Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 12/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, Lord_Vega said:

STREET FIGHTER V CHAMPION EDITION STYLE GUIDE PART 1

Spoiler

Cover

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Index

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Height comparison

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

Artwork

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

Ryu

"A martial artist who continues his training in search of true strength. He’s truly sincere in manner and personality, and travels the world seeking to fight against stronger opponents than himself. He continues to fight against the “Surge of Murderous Intent”; another entity that has been born within himself and devotes himself daily to control it’s power."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

Chun-Li

"An investigator of the ICPO who fights with magnificent kicking techniques. She became a detective at the age of 18 to search for her father who mysteriously disappeared, however knowing Shadaloo’s involvement with his disappearance, she swore to destroy Shadaloo. She cares for her friends and cares for Cammy, who is worried about the Dolls. She rescues a little girl who was kidnapped by Shadaloo."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

Nash
"A former lieutenant of the United States Air Force (U.S.A.F), and Guile’s best friend, who also belonged to the same United States Air Force. He once lost his life due to being caught in the schemes of Shadaloo’s leader Bison, but was revived by the hands of a mysterious woman named Helen. He realizes his imperfect body covered in patching will soon decay, and the time leftover to him he suddenly changes into a cold-hearted character who pursues nothing but revenge on Bison.

Reveal hidden contents

"

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

More coming soon!

On 12/30/2021 at 3:03 AM, Lord_Vega said:

STREET FIGHTER V CHAMPION EDITION STYLE GUIDE PART 2

Spoiler

Vega (M. Bison in the United States)

"The leader of the secret criminal organization; Shadaloo. He uses Psycho Power and schemes on conquering the world. He increases Psycho Power with people’s fears, with Shadaloo’s plan to emerge as the one and only strong arm, but Bison’s true purpose is to only fight the strong. Bison’s own ambitions is to take over the mind and memories of a substitute body and continue to fight forever."1

"Head of the secret criminal organization Shadaloo. He uses Psycho Power, and plans to control the entire world. Shadaloo's plan is, through fear of people, to increase the strength of Psycho Power and obtain a unique power; but Vega's real goal is to find a really strong opponent. Transmitting his soul to a surrogate body and continuing to fight eternally is Vega's personal ambition."2

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cammy
"One of the strengthened soldiers Dolls who’ve undergone body modifications in Shadaloo. She was rescued by the British Special Unit Delta Red in a state of amnesia, but her true purpose was Shadaloo’s scheme to send in a spy into Delta Red. In order to protect her fellow Dolls who are brainwashed and used as murder weapons, she decides to abandon her position and friends."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Birdie
"A former member of Shadaloo’s organization with a rude and rough personality. Though he has the abilities as a fighter, he’s easily enticed by his own immediate desires and doesn’t reflect on his actions. After escaping from Shadaloo, he is picked up by Karin, the head of the Kanzuki Zaibatsu and serves as a guest. His body is out of shape due to living a lazy life, however his strong obsession with hairstyles remain the same as before."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ken
"Ryu’s best friend and greatest rival. Although he stands on top as being stamped as America’s biggest conglomerate, his bright personality is alive and well. He became even more stronger by gaining family bonds that supports him. As Ryu strengthens the Hadoken and improves the accuracy towards the blow, Ken refines his Shoryuken and increases the density of the consecutive attacks."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Necalli
"An ancient warrior who appears in a place of a strong fighting spirit and begins rampaging over the soul of a strong man. During a time of conflict that comes once every several hundred years, the “Surge of Murderous Intent” materializes “Necalli” in the form of a human being who appears all over the world. He has no sense of rationality and his words are uncertain, and he makes noises such as “Devourrrrr” and “Getepe”. Miasma pollutes the minds of those who come in contact with the unfolding, and those who are polluted will act violently similarly to Necalli."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

aQQgTyZ.jpg

spacer.png

Balrog (Vega in the United States)
"One of Shadaloo’s Four Heavenly Kings, who fights using a claw to cut through his opponents. He wears a mask in order to prevent exposure to the filthy blood of losers. He is a narcissist who believes “beauty” is the best, and despises ugly things and sets out to eliminate them. Although he’s an executive of Shadaloo, he has little loyalty to Bison and is always in never-ending conflict amongst the other Four Heavenly Kings."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rainbow Mika
"Her real name is Mika Nanakawa. Born in Kansai, she teams up with Yamato Nadeshiko, the expected ace of Iwashigahama Japan Women’s Pro-Wrestling as her tag partner to charm and excite the audience about professional wrestling. She has a strong sense of justice and hates those who are twisted, and talks with “ssu” attached to the end. She admires the legendary “Red Cyclone” Zangief and aspires to become a professional wrestler."

