Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Super Street Fighter II which is a manhua I've NEVER seen before.

I think this is the one that I have been mentioning that is licensed and not connect to the unlicensed manhua where chun li gets pregnant.

This is the one that use various Super Turbo Art as cover right and along 30 issues only?

I have seen a few preview where Ryu is fighting in Sagat stage alone against the three Sagat, Boxer and Claw. I can't remember exactly.

22 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I think this is the one that I have been mentioning that is licensed and not connect to the unlicensed manhua where chun li gets pregnant.

This is the one that use various Super Turbo Art as cover right and along 30 issues only?

I have seen a few preview where Ryu is fighting in Sagat stage alone against the three Sagat, Boxer and Claw. I can't remember exactly.

It appears to be 20 issues long and art is varied including some interpretations of existing art from both Super and from Street Fighter Alpha

1 minute ago, YagamiFire said:

It appears to be 20 issues long and art is varied including some interpretations of existing art from both Super and

wow that might be it but i never seen the ALPHA art cover that is licensed. what i have seen is just super turbo mainly

i will be truly surprised if that is another separate one. thats great.

23 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

wow that might be it but i never seen the ALPHA art cover that is licensed. what i have seen is just super turbo mainly

i will be truly surprised if that is another separate one. thats great.

It looks like it might have been done by the same artist that did the SFIII manhua

43 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

yes that alpha one is what I have seen before the one is connected to the sf3 the unofficial one.

now im excited with super that might be the one that i have seen only few pages and had few issue. 

I just confirmed purchase of all of the sets of comics. Gonna be great to add them to my collection. I will share info and pics as soon as they arrive!

3 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I didn't even know Alpha 3 got a manhua and by Capcom vs SNK do you mean the SVC: Chaos one with the infamous "Geese rides a mammoth" scene and where Zero is an arch-angel? 

Looking forward either ways. 

Nope! I have the SVC: Chaos manhua. This is Capcom vs SNK and is a totally different series. I actually saw it while I was in Hong Kong but I couldn't purchase it because at the time I only had enough cash to get a few sets so I ended up getting KOF 2000 and 2001. I'm eager to see what it's like (likely it will be insane)

4 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

I didn't even know Alpha 3 got a manhua and by Capcom vs SNK do you mean the SVC: Chaos one with the infamous "Geese rides a mammoth" scene and where Zero is an arch-angel? 

The SVC chaos is like more shorter than what I remember, so they were able to translate it to other language.

21 hours ago, Scotia said:

I still think most logic step is Q being G who got defeated/captured and turned into a remote-controlled fighter (by Dr.Woo?). 

Secret society would be the most easy candidate, even if Gill already defeated him and let him go, but still. 

Maybe he did'nt considered G a threat at that point... after all he's so sure about his destiny that did'nt even bothered lift the ass from his throne to take on Bison directly lol

Of course there's also the thing they have a "G Project" thing going on and the fact Gill seems the only one who seem to have recognized the true nature of G's power (meaning it's likely something known by SS world, maybe even that G was one of them)

Thing is i doubt even if true we will know all this soon, imho soonest would be a SF6 focused on G and good guys defeating him -> somebody kidnap what's left of him 

As usual i feel story progression wise SFV has been an huge wasted opportunity, there was easily room (but likely not money) for a second story chapter, G should have been introduced there, same for NeoShadaloo birth etc 

A problem of SF future development is that them being so fucking unable to complete arcs limit the room for new stuff 

At the moment 

-G arc still have to begin 

-If they plan something "big" with Q, still have to begin 

-NeoShadaloo story still have to begin, both birth and Bison ghost thing

-They will probably do a retelling of SF3 events

-We will never get not cucked by Akuma Boss till the day Ryu finally defeat him/end his bullshit 

That's lot of stuff, not easy move in new directions

Edited by CESTUS III
7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I still think most logic step is Q being G who got defeated/captured and turned into a remote-controlled fighter (by Dr.Woo?). 

Secret society would be the most easy candidate, even if Gill already defeated him and let him go, but still. 

