Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think I am the only person who prefers Flower Power Akuma to his original design. At the very least, it is a logical improvement of it.

Personally i don't dislike the idea itself, i hate the execution

It have 3 things i would fix

-Way too much mass on that beard

-Beard does'nt start from the chin/jaw, it's like a fucking neckbeard

-Color is too orange, saturated and bright, specially in contrast with skin wich got darker... overall the effect is make it stand out even more (of course it is an intentional effect, but not necessary a good one lol)  and the two shit points listed above become even more evident. 

Also does'nt even feel harmonic with the rest of the color scheme

I would keep it as SFV concept, just fixing that stuff, something like this cheap quick photoshop lol

https://i.ibb.co/35brwSM/001.png

Edited by CESTUS III

The problem with sunflower Akuma's  design is ENTIRELY the beard. It should just be like wild sideburns and that's it. It shouldn't overtake his chin because then it looks like his face is emerging from within his hair and creates the stupid sunflower look.

Also those colors are WAY better @CESTUS III

Edited by YagamiFire
29 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

The problem with sunflower Akuma's  design is ENTIRELY the beard. It should just be like wild sideburns and that's it. It shouldn't overtake his chin because then it looks like his face is emerging from within his hair and creates the stupid sunflower look.

Also those colors are WAY better @CESTUS III

Yeah, like for Remy fix of few days ago i tried to keep as much as possible the original formula and change only the way to present it, if we want change the concept i like the sideburns solution, to roll with savage spiky hair would do it kinda like human version of Bloody Roar's Gado

Spoiler

MOVIMIENTOS GADO THE -LION- | BLOODY ROAR: HYPER BEAST DUEL

maybe a bit shorter on the jaw line (i mean, go less close to the chin)

Fun thing about the colors is i changed just hair one, but when you restore harmony in the color scheme also other colors seems to work better

Edited by CESTUS III

Ryu would have concerns for hygienic measures because of needing to blend with other people while traveling from different places,

While i don't really see Akuma being something that cares into things that ordinary people would do like styling. Akuma can be resourceful and would improvised like using ropes substitute for belts and gloves for the sake that his training wouldn't be interrupted and need for him to go in the city. I think that's the only extent he'll be able to style his own due to the needs and not disrupt his training isolation.

It's really weird with the flower hair growth for Akuma to end up without proper/normal facial hair growth. Even the choice of shave pattern is weird and to left the other parts felt wrong like they can disrupt his training.

18 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

They feature K666, Roddy, Kollie and Kyaga from the KOF Zillion manga as agents of NESTs! Really strange! Are these characters intended to actually be some kind of quasi-canon?

From what I remember of the manhua's development, they were given in depth notes by SNK months in advance of the games being released and certain trivia but were given free reign. Which is why you get stuff like the headswap clones from Zillion popping up (or just Zillion in general which is basically a 94-00 fanfiction) or the wild plot twist that NESTS era Kyo is a clone and KUSANAGI was the real Kyo this whole time. 

It's why Glaugan appears in the 00 manhua as Clone Zero's assistant as intended (and if you look at his stage in the game, you'll notice some lion engravings across the plaza you fight him in). 

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Dude, i came to post this 😄👍

Double Man?

Double man is a shit name, but concept is kinda cool

Not much my thing as will hardly link to a specific real martial art/culture, but the idea would have been done nicely by SFV people

e also know seen some other members concepts

تصویرتصویر

تصویرتصویر

Bison's intellect inherited by a Gorilla? Knife being a teleporter?

That's old news, Nakayama already told us that Bison abilities/powers were split in 4:

• Ed inherited M. Bison's ability to eject Psycho
  • Falke inherited M. Bison's ability to inject Psycho Power into objects
  • Baba inherited M. Bison's wisdom and high intelligence
  • The unnamed member inherited M. Bison's ability to teleport

This is a disaster!
How did we get to Neo-Shadaloo from this!?

