Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'm honestly surprised Capcom doesn't use more characters from Slam Masters, it is in the same universe as Street Fighter. But we got Rival Schools so anything is possible 

They never appeared at anything in any modern Capcom Crossover Games nor any Capcom Arcade Collection since then the First Playstation and Saturn. Even in Merchandise that about Capcom classic titles Slammaster is the only game that is missing/

The last time they appeared in any was Alpha 2 in the background stage.

It was initially suspected that it was about copyright issue because the character had been design with the Fist of North Star Manga Artist.

However LAST YEAR, All of a sudden after decades Slammaster re-appeared for the first time  to be included in a Capcom Collection for Nintendo Switch 

0ufVRNL.png

For someone like me that had a work related to copyright and publishers in the past. Here my thought regarding the situation. It maybe Capcom that finally had made an arrangement to Tetsuo Hara the Manga Artist and confirmed to him the extent of rights for usage of the characters. 

And also later that year Slammaster also became included as a part of an Arcade1UP collection of games for the SF2 Big Blue Arcade

dr1hDAh.png

Goenitz is indeed underrated, one of the best and most unique Boss designs SNK ever did... does'nt ride too much their own edgy gimmicks, have very distinct style and attitude and very imposing aura 

One they wasted was Zero's clone, the brown haired man with black stache from KoF 2000, guy had potential to break out  some snk visual trends but ultimately end up having super weak impact lol 

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

One they wasted was Zero's clone, the brown haired man with black stache from KoF 2000, guy had potential to break out  some snk visual trends but ultimately end up having super weak impact lol 

I feel like he would have had a huge impact were it not for 2001 Zero stealing his thunder in addition to having to share with Kula and Ron in the same game.

He's similar to Goentiz in terms of having a grand plan. He murdered Krizalid, infiltrated two mercenary groups to get access to a cannon and ended up destroying Southtown; A huge blow to almost every character and faction in the game. He was the one villain who actually got what he wanted, weakening NESTS to the point they were forced play their hand the next year. He helps to encapsulate the overall theme of the NESTS arc: showing why exactly the Orochi clan were justified in their worry of humanity.

The only problem I felt was that they introduced somebody like him a bit too early into NESTS. We only had 99 to introduce the cartel so it feels like the second game should have spent more time elaborating on the cartel and the Kyo Clones before we got extra layers like traitors. That on top of the fact that SNK seem to want to forget that Southtown was destroyed (probably because, like a lot of things about KOF2000, it was an allegory for their bankruptcy)

Edited by N-Tactix
8 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

The only problem I felt was that they introduced somebody like him a bit too early into NESTS. We only had 99 to introduce the cartel so it feels like the second game should have spent more time elaborating on the cartel and the Kyo Clones before we got extra layers like traitors. That on top of the fact that SNK seem to want to forget that Southtown was destroyed (probably because, like a lot of things about KOF2000, it was an allegory for their bankruptcy)

Never considered the timing thing, but you're spot on, feels like wrong place at the wrong moment situation lol

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Any time I read KOF lore here, I get the urge to watch Tanzong's KOF story recaps again. He finally put them all together in one video.

This cracked me up, and just remember Goenitz took Rugal's eye make him even more awesome

15 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Goenitz is indeed underrated, one of the best and most unique Boss designs SNK ever did... does'nt ride too much their own edgy gimmicks, have very distinct style and attitude and very imposing aura 

L1e66vt.png

Weird. Are you sure your talking about this guy?

Goenitz was never underrated as an SNK boss

His one of the best and he is acknowledge and recognize multiple times for that by SNK themselves and his popular to the KOF fans. His always been praise and loved in the KOF community. SNK themselves never underrate Goenitz. lol

Goenitz was never been set aside by KOF fans nor SNK and Goenitz was never looked bellow for his design. His one of the most memorable and liked compare to other nostagic 90s boss like Krauser and Mr Big. His even up above mostly recognize than those NEST saga bosses.

If there was underrated that would be the likes of Mukai, Krauser or could be anything that has been a KOF boss you like but it was never ever been GOENITZ, because GOENITZ was along the level of popularity like Geese and Rugal. 

There was even MULTIPLE HOMAGE and TRIBUTE with GOENITZ as a boss from the community or SNK themselves than any boss later on.

