Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: Now you know why they're launching Skyward HD (Out now!)

Volt

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I would not read too much into it. BOTW kinda broke the timeline theory. 

It wasn't a "theory" Nintendo pushed an official timeline out lmao.

(Granted, it was to shut people up about it, but I digress.)

I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised to see something related to Skyloft on it, though I don't quite expect them to pull Demise back into the fold. Maybe the Triforce though?

There's obviously too little info for speculation, and BotW is too detached from the timeline to begin with, but it definitely smells fishy.

Triforce never went away tho, it's in 

BOTW. 

I'm also gonna argue Demise already came back, as Ganondorph, like how Zelda is really Hylia. Gaon is Demise. 

With that said, it's not a theory or anything but it's a thought I've kind of been having. I wonder if the Malice is or has a mind of its own. It seems like we fought the "Essence" of Ganon in BOTW1, his manifestation through Malice which is kind of just Demise' s bullshit anyway. 

My thoughts are Demise/Ganon are reaching a point of just becoming an Eldrich abomination. The next phase of Demise might not be a man at all...but a "Force of nature."

Edited by RSG3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Liam Triforce put up a deep long retrospective on Wind Waker for those interested

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before here but Liam is also a pretty good place for retrospectives if you enjoy watching/listening to them.  As the name implies he's done a good chunk for games in the Zelda series but he also has some pretty nice extensive videos for games in a few other IP's

Apparently SS Joycons are plentiful so scalpers can suck it. I may grab them because I need a new pair.

Also, I was able to get the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo for $24.99 off Amazon and it showed up a whole day early. 

Anyone read any of the Zelda manga VIZ translated? I have everything but I SO want the Link's Awakening manga to get an official release.

8 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Apparently SS Joycons are plentiful so scalpers can suck it. I may grab them because I need a new pair.

Also, I was able to get the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo for $24.99 off Amazon and it showed up a whole day early. 

Anyone read any of the Zelda manga VIZ translated? I have everything but I SO want the Link's Awakening manga to get an official release.

I have some of the mangas.  The one's that I have and read are mostly decent.  Nothing truly amazing or anything but they aren't bad.

10 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've read some incomplete translations. Should hunt them down now that they should be complete tbh.

Source material kinda doesn't give a lot to work with when it comes to Link as a protag and it kinda shows. I vaguely remember the TP one having a random ass backstory for Link, but it wasn't bad...

Yeah, I definitely gotta read that one.