To be fucking honest Shadaloo was a cartoon shitshow already in SFV, Neo Shadaloo had no guilt for that

See the silly soldiers design, some of Dolls, Bison's stage being a comical farce where pink ninjas and robots chase each others... for whatever reason Shadaloo's vibe has been visually toned down a lot from the original terroristic/army vibes to some kind of funny shit

Personally i like the idea of Shadaloo going crazy with concepts, because very core idea behind it is that as result of Shadaloo's experiments they're a bunch of freaks that to various levels would not fit society, so NS (ironically started by the two most "normal" of them) will behave as a sanctuary for them, the only place where they can feel normal/accepted

Now that i think about it Necro and Effie would probably get well along with them, at least till Ed does'nt start to change under Bison's spirit corruption and transform it from a good thing to a new Shadaloo

Edited by CESTUS III
23 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's old news, Nakayama already told us that Bison abilities/powers were split in 4:

• Ed inherited M. Bison's ability to eject Psycho
  • Falke inherited M. Bison's ability to inject Psycho Power into objects
  • Baba inherited M. Bison's wisdom and high intelligence
  • The unnamed member inherited M. Bison's ability to teleport

kill-it-with-fire-the-simpsons.gif

23 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

To be fucking honest Shadaloo was a cartoon shitshow already in SFV, Neo Shadaloo had no guilt for that

Fair, but SF6 is an opportunity to reverse some of that tone not double down on it. Maybe they can change the name to something other than Neo-Shadaloo that way we don't have to associate with them. Alternatively, we could have them for half a game then Bison comes and saves the day with a much more serious tone by impaling all of them with his hand through the chest. We can still save SF!

Edited by Daemos
39 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Fair, but SF6 is an opportunity to reverse some of that tone not double down on it. Maybe they can change the name to something other than Neo-Shadaloo that way we don't have to associate with them.

Yeah the Neo Shadaloo name should go, it's contradicts their backstory like struggle and difficulty like they want to be the better version Shadaloo. 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Fair, but SF6 is an opportunity to reverse some of that tone not double down on it.

Well, SF6 is supposed to not have Shadaloo at all, so i'm not sure about this

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Maybe they can change the name to something other than Neo-Shadaloo that way we don't have to associate with them. Alternatively, we could have them for half a game then Bison comes and saves the day with a much more serious tone by impaling all of them with his hand through the chest. We can still save SF!

I think Neo-Shadaloo name is a cool idea on Capcom side as it offer two keys to read it

Good: "Shadaloo" is the connecting element of all these freaks, being part of same tragedy is what make them some sort of family. The "Neo" before it is a message of hope, the promise things will now be different for them as it's the start of a new era

Evil: "Shadaloo" seed is still there, and will eventually show up as soon as Ed will be fully corrupted from the inside and will start to give them orders in contrast with the new purpose mentioned above... one by one they will start break rules they gave themselves to be better than what Shadaloo was in the name of do what you need to do.

Can already see Falke say to Ed shit like "we're supposed to don't do this" with Ed ignoring her and give the order

Guess this pic of Ed marching forward with dark eyes and Falke (the only to do it) looking at him with great concern is worth 999 words

Pretty obvious, but Falke was shown in Ed's ending. : r/StreetFighter

Will of course also made sense as name for the org, as old, "first" shadaloo was destroyed

Edited by CESTUS III
On 4/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, CESTUS III said:

See the silly soldiers design, some of Dolls, Bison's stage being a comical farce where pink ninjas and robots chase each others... for whatever reason Shadaloo's vibe has been visually toned down a lot from the original terroristic/army vibes to some kind of funny shit

spacer.png

Shadaloo was depicted in an cartoony way since SF2CE.

It was in the SF2 Movie where we had the best Shadaloo depiction as a criminal paramilitary organization hinting that it's tentacles were entangled in all kind of activities, legal or not. They were even planning on to have a candidate to run the presidential elections in the USA. The Shadaloo soldiers here were at their best.

Then, SF2Voyage had Shadaloo being an terrorist ambiental group. Shadaloo soldiers here were meh. Those uniforms were too flashy.

Zero/Alpha Shadaloo was copy/paste straight from SF2 movie.

SSFIV had Shadaloo soldiers similiar to Zero. If I recall exactly, I believe they just appeared in Evil Ryu's ending.