I always wonder WHAT YOUR AGE when XMEN VS STREET FIGHTER Came OUT? Or your first impression with that game?  You even said in the past that JIN SAOTOME FIRST DEBUT was in MVC2. LOL

It's like your something still in 20s or near 20s pretending TO BE AN ADULT that claims to work in MANY company or a designer when you lose a argument to everyone in the several past conversation like 2016-2017 era on SFV character anticipation thread while gatekeeping and discrediting other's request and opinions about character they like. When you start losing the argument that you started because your the one that engage against them in the first place.

If people were requesting women in the thread, you call them out saying that they are requesting that character because they have V@G!NA the same argument when people were disliking EL FUERTE to return and your saying people dislike him because he has NO V@G!NA, Until I corrected you that was gameplay reason.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

This cracked me up, and just remember Goenitz took Rugal's eye make him even more awesome

lol. That was heavily implied and known about his character.  It's like forgetting that Chris is the one hosting the Orochi.

That was even Goenitz number one most recognize feats, It's like Ryu to Sagat's scar. 

acI0yzt.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
15 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Goenitz is also made that much cooler by having the most vicious fighting style in all of KOF. The dude TEARS pieces out of his opponents. He is a brutal monster. I love it. It's a great juxtaposition with his regal, clerical bearing. His martial arts is just so damn cool looking.

Also keep in mind, Goenitz was trying to KILL Rugal when he took out his eye. It was only Rugal's strength that saved him from dying...which means Goenitz was likely trying to rip Rugal's entire head open. The man is an absolute beast

Edited by YagamiFire

OH! THe one boss we NEED to come back so he can be a proper boss...

THIS creepy bastard! There's something about this dude that I just love. Ron has so much presence it's crazy!

be7b3d791f9f82de31d1c654d8dd8917.jpg

I just know that when this dudes robe comes off he can END people. He has this aura about him that he's not to be trifled with. I'd unflinchingly let Ron be like prime Gen-tier..able to rumble with the big dogs

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

OH! THe one boss we NEED to come back so he can be a proper boss...

THIS creepy bastard!

In a just world, the next arc after NESTS should have been about Duo Lon hunting Ron down while Kensou gets it together. 

Also, on Goentiz, according to SNK, he was a teenager when he gouged Rugal's eye out and as a 30 year old, murdered Chizuru's sister who was then only 12. He's despicable. 

Edited by N-Tactix
7 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Goenitz is also made that much cooler by having the most vicious fighting style in all of KOF. The dude TEARS pieces out of his opponents. He is a brutal monster. I love it. It's a great juxtaposition with his regal, clerical bearing. His martial arts is just so damn cool looking.

Also keep in mind, Goenitz was trying to KILL Rugal when he took out his eye. It was only Rugal's strength that saved him from dying...which means Goenitz was likely trying to rip Rugal's entire head open. The man is an absolute beast

Yeah, iirc he gave him bit of Orochi power as reward for surviving it lmao

Another thing i remember of him was the fucking stage... see the arena completely fucked over by his wind powers was awesome FG experience

Yet the dude rarely get mentioned as much as he should for the returning bosses thing i usually see more names like Rugal (of course, he's possibly the best SNK Boss*), Orochi (make sense but boooring) or Krizalid or Igniz

*to me Geese is even better character design as quality itself, but no doubt Rugal offer waaay greater scale of threat in everything he does, and that's huge factor for a Boss

2 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

In a just world, the next arc after NESTS should have been about Duo Lon hunting Ron down while Kensou gets it together. 

Also, on Goentiz, according to SNK, he was a teenager when he gouged Rugal's eye out and as a 30 year old, murdered Chizuru's sister who was then only 12. He's despicable. 

Yeah i remember the thing of Goenitz being younger than Rugal, wich made the humiliation even greater... specially considering Rugal's concept of being a natural fighting genius, you would expect the humble pie coming from an older master with more experience than him, not from a younger guy

Just sold greatly the idea of "you was big fish in a small pond, but this is the sea"

Bit like when Krauser as kid almost killed the older Geese, but to some extent Goenitz one felt more hype

Villain on villain dynamic ever works to me, wish Street Fighter use it better and more often

I mean they spam it to say "Akuma stronk" bullshit (wich are the ones i would erase if i can lol), but rarely does it otherwise

Example as much i don't like him getting spammed as SF Boss, Bison showing up and wrecking Seth was cool af (sure ingame Seth feeling mediocre helped it, but still)

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah i remember the thing of Goenitz being younger than Rugal

Another interesting thing about Goentiz is that he pretends to be a priest of a another religion yet doesn't believe in it at all according to his Japanese wiki page (likely Catholicism considering how the genderflipped version has her nationality written as Italian) 

He was also responsible for trashing Kyo almost completely in front of Benimaru between 95 and 96, causing Kyo to humble himself and revamp his fighting style. 

