Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, N-Tactix said:

A Rugal v Adelheid match up would be great. As far as the story is concerned, Botan might as well have never existed since Ash's reset meant that she's just a ordinary person as seen in XIII's ending. A shame since it has been rumoured that she and Shroom were going to be Ash's teammates.

But considering how Shen and Duo Lon regained their memories of Ash, it might be possible she regained hers though whether she's still loyal to Saiki or not is the question.

I was thinking that Botan might be killed by Rugal as soon he find out someone did manipulate his daughter.

I just hope Rugal's children isn't shove or thrown away by SNK after his reappearance.

And Rugal just doesn't care about them rather than attack them because of being on the opposite side,

9 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Now I wonder what would happen to his kids and to the one that manipulate Rose in the background

Adelheid should be a new 'hero' character of KOF so I hope that he's back in KOF15 too

As for their interactions with Rugal...I get major Baki/Yujiro vibes from Adelheid and Rugal...and that would be a great dynamic

Edited by YagamiFire
9 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

A Rugal v Adelheid match up would be great. As far as the story is concerned, Botan might as well have never existed since Ash's reset meant that she's just a ordinary person as seen in XIII's ending. A shame since it has been rumoured that she and Shroom were going to be Ash's teammates.

But considering how Shen and Duo Lon regained their memories of Ash, it might be possible she regained hers though whether she's still loyal to Saiki or not is the question.

Shen and Duo are my two big wants for returning characters. They're both great designs and Shen Woo is flat-out one of my favorite characters to play as in any fighting game ever (punch-dudes FOREVER!)...

...however, a slightly older Shroom is one of my dark-horse character adds I want to see. From the little we've seen of him with stealing Heidern's eyepatch and protection of Romello, he seems to have a lot of personality.

Of course, I also want to see the return of Krizalid

I always wanted to see how an interaction between Adelheid and Rugal would look.

Based on Adelheid's XI story, he doesn't have too many fond memories of Rugal. It makes sense that Rugal wouldn't have been around much since he was busy traveling the world. Magaki's win quote has him praising Adelheid's "innate" ability. If anyone knows Magaki, they know he goes out of his way to disrespect nearly everyone for fun.  Seems like most of those techniques came to him naturally.

Rose on the otherhand:

Tumblr: Image

Shows her Rugal side rather quickly once things don't go their way. She's not a dirtbag like Rugal, but we see that she's not above tapping into some violence. 

So many different possibilities. I'm just happy to have him in a game that isn't a dream match.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

So many different possibilities. I'm just happy to have him in a game that isn't a dream match.

Same, I've been waiting for this moment for decades (blargh, I'm gettin' old lol) so this is exciting. I really am hyped to see where all of this will go! SNK's been in a good place lately, XV is incredibly has been well received by the audience, so the future is looking incredibly promising!

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

Same, I've been waiting for this moment for decades (blargh, I'm gettin' old lol) so this is exciting.

4 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I'm just happy to have him in a game that isn't a dream match.

So much time wasted away from a favorite character in a video game because of "death".  So silly. I'm glad Capcom has taken its approach with its villains. We're not getting younger. I have about 10-15 years of excellent reflexes to paint the fence left.

2 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

To each their own, it's nice having Rugal back, but I enjoyed the range of stories and povs we got over the years while he was gone. One of KoF's strengths in narrative is the willingness to change focus and be able to break things into arcs.

One could also it's one of their weaknesses. The last good Arc they had was NESTS imo. Everything since has been all over the place.

The inclusion of a character like Rugal also would not have impacted the change in focus or the new arc with a little creativity. I just think it's a shame that one of the best FG villains ever has been MIA for decades in its own franchise.

6 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Of course, I also want to see the return of Krizalid

I hope if he returns, it isn't as an enemy/rival to K'. If his memories are of the original Krizalid, I think he definitely would have deserted NESTS and joined Whip.

Maybe a Kriz/Khronen/Angel team for XVI

I think Shen and Duo are extremely likely as season 2 DLC considering how they ranked high both in a fan poll and a one SNK made. 

