Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This only affirms my opinion that people making DMC5 call comparisons need to see their optometrist. DMC5 characters look like real people. SF6 characters are still stylized.  SF6 has a more realistic look but it doesn't have the photorealistic look of DMC5.

SF6's proportions so far look like SF5 but more refined. So they definitely stuck by the that art style but upgrading it to the next level or two. I don't mind this part at all as I think SF5 is one of the best looking entries in the series (except a few outliers that we all know about).

The textures, lighting, sweat, pores, this is the stuff that is a little off-putting for a long time fan for the series. Bodily fluids in 3D like that look too MK for me.

Edited by Daemos
6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF6's proportions so far look like SF5 but more refined. So they definitely stuck by the that art style but upgrading it to the next level or two. I don't mind this part at all as I think SF5 is one of the best looking entries in the series (except a few outliers that we all know about).

The textures, lighting, sweat, pores, this is the stuff that is a little off-putting for a long time fan for the series. Bodily fluids in 3D like that look too MK for me.

Now you have me thinking about how DOA literally marketed a game around their fighters sweating. 🤣

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

He looks like very much like Gouken around the time that Gouki left home the first time (before he killed Goutetsu). But hotter.

Gouken looked like this before Gouki killed Goutetsu.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ryu literally looks like Young Gouken. His design mirrors some of the concept art from SFIV.

I was trying to find Gouken's concept that resembles Ryu but then i found these:

spacer.png

Akiman also drew a picture of beard Ryu in the early 2000's, it's almost like they wanted to redesign him a long time ago but were afraid of the backlash from SF purists who want SF to remain SFII forever.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Either he learned fast af because he's the "special one" or events need him now, so he interrupted it mid-run 

Or as you say they simply ignore that 15 years line and make that he trained long enough lol

Or Oro and Ryu were never master and student to begin with. Oro's just as delusion as Sakura who keeps calling herself Ryu's disciple when he's never taught her anything.

3rd Strike

spacer.png

SFV

spacer.png

Oro's Ending for 3rd Strike

spacer.png

While at it, it would be nuts to also get a 3D collection down the line that features Tech Romancer, Rival Schools, Power Stone.... and potentially SF EX, too? I had lots of fun messing with that game's single-player modes.

SF6 is more of a "wait and see" thing, hope the eventual game doesn't look that grimy, but hey, at least they had the guts to finally put Ryu in a video game that's not Fortnite or Minecraft! The man even grew a beard after all these crossovers lol

Gimme Sean, Dudley, Maki and Eagle

Always got a Yoda and Luke thing from ESB in regards to Ryu and Oro where Luke/Ryu didn't really want help from Yoda/Oro after assuming them as being weak. I definitely don't think they've been training since SF3 because we never saw them even really fully interact, let alone agree to train together, so I think this bearded Ryu is just the result of him being under a long training period while Oro kept an eye on him. 

I'm trying to make a random guess of how long it's been since SF3 and I'm thinking we could be looking at maybe five or so years since SF3, or at the very least 2-4 years. Luke looks like a pretty well seasoned fighter now with his scars. Still confused as to where his tattoos have gone. I'm sure Capcom just decided to get rid of them but I can't help but wonder if there's more to it. I'm probably overthinking it though. 

Edited by Scotia

SF6 looks like its taking the art direction SF5 was supposed to go in, but they decided to go with the cartoonish style from SF4.

spacer.png

""During the prototyping phase of Street Fighter 5 it was a time where photo realistic graphics were very popular," he starts. "We actually tried out a very different style, but one of the things we learned very quickly was that the realistic proportions in this model actually made the game much harder to play. It was really easy to go away from this style and make the decision to keep the more exaggerated style for the game."

15 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

SF6 looks like its taking the art direction SF5 was supposed to go in, but they decided to go with the cartoonish style from SF4.

spacer.png

""During the prototyping phase of Street Fighter 5 it was a time where photo realistic graphics were very popular," he starts. "We actually tried out a very different style, but one of the things we learned very quickly was that the realistic proportions in this model actually made the game much harder to play. It was really easy to go away from this style and make the decision to keep the more exaggerated style for the game."

I'm really not seeing it honestly.

The Ryu from that trailer is the same Ryu from SFV with more details.

What I hate about time zones is that everybody has already said what I wanted to say...