But I disagree with the fact that he was overlooked, at the time there was huge build up to him. His appearance in the KOF Kyo manga and a novel of him as a teenager beating Rugal were released before 96 came out. He had huge presence in 96 itself and into 97 as well, arguably being the true villain of the Orochi saga moreso than Rugal, CYS and arguably even Orochi could ever be. His revenge on Vice and Mature also helps cement him a well done villain since his last act is technically spiting his former allies. He appeared in SvC Chaos and the console ports of 02 too where his appearance was one of the big highlights of that game. 

I'd argue that Capcom would have likely used him for CvS3 back when it considered as their 2d swan song in 2002-03. But that's a digression. 

I wouldn't say he was forgotten or tossed to the side. He just had to compete with the likes of Rugal, Geese, Krizalid, Igniz etc who all have their own reasons for being as popular as they are (and in my opinion, except for Igniz, better than him) . Mukai and C. Zero are the ones that got overshadowed.

EDIT: Actually, his impact lingers even into the EX series, where EX2 is all about some billionaire wanting to resurrect Goentiz to gain his abilities and using a boy with one of the sacred treasures to be Goentiz' temporary host. Even concept art for 94 and SNK's comments have them show that Chris with Goentiz's robes was always planned as the ultimate villain of the Orochi storyline from the get go before they split the character concepts into two. 

Edited by N-Tactix

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yet the dude rarely get mentioned as much as he should for the returning bosses thing i usually see more names like Rugal (of course, he's possibly the best SNK Boss*), Orochi (make sense but boooring) or Krizalid or Igniz

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?, Krizalid and Igniz never any better recognition, homage or tribute greater than GOENITZ from both fans, community nor SNK themselves.  Even wayback before the dark ages.

Yes, GOENITZ had been always the better boss between the two, but your WRONG with your claims, because the dude/GOENITZ is always been mentioned given homage and tribute by fans, community and SNK as much close to RUGAL and Geese compare to Krizalid and Igniz.

Are you sure that this two are more appreciated by fans and SNK than Goenitz?

po1eeug.png

WHY? The whole NEST saga wasn't even about Igniz, Igniz was just a all of a sudden boss that was only known near the last stage of the game and Krizalid was more of disposable clone after his death. Both character were irrelevant after and before death. There were no strong lingering threat about them after death and before they were even bosses. THAT'S A POOR COMPARISON TO GOENITZ being reference countless times by SNK and by their fans.

Everyone knows that GOENITZ is superior in appeal of design than Orochi, It has been a common knowledge. It's like you really confusing GOENITZ by how you compare him to Krizalid and Igniz as the lesser reference from.

30 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

*to me Geese is even better character design as quality itself, but no doubt Rugal offer waaay greater scale of threat in everything he does, and that's huge factor for a Boss

It's funny how you talk like your ACTING this was the  FIRST TIME to discussed the better among KOF bosses  which is better since this had been tackle in many versions of past story threads. Trying to sound something different, Trying to be a hipster eh?

LOL. WHAT IN THE WORLD made Rugal the lesser boss design overall to Geese?

It is given that Rugal was the better boss regarding design for a lot of aspect in the past thread. It's like you belittle Rugal's Design that what makes him better than Geese was BECAUSE HIS WAAY GREATER SCALE THREAT. 

This is Rugal

e5y5WfF.gif

Yes Geese was a memorable a boss, but Geese was just like a generic stereotype of 80s action movie villain way back if compared to Rugal.  Rugal is the best definition of ARCADE FIGHTING GAME BOSS in the 90s that is superior in many many aspect of design compare to Geese in the 90s. Because it was Rugal that SNK applied everything they learned from their past design mistake and Rugal was the polished result of that.

