Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

While i agree she likely should not be considered canon in SFA3 and as general rule i want to agree with the concept of Ingrid in SF never becoming a thing canon wise, we can't use different card color as way to say she does'nt exist in SF world

Darun have the blue card of SFEX characters, yet he's officially part of SFV canon, keeping for Zangief the chess piece

This alone makes that blue card Darun exist in SF world, and with him being a thing is at least possible that rest of SFEX cast does too

Reality is Ingrid having red card keep SF safe only till the day some Capcom guy with decisional power chose she should become a SF char

Essentially i agree with you, but at same time i suggest to don't trust that much these cards color

That's the trend i hate most, they became bitches and betrayed a very core part of classic SF

Worst part is when they even made up bullshit reason to support the unknown, see Falke that they clearly wanted to have german theme so "Takayuki Nakayama stated that Falke knows German because the Shadaloo facility she was kept was in an area where German is spoken"

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, just make her from Germany

In another obscure -german- blog post they confirmed her to be of german descent, but still... i REALLY hope to see them to grow out of this politically fake correctness bullshit

Btw, SFV newcomers mixing confirmed info and ones where you have to follow hints

-Rashid: UAE

-Necalli: Atzec empire, modern day Mexico

-Fang: China

-Laura: Brazil

-Kolin: Ukraine, possibly Kiev

-Ed: Unknown, sounds american because time passed with Rog, we ignore where he was kidnapped from

-Abigail: Canada

-Menat: Egypt

-Zeku: Japan

-Falke: Germany, and fuck you capcom

-G: His Uncle Sam/Lincoln gimmick scream America, but we can't trust his farce neither him declared to be from there

-Kage: he's literally a piece of Ryu, so technically Japan

-Lucia: USA, of puerto rican descent

-TrannySeth: Shadaloo labs

-Akira: Japan

-Luke: USA

As a somewhat Falke fanatic, I can and will confirm that she’s from Germany and is just not "of German descent".

ZjwZPK9.jpeg

Her default outfit literally has the colors of the Germany flag and she literally has a German name¹, speaks German and everything German just for them to say "Falke is of German descent". In my personal opinion, Ed and G gets a pass with the whole "Unknown" birthplace. Like they've could have also made her birthplace to Shadaloo if they didn’t want to take the whole Germany route, or they could've made Falke Ed's actual biological sister since Capcom wants to push the whole "sibling-like bond/older sister" even though they kinda write her off as if she has feelings for him beyond a brother. But Capcom don't listen to us very well. 

¹For those who would like to know, Falke's name is German for the word "hawk" or "falcon". It could also mean a warmonger or a hardliner [basically a strict person or a person with a strict view on someone].

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah I redid several existing characters. It's was funny because some of them ended up being in SFV later on. With Sagat and Sakura, I hurried to get something out to see how close I'd get my move sets to what Capcom would actually do I even did a version of Ingrid. I made her Icelandic. I only really did that one because I saw how much @Miðgarðsormliked her character. He actually helped me, as with several other of my characters, with some of my translations. I used to run stuff by him before he got so busy.

I haven't touched it much lately but I have a thread here. Everything I've done, that's finished, is there.

Well I just read your concept for Juni. I think it would be a good take for Juni's story now since she’s out of Shadaloo and is now training for Delta Red. Although I believe the memory loss part would have fitted Juli more 

7 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Well I just read your concept for Juni. I think it would be a good take for Juni's story now since she’s out of Shadaloo and is now training for Delta Red. Although I believe the memory loss part would have fitted Juli more 

I like my SF3 version of Juni from page three of thread better. I fleshed out her origin at bit more. Honestly, that's usually my favorite part is the origins. Especially when If feel I have a good idea. The move sets, especially as created more concepts, became increasing time consuming at a bit frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I like my SF3 version of Juni from page three of thread better. I fleshed out her origin at bit more. Honestly, that's usually my favorite part is the origins. Especially when If feel I have a good idea. The move sets, especially as created more concepts, became increasing time consuming at a bit frustrating.