SFV Shadaloo, it's... flamboyant, flashy, but I can relate, since F.A.N.G. is the second one in charge under Vega only. Vega seems to  have given him green light to remodel Shadaloo. So he did it. And that's why Birdie left Shadaloo, not only because of the new uniform's hat that would ruin his hair, but also from how the soldiers were treated being infused (and brainwashed) with Psycho Power. Probably being called a traitor and executed if someone refused.

I liked that they gave different personalities to the Dolls though. Better than being brainless robots like in SFZ3. Although Juni/Juli Z3 background story is pretty creepy.

3 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

spacer.png

Shadaloo was depicted in an cartoony way since SF2CE.

It was in the SF2 Movie where we had the best Shadaloo depiction as a criminal paramilitary organization hinting that it's tentacles were entangled in all kind of activities, legal or not. They were even planning on to have a candidate to run the presidential elections in the USA. The Shadaloo soldiers here were at their best.

Then, SF2Voyage had Shadaloo being an terrorist ambiental group. Shadaloo soldiers here were meh. Those uniforms were too flashy.

Zero/Alpha Shadaloo was copy/paste straight from SF2 movie.

SSFIV had Shadaloo soldiers similiar to Zero. If I recall exactly, I believe they just appeared in Evil Ryu's ending.

SFV Shadaloo, it's... flamboyant, flashy, but I can relate, since F.A.N.G. is the second one in charge under Vega only. Vega seems to  have given him green light to remodel Shadaloo. So he did it. And that's why Birdie left Shadaloo, not only because of the new uniform's hat that would ruin his hair, but also from how the soldiers were treated being infused (and brainwashed) with Psycho Power. Probably being called a traitor and executed if someone refused.

I liked that they gave different personalities to the Dolls though. Better than being brainless robots like in SFZ3. Although Juni/Juli Z3 background story is pretty creepy.

I don't disagree with any of that, yet there are levels to this and SFV had by far the most non-serious and comical portrait of Shadaloo ever seen

ALL past incarnations, including the "dark" SFA, had some silly moments, but Shadaloo has never been as ridicolous/toned down as SFV incarnation despite the fact ASF gave them plenty of chances to show the org as something menacing

Guess we can agree on this, clear as the sun that was intentional

For that reason i said that i find hilarious think that a freaks-composed new org, that does'nt even start as an evil group like Neo Shadaloo, is somehow ruining Shadaloo badass/dark Shadaloo vibes because not enough serious, when Shadaloo itself did a marvelous job in SFV at become a comical shitshow

Neo Shadaloo can be whatever, they're bunch of lab freaks starting a new thing as intentional deviation from the original shadaloo, being borderline circus is almost to be expected 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
On 4/3/2022 at 2:50 PM, CESTUS III said:
  • Now that i think about it Necro and Effie would probably get well along with them, at least till Ed does'nt start to change under Bison's spirit corruption and transform it from a good thing to a new Shadaloo

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Why do I feel like Ed & Falke and Necro & Effie could strongly relate to each other?

That said, Necro for SF6 please

Same minds lol 😄

Yeah background story is pretty similar, they could easily be accepted 

Actually they would also present a cool element if once Ed is fully possessed he can somehow "resonate" with all the people who got touched by PsychoPower and make easier push them to follow his orders and don't notice the strange change of behaviour... in that scenario Necro and Effie would be free from that and be precious allies for Falke 

Fun thing we think all that stuff even if is fully possible new people working on SF6 will try to skip all SFV lore to push their new stuff lol, would not be first time for SF

48 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Fun thing we think all that stuff even if is fully possible new people working on SF6 will try to skip all SFV lore to push their new stuff lol, would not be first time for SF

I'd say the fact that Ed existed all the way back in SF4 disproves that. Capcom seem to want to have a story going. 

What needs to be looked at is whether they will actually commit to it all the way through. 

Personally, I'd have Shadaloo stay gone for the time being, if Bison is to return it should be under his own terms and by himself. If you have NS and the original co-existing, they just tarnish whatever image was left of the original Shadaloo and also makes SF6 yet again too scared to move beyond the SF2 era in proper ways. 