This is Geese

GtUZcAT.gif

LOL

Geese is more like comparable to a slightly better Akuma boss design in the 90s, because of what makes Geese better than Terry having a OP version of his projectile attack in the 90s, just like Ryu is to Akuma in the 90s. Rugal was way above the league of those two boss characters in terms of DESIGN in many aspect even WITHOUT the greater scale threat backstory.

Even in terms of EVOLUTION of two characters Rugal is much more better in OVERALL DESIGN than Geese.  Even Capcom re-access how their FG bosses characters were designed because of RUGAL in the KOF 94 that it even influence the Bison in the later Alpha.  Rugal redefine what should a Fighting Game Bosses in arcades.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Scotia said:

Capcom blue-balled us so hard last month that this turned into the KOF story thread in my absence.

This thread will turn into a Samurai Shodown thread once they reveal the next team. Then it'll turn into a KOF thread again when Orochi Team shows up, then right after that the Tekken 8 teaser will be revealed at...

1 hour ago, BootyWarrior said:

This thread will turn into a Samurai Shodown thread once they reveal the next team. Then it'll turn into a KOF thread again when Orochi Team shows up, then right after that the Tekken 8 teaser will be revealed at...

Hah, it's gonna be a looooong wait till summer.

OcbAErP.png

Here's something to think about

All of Shinkiro’s illustration is done digitally. “From the rough sketch, I draw it all in Photoshop. I don’t use pen and paper at all. Coloring is done with many, many adjustment layers”. Thanks to Shinkiro’s influence, many members of Capcom’s design division have started using this technique. By the way, we were surprised to find that the Shinkiro-style illustrations for the SNK characters in the first game where actually done by Capcom designers imitating his style.

-

Source: http://itsfantastic.moe/capcom-vs-snk-2-another-play-guide-dev-interviews-pt-1/?fbclid=IwAR1yu_7InAHGmY1kcW7N9r92DoyAB-w6hRWMMEc5J3i33RHus1sbepHDWeA

On 3/25/2022 at 6:13 AM, HD-Man said:

I'm honestly surprised Capcom doesn't use more characters from Slam Masters, it is in the same universe as Street Fighter. But we got Rival Schools so anything is possible 

The problem with Slam Masters characters is they all use the same martial art.  And it's one that's already well represented in SF.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Time to talk a bit about the great disappointment of SFV...no I'm not talking about the state of the game upon release 😂 I'm talking about Necalli...

Have we ever pointed to Pickle from Baki as being a particular source of inspiration for Necalli? Pickle is an ancient human being awoken in the modern day that fights like an animal and has a penchant to devour-our-our his opponents as prey

Seems very similar

spacer.png

1 minute ago, DarthEnderX said:

The problem with Slammaster characters is they all use the same martial art.  And it's one that's already well represented in SF.

That's kind of like saying all the karate characters in SF use 'the same martial art'. Wrestling has a HUGE variety to it stylistically. I mean, if we want to be SUPER reductive, we could just say anyone using karate OR a traditional Chinese martial art are using 'the same martial art' because one originates from the other.

7 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

That's kind of like saying all the karate characters in SF use 'the same martial art'. Wrestling has a HUGE variety to it stylistically.

Nah.  It does have a FEW varieties, but even those are mostly represented already.  Lucha, Puroresu, Super heavyweight, technical grappler, etc.

Especially since we're specifically dealing with "Pro Wrestlers" and not just "wrestlers".

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The problem with Slam Masters characters is they all use the same martial art.  And it's one that's already well represented in SF.

Mika, Black Widow, Gunlock, Ortega, and El Fuerte fight nothing alike other than a few superficial similarities. It's about who you're choosing to add to the roster. If you add one or two, it's not gonna throw things off.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

By the way, we were surprised to find that the Shinkiro-style illustrations for the SNK characters in the first game where actually done by Capcom designers imitating his style.

That would explain why they were so awful. At first I thought it was him struggling to keep up with doing art for both KOF2000 and CVS1. 

Wish he stayed in SNK just to finish up NESTS at least but it's understandable why he left. 

45 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Time to talk a bit about the great disappointment of SFV...no I'm not talking about the state of the game upon release 😂 I'm talking about Necalli...