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

1: Translation provided by @sKreetFighteZ

2: Translation provided by Lord Vega

Hi guys! I edited the original posts to include @sKreetFighteZtranslations for the character's stories.

Here's part 3:

STREET FIGHTER V CHAMPION EDITION STYLE GUIDE PART 3

Rashid

Spoiler

QhwUUPF.jpg

KSD5KKe.jpg

3zSP2rB.jpg

R4Lf16v.jpg

Karin

Spoiler

DIXKAHG.jpg

jzI7RXh.jpg

u4smWtt.jpg

U03vhq3.jpg

Zangief

Spoiler

9hWZgyo.jpg

XOdDPAr.jpg

m0UlKrd.jpg

ZW9z9KX.jpg

Laura

Spoiler

2VY7D5w.jpg

K9lZM09.jpg

DczZc4V.jpg

NleKByF.jpg

Dhalsim

Spoiler

xVsznO7.jpg

eiUiIc2.jpg

xf3qOlK.jpg

22uqdvi.jpg

F.A.N.G.

Spoiler

qtx7SSL.jpg

H1VHrbf.jpg

OfzjJTL.jpg

4VSUWR9.jpg

Next, season 1 characters.

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Hi guys! I edited the original posts to include @sKreetFighteZtranslations for the character's stories.

Here's part 3:

STREET FIGHTER V CHAMPION EDITION STYLE GUIDE PART 3

Rashid

Hide contents

QhwUUPF.jpg

KSD5KKe.jpg

3zSP2rB.jpg

R4Lf16v.jpg

Karin

Reveal hidden contents

DIXKAHG.jpg

jzI7RXh.jpg

u4smWtt.jpg

U03vhq3.jpg

Zangief

Reveal hidden contents

9hWZgyo.jpg

XOdDPAr.jpg

m0UlKrd.jpg

ZW9z9KX.jpg

Laura

Reveal hidden contents

2VY7D5w.jpg

K9lZM09.jpg

DczZc4V.jpg

NleKByF.jpg

Dhalsim

Reveal hidden contents

xVsznO7.jpg

eiUiIc2.jpg

xf3qOlK.jpg

22uqdvi.jpg

F.A.N.G.

Reveal hidden contents

qtx7SSL.jpg

H1VHrbf.jpg

OfzjJTL.jpg

4VSUWR9.jpg

Next, season 1 characters.

You know what time it is peoples 😁. I will be back in the next few hours with the translations. 

10 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

RIP Alex again. My boy never even had the chance of being in the spotlight 

Yeah unfortunately not. He was never going to though, the burn of SF3 bombing and him being the face of it meant he was probably never getting spotlight again. I still hope he's in SF6 though (especially if it's set after 3), I think he'd look great in this style.

Well, for better or worse it seems like we finally made it past SF3. Congratulations everyone who has been waiting with me since the 90s. WE DID IT!

Now give me Final Shin Bison II so we can flush this turd Luke down the toilet. The plot of SF6 should revolve around a DEADLY ALLIANCE between Ryu and Bison where they simultaneously push the flush button together to rid the universe of Luke forever. 

Edited by Daemos

Ken's got it worse than Alex. He's no longer the number 2 of SF or "Ryu but more flashy". Akuma overshadows Ken both in terms of popularity and flashiness. Ken's biggest showing was in Smash Ultimate and that's only because he's a pallet swap, meanwhile Akuma continues to appear in more games, and KOF All Stars will be on his resume. 

Akuma can appear in a game without Ryu (Tekken 7 and Monster Hunter Rise) but Ken can't because he's not on that level. Notice how nobodies asking where Ken is in the SFVI teaser...times have changed.

So quick Street Fighter 6 thoughts:

-The technical advancements have me impressed; pores, scars, whoa!

-My brain is still processing the visual style, I wanna see it in action & the other stylized characters. I really wanted anime stylized, but I gotta wait and see. I like it, but I don't know how committed to realism they will be for characters like Blanka,  Necro, etc will look

-Luke seems to have scars on his face & arms

-Despite being unsure of the semi-realism, I LOVE the style effect for Luke & Ryu. It seems like the SF3 urban style has returned, whoo!