Maybe he did'nt considered G a threat at that point... after all he's so sure about his destiny that did'nt even bothered lift the ass from his throne to take on Bison directly lol

Of course there's also the thing they have a "G Project" thing going on and the fact Gill seems the only one who seem to have recognized the true nature of G's power (meaning it's likely something known by SS world, maybe even that G was one of them)

Thing is i doubt even if true we will know all this soon, imho soonest would be a SF6 focused on G and good guys defeating him -> somebody kidnap what's left of him 

As usual i feel story progression wise SFV has been an huge wasted opportunity, there was easily room (but likely not money) for a second story chapter, G should have been introduced there, same for NeoShadaloo birth etc 

A problem of SF future development is that them being so fucking unable to complete arcs limit the room for new stuff 

At the moment 

-G arc still have to begin 

-If they plan something "big" with Q, still have to begin 

-NeoShadaloo story still have to begin, both birth and Bison ghost thing

-They will probably do a retelling of SF3 events

-We will never get not cucked by Akuma Boss till the day Ryu finally defeat him/end his bullshit 

That's lot of stuff, not easy move in new directions

All these twists and turns with no resolve or not moving forwards makes my head hurt 😪. Can we just get the UDON writers to come fill in for them. It might be trash but hey. 

9 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I followed in @ShockDingo's steps and commissioned to Quasimodox a drawing of Zangief lifting Gill, based upon a famous scene of Aleksandr Karelin lifting his opponent. I LOVE it.

Cool piece!

But thing that crack me up is that i had almost identical idea, wanted do some pieces based on kinda popular sport/movie scenes and one i wanted was exactly that Karelin pic with Zangief lifting Q 😄

Other i was thinking were Rocky vs Drago staredown (Alex vs Zangief), Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris clash (Fei Long vs Ken or Allen Snider), Ali towering over Sonny liston (here i had trouble pick who is who lol)

At the end i did only this, based on Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida vs Mauricio "Shogun" Rua + Mas Oyama being cool lol

UFC 104 Machida vs Shogun | UFCThe Blind Ninja — Mas Oyama

RYU-KEN-GOUKEN-small

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn I'm going to have to figure out something to have QuasimodoX draw. What does he charge for commissions anyway?

If i remember correctly, it was 170 USD for my Chun-Li/Li-Fen cover art.

r3sz02m5ixn51.png

It probably differs depending on the kind of work, number of characters and how much of their full body is showing.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, sKreetFighteZ said:

I’m ENTIRELY convinced that Q is G

I don't actually think he is. Capcom wants it to appear so, but there's enough out there to make it ambiguous.  Plus the current team has said they love how people are playing with the mystery of it all. I don't think they would just spill everything now and so abruptly.

As of SFV there's a few things:

- With Wayne Nakamura's profile, there's mention he saw a man in an American port. This seemed to be Capcom quietly confirming the "Is Q in Ken's SF2 stage" theory that's been around for a while

-In SF3 supplementary material Richard Burgman issues a statement that the CIA cannot confirm or deny the existence of "The Trench Coat Man", an urban legend. It appears that there've been so many sightings and public curiosity that Burgman, the PR guy for the CIA, felt the need to put out something to get people to stop bugging them about it. SF3 seems to be a few months away from SFV and 3S a year after that. It's not impossible for a legend to start that quickly, but I get the feel that Q's been around longer than than a few moths to a year.

-In the developer's notes, they show that Q's mask is apparently supposed to have a keyhole and some of the notes mention that Q "feels like it's being manipulated from behind the scenes". I'll be covering this in the SF3 round up video I've been working on for months, but with the Ring of Galaxy stage, you can see camera men walking around with G's story costume mask, NOT  Q's. The big difference is that Q's shell-like mask looks like he's locked into it, but G's is like a hockey mask with a strap that he could seemingly remove at will. With all the posturing that G's gonna be a huge deal, I don't see his situation being wrapped up in 4 months and no one really being affected by it. Gill doesn't recognize G, but his powers seem familiar. In SF3, Gill says he has no idea who or what Q is.  Here's the translation from @Miðgarðsorm:

全能の私にも解らぬとは・・・・

何者だ君は?

“Even I, in all my omnipotence, can’t understand…Who are you?”