@DaemosI'd say SNK mostly had a nice approach to their villains though one could argue that having a new boss every game was getting tiring by XIII. I think having them dead or defeated adds to its story. But SNK themselves admitted that killing off CYS and Kriz in their debuts was one of their biggest regrets. Makes me wonder how  CYS would be in NESTS or who their 4th member would be. 

Edited by N-Tactix

What made SNK's KOF work is that they clearly treated KOF a separate universe or a different parallel even it was a spinoff as they move forward in the late 90s to the 2ks instead of trying to make themselves vague as possible if it is a continuity or not, they learned from their massive mistakes from the early games and didn't push it through after that in KOF.

While the every succeeding lead in Capcom is trying to distance themselves from SF in the ground up but later force SF brand to everything because $$$$ even the intention in the ground up is to be a separate franchise, so the results was a convoluted mess onwards that Ono tried to make it interconnected as much as possible. 

Now the new threat to SF will be the current trend of trying something new and distance while others wanting at the same time to  morph it and become a capcom all star by wanting the actual Darkstalkers to be in SF main timeline. 

If they manage to introduce and incorporate one or two Darkstalker in a clever way in SF, it still going to be a mess for the succeeding DS characters then the whole establish conflict from the past wouldn't make sense anyway.  What's next Dante and RE characters? Then people will say "fighting game story doesn't even matter" lol as a usual excuse 

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Now the new threat to SF will be the current trend of trying something new and distance while others wanting at the same time to  morph it and become a capcom all star by wanting the actual Darkstalkers to be in SF main timeline. 

If they manage to introduce and incorporate one or two Darkstalker in a clever way in SF, it still going to be a mess for the succeeding DS characters then the whole establish conflict from the past wouldn't make sense anyway.  What's next Dante and RE characters?

That's not a threat. Actually that isn't even a factor or plausible issue. The vast majority of people that want Darkstalkers want them back in a new game of their own, same goes for other neglected Capcom games. RE and DMC fans would rather play their own games than have their characters guest appear in SFV/VI, Megaman fans would just want a actual MM game instead of a poorly managed unfair gacha etc

KOF doesn't have this issue because the series' they take inspiration from are already fairly grounded in setting. And with Athena, Kensou and the Ikaris: they are so radically different from their original personas that they might as well be original characters. The current saga is the exception and that's because SNK simply wrote themselves into a corner with how many fan favorites they killed off. 

Edited by N-Tactix
12 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

KOF doesn't have this issue because the series' they take inspiration from are already fairly grounded in setting. And with Athena, Kensou and the Ikaris: they are so radically different from their original personas that they might as well be original characters. The current saga is the exception and that's because SNK simply wrote themselves into a corner with how many fan favorites they killed off. 

Yeah I pointed that out because they...

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

What made SNK's KOF work is that they clearly treated KOF a separate universe or a different parallel even it was a spinoff as they move forward in the late 90s to the 2ks instead of trying to make themselves vague as possible if it is a continuity or not, they learned from their massive mistakes from the early games and didn't push it through after that in KOF.

And also the concept of Death, Resurrections and manifestation of spiritual being are already integral to their world just like MK in a way Unlike SF which is more establish to be grounded and less mysticism but more science and tech. So ends up that those kind of plot devices only works for the likes of Bison and Gill that used technology, science and mysticism combine, not including what if characters.

20 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

That's not a threat. Actually that isn't even a factor or plausible issue. The vast majority of people that want Darkstalkers want them back in a new game of their own, same goes for other neglected Capcom games. RE and DMC fans would rather play their own games than have their characters guest appear in SFV/VI, Megaman fans would just want a actual MM game instead of a poorly managed unfair gacha etc

It is going to that way Capcom used their franchise as a tool for cross promotion as much as before specially the crossover titles and SF being morph into one is likely to be one as the franchise had new sequel in so on.

incorporating Darkstalkers characters would convulate everything and make old conflicts meaningless and has no sense if there was a greater power that already existed living and walking among them since in the beginning.

5 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I hope if he returns, it isn't as an enemy/rival to K'. If his memories are of the original Krizalid, I think he definitely would have deserted NESTS and joined Whip.

Maybe a Kriz/Khronen/Angel team for XVI

I think Shen and Duo are extremely likely as season 2 DLC considering how they ranked high both in a fan poll and a one SNK made. 