2 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I'd say the fact that Ed existed all the way back in SF4 disproves that. Capcom seem to want to have a story going. 

This is true under Ono. Ono conceived SF4 and SF5 as a 2 part epic story event that bridges the 4-5 year gap between SF2 and NG. It was up until this point in time the most ambitious and complex canonical effort in the history of the franchise. While the execution itself fell short on several fronts, the heart was in the right place and anyone who knows SF's old canon would recognize that Ono and his team were true SF fanboys just like us.

Now that Ono is out of the picture, I am not sure if SF6 will continue the plotlines that SF5 set in motion while still under Ono. So far all we have is Luke which was clearly made by the new team.

At the very least, SF6 gives hope in that Capcom recognizes that the vast majority of the fanbase wants to move past 3S and we all want Ryu with less clothes on.

5 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

What needs to be looked at is whether they will actually commit to it all the way through. 

Personally, I'd have Shadaloo stay gone for the time being, if Bison is to return it should be under his own terms and by himself. If you have NS and the original co-existing, they just tarnish whatever image was left of the original Shadaloo and also makes SF6 yet again too scared to move beyond the SF2 era in proper ways. 

Yeah, but as @Daemossaid, 4 and V were under same people 😄

A thing we seen with SF is that new teams have the tendence to almost ignore/minimize the stories made up by previous teams, because they want tell their own stuff

Not saying Ed/NeoShadaloo is going to get straight erased either, but they may simply end up being very marginalized by new SF6 people compared to what could have been if SF6 was still Ono stuff

Personally i think SF6 should have Neo Shadaloo there but as pretty side-story thing, they're not (or at least don't seem) material for the MAIN threat, but they have an interesting story and can work pretty well as a side arc for young heroes, while real deal ones take on the new big Boss/threat

Also Team Effie you guys! Come on! She wields a fucking chainsaw!!!! Help me here! @YagamiFire@CESTUS III

Tbh i don't feel the need of Effie as fighter, to me perfect role for her would be as assist character like Nadeshiko for R.Mika

On 4/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, N-Tactix said:

NESTS era Kyo is a clone and KUSANAGI was the real Kyo this whole time. 

I'll actually correct this...

NESTS era Kyo WAS a clone swapped out for that tournament but the real Kyo is observing during that time. NESTS era Kyo was not a clone the entire time, just for the last tournament battle. Meanwhile, Kusanagi in 2002 is X/Kyo-3 from the KOF2000-0x manhua and the end of the KOF2001 manhua.

It has been a while since I read all of them. Craziest moment has to be the 00 manhua where Kyo and Iori have a race using sports cars across the motorway until Chizuru has to teleport Iori out of the car. And the entirety of the Buriki One manhua where Robert is obese and simply concentrates his mind to return to his old self. 

It was always weird to me that she wasn't involved at any capacity at all during the NESTS saga in the games. 

Edited by N-Tactix
On 4/4/2022 at 9:36 PM, sKreetFighteZ said:

Am I the only one that doesnt have relatively high hopes with Neo Shadaloo?

Wait, there are people that actually think Neo Shadaloo is cool?

On 4/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, YagamiFire said:

I don't think Effie should be a fighter. I do support her for big story presence alongside Necro, however.

Then who's gonna be Necro's tag team partner?!

Edited by DarthEnderX
6 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

It has been a while since I read all of them. Craziest moment has to be the 00 manhua where Kyo and Iori have a race using sports cars across the motorway until Chizuru has to teleport Iori out of the car. And the entirety of the Buriki One manhua where Robert is obese and simply concentrates his mind to return to his old self. 

It was always weird to me that she wasn't involved at any capacity at all during the NESTS saga in the games. 

What about the sudden appearance of the Tekken team in like 97 or 98? 😁

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

What about the sudden appearance of the Tekken team in like 97 or 98?

That was 96. 97 is funnily enough one of the most straightforward adaptations. Only real difference is that Yamazaki helps CYS while Yashiro and Shermie fuse with Chris to form Orochi. And I don't remember much of 98 except that it's all in Shingo's imagination. 