-With the revelation that some stories for SFV take place after SF3, it's possible G's takes place after. Th Illuminati's existence is incredibly hard to prove, but Gill fully unveils himself on G's incredibly popular stream. In SF3, I never got the vibe that anyone knew of Gill and the society publicly. If G's story is after 3, then that puts even more distance between him and Q since he's been around long enough that people have not only crafted urban legends, but he' s seen enough that all of his move names are rough descriptions the public has given to him  when he's in action.

-If the CRI profiles are correct, then as of SFV, Viper has been tailing Q for a while

-Q's skin colour is something I've been going on about for ages. It's a mystery. In some art, he clearly looks lighter skinned, possibly caucasian, but in some pieces his neck looks tanned, then is the actual in game sprites where you can see his neck skin or the skin above his socks, his skin is pretty tanned, not quite as dark as Dudley's, but more tan that someone like Alex or Ken. 

-G is cocky and sure of himself , flashy, agile and wants to get his name & face out there. Q,  in his only spoken bit of dialogue refers to himself as an abomination, he's very simple in his clothing choice, he's powerful & lumbering, and doesn't make his presence known unless he wants to be seen and seems like the comic hulk in that he wants to be left alone. (he scares off the people following him in his intro)

- Going back to the Ring of Galaxy stage, his staff members all wear that SFV story mask, while Q is locked into his. He may have been special or rebellious in some way. Whether or not Ring of Galaxy is true, the staff give an interesting hint of things to come. Everyone thought G was a joke, but he gained a surge of popularity after being Rashid. It kept growing after beating Menat and others. He then, in his arcade ending wandered the globe and capture more attention and support. With him being enough of a public figure for GILL of all people to utilize him for his grand unveiling says something about his amount of reach. It's no stretch that he'll gain followers. Since his unveiling and that promo image of G being shown looking rather evil, I got the vibe he was some sort of villain making his own organization. It's since been confirmed he's a boss and a huge threat to the world. It could easily make sense that This President of the world gimmick is his latest plot, but he's been around for a while, choosing only to resurface after Shadaloo's downfall. If he previously made Q or ensured his creation, but Bison or something drove him underground, it would make sense that now in the times of peace, he'd start to steadily sway people to his side.  Many of us have theorized that there's multiple Q's hence the appearing all of the world at contradicting times. It could be that Q is just a mind controlled agent, or he rebelled, got punished, escaped and now the others are hunting him. Heck, G's profile showed that one of the possible agents is female.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

I don't actually think he is. Capcom wants it to appear so, but there's enough out there to make it ambiguous.  Plus the current team has said they love how people are playing with the mystery of it all. I don't think they would just spill everything now and so abruptly.

- With Wayne Nakamura's profile, there's mention he saw a man in an American port. This seemed to be Capcom quietly confirming the "Is Q in Ken's SF2 stage" theory that's been around for a while

-In SF3 supplementary material Richard Burgman issues a statement that the CIA cannot confirm or deny the existence of "The Trench Coat Man", an urban legend. It appears that there've been so many sightings and public curiosity that Burgman, the PR guy for the CIA, felt the need to put out something to get people to stop bugging them about it. SF3 seems to be a few months away from SFV and 3S a year after that. It's not impossible for a legend to start that quickly, but I get the feel that Q's been around longer than than a few moths to a year.

-In the developer's notes, they show that Q's mask is apparently supposed to have a keyhole and some of the notes mention that Q "feels like it's being manipulated from behind the scenes". I'll be covering this in the SF3 round up video I've been working on for months, but with the Ring of Galaxy stage, you can see camera men walking around with G's story costume mask, NOT  Q's. The big difference is that Q's shell-like mask looks like he's locked into it, but G's is like a hockey mask with a strap that he could seemingly remove at will. With all the posturing that G's gonna be a huge deal, I don't see his situation being wrapped up in 4 months and no one really being affected by it. Gill doesn't recognize G, but his powers seem familiar. In SF3, Gill says he has no idea who or what Q is.  Here's the translation from @Miðgarðsorm:

-With the revelation that some stories for SFV take place after SF3, it's possible G's takes place after. Th Illuminati's existence is incredibly hard to prove, but Gill fully unveils himself on G's incredibly popular stream. In SF3, I never got the vibe that anyone knew of Gill and the society publicly. If G's story is after 3, then that puts even more distance between him and Q since he's been around long enough that people have not only crafted urban legends, but he' s seen enough that all of his move names are rough descriptions the public has given to him  when he's in action.