It's too early to say but Ryu looks off in SF6, he looks stretched a bit and the textures do look off putting. 

Personally, I think the new logo looks like Scooby Doo's collar and just doesn't scream SF's usual gritty looks, "street" if you will. 

Edited by N-Tactix
5 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I'm really not seeing it honestly.

The Ryu from that trailer is the same Ryu from SFV with more details.

They’re going for a more realistic approach for the designs overall which could take away the highly exaggerated expressions  looks and movements we were used to in 4&5 like bulging eyes and muscles during characters supers. The bigger cartoonish hands and feet that SF models are used to having from the previous games may be gone as well in 6 due to the photorealistic changes. This may be the reason why they felt this version of the game might be harder to play due to the fact the lack of animated proportions changes the dynamic of judging hit boxes and spacing. 

Alright I've had time to digest everything and here's what my take away is...

First of all, the logo is straight-up embarrassing. No, beyond that...it's pathetic. I actually feel slightly insulted to be presented that as a serious thing

I like the general design of Luke and Ryu just fine but the proportions are not good and they look VERY rubbery...especially Ryu. Looks strange. Not sure why considering other RE engine stuff looks far more natural

I hate that Ryu just looks like shirtless, bearded Chris from RE6. He does not look like a skilled fighter..he looks like a caveman brute which will then force 'big' characters to be overinflated fatasses just like in SF5 and 6. I do NOT understand this obsession with super huge Ryu. It is coming off as absolutely pathological at this point as if it's some kind of bizarre fetish or inferiority complex. I don't get it. Just STOP, Capcom.

All that said, this is VERY early stuff. Like 'mock up' level so it's impossible to judge anything seriously other than to say "don't go down this road". There's all the time in the world for things to change.

As far as the ultra realism? Meh. Never been a fan for SF. This is closer to MK than Guilty Gear and MK looks WORSE than Guilty Gear by a big margin from character designs to aesthetic to animations...so I have a knee-jerk reaction towards things like that. On the other hand, it also reminds me of Tekken and Tekken does really well with its style...so we'll see. Can it translate to SF characters? Honestly with the amount of vibrancy and color SF characters embody to make their designs work? Ehhh I actually doubt it.

So yeah, not calling doomsday on anything at all because that would be CRAZY premature, but still willing to call a spade a spade when it comes to the stylistic stuff I don't like.

Oh but I AM saying the logo is awful. We deserve an apology for that insult.

16 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Oh but I AM saying the logo is awful. We deserve an apology for that insult.

I think if the logo survives the Summer reveal, my concerns for this project will crystallize. As a person who's been working in branding for almost 13 years, I can tell you that no rational company would allow a logo like that to go public. Even if it was a placeholder, this is a big NO-NO. Absolutely embarrassing and they need to rectify it as soon as possible.

My other concern about realism is that it simply does not age very well. Every SF game, including 4 and 5 have somewhat retained  some of their charm from release over the years and that is precisely because they are NOT photorealistic. Turning SF characters into Tekken-style characters is a novelty and should be reserved for Deviantart.

Having said that, I also don't think SF (from a marketing standpoint) should try to look like GG, it needs to do its own thing like in SF4 and SF5, but keep refining it and improving it because it is 100% unique to them. Please note, that I would love nothing more than an SF game that animates and looks like the SF2 Animated Movie, but I don't think this will happen unless there is a GG/SF cross over and it is made by Arc.

Edited by Daemos

@DaemosHonestly, if SF unveiled a video teaser that looked visually as close to Dragon Ball Z as Dragon FighterZ does in the art style of the animated movie and put "IN GAME FOOTAGE" on it, it would explode in popularity and people would not give a damn about Guilty Gear. Especially not normies. Yes comparisons would be made to both FighterZ and Guilty Gear inevitably, but people would go "YEAH BUT IT LOOKS COOL!" and would immediately stop caring.

No one cares when something is copied and looks great. Not really. Especially since it is directly a translation of something SF already did so it's not like its reinventing the wheel to 'imitate' GG when it's just going back to roots.

A teaser/trailer should wow people and unfortunately, visually, this teaser does not do that ESPECIALLY since it just invites comparisons to previous Capcom entries like RE and DMC. At least if it was in a 'cel' style it would create discussion of "Whoa! Can they make it look as good or better than GG/DBFZ?!" where-as this is just "Oh. RE engine. Neat"

Your branding insight is spot on and it's good to hear someone with experience echo my own (admittedly layman) take on the logo and its presentation.