It's also why CYS re-incarnated in Zillion as when Orochi was sealed, he no longer had a host so all three of them returned to Earth. However this does lead to Chris getting kidnapped by NESTS and them managing to copy his data which split his regular self from his Orochi persona  creating clones of Orochi that Fio takes down while saving King's brother, who is being made into the next Orochi host. 

1 hour ago, N-Tactix said:

That was 96. 97 is funnily enough one of the most straightforward adaptations. Only real difference is that Yamazaki helps CYS while Yashiro and Shermie fuse with Chris to form Orochi. And I don't remember much of 98 except that it's all in Shingo's imagination. 

It's also why CYS re-incarnated in Zillion as when Orochi was sealed, he no longer had a host so all three of them returned to Earth. However this does lead to Chris getting kidnapped by NESTS and them managing to copy his data which split his regular self from his Orochi persona  creating clones of Orochi that Fio takes down while saving King's brother, who is being made into the next Orochi host. 

Yup!

See it's stuff like this that makes me say how much better the KOF manhua is than regular fighting game stuff. It's written way more like an on-going comic and has a huge cast of characters.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

See it's stuff like this that makes me say how much better the KOF manga is than regular fighting game stuff. It's written way more like an on-going comic and has a huge cast of characters.

People make the mistake of thinking the manhua are just the "WTF?" moments again and again when those moments are rare and far in between. 

I've said it before but the climax of the 00 adaptation where each of the teams one by one try to stop Zero ending with the cast coming together to share one last moment together when they realise they can't avert Southtown's destruction is great and better than the actual game. Especially where Terry comes over to say that he respects K' in what's a bookend moment with the first SNK hero recognising the (at the time considering the bankruptcy and ignoring Rock) final SNK hero while Ryo gets closure with King. 

Also Candy's dying words to Kula about how if she ever doubts her purpose and whether what she is doing is right, that she should follow what her heart says as her grief causes a blizzard (Kula throughout the manhua seems to not understand why she needs to kill K' and Maxima and feels an affinity for them, especially K')

Edited by N-Tactix
1 hour ago, N-Tactix said:

People make the mistake of thinking the manhua are just the "WTF?" moments again and again when those moments are rare and far in between. 

I've said it before but the climax of the 00 adaptation where each of the teams one by one try to stop Zero ending with the cast coming together to share one last moment together when they realise they can't avert Southtown's destruction is great and better than the actual game. Especially where Terry comes over to say that he respects K' in what's a bookend moment with the first SNK hero recognising the (at the time considering the bankruptcy and ignoring Rock) final SNK hero while Ryo gets closure with King. 

Also Candy's dying words to Kula about how if she ever doubts her purpose and whether what she is doing is right, that she should follow what her heart says as her grief causes a blizzard (Kula throughout the manhua seems to not understand why she needs to kill K' and Maxima and feels an affinity for them, especially K')

Extremely well said. Honestly, 2000-2002 manga is REALLY good and enjoyable. The art is fantastic, the story is frenetic in the way a fighting game should be and you get GENUINE character moments unmatched by everything but the very best of Street Fighter's manga (which is far less prolific than what KOF offered)

Also yes 2000 in particular had a great ending. They made Zero an absolute terrifying MONSTER of a boss and it was awesome. When he finally got smashed and the life meter detector for him went to 0...then he just stands back up and the health meter refills because he's far too strong to be properly measured. Awesome moment. In fact, I think that was when Terry hit him with the Phantom Geyser wasn't it? Terry put so much power into it that his heart stopped...but then Zero punched him to restart his heart because he wasn't willing to let Terry die like a hero like that.

5 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I did this for fun, but I welcome any and all critiques for my SF6 Roster prediction.

FdudETl.png

Honestly way too few new characters. Base roster needs AT LEAST 4 new characters and likely closer to 8. A third of the roster should be new and another third should be returning that we haven't seen in a bit.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I actually want the next Street Fighter to have a large roster, but i know we wont get that 😩, and i also wish for some EX characters also they arent canon. They legit are some of the best characters out there. 

SF6 realistically has to launch with a good-sized roster. They totally bungled SF5 launch and roster-size is a BIG draw for casuals. Always has been.