I also like reading the origin parts. I assumed that this version of Juni would have retain her memories by now (or some of them), compared to Juli (i thought that Juli being somewhat cold-hearted and leaning on mental instability/or have memory loss or false memories implanted in her would give her more of an edge story or personality-wise) instead of just giving them both amnesia since they tend to have the same of everything, but it's not an overall bad idea. 

6 minutes ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I also like reading the origin parts. I assumed that this version of Juni would have retain her memories by now (or some of them), compared to Juli (i thought that Juli being somewhat cold-hearted and leaning on mental instability/or have memory loss or false memories implanted in her would give her more of an edge story or personality-wise) instead of just giving them both amnesia since they tend to have the same of everything, but it's not an overall bad idea. 

I based it on what they had after they were freed. Juli has T.Hawk, her father, and the Thunderfoot. Juni, in my concept, refuses to remember her past because she thinks she assassinated her parents.

Edit: To keep from double posting. I sort of put myself in a bind with my concepts. As I went a long I made them more detailed which made harder to do. I went from listing moves with basic descriptions to giving them frame data, damage values, etc. Then more I made to harder it became to make them unique from a moveset stand point. V-Skills and V-Triggers were a complete pain in the ass. Overlap was just unavoidable after a while.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I based it on what they had after they were freed. Juli has T.Hawk, her father, and the Thunderfoot. Juni, in my concept, refuses to remember her past because she thinks she assassinated her parents.

Edit: To keep from double posting. I sort of put myself in a bind with my concepts. As I went a long I made them more detailed which made harder to do. I went from listing moves with basic descriptions to giving them frame data, damage values, etc. Then more I made to harder it became to make them unique from a moveset stand point. V-Skills and V-Triggers were a complete pain in the ass. Overlap was just unavoidable after a while.

Damn that sounds like a lot of hard work with the moves and stuff of that nature. However I enjoy the whole idea of this [I have only thought of ideas when they were newly freed and not have been freed or several months or years, yknow, them kinda adapting to their new environment sorta thing]. 

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Damn that sounds like a lot of hard work with the moves and stuff of that nature. However I enjoy the whole idea of this [I have only thought of ideas when they were newly freed and not have been freed or several months or years, yknow, them kinda adapting to their new environment sorta thing]. 

It is hard work but when are finished a concept it feels worth, at least to me.

2 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Her default outfit literally has the colors of the Germany flag

To be honest under design point of view alt colors are'nt as important as color #1, the one that is the standard appearance of the character canon wise

So Falke's costume main color is blue (wich seem main color of Neo Shadaloo), wich does'nt link to german black-red-yellow flag

BUT they did this, wich is a strong stance in that direction, Falke's energy indeed have german flag colors

Anyone notice Falke's moves are associated with the German Flag's colors? -  Album on Imgur

Colors are'nt ever used to link to national flag (often are just representative of the character or classic color associated with him) but sometimes they do, decent examples being Laura energy having brazilian flag colors or Lucia american ones

Street Fighter V Laura Matsuda Images and Video Show Moves, V-Skill, V- Trigger

Street Fighter V Champion Edition, nuova edizione definitiva (?) del  picchiaduro Capcom – Recensione - SpazioGames

Edited by CESTUS III
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It is hard work but when are finished a concept it feels worth, at least to me.

I most definitely enjoyed reading about them. Do you stil do them ?