100% agreed on all points.

Krizalid just needs a redesign to a non-NESTs costume. Since K' is very 'leather punk' it might be neat to have Krizalid invoke some design elements of 'bancho' in his look. It'd let SNK incorporate elements of his long jacket. Now, keep in mind, I don't mean a literal bancho gang school outfit, but something that takes design queues from that the same way K' isn't strictly 'leather bike punk' but takes design elements from it. A comparison would be someone like Virgil from Devil May Cry who has a very 'business-like' appearance. That fits Krizalid very well since he's the more mature version of K' and this is especially appropriate since K' and Krizalid predate the whole "messy silver hair vs slicked back silver hair' that Dante and Virgil also do.

Essentially, have Krizalid look a bit like Kazuya does here...

spacer.png

...but make the business attire a bit more 'ultra modern' with a high collar to evoke elements of his original design (and so he's not just business-suit guy)

Also!

I needed to point out an interesting thing dropped suddenly into the KOF14 manga...

Towards the end Krizalid returns as a shadow-warrior from Verse (along with the Orochi Trio, Goenitz and Zero) and, when he fights, he clashes with Kula and IMITATES HER ICE. At that point he has one hand of fire and one of ice (as well as one wing of fire and one of ice).

I am ALL for that. He could be the Gill of KOF and it's something KOF lacks in regards to powers.

spacer.png

Seriously check that out! Fire wing and ice wing with dual element hands Krizalid? HELL YES. Give that to me as DLC immediately. Kriz should have NEVER been killed off. Without a rival, K' flounders as a character and no one else fits the bill. Both Kula and K9999/Krohnen have been reformed and neither were a proper rival anyway. Krizalid? Shear perfection and you have the baked in drama with Whip and the two.

Edited by YagamiFire
On 3/21/2022 at 8:07 AM, YagamiFire said:

Boyos, my favorite fighting game boss is BACK!

They should have made regular Rugal, Vice and Mature a DLC team, and then Omega Rugal should have just been the unplayable boss version.  

On 3/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, N-Tactix said:

I forgot Verse and a good bunch of the XIV newcomers existed and would like to continue to forget they ever existed.

And least it GOT newcomers.  KoF15, despite it's massive roster, has, like, 2 newcomers.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

And least it GOT newcomers. 

And almost all of them are shit. Banderias, Xanadu, Luong, Antonov, Hein, Kukri and Mian were the only good ones. And it's telling that the best three of them were the only ones to return in XV. 

KoF15, despite it's massive roster, has, like, 2 newcomers.

Krohnen is a good redesign of a character with a more developed personality that actually redeems K9999, who I thought of as just a very half baked lazy "rival" character. Dolores is one of the best KOF newcomers since Oswald and Elizabeth and Isla is OK enough. I guess having Verse powers curses you with a terrible sense of fashion. 

I'd rather KOF make 2-3 newcomers every game and focus on adding characters from other games. XI was the game that had that balance best fulfilled. 

Edited by N-Tactix

4 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

Krohnen is a good redesign of a character with a more developed personality that actually redeems K9999, who I thought of as just a very half baked lazy "rival" character. Dolores is one of the best KOF newcomers since Oswald and Elizabeth and Isla is OK enough. I guess having Verse powers curses you with a terrible sense of fashion. 

Yeah Kronen was one of the good redesign most of the disagreement on his redesign were just strongly nostalgia, Yeah Dolores was one of the best new comers in the game

They should have made regular Rugal, Vice and Mature a DLC team, and then Omega Rugal should have just been the unplayable boss version.

That would be the perfect team for Rugal. Even them as NPC for boss Rugal would had been great.

20 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I know where red and yellow come from, but blue hair ever been shit (even back to 999)

I think the reason the hair colour is as glaring as it is is because the yellow is too bright. 2k1 K9999 in sprites and official art had it be more orange/mango-like and the blue darker. And the red throws everything off. They should have made Krohnen's hair more like Luong or Nakoruru's hair colour.

Wide range of colored hair are always been an essential to the design of KOF characters even in the mid 90s.

You'll see character hair color with RED, ORANGE, BLUE and etc more often in KOF characters design from begining compare to SF.