-If the CRI profiles are correct, then as of SFV, Viper has been tailing Q for a while

-Q's skin colour is something I've been going on about for ages. It's a mystery. In some art, he clearly looks lighter skinned, possibly caucasian, but in some pieces his neck looks tanned, then is the actual in game sprites where you can see his neck skin or the skin above his socks, his skin is pretty tanned, not quite as dark as Dudley's, but more tan that someone like Alex or Ken. 

-G is cocky and sure of himself , flashy, agile and wants to get his name & face out there. Q,  in his only spoken bit of dialogue refers to himself as an abomination, he's very simple in his clothing choice, he's powerful & lumbering, and doesn't make his presence known unless he wants to be seen and seems like the comic hulk in that he wants to be left alone. (he scares off the people following him in his intro)

- Going back to the Ring of Galaxy stage, his staff members all wear that SFV story mask, while Q is locked into his. He may have been special or rebellious in some way. Whether or not Ring of Galaxy is true, the staff give an interesting hint of things to come. Everyone thought G was a joke, but he gained a surge of popularity after being Rashid. It kept growing after beating Menat and others. He then, in his arcade ending wandered the globe and capture more attention and support. With him being enough of a public figure for GILL of all people to utilize him for his grand unveiling says something about his amount of reach. It's no stretch that he'll gain followers. Since his unveiling and that promo image of G being shown looking rather evil, I got the vibe he was some sort of villain making his own organization. It's since been confirmed he's a boss and a huge threat to the world. It could easily make sense that This President of the world gimmick is his latest plot, but he's been around for a while, choosing only to resurface after Shadaloo's downfall. If he previously made Q or ensured his creation, but Bison or something drove him underground, it would make sense that now in the times of peace, he'd start to steadily sway people to his side.  Many of us have theorized that there's multiple Q's hence the appearing all of the world at contradicting times. It could be that Q is just a mind controlled agent, or he rebelled, got punished, escaped and now the others are hunting him. Heck, G's profile showed that one of the possible agents is female.

spacer.png

Wow, this thread was actually quite nice to read. First and foremost i never knew that Q had a "keyhole" of sorts, i guess this was information i never had a chance to look into. The whole Q cult is actually a nice storyline that Capcom should pick up on. At first I just thought he was one of the freaks in the Secret Society but I digress. 

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

For what's worth going by the sprite we can also see he's blond/reddish blond, as bit of his hair is visible behind sneaking out of lower part of the mask/helmet

https://www.justnopoint.com/zweifuss/q/q.htm

Chip KO and Shocked is probably where it's easiest see it, but is in many of his animations

But tbh idk how much we can trust them to stick with SF3 sprites as they already changed stuff from SF3, see SFV Urien now being tanned/white haired as normal physical traits and not only as "battle transformation" (where his normal self was pale and blond)

15 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

spacer.png

Great post, you provided a lot of good evidence here. Is it OK if I use this post (with full credit to you of course) in a video I make on G and Q? I don't know when I'll make it but a lot of what you put here is very useful and I'd love to use it if that's OK with you.

As for me, I've been on the 'G isn't Q' train since the start (mostly because I hated the idea of it) but as the years have gone on since G's debut the evidence that's been found and theorised pretty much confirms to me that they're not the same person. I agree with you that Capcom wants people to think they are, and for the most part it's working based on how many people just accept that G is Q (nevermind the godawful 'but Q is already in the game?!?!?' joke that keeps getting spammed whenever someone asked for Q in SF5).

Edited by Scotia
2 hours ago, Scotia said:

Great post, you provided a lot of good evidence here. Is it OK if I use this post (with full credit to you of course) in a video I make on G and Q? I don't know when I'll make it but a lot of what you put here is very useful and I'd love to use it if that's OK with you.

As for me, I've been on the 'G isn't Q' train since the start (mostly because I hated the idea of it) but as the years have gone on since G's debut the evidence that's been found and theorised pretty much confirms to me that they're not the same person. I agree with you that Capcom wants people to think they are, and for the most part it's working based on how many people just accept that G is Q (nevermind the godawful 'but Q is already in the game?!?!?' joke that keeps getting spammed whenever someone asked for Q in SF5).