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

To be honest under design point of view alt colors are'nt as important as color #1, the one that is the standard appearance of the character canon wise

So Falke's costume main color is blue (wich seem main color of Neo Shadaloo), wich does'nt link to german black-red-yellow flag

BUT they did this, wich is a strong stance in that direction, Falke's energy indeed have german flag colors

Anyone notice Falke's moves are associated with the German Flag's colors? -  Album on Imgur

Colors are'nt ever used to link to natianal flag (often are just representative of the character or classic color associated with him) but sometimes they do, decent examples being Laura energy having brazilian flag colors or Lucia american ones

Street Fighter V Laura Matsuda Images and Video Show Moves, V-Skill, V- Trigger

Street Fighter V Champion Edition, nuova edizione definitiva (?) del  picchiaduro Capcom – Recensione - SpazioGames

I know, but Capcom has pointed out that when she activates her V-Trigger, they usually have the German flag colors. It's a nice detail to point out but I normally don't pay attention to them and usually see them as nice effects for the game, i was more big on her default costumes' pallette color, its kinda similar to how Chun-Li’s default costumes has the colors of the Chinese flag even tho it has no ties to their backgrounds. Just interesting details to consider. 

Edited by sKreetFighteZ
1 minute ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I most definitely enjoyed reading about them. Do you stil do them ?

I know, but Capcom has pointed out that when she activates her V-Trigger, they usually have the German flag colors. It's a nice detail to point out but I normally don't pay attention to them and usually see them as nice effects for the game, i was more big on her default costumes' pallette color, its kinda similar to how Chun-Li’s default costumes has the colors of the Chinese flag.

Fact is that these colors are'nt picked casually, but they search something significative for the character, and are'nt even much part her basic scheme... so her having german flag colors (like some others got flag colors) with all german hints we got, is definitely intentional and to some extent canon as it's the "official" combination of colors that have been picked to identify the character

As absurd it sounds color choice for VT in SFV is been part of character design, no doubt

On other hand alt colors are'nt random (reason i'm even making series of collages with color+inspiration for it), but are'nt canon nor necessary representative of the character... easiest example we have plenty of non green skin Blankas as alts, but none of them is canon as Blanka canon wise will ever be green-skin

The canon look of the character, the one where they will spend days studying on, will ever be Standard #1, followed by Story #1 wich is still canon.

On Battle #1 i start to have doubts already lol

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Fact is that these colors are'nt picked casually, but they search something significative for the character, and are'nt even much part her basic scheme... so her having german flag colors (like some others got flag colors) with all german hints we got, is definitely intentional and to some extent canon as it's the "official" combination of colors that have been picked to identify the character

As absurd it sounds color choice for VT in SFV is been part of character design, no doubt

On other hand alt colors are'nt random (reason i'm even making series of collages with color+inspiration for it), but are'nt canon nor necessary representative of the character... easiest example we have plenty of non green skin Blankas as alts, but none of them is canon as Blanka canon wise will ever be green-skin

The canon look of the character, the one where they will spend days studying on, will ever be Standard #1, followed by Story #1 wich is still canon.

On Battle #1 i start to have doubts already lol

I always thought the color schemes were just "for fun" or just to add more flair to the character's costume aha, however some color schemes come from different games they've been in. Speaking of color scheme, I wonder if Capcom could explain why Chun-Li’s wearing a peach colored qiapo as her character portrait but in game is blue. I always thought of it as a "special qiapo" of sorts or something like that.

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The SF timeline has all kinda shit going on. If I'm not mistaken, Captain Commando is part of the timeline too lol

At first it seemed like that was indeed so:

-Game set in 2026 Metro City

-Ginzu / Sho is a successor of Bushin-ryu like Guy

-You can find busts of Haggar in the game

but as of SFV, Yuta, Ibuki's friend who appears in her win poses and intros has some interesting info in his bio. It states that he likes to use Jennety / Mack the Knife when playing Captain Commando in the arcades and can clear it on one quarter.  This opens up some possibilities;

-Captain Commando is a fictional property in the Street Fighter Universe and all the previous links to Metro city are just to make it all the more real for fans of the game.

-There is a Captain Commando but he licensed his likeness to whoever made the games in the SF verse

-Point 1, but he happens to exist in an alternate universe or something.