-The transition makes me think the visual style will be in a good place, I wanna see huds and lifebars

-Not feeling the logo yet, hopefully they change it up

-The Fighting game collection made me lose my mind. I am gonna support the hell out of this since this may be Darkstalkers last chance. Liking the new art with Leo and Morrigan.

With the improvements that Nakayama & co have brought, I'm excited for the future.

If this game takes place 3-5 years after 3S it means Bison would've been MIA for about 5-7 years from an in-universe perspective. That is a lot of time that passed, more than enough for us to begin seeing the shadow, once it tatters, reknitting. I have an uncle who works in Capcom that just confirmed that Bison is the launch character of S2 DLC. 2024 will be the year!

@Scotiagot to give you credit, you were probably right about timeline jumping beyond SF3... lol never thought they would just threat SF3 arc like that,leaving all that events in a box with 23years of dust over it 🤣

Guess what we see is post-Oro-training Ryu 😯

47 minutes ago, Daemos said:

If this game takes place 3-5 years after 3S it means Bison would've been MIA for about 5-7 years from an in-universe perspective. That is a lot of time that passed, more than enough for us to begin seeing the shadow, once it tatters, reknitting. I have an uncle who works in Capcom that just confirmed that Bison is the launch character of S2 DLC. 2024 will be the year!

We already know that "shadow" will be a thing, is called Ed

While at it wish they can retcon it as he want to be called Edward, as if he want change his usual name (wich would fit a switch of personality)... no fucking Evil Boss Villain can be called "Ed" damn it lol

Btw combining time-skip with Ed's unnatural fast growth dude may be already fully adult, even if they may stop at physical peak like 25yo

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Fuck this art style.  This realism shit looks worse than what ArcSys was doing 8 years ago.  I'm out.

Agree, there would be difficulty implementation of a lot things. it would have MK vibes later on the more wackier the cast would grew.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I see Bison will remain as a main stay. unless things on the current lead would shift again and people perception on bison would change. 

The only question is will he be the dominant antagonist or someone that would be in the shadows again like in SF4.

It's like their are a lot of people in the community that want Bison out of the picture, but if you examine the real problem is they feel the story had stagnate because it's a another Shadaloo story. 

but outside the community there are lots of people that wants Bison to be there, Just like Sakura and Evil Ryu, even other people in the community wants Ken to retire but those outside would buy him if he ends up in DLC. This are the people fueling character polls.

This is also the force that made Honda back, even there are more relevant characters that should had been there that are story relevant and gameplay relevant.

25 minutes ago, mykka said:

They will probably retcon a lot of the events of SF3

its more like SFV would be the one to be retcon and especially Lukes backstory. Instead of rewriting alot of aspect in SF3.

The main problem in SF3 is the absence of the character from SF5 and SF4.

But the whole events can still take place and all Capcom need to do is

insert story bits inside SF3 timeline, So its like that it would be SF5 would be retcon and SF3 would be added new stories instead of rewriting events

1 minute ago, BootyWarrior said:

Anyone comparing this to MK is blind. It's closer to Tekken.

For now between the two characters its is more Tekken.

The rendering is close to Tekken but if it animates and includes the wackier cast like @ShockDingomentioned  it would be more akin to akin later on if looked in perception in a gameplay. I cannot judge that early without seeing wacky character fight character like Luke or Ryu. But I know for sure there would be a missed with that look in-game with those kind of characters

10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

but if it animates and includes the wackier cast like @ShockDingomentioned  it would be more akin to akin later on if looked in perception in a gameplay. I cannot judge that early without seeing wacky character fight character like Luke or Ryu. 

Dante's Shoryukens, Boxing, Capoeira, Cannon Spike look perfectly fine in DMC5. His Real Impact is better than any Shin Shoryuken Ryu's performed in a 3D game. Vergil with his gauntlets is also beautifully animated.

Akuma looks and animates better in Tekken 7 than any shoto does in SFV.

Edited by BootyWarrior
57 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

It's like their are a lot of people in the community that want Bison out of the picture, but if you examine the real problem is they feel the story had stagnate because it's a another Shadaloo story. 

Those are fair concerns and all, but none of them are arguments against him being playable in the game. He is one of the most popular, recognizable, and played SF characters ever (but specifically also this last era), no point in squandering this.

Besides if everyone else gets to look like shit this time around in the RE Engine, then by god Bison will too!

1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

Anyone comparing this to MK is blind. It's closer to Tekken.