Hey there Scotia, thanks for the kind words! Sure thin man, you can use this post and even reference my other vids if that helps you along:

Just let me know what you need! 

Heh, I'm right there with you on not being a fan of the G being Q theory; first and foremost, they're both fantastic characters in their own right and I think it would be a crime to take the creepy, lumbering, marionette-moving, possibly sympathetic and remorseful nature of Q and turn it into the flashy, over the top stylish, charming showman, explosive awesomeness with hints of sinister motives of G or vice versa, tearing all that dazzle from G and making him Q.

Having them both occupy space in SF is possible and could be pretty cool. As I mentioned in my vid "Golden Question", I thought of their dynamic like Kamen Rider Black; Gorgom (G in this case), makes Kotoro (Q) to be his elite footsoldier. Q, either once was a loyal follower who wised up, or a complete bystander pulled into an organization of evil. Changed into a monster by this organization, something happens that allows him to retain his humanity and fight back against his creator. It's so very toku and could be fun.

Also the other reason I don't want this to be true is that, the mystery is so much fun, if they revealed his identity THIS early and easily without , it would be disappointing. It's just too on the nose for me.

I agree with you that Capcom's plan is working. In the thread of the art I requested from the ever-awesome QuasimodoX, a few comments and retweets were "Why is he fighting himself?" lol

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I thought of their dynamic like Kamen Rider Black; Gorgom (G in this case), makes Kotoro (Q) to be his elite footsoldier. 

I loved the reference. this one is straight up my childhood Kamen Rider.

Because Kamen Rider Black was the first Kamen Rider shown in my country and the only Showa era Rider seen here in the 90s.

And the rest were in early 2ks the return was Heisei beginning with Kamen Rider Ryuki, I'm also a fan of Blade because of the king form armor which I also collect merchandise base on it.

I made some Toku reference too before when addressing G and Q theory in the Storythread in SRK too but more on the blacked eye when @Doctrine_Dark originally spoil us with the art for the alternate costumes and the unmask mod of G's alternate costumes. 

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-super-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread/576649/2663

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-ultra-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread/586509/1136

My speculation after seeing the mod and the concept art with a male and female that this is like an example of a mind controlled individuals, since the guy beneath looks younger.

The dark shaded eyes are common trope to tokusatsu shows like metal heroes and kamen rider that signifies a person is being mind controlled.

Wait for @Shockdingo he has also a lot of decent theories on Q. than anyone else would said and explain.

So later I revisited the Kamen Rider Fandom when Decade came up, its a hell of nostalgia and later learned a lot about other Riders that weren't shown in my country locally. So what I had found out that Kamen Rider Black story template is just like the other earlier Kamen Rider Stories. Its the same case with Gundam Wing which is the first Gundam Shown here.

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I thought of their dynamic like Kamen Rider Black; Gorgom (G in this case), makes Kotoro (Q) to be his elite footsoldier. Q, either once was a loyal follower who wised up, or a complete bystander pulled into an organization of evil. Changed into a monster by this organization, something happens that allows him to retain his humanity and fight back against his creator. It's so very toku and could be fun.

So I would like to add more reference to your theory.  I know you might have checked 1st and second Kamen Rider .

But there was a remake that was unmentioned and was never revisited anymore after the guy behind it quits in the franchise.

Its the same situation with Shin Kamen Rider (92) which haven't been revisited  unlike the other riders, And it will be the same name of another remake film titled Shin Kamen Rider.  

This is the new Shin Kamen Rider unrelated to the Shin Kamen Rider (92) and this isn't the Kamen Rider one and two remake I was talking about. 

This remake that what I meant

The story template is basically the as the original and was adopted to Kamen Rider Black, Typical underground secret terrorist organization that is technologically advanced and into brain washing to create a super soldier army. The first movie was is a re-imagination of V1 and V2 story.

The follow up sequel is the one that would make you interested Kamen Rider The Next (2007).  Where it re-imagines the story of Kamen Rider V3 where the KR1 and KR2 teamed up against V3. 

Check out their enemy soldiers in the remake. They are now all Kamen Riders Armies instead of bunch of mechanical goons in the previous movie and the original show.

qO1zDa2.gif

So every troops now in the organization is a Kamen Rider like them but leads by another superior and newer version of a Kamen Rider(V3)

n1s3tpe.gif

Checkout the MASK there are no fancy transformation in this iteration and remake the KR in this movie they are more casual in transformation.