I think it's more likely that it's the first option and would prefer either that way or the alternate universe method. I absolutely love Captain Commando and I think, like Darkstalkers, it's more free to go wild and crazy without having to worry about fitting into the world of SF. Captain Commando has an alien warlord who's been sowing tragedy for a decade on earth or so, Dr. Hoover/ Baby Head has a communicator that can understand the "millions of languages of the cosmos", and Jennety is an alien mummy with knives that can melt anything. It's so wonderfully sci-fi, but to put it into SF would force either property to have to make changes; You either have SF just accepting that at some point after SF3 & SF6, aliens start popping up, the rich travel to distant planets for leisure, and all the heroes lose against Scumocide, so the world is in peril until 2026. OR you force Captain Commando into SF's formula and tone down a lot of the weirder fun elements so it doesn't mess with SF's aesthetic too much.

Captain Commando licensing his image in the SF universe doesn't work either because the furthest game in the timeline so far is 3rd Strike, sitting at 1997 or so. So if Yuuta is accustomed to playing it, that means a Captain Commando has to be alive and operating, but the game greatly dramatizes his life since society had to deal with Bison for decades and to our knowledge, no aliens invaded.

One headcanon idea I've had for ages that I enjoy, is that Ken has a production company and made a series for Mel's entertainment. He knows Cody & the heroes of Metro city, and since it's a hub of history that many people know, he set the events there. In the manga, Cap aka Mars Carlisle, is a rich blond guy who wants to make the world a better place. You could see Mars as Ken's OC. He knows Guy is Bushin-Ryu, so he could be inspired by that and everyone loves ninjas. Heck, Scumocide could just be his take on Bison.

As a bonus the reporter in the manga, Sarah, has a coworker who looks EXACTLY like Cody from SFV:

Also, I'm gonna keep this brief, but unless Capcom retcons thing drastically, Luke is NOT Captain Commando. All they have in common is being blond martial artists.

-We know Luke's full name and it doesn't match with Mars Calisle

-Mars is a martial artist, but he's never demonstrated ki manipulation while his best friend, Sho, has.

-SFV & SF6 Luke have hairstyles that don't match anything Captain Commando has had

-Luke's got blue eyes, Mars has emerald

-Cap has normal sized forearms, no facial scars and no tattoos

-Unlike Luke Cap has never served in the armed forces

-Luke's father was a normal dude while Cap's father was a genius inventor that started Star electronics

-Mars was born in 2020 and is 26 by the events of the 1st game while Luke is at least 21 in SFV which is in the 90s (1996?)

46 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

The thing to keep in mind with characters like Falke and Ed is that they will absolutely have genetic heritage based on the origin of their DNA...but they are lab-grown and therefore do not truly have a 'home country' like a typical world warrior.

So where did their culture come from? Does Bison artificially imprint it into their heads during the brainwashing process? This man has thought of everything, he's a genius!

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

The thing to keep in mind with characters like Falke and Ed is that they will absolutely have genetic heritage based on the origin of their DNA...but they are lab-grown and therefore do not truly have a 'home country' like a typical world warrior.

Yeah. If you would think of it, it's still a mystery why Ed suddenly age up, it's clearly a genetic manipulation or engineering, same as the Gorrila.

But still Capcom didn't give straightforward answers about how Ed magically age up.

49 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Yeah. If you would think of it, it's still a mystery why Ed suddenly age up, it's clearly a genetic manipulation or engineering, same as the Gorrila.

But still Capcom didn't give straightforward answers about how Ed magically age up.

Yeah 100% genetically engineered to age-up. No different from the Clonetroopers in Star Wars

Of course, it'd be nice for this to be EXPLAINED by Capcom gonna Capcom when it comes to basic story structure and character info

20 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

I always thought the color schemes were just "for fun" or just to add more flair to the character's costume aha, however some color schemes come from different games they've been in.

I do it for fun,i'm not getting paid lol

But i'm huge SF fan and character design greatly interests me, looks for reference for alt colors help have a greater understanding of what their influences are and where they  go look for inspiration, on general helps understand why some visual choices are as they are

Plus recognize the original source make me appreciate things more, got some colors that felt weak then gained a different vibe once realized what are really about

20 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Speaking of color scheme, I wonder if Capcom could explain why Chun-Li’s wearing a peach colored qiapo as her character portrait but in game is blue. I always thought of it as a "special qiapo" of sorts or something like that.

