Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

32 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It unfortunately totally is and has been since ww2 honestly. There were American sectors of Nazi parties that denied the holocaust was happening or not as big of a deal as media outlets and shit were saying. 

it’s horrifyingly disgusting and I hate it. 

so remember if given the opportunity ALWAYS punch a Nazi in their big dumb fucking face. 

lol who was it on SRK that was defending nazis with the “free speech” argument when I said I’d punch a nazi. Then went on to say “oh yea sure you would. How many nazis have you punched?”

Super sus

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

lol who was it on SRK that was defending nazis with the “free speech” argument when I said I’d punch a nazi. Then went on to say “oh yea sure you would. How many nazis have you punched?”

Super sus

Since you don’t remember I’m just going to say they aren’t worth remembering. 

That MJF/Punk match was the most WWE style booking I've ever seen from AEW 😂

That said, match started off slow, could've done without the DQ, but by the end I was totally into it. Definitely a good match, and the dirty finish gives Punk a built in excuse, gives MJF a big win (in Chicago no less) and helps continue the feud should they revisit down the line. Overall I'm satisfied 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

That MJF/Punk match was the most WWE style booking I've ever seen from AEW 😂

That said, match started off slow, could've done without the DQ, but by the end I was totally into it. Definitely a good match, and the dirty finish gives Punk a built in excuse, gives MJF a big win (in Chicago no less) and helps continue the feud should they revisit down the line. Overall I'm satisfied 

Sounds like they should do more of it.  I don't know where this hatred of DQ finishes came from especially when you can't fall back on the excuse of "hard earned money wasted on a screwy finish" but for someone like MJF a screwy DQ situation is perfect for him.

58 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Sounds like they should do more of it.  I don't know where this hatred of DQ finishes came from especially when you can't fall back on the excuse of "hard earned money wasted on a screwy finish" but for someone like MJF a screwy DQ situation is perfect for him.

The WWE's over-reliance on DQ to extend feuds past their expiration date and avoid clean finishes every time they book themselves into a corner. Definitely felt a sour taste in people mouths. 

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

lol irony is punk used to be the indy darling that everyone said was a spot fest

I'm stil mad at Punk for no-selling Elijah Burke's offense in their feud buy going Super Cena in every finish of their match.  Punk may hate Hogan but for guys he doesn't like he's not afraid to pull an HBK and not do business with them in the ring like he would the guys he likes.  It just helps that guys he likes are fellow IWC darlings.

Edited by Psychoblue
27 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

HHH going down has just fucked a lot of things up.

I think NXT’s success was the only thing keeping Vince from selling the  company. However, once Prichard and especially Nick Khan got in his ear Vince & co. purposely set up NXT to fail through slight to huge changes

Edited by iStu X

And while the talent complains...the shareholders celebrate.

Pay attention to how much of that is media and distribution deals. Once AEW establishes a reasonable streaming deal of their own they can turn the corner big time in profits. Live events are great, but the pandemic showed that it's all about the stream.

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

We all know Roman bout to retire Goldberg, LOLBLACKS still in effect except for Lashley 

Time to Code Switch, Roman!

@iStu XI don't think it was NXT's success as much as it was the people who were behind it.  What Scorp made fun of me a while back talking about guys needing to have a certain look to be credible in the eyes of a casual passerby, that's a sentiment shared by pretty much every big money investor and potential buyer that isn't Tony Khan.  That's why they're going back to "real" athletes like Brock, Lashley, Rousey, to a far lesser extent Roman (former NFL player even if it was just for a cup of coffee, also a former All-ACC linebacker)...and then them touting the Next In Line program focusing on NCAA/Olympic athletes over Indy guys.  That's what gets casuals to give a cursory glance, how guys the guys look before you see them in the ring.  

With HHH doing what amounted to an apology tour to the IWC with all of his hirings, most of those guys were Indy first for a reason: the old mentality was that they didn't have the eyecatch factor so it took more and longer for them to get on their radar.  I think it's a fair assumption to say Shinsuke wouldn't have gotten nearly the push he did without the King of Strong Style swag, nor Prince Devitt without his body paint stuff.  

We're mostly numb to that part because we're longtime fans who know to wait until the bell rings before making judgments, but once Nick Khan took the reigns he saw all these midgets and career journeymen and said "WTF."  

Edited by Psychoblue
23 minutes ago, scorp said:

WON on Keith Lee in AEW: "We're told that he's been talked about for here, if not has already agreed to a deal here."

TOSS HIM INTO A GYM, KEITH

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

A co-worker asked me the other day if Adam Cole had muscular dystrophy with how much toning he's lost.  Keith gonna send Adam Cole wall-bouncing off the balcony if he does that spot to him now.