OsFk3z5.gif

I don't know how the costume appears in thin air but he they might suit up like a Spiderman unlimited in fox or simply like Spiderman in japan transformation.

I really like this movie because it brings back memories like I'm watching 80s and 90s Toku, that has horror like themes and difficulty struggles on the protagonist. Unlike the modern riders that are more on selling merch and the jokes that aren't resonate on me. Kabuto and Faiz are dark too but not as like the 80s and 90s. I haven't watch the new KR Amazons yet but it like something gory which I'm not into, I might checkout Garo if I have free time.

Looks like they complete forget them and even in crossover they weren't mentioned and went through with other newer Riders connected with the original version of 1 and 2

zVSK2au.png

While they already passed with the 4th version unrelated to the two film and the 3rd that isn't V3 even there is a V3 originally prior to the remake, Sango is now Kamen Rider 3 which also a separate to Kamen Rider V3

3UXzaJm.png

Alright, lads. HK comics are on their way AND I found a service in China that will let me buy items from local China vendors and ship them to me while offering English service for very reasonable fees. I am going to be looking for other rare comics or rare books for SF and KOF and will be snatching them up.

I have already managed to locate a copy of End of NESTs, a rare KOF manga only released as a convention exclusive. This book has NEVER been scanned online as far as I can see though the first two parts of the series have. The vendor had 3 copies available and I bought all 3 copies to try and preserve them considering how rare they seem to be. I am going to endeavor to recover and scan what I can for HK comics that are not otherwise available online since I consider their contents to be extremely significant to the history of SF and KOF and, as time goes on, they'll only get harder and harder to find and I would hate to see them lost to time.

Hey guys!

Due to my asking on the Discord channel about Street Fighter comics managed by Udon staff themself, there was opened a new disussion branch. Now I'm trying to invite all the writers, artists and decision makers to have a forum where we'll give them feedback and provide inspiration.

All of you are wellcome to join here: https://discord.com/invite/e3nGxHK

At the same time I'm inviting them to come and join us here. I suppose that it will be very helpfull for them to read lore details about our favourite characters, to get some things right, recieve new ideas, ask questions. I really hope that some of them will join and the creation result will be even better than the fantastic comics before!

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

It just occurred to me...

Adelheid Bernstein is everything Ed tried to be and predates him.

Definitely, i think it's the main inspiration 😄

Then you throw in some Eminem, Rock Howard, EDward Falcon Steve Fox,, Azel (GodHand) and maybe some Patroklos too

Who knows, maybe in SF6 Capcom will give him some sort of Sky Noah for his Neo Shadaloo lol

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

It is weird but deep down i love your color scheme chart. It has a lot of inspiration from it lol 😆 .

personally i'm having lot of fun  searching them, both because know the reference make me appreciate way more the actual colors and because it's cool when you're like "i know already seen this" and finally figure it out 

There are some patterns that capcom took doing this, but sometimes they go crazy lmao... like G having 2 Doraemon colors lol 

Plus considering often they made reference from same saga/series/whatever is fun you end up accidentally find a char color reference when you was searching another one lol

Last it's cool that during research you end up find tons of stuff you never seen before, like just yesterday i discovered where Dan's giant puppet costume come from 😄

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

personally i'm having lot of fun  searching them, both because know the reference make me appreciate way more the actual colors and because it's cool when you're like "i know already seen this" and finally figure it out 

There are some patterns that capcom took doing this, but sometimes they go crazy lmao... like G having 2 Doraemon colors lol 

Plus considering often they made reference from same saga/series/whatever is fun you end up accidentally find a char color reference when you was searching another one lol

Last it's cool that during research you end up find tons of stuff you never seen before, like just yesterday i discovered where Dan's giant puppet costume come from 😄

i thought that puppet costume was inspired by blanka's blanka-chan dolls 🤔

1 hour ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

i thought that puppet costume was inspired by blanka's blanka-chan dolls 🤔

i thought the same as you, then i saw this (next to Chun li) 

puzzle-fighter.png

SFV Dan it's like he's wearing just the head of that thing

Of course SFV one is bit different (like a shitty Dan-made version of it) as in-story it's indeed big replica of the small ones he did in SFV story, but concept wise pretty sure somebody at Capcom seen that old piece and used it as starting idea lol