Not 100% sure wich you mean but if is this

https://www.gamescore.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Street-Fighter-2-select-player.png

Guess could have been very first version and they fixed it soon after, you have versions of WW (with only 8 selectable chars) with normal blue Chun portrait

Reason may be is possible their first idea was peach, but later they realize blue was way to go, specially in terms of color schemes variety as whole cast

See here

http://nerdbacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/street-fighter_minimal01-300x300.jpg

Chun's blue helps the variety of starting 8 a lot

Then Sagat & Rog bring some more blue, but still Chun's scheme helps a lot

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Her card LITERALLY says Capcom Fighting All-Stars and NOT Street Fighter.

Believe me, create an argument for Ingrid's inclusion is last of my wishes

But if we want be objective this guy card say he's Street Fighter EX, wich many want to consider not canon(as events, i agree) and not existing(at this point as characters i disagree)... yet he's officially part of SFV canon, confirmed by capcom

ex00.jpg?h=3ecd9a85f1cb08e971e0f2888270a

18 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

- Captain Commando and SF timeline stuff -

Just my 2cents about this, two simple points about how stuff can be easily handled

-Without change anything else, just move Captain Commando events from 2026 to 2126... all that crazy sci-fi stuff would stay better there anyway

-If people working on SF6 really want hard link Luke to Captain Commando i guess they can go for a very soft link, made most of wink with not much substance like they did connecting Zeku to Strider imagery

@CESTUS IIII got side tracked with my Character Concept talk earlier. When you read Pullum, Darun, or Doctrine Dark's profile, Capcom makes it clear that they are Street Fighter characters. When you read Ingrid, Luke, and D.D.'s profile, they make no such proclamation. If they wanted them to be SF characters, they had three shots their and didn't take them. I am by no means an EX fan, but I took my L on the issue because Capcom made it clear that they are SF characters. They went out of their way to make a lot of characters that weren't considered part of the universe SF characters, yet did no such thing for CFAS characters. Given multiple of CFN profiles, I think their are over 200, over the course of several years. This was no accident. 

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I do it for fun,i'm not getting paid lol

But i'm huge SF fan and character design greatly interests me, looks for reference for alt colors help have a greater understanding of what their influences are and where they  go look for inspiration, on general helps understand why some visual choices are as they are

Plus recognize the original source make me appreciate things more, got some colors that felt weak then gained a different vibe once realized what are really about

Not 100% sure wich you mean but if is this

https://www.gamescore.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Street-Fighter-2-select-player.png

Guess could have been very first version and they fixed it soon after, you have versions of WW (with only 8 selectable chars) with normal blue Chun portrait

Reason may be is possible their first idea was peach, but later they realize blue was way to go, specially in terms of color schemes variety as whole cast

See here

http://nerdbacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/street-fighter_minimal01-300x300.jpg

Chun's blue helps the variety of starting 8 a lot

Then Sagat & Rog bring some more blue, but still Chun's scheme helps a lot

Yes her peach looking qiapo. Not that I find anything wrong with it, I personally love it, I was wondering what her qiapo was intentionally supposed to be peach then they messed up and it appeared to be blue and they just kept it. 

It's not about are likes and dislike or personal opinion of what should be canon or not should be canon.

Details presented right now is what is actual canon is regardless we like it or not, or what it was before. Captain Commando is from a far far future right now regardless we dislike it or their are better reason why it should not.

oaNn8BX.png

Same thing as with SFEX characters they are right now canon.

As of now Ingrid isn't canon there are clear recent indicators why isn't she. She could had been canon when Alpha Max was out but in the present case and present details she isn't. There was at some point SF2revival was considered canon.

That's the same case with what we previously considered before as canon regarding Charlie/Nash death and Gouken's existence status.

