-Stas Chun-Li

10 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

YES! I've seen that (granted, the version I saw I believe was a Fortnite Alpha skin mod of Chunners. 
But holy jesus, what I wouldn't give for a Chun-Li beat-em-up game with a long and deep story and upgradable stats like most JRPGs!

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Filter looks "better".   It's still a joke compared to what ArcSys has been doing.

of course but i take this + costumes over arcsys tech but no costumes 

Also consider this is just an extra on an already existing game, if was their choice from the start they could have made the models and textures more compatible with the filter 

Curious af to see it on all characters/costumes 

Wonder if it will work on ASF too

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Not me.  I'll take better overall visuals over costume options.  I hate 90% of the alts in SF5 anyway.

Opposite for me, i loved being able to change the standard costume in my copy as good portion of cast got shit official design and would have been fucked without alts 😄

On 3/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

That or at least present that endearing quality in a different way.

Likely case scenario it will just a extension of her SF3 self where she shows signs of aging like stretching her back etc, probably with some KOF Vanessa-esque mannerisms.

@CESTUS III I'd say Antonov was good. Last time a boss was good before that was Mukai and Clone Zero. I think Rugal's suit from 94's first phase was the best but then the CVS sprite messed him up a bit when they actually made that his de facto look there.

Edited by N-Tactix
Just now, Shakunetsu said:

Now I wonder what would happen to his kids and to the one that manipulate Rose in the background

A Rugal v Adelheid match up would be great. As far as the story is concerned, Botan might as well have never existed since Ash's reset meant that she's just a ordinary person as seen in XIII's ending. A shame since it has been rumoured that she and Shroom were going to be Ash's teammates.

But considering how Shen and Duo Lon regained their memories of Ash, it might be possible she regained hers though whether she's still loyal to Saiki or not is the question.

39 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

@CESTUS III I'd say Antonov was good. Last time a boss was good before that was Mukai and Clone Zero. I think Rugal's suit from 94's first phase was the best but then the CVS sprite messed him up a bit when they actually made that his de facto look there.

Antonov is awesome, but he's a sub-Boss,  real Boss being that Verse crap

The King Of Fighter XV Boss Rush ??? | JCR Comic Arts