Edited by CESTUS III

Okay I can confirm that the Street Fighter Zero 3 manhua is the one that features history of fighters including a younger M. Bison training as part of a huge paramilitary organization under a man in a similar green uniform. This is a manhua I have seen before but I have more issues than I've seen before. Going through it quickly. I am still digging through all this stuff and organizing it. I am going to be taking pics and uploading them to here as I see neat stuff.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

i thought the same as you, then i saw this (next to Chun li) 

puzzle-fighter.png

SFV Dan it's like he's wearing just the head of that thing

Of course SFV one is bit different (like a shitty Dan-made version of it) as in-story it's indeed big replica of the small ones he did in SFV story, but concept wise pretty sure somebody at Capcom seen that old piece and used it as starting idea lol

It does indeed look like his costume lol, i  don't know how Capcom does it but sometimes i think they use ideas from pieces of art like this to incorporate into some of the costume designs, actually pretty unique and cool in my opinion.

Alright so this is how I'm going to do it...time to start posting up issue reviews/overviews as we await more Street Fighter news.

I'm going to start with this manhua for Super Street Fighter II which I've never seen before.

Issue #2 (I don't have #1)

spacer.png

So book opens up with the world having been devastated by wars making it slightly but not entirely post apocalyptic. Looks like Street Fighter and the power of the fist has begun to rule. Oh also there's dinosaurs because shut up there are.

We're immediately introduced to an island nation that reminds me very much of Shad from the Kanzaki manga. Bunch of different varied areas on it including a battle arena. In a huge high rise some guys around a board table are discussing a paper that includes a rough image of Akuma. Seems like Bison is in charge of this office. Maybe it's a crime organization? Either way, Bison shows off his power by shredding the middle of the table with a touch of his fingers and a bit of psycho power, shocking the other important man in the room who is smoking a cigar.

Scene changes to  a huge luxury cruise ship named "Vega". Gee wonder who owns it?! Its big enough to have its own indoor golf course. Its got its own casino too and has people betting on battles between praying mantises. Sure okay.

Fei-Long looking THE COOLEST HE HAS EVER BEEN walks in and bets against a muscle head regarding the mantises.

spacer.png

We then see a scene on board the boat with crates getting moved and one is dropped and spills out a bunch of guns. Clearly this is illegal arms dealing going on. The worker gets a talking to by a mustached supervisor. The man then leaves and goes through the bowels of the boat where we see this boat seems to have HUGE ICBMS loaded in it. WOW Shadaloo's arms tech is LEGIT. As the man passes by a shadowy area we see a hint of a military boot and green pants. He's being spied on. Gotta be Guile.

A mantis gets beheaded by the other. Muscle head loses the bet and gets mad at Fei Long for winning. Throw-down ensues. Over the course of a couple pages of solid fight art, Fei Long destroys the dude and throws him into a wall. People go to see what's happening with the fight and pass by a couple kissing along the ships railing. It's Ken and Eliza.

Ken, however, doesn't care about the fight at the front of the ship and instead notices a small fishing boat out to see. We see a man fishing on it. Akuma.WOW introduced crazy early. He catches a huge fish but tosses it back into the water. The man rowing the boat asks Akuma something and the water gets really rough...and Akuma is GONE from the boat. When the boatman looks, he can see a wake in the water from his boat to the cruise ship...and up the side of the cruise ship in the metal of the hull are footprints. Damn, Akuma...way to make an entrance.

Fei-Long continues to obliterate the big man, beating him so fiercely with rekka-kens that he pummels him in between two metal cargo containers. This is actually REALLY awesome.

spacer.png

The big guy gets mad though and veins protrude on his brow and his eyes turn red while his teeth get sharp. Ken is the first to notice something is strange. The big guy breaks out from between the containers and is JACKED with power and there's an aura of Akuma over him. Is this dude using the SnH?