Cs59GHn.png

future info update retcon and recent detail determines the canonity of everything whether we like it or not. things can also abruptly change depending on the current leads priority and preference.

The questionable sources are media that just license Capcom brands and characters or used their brand or characters. Like Assassin fist and Udon works . Or if it's a Spinoff game.

Edited by Shakunetsu
23 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII got side tracked with my Character Concept talk earlier. When you read Pullum, Darun, or Doctrine Dark's profile, Capcom makes it clear that they are Street Fighter characters. When you read Ingrid, Luke, and D.D.'s profile, they make no such proclamation. If they wanted them to be SF characters, they had three shots their and didn't take them. I am by no means an EX fan, but I took my L on the issue because Capcom made it clear that they are SF characters. They went out of their way to make a lot of characters that weren't considered part of the universe SF characters, yet did no such thing for CFAS characters. Given multiple of CFN profiles, I think their are over 200, over the course of several years. This was no accident. 

Absolutely, i agree 

To me as far we know there's no reason to consider CFAS characters part of SF canon world 

What i'm saying is simply to don't stick too much on these cards because they "broke the rules" (at least the color one) already in the past 

Reality is if they will chose to put them in SF6 world, they will do it 

Personally i like the idea of Rook (could work pretty well as from scandinavian area) and Death wich looked AWESOME villain, wich i would love to see become nemesis of Cody (due him invading Metro City) the simple illustration of him solo extermination of Mad Gears Gang was cool af and would totally love canon wise see The Mayor having something cool to do 

D.D. was awesome then i discovered dude is from Japan and i got instant bored lol 

But yeah i DON'T want Ingrid in, specially if the story of her "power level" is'nt clear, i remember her being absurd powerful was some kind of misunderstanding (while at it if anybody can explain it, i'm curious), but still don't want that thing anywhere near the canon top10 lol

Edited by CESTUS III

Still going through all the manhua I got and wanted to share this image from the Capcom vs SNK series that highlights something we should ABSOLUTELY see in a game at some point...

spacer.png

Younger Akuma killing Gouken featuring long-haired pre-beads Akuma. I actually really dig that look. Akuma looks far more wild and savage before becoming more refined after defeating Gouken

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Sorta off topic, but they were going to make Captain Commando 3.75 action figures, but a few weeks ago, it got canceled.  I want Cap merch and I dunno if I'll ever get what I need...it hurts, man.

Update, so, I've never been happier to be wrong, but Stryker Wang reached out to me and apparently the toys are still happening, but something else was canceled!

18 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Still going through all the manhua I got and wanted to share this image from the Capcom vs SNK series that highlights something we should ABSOLUTELY see in a game at some point...

spacer.png

Younger Akuma killing Gouken featuring long-haired pre-beads Akuma. I actually really dig that look. Akuma looks far more wild and savage before becoming more refined after defeating Gouken

There was something similar in SFV sketches, guess was a "what if" abut Necalli being ble to actually absorb him

teputr2.png

On 3/6/2022 at 9:36 AM, YagamiFire said:

Yeah, that's what i hate of these characters

Focus too much of story takes waaay too many slots away from my dream of expand "World Warrior" concept... wich is pretty 90s thing, but still best way to do SF

Juri in SF4 was perfect way to do story heavy SF char... very big deal about story related powers, but still korean girl who does Tae Kwon Do, +1 piece to the main puzzle

"Every Time Street Fighter Says "Nationality: Unknown" there is a fairy  somewhere that falls down dead" - Peter Pan

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I was today years old when I learned SF Ex characters were canon even if the events in those games aren't necessarily canon. I learned alot of interesting shit in this thread, I'll say

It depends. Well, really the best way to look at it is that it seems like SF EX characters (at least some of them) exist within the canon SF universe but are separate individuals from the EX characters and events of their game canon. Same as Rival School characters in SF or Fatal Fury characters in King of Fighters

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I was today years old when I learned SF Ex characters were canon even if the events in those games aren't necessarily canon. I learned alot of interesting shit in this thread, I'll say

It's what @YagamiFiresaid, instead of having to explain conflicting events, Capcom made SF Universe versions of the characters. Its a way to have the characters without the lore/story conflicts. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What's with SSJ4 Akuma? Those Blanka like hair streaks is ridiculous.