So it's natural because it's alway been integral to the design not unsual. Like Iori, Shermie and LEONA.

7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Hmm, I dunno if that would work, they all legit hate each other and Vice and Mature have no reason to feign loyalty to Rugal anymore.  Also, it makes sense he's Omega Rugal by default since that's the form he died in and got crapped out by Verse.

35 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

LOOK AT HOW CUTE AND WHOLESOME THESE TWO ARE!!!

This is so adorable. I'm glad that Capcom hasn't tried to backtrack on "Hey as of SF3, Chun's a maternal figure!" but rather have embraced it. I never thought Li-Fen would get a name and much more focus, but I'm happy they're doing that. It's cool to see Chun progressing forward with her arc. I hope Capcom does more of that with folks.  For ages, I've looked at Heidern and thought his transformation into the man behind the scenes that investigates all the weird BS is wonderful!  Guile taking a similar role and founding a task force would be a coo way to keep him involved in the series even if he's not always on the ground in the thick of it.

5 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I think the reason the hair colour is as glaring as it is is because the yellow is too bright. 2k1 K9999 in sprites and official art had it be more orange/mango-like and the blue darker. And the red throws everything off. They should have made Krohnen's hair more like Luong or Nakoruru's hair colour.

The problem with it is that as general rule, creating a color scheme should be better avoid have all three primary colors in same shit,it steal a direction from it and make it feel bit basic/childish*

I agree get rid of blue hair could have fixed it easy and would have been my first pick too, but you can also remove red or yellow and could still fix it 

*of course you can pull it off, but usually needs clear design intention behind it 

ps: on reality Remy comparision was bit unfair, Remy's color scheme have good structure behind it (and good integration with SF3 rest of the cast color schemes), is just unpleasant to look at lol 🤣

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Like Iori, Shermie and LEONA.

It isn't about the fact that he has unnatural hair colour, it's about the fact that he plain just sucks. 

43 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Remy's color scheme have good structure behind it (and good integration with SF3 rest of the cast color schemes), is just unpleasant to look at lol 

The sprite for him looks off both in color and proportions. The shades they picked for him make him look like a cheap doll while in official art, the colours blend in better and he actually looks menacing the way Iori did and not some skinny twig. 

12 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

It isn't about the fact that he has unnatural hair colour, it's about the fact that he plain just sucks. 

The sprite for him looks off both in color and proportions. The shades they picked for him make him look like a cheap doll while in official art, the colours blend in better and he actually looks menacing the way Iori did and not some skinny twig. 

Yeah i'm talking strickly about color scheme (not only hair, the red pants choice was also strong but not necessary successful)

If we go on design/stylization choice we go open another can of worms lol

When did Blue and Yellow, Blue and Red or Red and Yellow became a terrible color scheme combination those were primary that has good contrast to each other and works always in harmony this are basic stuff.  Unless people are making stuff up. Haha

Those were even essential color combination that were reused over time from anime, comics and even flags because of being effective and its even one of the basics 101 understanding how color works. LOL

The only thing that would make Blue not fit to those combination is if its messing up the already establish color brand, ip or iconic dominant color palette of that character thats equivalent to changing the main dominant color of Luigi which has already a strong establish character identity not just a video game character but his pop culture identity. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The problem with it is that as general rule, creating a color scheme should be better avoid have all three primary colors in same shit

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I agree get rid of blue hair could have fixed it easy and would have been my first pick too, but you can also remove red or yellow and could still fix it

Saying clearly problem is have all three together, and that as couple they can work (pick blue would leave it as a couple, but as alternative also the removal of another of the three would have obtained same effect)

v

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

When did Blue and Yellow, Blue and Red or Red and Yellow became a terrible color scheme combination those were colors that has good contrast to each other this are basic stuff. Unless people are making stuff up. Haha

v

List the three couples combinations wich was never said to be the problem, but rather the solution lmao

Feeling bad for people that can't even read stuff they try shitpost about

Could explain even why the couple works and the trio is weak, but time would be wasted unless somebody actual worthy ask why lol

@everyone, as we did back to SRK i successfully avoided any contact with Shitunetsu and will continue to do so despite no ignore function, consider this just exception because poor guy tried to smart ass shittalk and end up having to eat his own dump lol