If that was a placeholder logo. it would just an ordinary typeface being used for the word Street Fighter 6 and wouldn't bother to make it having monogram with initials of it.

From what I remembered KOF did that in one of their trailer which obviously pointed it out it was just a placeholder

unlike SF6 case that obviously they are trying to sell the new logo. 

Another thing why it's isn't just a placeholder is because they tried to style it with spray and splatter

dXFZi1x.png

34 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Especially since it is directly a translation of something SF already did so it's not like its reinventing the wheel to 'imitate' GG when it's just going back to roots.

Fair point. 🙂

I also looked at the sales of DBZ (the FG) and it actually outsold SF5 by almost 2 million. But MK11 sold 12 million (twice as many as SF5). Granted SF5's reputation was marred by a terrible launch that it is a miracle that it clawed its way out this far and this well. 

So really if SF6 is gonna try to emulate anyone to increase sales, going more anime has its merits and with the way Capcom excels at animating characters it would probably be jaw-dropping. I'm hoping that they try steer the ship this way from now until Summer because everyone already saw RE's photorealistic capabilities, their undeniable fidelity and beauty but can they do Street Fighter with its legacy of 2D art justice? I think it's worth a shot. Less pores and more brush strokes.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

if SF unveiled a video teaser that looked visually as close to Dragon Ball Z as Dragon FighterZ does in the art style of the animated movie and put "IN GAME FOOTAGE" on it, it would explode in popularity and people would not give a damn about Guilty Gear. Especially not normies.

Strive has been a better and funner game to play in its few months than the entirety of SF5's lifespan.

On top of that it'll do a reveal while a game that's turbo fun is releasing.

I love SF, but Capcom already dropped the ball 3 times with one wack ass "teaser". The gameplay would've been better. That photo realism  stuff, like Daemos said, is going to age like a sack of potatoes. If I wanted dumb tryhard models, I'd play MK games. I'd like SF to go back to looking good like they did in 3S and the Alpha series. 

Only thing hindering anime games is people psyching themselves out thinking that SF's pace means they'll do better. Even then they play NRs games which are hella anime.

We'll see but boy did they start off wrong.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ryu's 85 kilos though....

Tbh i think if they bother update the stats again from SFV i think new Ryu is going to be listed even heavier

Maybe they will not touch the 90 that psychologically will be perceived as him being big/slow dude instead the "balanced fighter" he's supposed to be... even if we are already used from SFV to see him as a static stocky motherfucker that strike like a truck

Would say they may go like 87/88 just to show got bit bulkier

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

I hate that Ryu just looks like shirtless, bearded Chris from RE6. He does not look like a skilled fighter..he looks like a caveman brute which will then force 'big' characters to be overinflated fatasses just like in SF5 and 6.

I disagree with multiple things going on with current Ryu design, including mass choice (and even more than that, the wide af facial structure)

But playing devil's advocate that seem the direction if we watch the Ansatsuken masters we can see right above him: Akuma is way bulkier than Ryu and Gouken is a fucking huge bearded boar

Guess if we go back to the river's source Hokuto no Ken used lot mass to express power

More than brute seems to me they're removing youthful/hero imagery from him and trying to lock him into some middle age Master side-role, wich i'm not sure it's good idea

Whole meaning of the teaser is show Ryu is the old gen

On positive side if the theme will be build a cast that play on contrast between old guard and new blood in theory would be cool... basically the innovation spirit of SF3 but without the shitty antagonization of the past

Problem is i don't trust them to design new great characters, specially if they have to stick to this new style and with head likely filled of western bullshit

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIIAs a massive HnK fan, I have to point out the HUGE difference here...

Check out someone like Kenshiro

spacer.png

Kenshiro is jacked AF but his proportions are LEAN. His broad shoulders create a V-shaped torso that leads to lithe, athletic legs that have superhero proportions so they are longer than normal (with a smaller head). This emphasizes both strength and speed. Kenshiro's arms are huge, but his shoulders are not gorilla-sized nor is his torso barrel-shaped like Ryu. Instead, he has a lean core of a fighter that can move.

Kenshiro looks like a classic image of a black & white Mr. Olympia. A physical superman. Current Ryu looks like a roided up caveman.