Noticed that too, was like WTF 🤣

Cool detail is that now we got S5, i realized they recycled the concept of Akuma holding back to not harm the baby on his back, as likely was the starting point that gave them the idea for Oro fighting while holding his turtle

Felt stupid af back then, but i dig final result on Oro... who knows maybe would have made him somehow original/interesting and would have implied even some decent story twist beyond Akuma stronk japan stronk

Glad they didn't reuse the Alpha Ryu sprite, kinda wish they'd did that with Chun Li and Blanka too, although they technically did in part 2 with Chun 

Man, both those games were great, but I'll admit while CVS 2000 is technically inferior, it had some of the best music and THE best presentation I've ever seen in a fighting game. It just hit different 

Haven't seen that level of synergy in a fighter since then. I may have to find my Dreamcast and boot it up again 

Edited by HD-Man
7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think they're all a bit "too much" to be her default costume.

Chun Li is not Mai.

Plus redesign will try to show them aging 

Chun will be obviously still hot af, but the vibe may switch more toward hot asian milf lol 

I think a good bet would be them going closer to her CPT chinese dress 

Cammy iirc is younger+dna shit, so i guess they may keep her bit more youthful. 

But i would not be surprised if to lick boring west anus they will tone down sexy anime side and make her look more mature/modest too, with the excuse "it's more tactical now" (after all in that case nostalgia dlc will surely be there)

Hope DMC5 "realism" is not an indicator of how they will handle girls because Lady and Trish got downgrade from 4, and Nico or whatever does'nt even seem from a capcom/jap game

Lucky i think SF6 will be closer to Tekken, and TK handled well "realistic'" anime females

For other SF2ers i think Ken will/should go further into western fight sports vibe, just like V already did. Better if they keep the karate pants+belt to show where his roots are

For Guile they may go tactical route, fuck office desk life uniform... even if considering age, they may go more on Heidern or Trautman direction, whatever as long is better than V

Zangief should start show some gray streaks in his beard (hope they don't go full gray), they may consider something closer to his SFV story alt. Hope they don't cancel him to follow retard "cancel everything is russian" useless social trends, even if i'm sure marketing retards have considered it lol

Sagat and Dhalsim should keep the route they took in SFV

Fei Long may get something like

https://image.winudf.com/v2/image/ZmVpbG9uZ3dhbGxwYXBlci5tdWFuZ3JpdF9zY3JlZW5fMF8yY2pnNXYwYQ/screen-0.jpg?fakeurl=1&type=.jpg

Vega/Claw is still there may get reworked in lot of ways. Actually given his character they can play on him being obsessed over find a way to stop age lol

Rog i hope they will stick with the incredible redesign they gave him on V, but expect IF in (another at risk imho, SF6 will definitely have Dudley and Ed, two boxers) he may get more normal life kind of clothes (like gangster design)

Blanka if in (i doubt but who knows) will probably be more feral and furry lol

Honda, Dee Jay and T.Hawk i doubt will make it (even if i hope Honda will, because him or a successor, SUMO deserve to be in SF)

Edited by CESTUS III

I'm lowering my expectation to more grounded with the current zeitgeist and direction of interest whomever the leads prefer and not prefer.

I'm reposting this from another thread: 

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Do you guys remember Omega Mode in SF4? And how it foreshadowed changes to the character's design in SF5 (we didnt know at the time). What are the chances we get one for SF5 before SF6 is out? It'd be fun.

6 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't think they(current leads) would. Here is a history recap on the end of SF4 lifespan and how omega mode did happen.

•  From what I know before the OMEGA MODE was an idea by a team in Capcom in US not by Capcom of JP. 
  • It was even a struggle same as Decapre being added in the end of SF4 lifespan. Capcom JP wasn't interested in adding more content to SF4.