Have we ever pointed to Pickle from Baki as being a particular source of inspiration for Necalli? Pickle is an ancient human being awoken in the modern day that fights like an animal and has a penchant to devour-our-our his opponents as prey

Seems very similar

spacer.png

Pickle may have some common traits, but he's also very very different character... i think also given the period is possible the fact that they took some inspiration from him  too, specially at very early phase when first concept was Necalli being a straight cannibal with prehistoric vibes

But then when they finally chosen a direction (Nec concept sketches proof at first they thought 99 different directions lol) they jumped on create Jojo's Pillar Men in SF 😄

What may be survived of him (Pickle) may be color of skin and hair that indeed is similar to Nec's, combat style influence (wich indeed have similarities,specially when Nec dash and attack with his claws), the cannibal trait (even if there they switched on Pillar Men methods) and possibly having both a more animalistic/savage form they can trigger (even if different)

But on general i agree, somewhere Pickle is there too 👍

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

That's kind of like saying all the karate characters in SF use 'the same martial art'. Wrestling has a HUGE variety to it stylistically. I mean, if we want to be SUPER reductive, we could just say anyone using karate OR a traditional Chinese martial art are using 'the same martial art' because one originates from the other.

I'm kinda in the middle between these two positions

I mean first as priority i want see as many iconic martial arts as possible, like have Karate, Boxing, Kung Fu (rep), Wrestling, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Sumo, etc etc etc, possibly with national rep vibes

That's why example see Korea/TKD Juri joining FINALLY SF4 was such big deal for me, covered an hole the series imho had for years

Or why finally see Sagat and later Honda join SFV gave me the feel the cast did giant step toward being "complete" in my eyes.. it still is'nt but got close (and Luke in S5 adding that MMA vibes, helped too even if i wish he had some grappling)

After that is done or mostly done i'm open to sub-styles variations of same main group

Must say that i appreciated them do stuff like Hakan... you added a muscle-wrestler, but still felt (as actually is) his own martial art with nothing to do with PS world

I would not necessary be bothered by 4 pro-wrestlers (actually i like the idea of have Zangief, Alex, Mika and a luchador in same cast), but it would bother me if i get 4 pro-wrestler and no, let's say, Muay Thai rep or Tae Kwon Do rep

Of course it's not limited to pro wrestling itself, example Ed being another boxer (story justified, but i don't care) bothered me

Balrog and Dudley in same cast was awesome though, but that because both were THE boxer in respective chapters and clashed in SF4 (wich anyway offered GREAT martial arts variety)

Imho they missed cool opportunity with Ed, but that's a concept/vision i had lol

Another i dislike is when new additions don't identify much with a new/still missing martial art because in my head don't help complete the cast lol

All end up about the vision one have of SF, or when SF does his best

To me is when you get international martial arts tournament vibes, anytime they go for too story shit/organization/scifi shit we go away from it 🤣

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I loved Necalli's design especially his badass transformed state, just seemed like he was inconsequential to the story for the most part. I'd love to see him back in a role that matters 

i wish they followed more what the trailer hinted Necalli to be, a waaay more powerful threat with the ability to literally "eat" Satsui no Hado 

Like a world where they had balls and admit Akuma japan stronk bs bored everybody with decent taste, and make Necalli pull a Garuda on him lol

Imagine the epicness of Ryu vs Necalli, if Necalli was SFV Ryu's last boss, and before that used snh ability against Akuma making him run away with tail between legs lol 

Would have made clear no basic Ryu neither "Evil Ryu" would have a chance, without the MnK "evolution" 

But that would have interfered with their precious "Akuma stronk, stronkest" shit they're trying to build for decades lol

Necalli ad potential new great villain has been killed by capcom, who prefered use him to make old villains shine 

Ironically if we stick to story background Nec have easily the most epic premise of whole SF cast for a villain... a supernatural being thousands years old, in a context where everybody else is way more "limited" 

Think Oro being just 140yo as huge deal, or Bison and Gill needing science to reach their superhuman state 

Necalli backstory make them feel almost normal/grounded by comparision 😄

Too bad they summoned something like that only to be everybody's stepstone punchbag

Edited by CESTUS III

We have to live with the fact that in Street Fighter V we got stuck with Virgin Necalli while Street Fighter EX was blessed with Chad Garuda

EDIT:

Necalli should 'devour' people like with his awakened Super,  ripping their chi right out of their body and consuming their very soul...and he should have done that to Bison...

...then Necalli, after another fight, should have suddenly started lurching around...then laughed, reached up and used Psycho Power energy to burn off his long hair and slick it back before opening blank, white eyes.