If SF went back to its HnK inspired roots it would MASSIVELY benefit SF in the art department.

In fact, check out current art in KOF15 and you'll see proportions WAY closer to Kenshiro above.

To be honest seeing how this was, from the beginning starting from Luke reveal in the last season.

I'm already convinced that the direction of SF6 will priority their own vision, The new guys are so into combat sports if your following their social media. So that pretty much give what kind final new character we will have in SFV, the thing is SF is more mysticism than UFC, Boxing and etc.

I even expect 50% new character or 40% new characters in the initial roster in my other previous post, the theme is kinda Garou like a new exploring protagonist. New antagonist organization not connected to shadaloo and secret society, the main old street fighter in the first season will be in the backseat of the story other than Ryu and Chun li. 

I don't really care of Ryu being on the backseat of the story because that's the spot where I want him to be and stay on, Someone that would be lookup into by others while not being the spotlight but I'm never been a fan of radically changing him time to time because it hurts his appeal and status quo.

I'm more worried in terms of stories with the rest of the cast like Alex, Sean, Ed, Remy and those that have significant roles and motivation the needs progression because it looks like they be on the sideline for the newer kids on the block.  

I am honestly totally okay with 50-60% new characters or even a bit higher. I have gone through enough nostalgia games. Either bring in some characters that have been missing a long time (Seriously, I want Remy back with a bit of a move touch-up and make him look like he does in his art) and bring in new characters. Keep some classic 'anchor' characters but push the series forward.

Garou, Tekken and MK have all successfully done it.

Then you can bring in some classics alongside new or reimagined characters as part of DLC to build hype

In terms of story, I hope we get a conclusion to the Illuminati arc (unless Urien's 3S ending was that conclusion and the start of the age of Urien?).

As awesome as G is, he's a fucking wacko youtuber. Is this really the main villain? He doesn't give off these vibes, at least not in his current presentation which admittedly is likely a facade to dupe and deceive people.

Also, if they would be so kind as to end the Neo-Shadaloo plot quickly, and put Ed/Falke out of their misery. These plot devices are boring already, do we really need to dedicate more resources to the entire crew? (Imagine Knife or that Gorilla in these sub-photorealistic graphics LOL). We know where this B or C plotline leads, and it's right back to the source!!!!

Anyway: 60-40 Old to new is a good launch ratio.

Edited by Daemos
24 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

@CESTUS IIIAs a massive HnK fan, I have to point out the HUGE difference here...

Check out someone like Kenshiro

Yeah, but i was'nt thinking at Kenshiro himself, but how mass is used to portray power and aging in HnK as a whole and told you may have influenced the development of Gouken/Akuma figures, NOT Ryu...

"But playing devil's advocate that seem the direction if we watch the Ansatsuken masters we can see right above him: Akuma is way bulkier than Ryu and Gouken is a fucking huge bearded boar

Guess if we go back to the river's source Hokuto no Ken used lot mass to express power"

again if we want use them as how an Ansatsuken Master age going into middle age/early elder age, they both are big motherfuckers

Gouken is just huge, Akuma just got larger/heavier looking in SFV

To use HnK example, we can look how they made old Masters in HnK... Ryuken and Koryu were fucking massive (and both inspiration for SF Gouken, bulk included), Jukei (who passed roids to Akuma) while not being as big was still a stocky motherfucker too  and his muscle mass got boosted when he was possessed

I absolutely AGREE with you with the analysis of Kenshiro being portrayed as a dynamic figure, the anime/manga "hero" of his world, wich lead me to latter part of what i said: on character design terms i think the move to a less dynamic/youthful figure is a clear move by Capcom to try push Ryu out of his "Kenshiro" status forcing audience (specially non-western one that would not like old looking, stocky, bearded protagonist) into look for a new hero figure

To me sucks, but this would lead to much larger analysis of options wich would end up much bigger than the post itself lol

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Garou, Tekken and MK have all successfully done it.

Garou formula was the best than T3 and MK9. 

Garou did it better than SF3, because Garou they went smaller scale like Fatal Fury that is about Terry and Geese in South Town instead of super secret organization the controls the world.