Nothing to see here, move on SFV story or whatever else 🤣

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Saying clearly problem is have all three together, and that as couple they can work (pick blue would leave it as a couple, but as alternative also the removal of another of the three would have obtained same effect)

Clearly you don't understand how the BASIC of COLOR COMBINATION works if you see the three combine is a terrible combination or hard to work with HAHA

I clearly state of all of them being together not just the two of them LOL

20 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

List the three couples combinations wich was never said to be the problem, but rather the solution lmao

Feeling bad for people that can't even read stuff they try shitpost about

Could explain even why the couple works and the trio is weak, but time would be wasted unless somebody actual worthy ask why lol

@everyone, as we did back to SRK i successfully avoided any contact with Shitunetsu and will continue to do so despite no ignore function, consider this just exception because poor guy tried to smart ass shittalk and end up having to eat his own dump lol

Nothing to see here, move on SFV story or whatever else

I'm the one that avoided you here in the beginning and never called you up as soon as you flood the thread to annoy and you even tag a dummy troll account in your early post here to ally you that did send me tons of annoying messages before in SRK, Discord and even here which I purposely ignore

And I didn't bring anything about SRK here nor mentioned about SRK issue but this ONE IS BASIC STUFF for god sakes, It's not a personal attack or something that is to bringing a past argument. You can continue to argue a in a right way and persist that those THREE combination doesn't work while prove me wrong BUT YOU CAN'T because you realize your wrong and your making things up, So you resort to this clownery and sh!tposting immediately

If you don't know what you talk about you just move on or ignore if you can't agree. This are basic norm in a forum clearly I didn't even tag you or quote you I'm just pointing out an obvious wrong that were CLEARLY BASIC and FACTUAL things about those three COLORS here but you can't deal with a proper way and always hate criticism.

Speaking of SRK, Your always been a PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL that always resort into making stuff up or using jargons that you have heard from me and others which sometime you have no idea of what your talking about other than using those words and terms to gatekeep others or to make people agree on what you want. Until I engage with you to point out your errors that I notice that are made up stuff and those misused. 

But you hate criticism and correction because it destroys the FACADE OF SUPERIOR PERSONALITY YOUR TRYING TO IMPLY onto others. So you failed countless times against me that the more you reason out the more it show your don't understand the more you resort to make up things. So it just stacks up that you end up pretending to ignore you but do still answer and response to my arguments of pointing your wrongs and misinformation because you can't handle your own ego. So it backfires regardless of you hiding. You can't even stand in your claims about how things work and just changing depending on the person you want to ally with. lol

I have been in 2 generation of decade of STORYTHREAD and in fact one of the two person that has been the longest part in the STORYTHREAD that remains active today. Your the first one from the 3RD generation that I have an issue with because of you can't handle criticism from made up stuff that you persist.

I won't stomp down onto your level of clownery, that result to either made up or insults. It reflects the loser of you and you lost this one again because you failed to know the basic. I even purposely did explain this in a layman approach without complicating it by just giving simple examples like FLAGS even they are BASIC because I know your PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Nothing to see here, move on SFV story or whatever else 🤣

Oh FIRST you want to be IGNORE of your rant But brings up an unrelated discourse that I clearly moved on, because you can't deal with proper arguments

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

And that will help anybody was'nt old guard srk understand why i will ignore the douchebag lol 🤣  

FIRST you ask to be IGNORE then now your CRYING FOR ATTENTION because of criticism and argument regarding 3 color combination? As usual crybaby fragile ego cestus. Looks like your the one that is weak not the 3 color combination.

Your always QUICK TO EAT YOUR OWN WORDS as usual and contradicting yourself. What surprises me that now it's faster and only took just two comments. 

AND Hey I AM THE 2ND most active and oldest in the bunch of old guard of the storythread and my arguments begins with you after all my years being in story threads. 

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Anybody else wanting discuss character design, no problem will be a pleasure, me threating him like shit and ignore his posts is hilarious method we needed back to old forum

And Nah, Your TRASH you just hate proper and right criticism, Because it destroys the superficial FACADE OF SUPERIORITY AND AUTHORITY YOUR TRYING TO IMPLY onto others. 

