Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

17 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Kinda wild they're hyping him up for 2024 when Ed is supposed to be around the corner tho lol 

Cuz nobody gives a fuck about Ed. I stoll have no idea why he's chosen for the FIRST SEASON with just FOUR characters. And you have to pay for him two games in a row. Dick move by Capcom 

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Cuz nobody gives a fuck about Ed. I stoll have no idea why he's chosen for the FIRST SEASON with just FOUR characters. And you have to pay for him two games in a row. Dick move by Capcom 

More like SF fans are first SF problem lol 

SF6 would really need third ansatsuken shoto in S1 made of only 4 chars if was'nt for fans bad taste? 

Ed at least is unique and bring some boxing in, my most welcome S1 addition followed by Rashid

Jeah honestly I wasn't looking forward to Ed until I saw all the other characters. I've said this before but SF6 has a really good habit of making every character look so damn cool. Like I've never given a shit about Deejay but his glow up here is immaculate. The look and his gameplay. I have no doubt they'll make Ed awesome too. 

Plus we need more twinks on the roster, the last one we got was Jamie

Now, I'm reminded why I don't find SFIV as entertaining to watch as others. I hate long ass highly scaled combos. That said, great work from the modder. 

Edit: Speaking of Street Fighter. I've been playing more of 6 lately. Been able to pull myself away from the BG3. I'm staying away from mods, or I'll never put that game down. Still find it fascinating that I'm playing Cammy mostly. I thought I'd be playing Manon. I had a lot of fun with Dee Jay. But Cammy of all characters has clicked with me the most. Still think I'm better with Dee Jay...don't care what the placement says. My Drive Rush game needs serious work, and unlike Manon or Dee Jay, my punishes are low damage as hell with Cammy. But, I'm having fun which is what matters.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Cracker jack, balrog and dudley clear 

Look i don't even disagree completely lol

I pick Dudley or Rog over Ed any day as boxing rep (specially considering Ed is far from pure boxing char)... for what's worth Dudley still is in my ideal S2

But i'm not going to complain about Ed bringing some uniqueness to SF6 when in very same poor S1 one slot out four is wasted to bring back Akuma because fanbase pretend to get the third ansatsuken shoto as soon as possible (and some were even outraged he did'nt made base cast lmao)

Would have LOVED get Dudley instead Ed, but even more would have used that devil-shoto slot for something else that help actual cast variety

Again, SF fans keep SF alive but are also a problem, i'm glad whole S1 was'nt designed to blowjob the bad taste majority lol

41 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

My playtime for BG3 is quickly closing in on my SF6 playtime despite getting SF6 in June and BG3 late September lol.  

I've played BG3 over 2.5 times as much as I played my PS5 all last year. I've played a game this much since Fire Emblem Three Houses but the playtime on that gets padded by the atrocious load times.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've played BG3 over 2.5 times as much as I played my PS5 all last year. I've played a game this much since Fire Emblem Three Houses but the playtime on that gets padded by the atrocious load times.

I bought it last week on a whim because of reviews and I had psn cards from Christmas. I’m getting my ass kicked but I’m having so much fun.

19 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now, I'm reminded why I don't find SFIV as entertaining to watch as others. I hate long ass highly scaled combos. That said, great work from the modder

That's funny because I'm completely opposite. I find 4 very fun to watch but not so much play. I don't know if it's the correct term but that game possesses some element of "jank" why is why even borderline Noob matches can be still entertaining, like the legendary Ghandi vs FSP fight. No other game in the genre has that 

One thing I'm finding myself doing more often is admiring the stages in classic 2D fighters.

Whether it's Alpha 1, KOF99, or Marvel Super Heroes. I've always been so focused on mashing buttons that I've never taken the time to enjoy them. There's a story within them all.

No matter how old these games are, I'll never forget what they meant to me growing up.

2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

One thing I'm finding myself doing more often is admiring the stages in classic 2D fighters.

Whether it's Alpha 1, KOF99, or Marvel Super Heroes. I've always been so focused on mashing buttons that I've never taken the time to enjoy them. There's a story within them all.

No matter how old these games are, I'll never forget what they meant to me growing up.

Yeah, in SFA2 Jessica commits DV against Cody any time a female character walks in front him. Cody looks and Jessica goes full Mike Haggar on him. Like at first I thought she slaps him but no she straight up slugs Cody. No wonder he dumped her.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Got like 200 points away from master and then it all went down hill. Lost over 800 points. I haven’t spiraled like this in a minute. I also have a new found seething hatred for anyone using modern controls. I first I was cool with it because I’m a woke ass nigga but these lazy little shit get to press one button for DP and super and it’s absolutely fraudulent. Having to change your entire fucking game plan because niggas got easy mode mapped button is so fucking gay. I fucking hate SF6!

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Got like 200 points away from master and then it all went down hill. Lost over 800 points. I haven’t spiraled like this in a minute. I also have a new found seething hatred for anyone using modern controls. I first I was cool with it because I’m a woke ass nigga but these lazy little shit get to press one button for DP and super and it’s absolutely fraudulent. Having to change your entire fucking game plan because niggas got easy mode mapped button is so fucking gay. I fucking hate SF6!

Best way to deal with modern players is to never jump.  If they're playing a DP character they will AA every time.  I just stopped jumping entirely, even stopped divekicking and my success rate went way up.  Also at the end of the round they'll start moving back and forth doing nothing, baiting you to do something first so they can instant super.  Just chill and let them come to you.  

16 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

It just isn't fair that everyone gets the racism DM's and I don't. No spear chucker, no porch monkey, no coon no fucking nothing. Do I have to seriously learn MK just to get any fucking racism!?!?!? 

MK has open mic voice chat in online matches, I guarantee you'll meet some nasty mfers in there

46 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

It just isn't fair that everyone gets the racism DM's and I don't. No spear chucker, no porch monkey, no coon no fucking nothing. Do I have to seriously learn MK just to get any fucking racism!?!?!? 

I can send you some racist DMs if it makes you feel better. It'd be weird hitting another brother with hard R. If it's for your mental health, I can make the sacrifice.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 1/7/2024 at 12:23 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, in SFA2 Jessica commits DV against Cody any time a female character walks in front him. Cody looks and Jessica goes full Mike Haggar on him. Like at first I thought she slaps him but no she straight up slugs Cody. No wonder he dumped her.

I forgot all about her violent ass. Popped him and pretended like nothing happened.

Details like this are exactly what I'm talking about. 

4 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Bro I see that on my screen I wouldn't be able to finish the set from laughing so hard. I'm sorry man. That shit is hilarious.

You're just minding your business and some online sends you some ridiculous nonsense.

Would make my online experience a lot funner.

6 hours ago, Jocelot said:

It used to be. Then after covid things got kinda muddy and delayed and now we have it in february. Which sucks I actually really liked it in december. 

Me too.  The best SFV moment was when they revealed Arcade Edition and then showed the entire season 3 roster after Capcom Cup.  Was like an early Christmas present.