Because it cut off many of the things that complicate real bout like the scrolls and krauser by not rewriting them out the history but rather not discussing them because they are not relevant to the new protagonist journey and the newer cast that the player should follow . This was the problem in T3 because they continued Devil Gene with their new protagonist Jin instead of letting it died with Kazuya. This is the why SC5 also fail because of it's whole conflict and narrative is about the posses swords, Same with MK it will always go back to the conflict of netherealm and earthrealm.

T3 had the opportunity if they ended the devil gene story with Kazuya but instead they continued it to something that was supposed to be fresh and new.  So it continues to linger in the background  or to be tease of a plot being unresolved but will happen or return at some point because of the new protagonist. No Ogre and just a Son/Jin wants to take revenge for his fathers death. They could still killed off Jun like died on sickness or tried to be killed by Heihachi men. Shedding all mysticism in the story with Kazuya while also lowering the stakes.

I just hope the Satsu no Hadou version of protagonist is gone for good along with Kage, It was the best resolution but I feel sooner it would appear again because dark edgy version of protagonist characters sells. I just hope it's not the return of Evil Ryu anymore.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

As awesome as G is, he's a fucking wacko youtuber. Is this really the main villain? He doesn't give off these vibes, at least not in his current presentation which admittedly is likely a facade to dupe and deceive people.

Also, if they would be so kind as to end the Neo-Shadaloo plot quickly, and put Ed/Falke out of their misery. These plot devices are boring already, do we really need to dedicate more resources to the entire crew? (Imagine Knife or that Gorilla in these sub-photorealistic graphics LOL). We know where this B or C plotline leads, and it's right back to the source!!!!

They could always resolve those quickly with just them losing all the Psycho Power and living ordinary lives like the Dolls. The new leads in Capcom really need to close all lose ends without killing OG character but rather treating them guest characters if they really want to make a successful brand new Street Fighter World with new protagonist, without making it a separate parallel. 

They can left G as a mystery but they probably had something and they already knew it won't lead into something good.

Shadaloo having a new technology built by Fang that restores Bison to be alive. while the devices absorbs all the psycho power in the world back to him but requires time to make him that powerful again.

Street Fighter Gorilla Grod haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

In terms of story, I hope we get a conclusion to the Illuminati arc (unless Urien's 3S ending was that conclusion and the start of the age of Urien?).

Problem is, as much i like Urien and hope to see him in 6, unless they invent some shonen power boost gimmick based on his inferiority complex dude is not Boss material, never was

Again, i like Urien way more than Gill, but it is what it is

45 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Realistically unless new people want to shit on SFV too, G is going to be 6's final villain

They said he was "SFV final boss", and absolutely did nothing with him

SFV ended pointing clearly at him as world's next threat

But i agree, he's not credible as he is

Now G showing his true face and much greater potential (maybe even hinting to save appearances he had to hold back vs Gill in SFV), yeah that can work

55 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Also, if they would be so kind as to end the Neo-Shadaloo plot quickly, and put Ed/Falke out of their misery. These plot devices are boring already

Neo-Shadaloo is Capcom's way to keep Bison/Psycho Power as a thing without involve conventional Bison, with all that push for change they're best chance for Psycho Power to keep exist on story level

I think they can easily add playable Bison as a non-physical level entity, making Ed fight him in his own mind/nightmares, more or less like Kage was... but ironically for that you will still need Ed

I would guess also that fully possessed Ed is actually your best chance of see again Bison as boss one day lol

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

do we really need to dedicate more resources to the entire crew? (Imagine Knife or that Gorilla in these sub-photorealistic graphics LOL). We know where this B or C plotline leads, and it's right back to the source!!!!

Tbh i'm never a fan of use multiple slots for same group, don't like bunch of people with same uniform

Shadaloo Kings were exception because variety was key there, they were designed as individuals and linked only story wise

But said all that Knife or even Gorilla are'nt anything incredibly absurd for SF style, if new art can't deal with SF crazyness maybe problem are'nt characters themselves(good or bad they may be) but crappy attempt to make SF become realistic shit, wich is something that SF never truly needed outside of shit marketing cunts that if left free would erase everything to sell 1 more copy 🤣 (but also😭)

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Anyway: 60-40 Old to new is a good launch ratio.