Bing, bang, boom. Necalli gets to be a good, strong one-off villain while also serving to give Bison a new body that can handle his power, thus ending that overused arc of his already. Necalli already has a physical form close to Bison's and has black hair. They look similar enough in every way that matters. It would have worked perfectly

Edited by YagamiFire

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I loved Necalli's design especially his badass transformed state, just seemed like he was inconsequential to the story for the most part. I'd love to see him back in a role that matters 

Necali role in SFV should have been a filler role for Akuma's absence in the SFV storymode but Capcom clearly can't hold down Akuma for awhile til the later season and quickly put him in DLC to make profit. So it's like Capcom dwindle down his role in the later part of the storymode and it's obvious.

Despite that Necali is flexible character, his not like Guile and Chun li that were motivated by Shadaloo nor like Kage that is tied with Ryu. His a character attracted to power like Bison and Ryu.

His also among the few characters in SF universe that have some sort of immortality plot devices along the likes of Bison, Gill and Seth

So well likey see him return at some point. His more comparable to the characters like Juri, Q, Vega/Claw, Viper and etc that is flexible in role that can be a recurring regular at this point.

I literally want him to merge with Kage, like Venom is to Eddie that they worked together against Ryu.

And so that their will be no Evil Ryu anymore for good. He is even more like proto-kage or the first SF4-EvilRyu replacement for SF5

Edited by Shakunetsu

Edit: This was a reply to @YagamiFire's post. Shakunetsu went Young Zeku and beat me to the punch. 😉

Yeah before Necalli released they were saying how, V-Trigger Necalli was a genius. He was basically going to be a gameplay rendition of the Akuma/Shin Akuma concept. Regular Necalli was mentally limited and savage. V-Trigger Necalli was to be intelligent and tactical. Yet another example of how they just dropped the ball with Necalli. He should have been the most interesting character in the game. Seth was doomed concept from the beginning in SFIV. Necalli was a great concept that they just flat backed out of. Necalli could have been a great Aztec warrior that lost himself to the Satsui No Hado defending his people from the Conquistadors. He could have been tragic tale, with V-Trigger Necalli representing the brief lucid moments of the man that was.  Instead we got Play Doh Gimpcalli that gets bodied by everyone in A Shadow Falls.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 3/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, Shakunetsu said:

The Stage shown in that video was another interesting take on SF2 Bison Thailand Stage

It reminds me of the other iteration from SF4 aftermath video featuring Viper

On 3/24/2022 at 3:58 AM, Daemos said:

That stage should've made a canonical appearance in the series!!! Or as an Alternate to the one in SF5.

However, they ALSO referenced/re-enacted another famous SF2 scene.... (min 4:33)

On 3/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, Shakunetsu said:

I was waiting for Luke to intervene the fight of Akuma and Orochi haha

Yeah, a pity he didn't appear in that trailer.

Edited by Lord_Vega

Everything about Necalli sucks.

From the fact that he's a goddamn Aztec martian, to his lack of a personality, to his complete inconsequentialness to the story.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Very trashy of them to have Akuma to do that to not one but TWO GOATs.

Very trashy of them to use Akuma's terrible cowardly lion design in crossovers...

Edited by DarthEnderX

There's a guy named "Gas" that's apart of a family called "The Heeters". They're the main antagonists in Dragon Ball Super's current arc.

They wear artifacts that act as limiters. Once those are removed, their inner nature is released. That's where their true power lies.

JIIGgQk.jpg

y1SaNoG.jpg

drVXodg.jpg

vTKfmsm.jpg

IjaAokY.jpg

oCSHWua.jpg

Seeing Gas's berserk state immediately reminded me of transformed Necalli.

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Someone made an awesome compilation of the SlamMasters stuff in the new stage. It feels good to see it again

Cool thing BIRDIE got Titanic Tim's effect, as they was tag team buddies too! 😄

http://www.noe-v.com/images/articles/madgear/titan_birdie01.jpg

Same for Zangief and Haggar parallel

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Lion-Akuma is such a godawful design. The fact that that got made it into the game shows that SOMEONE at Capcom has lost their minds

Fun thing it may have started literally as lion (Leo) Akuma lol

Pocket Fighter/Akuma — StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and  strategy guide wiki

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Just for more Necalli/Pickle comparison...

Pickle's 'final form' for fighting involves the appearance of a scar on his body

spacer.png

It crosses his chest very much like Sagat.