I have been in multiple creative forums but your someone stuck here in story thread that can tolerate your pretentions because your PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL type reasoning  that can easily be destroyed and the fake impression you want with other people that why you need to befriend or discredit others instead with made up stuff instead dealing with their arguments.

I explained as LAYMAN way here as possible because you have so much difficulty working and understanding with those three color combination that might be a can of worms things to you to think about. Clearly I have move on with any conflicts but your the one that RESORT QUICKLY to old discourse that makes you a LOSER. LOL

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Could explain even why the couple works and the trio is weak,

Lol, Those three combination were WEAK? You don't know how basics things works? I have already give layman examples to you refer and terms, yet I like to keep PSEUDO INTELLECTUALS as dumb and pretentious as usual so they are easy to spot on. HAHA

Edited by Shakunetsu
8 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I was waiting for Luke to intervene the fight of Akuma and Orochi haha

The Stage shown in that video was another interesting take on SF2 Bison Thailand Stage

NNKQ7yw.png

It reminds me of the other iteration from SF4 aftermath video featuring Viper

But the KOF one looks better

tslk7qd.png

6 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

This is factual. Remy looks awesome in official art and laughably bad in sprite form. He's the only terrible sprite in SF3

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

This is factual. Remy looks awesome in official art and laughably bad in sprite form. He's the only terrible sprite in SF3

My two cents about how the sprite should have gone if we want stick to final design

-darker hair, less volume (making head less heavy on the line)

-give him a chin, mouth, darker eye (overal stronger and more serious face)

-give him lats, still lean

-more volume on legs, still lean but not comical

-some pixel taller, on general more vertical figure

-red being bit different and bit darker

This is just cheap 5 min photoshop, did'nt done actual legit sprite edit, so it's much easier as i did'nt had to find solutions using pixels and strict color palette, but still i think it give an idea of what i'm saying above

REMY-EDIT.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III
19 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Also @DarthEnderXbruh you can't be "Captain Everyone's Here" AND complain about a lack of newcomers to a franchise

You know what?  That's a good point.  Fewer newcomers means more returnees.  Forget I complained!

19 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Thought you hated them 

The South American team was great!  The China Team and Special Invite team were lame.

14 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Hmm, I dunno if that would work, they all legit hate each other and Vice and Mature have no reason to feign loyalty to Rugal anymore.

Well, I really wanted Vice, Mature and Yamazaki to form Team Earthly Kings.  But Yamazaki is on Team Southtown.
I'll accept Vice, Mature and Gaidel though.

14 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Also, it makes sense he's Omega Rugal by default since that's the form he died in and got crapped out by Verse.

I thought Omega Rugal was just a form that he could turn on and off.

Edited by DarthEnderX
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

The South American team was great!  The China Team and Special Invite team were lame.

I mean for the everyone is here thing, as more new imply less returning 😄

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

That stage should've made a canonical appearance in the series!!! Or as an Alternate to the one in SF5.

Even easier i would have appreciated get some stages from ASF, for Bison would have been nice get the crumbling ASF version of his stage (final battle with Ryu) without the silly background characters (pink ninjas and robots) ruining the atmosphere

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'm honestly surprised Capcom doesn't use more characters from Slam Masters, it is in the same universe as Street Fighter. But we got Rival Schools so anything is possible 

They're recognized as canon in many ways, but they can't make any kind of cameo due copyrights issue

You can even mention them, example Gief mention Ortega in one SFV win quote, but they can't be shown

On 3/24/2022 at 1:32 AM, DarthEnderX said:

I thought Omega Rugal was just a form that he could turn on and off.

That could be the case, but since he died fully powered up and was resurrected for an unknown time, it could be that he just stayed in that form permanently and wanted to find a way to be stronger in it as well (he definitely seems to have new moves and looks to have updated his sight orb). Kind of like how in DBZ the saiyans spent days remaining in their SSJ forms even when not in battle or training just so it would feel more normal, get used to and eliminate the strain, so it was easier to build up from there? If we look at Rugal here in XV, he's got a blue eye and is acting like his original self but with his Omega powers. He's not more aggressive like in his KoF98 intro or monstrously powering up like that game's winpose and he's not disheveled like in his KoF 95 fight.