The guy turns the tides on Fei-Long and lifts a CARGO CONTAINER to smash him with. Ken, however, defends him, charging up a hadoken...which we see Akuma sense. Akuma is on the other side of the cargo containers, his SnH actually traveling from his own body to that of the meat head. So he super charged the guy with SnH to test Fei-Long? Damn that's cool.

Fei-Long doesn't need Ken's help though and he obliterates the entire cargo container with a flaming kick. Awesome. Ken and Fei Long have a brief exchange but Fei-Long just leaves...and finds a fishing pole (the one Akuma was using) but nothing else.

The boat reaches a port on the island and we see it has its own mini Las Vegas. Yeah this is DEFINITELY reminding me of Shad now. The Street Fighter tournament is announced and begins kicking off with Ken. It looks like the tournament (as would be expected) spans across the entire island and is fought in the streets. Ken, while wandering to look for an opponent, notices a familiar red headband and leaps atop a building to find Ryu. The two square off under the moon as the issue ends.

spacer.png

And that's it for issue 1...errr...2

I gotta say, this is really coherent and easy to follow. The art is very well structured and flows nicely and, even though I can't read it, I feel like I have no issue following up with events for the most part. Art is VERY solid. VERY. It feels inspired by the SFII Animated Movie and the SF art that was contemporary at the time.

I'm impressed so far. This is all cool.

Gonna put up at least one issue breakdown every day going forward. If anyone wants to know anything in particular or wants to see something, just let me know and I'll do my best.

HIGHLIGHT:

Akuma charging up the meat head with his own SnH to test Fei-Long was super cool. Really really neat idea and something that would be easy to incorporate into gameplay even in a non-fighting game presentation of Street Fighter. Doesn't seem absurd or 'magical' or anything like that. I really liked it.

Edited by YagamiFire

Ok, been going through these issues and saw something that IMMEDIATELY jumped out at me...

Check this out in the Zero 3 comic

spacer.png

Seems like some kind of Psycho Drive thing kind of? The Four Kings use it to siphon off the bestial natural energy of Blanka but it doesn't look fun. In fact it strains their hearts and  they look like it's going to make them explode. As you can see, the primary feed seems to be just above the groin in the tanden point.

Funny that.

The machine looks REAL similar to something else...

spacer.png

Hmm

As a quick follow-up, I took the time to use Google Translate app on my phone on the pages and it gave me two bits of insight...

1: I was spot on about what the machine was doing. It isn't the Psycho Drive but is a ki-draining device that injects it into other warriors. Balrog was able to absorb 15% before his heart was going to overload. Vega was 20%. Sagat was 25%. Bison was able to absorb the full remaining 40%.

2: The advances in the Google Translate app are really good. Good enough that I'm considering going through the process of translating all this stuff...or at least key stuff to get a better understanding of what is going on

11 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

It does indeed look like his costume lol, i  don't know how Capcom does it but sometimes i think they use ideas from pieces of art like this to incorporate into some of the costume designs, actually pretty unique and cool in my opinion.

It's exactly what they do, and i love that

There's so much material, i ever thought i saw everything by them through years and doing this color reference thing i'm discovering lot of pieces/stuff i never seen before lol

8 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Oh also there's dinosaurs because shut up there are.

Well no problem with that, SF2V Retsuden manga and even SF canon have them too lol 😄

9 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

HIGHLIGHT:

Akuma charging up the meat head with his own SnH to test Fei-Long was super cool. Really really neat idea and something that would be easy to incorporate into gameplay even in a non-fighting game presentation of Street Fighter. Doesn't seem absurd or 'magical' or anything like that. I really liked it.

Tbh i would find it bit redundant since we already got Bison doing similar shit with psycho power, BUT if ever we will have to accept a SF chapter with Akuma as main/final Boss i would find him less boring if he get some "SnH philosophy" disciples that may work as sub-bosses... like, they don't need to be Japanese, dress like shotos or even use Ansatsuken... actually they would be infinitely BETTER if they don't

I'm speaking just about fighters from different corners of the world/styles recognizing Akuma's status on top of food chain and following his path in Bison-ShadaKings kind of way

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Balrog was able to absorb 15% before his heart was going to overload. Vega was 20%. Sagat was 25%. Bison was able to absorb the full remaining 40%.

Fun thing is there seems also used as way to show some kind of proportion of power between them, even if to be fair if its was like that gap should probably be much wider