This 

Thanks gods i may add 

If crap looked like MK i would have left lmao 

1 hour ago, JustBrowsing said:

He's also lost the star tattoos on his arms. I wonder if that's a design decision, or implies some sort of Rose tampering with things in the past.

doubt there will be much story retcon for it, i take it as capcom simply aknowledged everybody found these tattoo retard af so they removed them

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm surprised at the some the bearded Ryu salt I'm seeing. For years we've been complaining about Capcom not moving things along. I personally happy to see signs that we are finally going past the Pre SF3 timeline. Besides you know the old look will be a costume anyway.

Guess who complained back then and who don't like it now are two different "we" lol

Did'nt liked it in SFV, but i was ok with it as it was an alt 

Hated see whole american hype about it because i knew capcom will have took notes, i was 99% sure i will have got that shit in 6

Prefer current beard than SFV one though, but would still prefer current design (wich is perfect) but no beard  

No much problem btw as of course classic look will be there as alt

Edited by CESTUS III
47 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's been confirmed to be in-game footage. That's why they released the trailer in 4K and there is a notice at the end that it is still in development.

It being "in-development" conflicts with it being "in-game footage".

Yes it might be an "in-game" engine being used to make those graphics (which I do not doubt considering what the RE engine is capable of) but that does not mean that is what the in-game finished graphics will look like AT ALL. Graphical style can MASSIVELY change how a game looks within an engine

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

@Scotiagot to give you credit, you were probably right about timeline jumping beyond SF3... lol never thought they would just threat SF3 arc like that,leaving all that events in a box with 23years of dust over it 🤣

Guess what we see is post-Oro-training Ryu 😯

Yeah I have to admit I didn't think they'd go this far ahead past SF3. Looks like it's been a considerable amount of time since SF5 which was pretty much in and around SF3 anyway. You can tell by Luke's scars that he's been a wandering fighter for a while now and, as you said, Ryu has no doubt been training for a long time.

2 hours ago, mykka said:

They will probably retcon a lot of the events of SF3

Once again, I do not know how someone can come to this conclusion after seeing everything Capcom have been doing to build towards 3 from within 5. I genuinely do not know why people still think this.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm surprised at the some the bearded Ryu salt I'm seeing. For years we've been complaining about Capcom not moving things along. I personally happy to see signs that we are finally going past the Pre SF3 timeline. Besides you know the old look will be a costume anyway.

I'm never been on radical change on iconic character visual design too.

I preferred them more consistent and but changing in a slow phase. Because I don't see them in a more realistic way than being the franchise flagship characters that is to sell merch and be remembered in that way.

I don't really see the need for change but rather evolution. this is why the change that I like is more on Ryu in Teppen. I believe the beard is a fad and Ryu not having drastic change is better because it will kept his status quo in pop culture.

And what I like in the new Ryu, from now having a sandal, and it had a better facial structure than SF4 and SF5 but I was never a fan of the bearded Ryu.

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

According to Oro's ending, Ryu will need 15 years to be ready to fight him/be a master in his own right etc., and I doubt SF6 takes place 15 years after 3S. So at best this is probably Ryu at the start of his Journey with Oro or they scratched that plot point. This is NOT Post-Oro Ryu IMO.

Yeah I don't think this is post-Oro training Ryu. Maybe mid-way at best but regardless he's definitely held up somewhere training his ass off.

40 minutes ago, Scotia said:

Once again, I do not know how someone can come to this conclusion after seeing everything Capcom have been doing to build towards 3 from within 5. I genuinely do not know why people still think this.

Now may not make sense anymore, but i still think things were being told differently in Gill/Urien case 

Not saying big picture would have changed, but could have been different perspective of same story... specially because the whole Alex-Gill part felt like capcom bullshitted us back to SF3 lol

Well whatever, guess they can still do it with a flashback in 6 if they want 

But i fear they just want ignore 3 story and move on

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

According to Oro's ending, Ryu will need 15 years to be ready to fight him/be a master in his own right etc., and I doubt SF6 takes place 15 years after 3S. So at best this is probably Ryu at the start of his Journey with Oro or they scratched that plot point. This is NOT Post-Oro Ryu IMO.

For what we know he may have interrupted it for whatever reason, i doubt Capcom will have left him be Oro's disciple for 15 years 

Either he learned fast af because he's the "special one" or events need him now, so he interrupted it mid-run 

Or as you say they simply ignore that 15 years line and make that he trained long enough lol