I would like that too

Only problem is in these scenario people ever imagine "old" will include his fav characters wich may not

Personally i got not incredibly large number of characters that to please me "MUST" be in and not replaced by similar style new face, but what i really want is still all most important/iconic martial arts represented and lot of nationality variety

Do that and i welcome lot of new faces, they expand SF world

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

but ironically for that you will still need Ed

Not necessarily. Bison's tendrils are all over this universe. He can appear out of nowhere. I just want him to playable tbh. They don't have to involve him too directly into the story as that would dull his shine, but I don't think he is just a "function" - my biases - He legit has a lot of fans/players. I think the same can be said about most of the original 12 and the rare few from the later games that graduated to their level (but aside from Akuma never really achieving the same level of recognition).

And this is indulgent of me, but I'd like to know that many of the SF2 characters are taken care of and reintroduced to a new generation. Seeing them in next gen graphics and systems is a sure way of doing it.

@DarthEnderX

I remember are discussion in SRK about the story direction, I know the visual side is not in favor on your preference

But I think the future story progression is more on what you would preferred and like from now on.

From seeing how the new leads build this up Luke and SF6. It become clear that it would be that kind of vision martial artist and tournaments

I'm still a bit leery that they might go 3Dish route. Turns out the MK11 reveal trailer hid the mechanics in the fight between Raiden and Scorpion. Maybe they did some stuff here too.

Story Wise...what's even the story anymore? Is it Neo Shadaloo vs Luke? It'd be interesting for the characters that kinda mirror each other in moveset to be in opposite side of good/bad guy spectrum. Ryu and Ken are friends; Yun and Yang are brothers; Ed and Luke feel like they have a similarish flavor to one another.

Gotta say though, I'm sort of hoping we don't get the Gorilla as a character.

19 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I'm still a bit leery that they might go 3Dish route. Turns out the MK11 reveal trailer hid the mechanics in the fight between Raiden and Scorpion. Maybe they did some stuff here too.

The ink is back so I hope there is more of that in the actual game by way of artstyle and mechanic, especially now that the technology is able to deliver it fluidly. Unless you mean they will actually add the third dimension to the fights in which case we're all doomed.

Double posting becuase reasons: I hope that SF6 does a quick review of the SF story so far. I was thinking about the Street Fighter story in general while making breakfast. Compared to MK, the actual SF story isn't out there. If you saw the first movie, you got a really good idea of what the key points of Mortal Kombat 1 were. Street Fighter doesn't have that.

Ryu vs Sagat in SF1 is monumental but only if you dig for it. Then after SF2 the story just goes extra wild. Not that MK doesn't have a turbo wild story with Kronika and the extra Elder Gods and all that jazz.  W/e SF6 does, it would do well with a recap of the big key moments. Even if its to say this person whooped this person's ass in this game.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Unless you mean they will actually add the third dimension to the fights in which case we're all doomed.

I mean some sort of 3D movement. I hope it isn't either but man....

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Double posting becuase reasons: I hope that SF6 does a quick review of the SF story so far. I was thinking about the Street Fighter story in general while making breakfast. Compared to MK, the actual SF story isn't out there. If you saw the first movie, you got a really good idea of what the key points of Mortal Kombat 1 were. Street Fighter doesn't have that

This is why MK is better in the narrative part, the conflicts are well defined. While SF is just all over the place and every new lead that would handle SF has their own vision to change its direction.

I would add into that, If you would think about it Street Fighter TWO proper and TRUE sequel is Street Fighter EX not SF3 NG, because it carries the vision and the minds of the guys that made the SF series from what it was.

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

While SF is just all over the place and every new lead that would handle SF has their own vision to change its direction.

Ono tried to reconcile the Old Canon with the new, he tried to re-tell some of the parts that needed to be retold, and he tried to close the gap and tie the loose ends. If you know the old canon intimately, you will see that the team behind the SF4 and SF5 stories had intimate knowledge too, they respected the old lore, but their execution was subpar and needlessly choppy in relation to SF's contemporaries. Relative to its own history however,  SF4 and SF5 did it best.

Ono is quite literally the best thing that has happened to the SF canon since Alpha3's arcade mode.

Edited by Daemos
42 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Ono is quite literally the best thing that has happened to the SF canon since Alpha3's arcade mode.

Yeah, I think from now on we wouldn't see that kind of passion in the story and canon to establish coherence and more call backs.

to be honest I don't think the newer stories would be more impactful like it was before to previous characters that's why mentioning the OG as "guest characters"  already I'm still hopefully for the best because I love street fighter but won't expect have high hopes like before.