Now, of course, Necalli's own scars glow when he 'awakens'.

Different but still very similar. Wild men with scar-related 'powered up' forms.

Now that you make me think about it there could be also a parallel  between Ryu-Necalli and Katsumi-Pickle fights

Ryu final attack is him "inventing" a new special move, a straight punch to the torso that cause as visual effect an explosion of energy

Street Fighter V — shoryuken

In Baki, we have karate champ Katsumi that as last move to defeat Pickle invent a new kind of strike, a straight punch to the torso that cause as visual effect an explosion of energy (also the whip one fit similar effect)

Katsumi Orochi VS Pickle - Highlights : r/Grapplerbaki

Katsumi Orochi VS Pickle - Highlights : r/Grapplerbaki

51 Baki ideas | grappler, manga art, comic movies

Except at the end Pickle recovered and fucked up Katsumi (poor Katsumi lol)

Of course Ryu punch itself comes from another thing, but the imagery of the the two fights share some vibes

Edited by CESTUS III

I think I am the only person who prefers Flower Power Akuma to his original design. At the very least, it is a logical improvement of it.

Re: Necalli

The problem with the character is there were no stakes with him. We are introduced to the character and a prediction that he will try to eat 3 characters, then we proceed to see him lose out on each of these chances before the story mode is even halfway over.

I recall raising this issue back in our home planet before it was destroyed, so I will bring it up here again.

Necalli should've killed Dhalsim in the first act. He's obviously not going to kill Bison or Ryu because of their immense plot armor, but having him swallow Sim whole who defends Ryu when he wasn't ready would've raised the stakes from the get go and established that this guy is not The Blob. This simple change would've helped propel the story forward. Sim could get puked out alive when Ryu beats Necalli in the final act.

During Necalli's confrontation with Bison, this was a missed opportunity to actually establish that it was Bison who had the foreknowledge of what Necalli was and it was HE who summoned him for a purpose. We could've learned more about Necalli and Bison during this interaction. This interaction would've also helped set up Necalli is the actual sub-boss of the story - Because that is all he is.

There is room in this set up for what @YagamiFirementioned; Bison and Ryu could fight at the end, and once Ryu weakens Bison, Necalli would pop out ST-style and "finish" Bison by consuming him. BUT WHAT'S THIS?! THIS WAS ALSO BISON'S PLAN ALL ALONG!!!! *gasp*

A proud Necalli stands over Ryu, his belly full of power.... He burps! He gloats! HE THINKS HE'S IN CONTROL! But his eyes flash purple... "Could thisss... b-b-b-be-be... TRUE POWER?!" He asks....

A skeletal toothy grin slices across his face ear to ear.....

"Nobody blink! Triumph or die!"

Edited by Daemos
Spoiler

Posting here too, as char sources/inspiration is more our thing

Seth new one is huge Lady Oscar tribute

Riyoko Ikeda: Lady Oscar e la moda

In the manga/anime Oscar was a woman who pretended to be a male, fitting choice for SFV tranny Seth lol

There's also a color that goes more straight, #3, giving blond hair and red uniform, wich was still one of herpossible colors

003.png?h=de95d4a2b396c60c19104b9aff692330Lady Oscar Collection. Le Rose Di Versailles. Vol. 8: Encore: Episodi Parte  Ii - Ikeda Riyoko | Libro Edizioni Bd 09/2021 - HOEPLI.itVersailles no Bara (Lady Oscar) - pagina 5

They even made "easter egg" code version that have even same haircut 😄 (from second round)

Edited by CESTUS III
12 hours ago, Daemos said:

There is room in this set up for what @YagamiFirementioned; Bison and Ryu could fight at the end, and once Ryu weakens Bison, Necalli would pop out ST-style and "finish" Bison by consuming him. BUT WHAT'S THIS?! THIS WAS ALSO BISON'S PLAN ALL ALONG!!!! *gasp*

A proud Necalli stands over Ryu, his belly full of power.... He burps! He gloats! HE THINKS HE'S IN CONTROL! But his eyes flash purple... "Could thisss... b-b-b-be-be... TRUE POWER?!" He asks....

A skeletal toothy grin slices across his face ear to ear.....

"Nobody blink! Triumph or die!"

spacer.png

But with Psycho Power and Vega/Bison's evil grin.