Take note. The guys in Capcom in Japan weren't the same guys in Capcom in Japan from the 90's those people already went to DIMPS and ARIKA. 

So because of that I don't the really take the argument that Capcom of Japan always at the best interest with Street Fighter or keeping it just like the 90s.  Or I don't the really take the argument that Capcom of Japan is doing the best for Street Fighter unlike their western counterparts/US Division. 

I used to hear that kind of arguments lately in forums  from the era of SF4 and SFV era that it was always Capcom US division or westerners that messed up SF and Capcom of Japan make things better because they are Japan. LOL.

I know we consider Capcom of Japan as superior for story and bio confirmation because the official source material should originate from them but for the other things, that's a very different argument and logic. So an Omega Mode is unlikely now because priorities, leads and control have change, because of the current strong hold now is Capcom of Japan now.

Whoever was responsible with the launching of vanilla SFV state was a disaster and likely the guys that give effort for OMEGA MODE weren't fine with it.

There were even a very forced the argument that time against the complain with SFV retail release like it was made to be like that because it wasn't supposed to cater the non-esport interested individual or isn't for non-competitive gamers. And I don't think that's the influence of the team behind SF4 Omega Mode and Decapre.

Take note. ONO wasn't a strong figure anymore after season 3, The so called radio silence might be something weird that suddenly happened after season 3, Ono was already out before Kage even been thought about. Season 3 was a one of the best season of SFV unlike Season 2.

Whoever gave the initiative to effort a whole new arcade mode and the season 3 with final fight characters in it all of a sudden aren't likely the one that felt okay with the debut SFV retail state. Or maybe they had a sudden change of heart haha.

Here's a conspiracy. The radio silence happened because of the major shake up in the company and hierarchy. 

Here is something to think about.

• Radio silence happened after Season 3
  • Ono wasn't an influential individual anymore in SFV even before the start of Season 4 DLC
  • Ono twits that he would ask the higher ups that people want something new for SF5.
  • At the some point SF as a brand full control was given to JP division again. I can't remember what year was that but it was during SFV lifecycle.
  • A Final Fight character wasn't initially intended to appear in SFV according to one of the interviews 
  • SFV lifespan support should had ended earlier. I can't remember the year exactly in the interviews but it was like 2020?
  • Capcom US division had loosen control to SF as a brand at the near end or middle of SFV lifespan

Edited by Shakunetsu
17 hours ago, Daemos said:

Have you seen J Lo at 50? Chun-li will be hot for centuries to come!

She will be, "aging" if we talk about hot women in japanese media is mostly a thing of attitude rather than physical 

Think her giving more classy/mature vibes and that's it

Btw i doubt Ryu even reached 40 and Chun is supposed to be some year younger, guess she will be max 35 (and age became kinda vague since they removed year of birth)

Edited by CESTUS III
7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

She will be, "aging" if we talk about hot women in japanese media is mostly a thing of attitude rather than physical 

Think her giving more classy/mature vibes and that's it

Btw i doubt Ryu even reached 40 and Chun is supposed to be some year younger, guess she will be max 35 (and age became kinda vague since they removed year of birth)

Street Fighter can be wishy-washy with their "aging"

I don't think they'll have the balls to age up/grey-hair they poster girl anytime soon. They gotta all the dough they can for their most marketable female character. 

She'll probably be wiser and more experienced. And I do agree that she'll be more classy and mature, but I do hope she doesn't lose that "jumping for joy + yatta" attitude of hers. That or at least present that endearing quality in a different way.

They gave Dhalsim a beard (which I think is a great decision and design choice) to make him look and feel more sage than before. They've allowed Karin and Sakura to grow up past their high school phase and into the workforce. And in the teaser for SF6, they looked to agged Ryu a little bit.

But then again, this is capcom, and they can be strange with the aging stuff, like growing and roiding out Ed from SF4 to SF5.