I'm just waiting on Chun li and Bison default design to know more of the direction, If they turn Bison's default wearing something similar in the supposed ditch SF5 realistic concept whether it's purple or red. I think I know were they are heading and the story why that SF5 concept were ditch.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Not necessarily. Bison's tendrils are all over this universe. He can appear out of nowhere. I just want him to playable tbh. They don't have to involve him too directly into the story as that would dull his shine, but I don't think he is just a "function" - my biases - He legit has a lot of fans/players. I think the same can be said about most of the original 12 and the rare few from the later games that graduated to their level (but aside from Akuma never really achieving the same level of recognition).

And this is indulgent of me, but I'd like to know that many of the SF2 characters are taken care of and reintroduced to a new generation. Seeing them in next gen graphics and systems is a sure way of doing it.

Will not blame you for SF2 love as i'm guilty too and on general i will ever point at SF2 if somebody ask me wich chapter i want see most represented in a future game, as i like almost all of them

Both because the characters and because the character design approach behind them... must say SF4 tried do that too, SFV at very begin and results in both case were good

If you ask me what i would like to see SF6 picking from 2

Ken- we know 100% must

Chun Li- we know 100% must

Cammy- we know 100% must

Guile- Ok... Luke no more soldier, they can still play USA soldier gimmick on Guile, plus they're completely different. Also Nash is dead so 50% of this gimmick is gone already

Zangief- Cestus 100% must, fuck other people opinion lol

Dhalsim- Like him but can do without, could accept successor. I think Necro may steal his slot (not saying they CAN'T cohexist btw), hope he stays at least as NPC for story

Blanka- Like him but can do without, could accept successor or nothing

Honda- Like him but can do without, could accept successor. But want Sumo rep, important martial art and best to create "fat guy" slot lol

Fei Long- Would like him, missed him in SFV. But i can accept another Bruce Lee wannabe successor. But fuck it, just use Fei Long at this point lol

DeeJay-

T.Hawk- I will not miss him, there are other "giant guy" characters that are much better (watching you, Hugo)

Balrog- Grown as Mike Tyson fan, but Dudley is just way more interesting boxing rep. Style, character design, even nationality

Vega- I would like him, pretty iconic and unique in fight game world, plus classic Spain rep of SF

Sagat- 100% must. I mean if alternative is nothing like in SF3 i can accept another thai Muay Thai rep, but fuck that Sagat is just too iconic

M.Bison- Conflicted here. I like him as  Boss but blame Capcom for spamming him too much. I say YES, but in later (2 or 3) season using the Kage-like spirit gimmick

Akuma- I dream i will never see him again in a SF game, then wake up and realize he will never leave because SF developers apparently watch his pictures, think how stronk japanese Akuma is and the start fap all together

We don't really need new characters to be introduced as successor(new juniors) characters of the OG, because it would just complicate the new story SF they are establishing and probably they are distancing.

We already got Rival School and SF3 New Generation cast as successors, along with several establish background characters. What this new lead are aiming for is building a story centered on their key figure, their new apple named Luke and the journey to be the best. So likely the new character would be tailored made for Luke appeal and not tons of OG apprentices.

The OG will remain a recurring characters to directly interact with Luke to make his appeal better. The OG also will remain a recurring characters because of $$$ and the reason for this game to be called a game SF.

Edited by Shakunetsu

After all is said and done, feels like they did Gill and Urien dirty with SF5 story wise. Since SF5 takes place right before and then concurrent to it, they were both sort of made irrelevant as villains.

SF6's story is going to pick up the situation of the terrorists that were responsible for Luke's Father's death in one way or another. So its either regular Shadaloo responsible for it or some sort of Illuminati situation. That or they introduce a weird third party (which seems to be what G is). 

Hot take but hopefully Bison doesn't show up as a character until late in the season passes and they find a way to kill Akuma. tired of Akuma's shit ass ruining the balance of the shotos. Bison also feels like he needs to be away for a bit so he can really come back as a threat.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hot take but hopefully Bison doesn't show up as a character until late in the season passes and they find a way to kill Akuma. tired of Akuma's shit ass ruining the balance of the shotos. Bison also feels like he needs to be away for a bit so he can really come back as a threat.

I think they would be ending Akuma sooner in the game, or the guy would commit suicide but later on bring him back in the series because of the demands and $$$ just like Sakura.