Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Spoiler

I deadass thought Apocalypse was behind Sinister but I'm kinda glad they went with Bastion whom I dont know alot about. Nigga mad creepy. And im guessing he keeping Magneto alive to harvest his powers or get information on how to take down the X-men

I know zilch about Bastion but that scene of him in the end has me very intrigued.

-----

I got my first X-Men '97 figure, 4 inch Cyclops. Sadly, there was no Storm, Nightcrawler or Magneto in Walmart . Was slim pickings but I got Rightclops for $7, so I'm happy.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HD-Man said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I deadass thought Apocalypse was behind Sinister but I'm kinda glad they went with Bastion whom I dont know alot about. Nigga mad creepy. And im guessing he keeping Magneto alive to harvest his powers or get information on how to take down the X-men

I'm thinking he's going to make him a Prime Sentinel 

Spoiler

When it happens to Trask, Jean says "I can still sense his mind." Which means there would be likely out for them to revert who ever is converted. Prime Sentinel Trask was a problem. Prime Sentinel Magneto...😲

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I know zilch about Bastion but that scene of him in the end has me very intrigued

The short is that bastion was one of the main people behind Operation Zero Tolerance as well as a key member of the Purifiers.  He eventually merges with Nimrod after meeting Master Mold

Edited by iStu X

I picked up Ultimate Spider #4 yesterday. It is mostly Peter/MJ talking with Harry/Gwen and it is such a good issue. I also grabbed the third printing of Ultimate Spider-Man #2. May's note on the fridge giving Peter encouragement to keep going is so dang sweet. 

The new Ultimate universe has my interest with Ultimate Spider-Man, so I picked up Ultimate X-Men #1-2. Might check out Ultimate Black Panther and the Ultimate Invasion TPB.

Greg Weisman is writing Spectacular Spider-Men, got the first two issues, had no spoilers on these, so I'm going in blind.

Spider-Punk, Miles Morals, Ultimate Spider-Man. Every Spidey book is infinitely more fascinating than the mainline Amazing Spider-Man. I don't know the sales numbers but it wouldn't surprise me if Amazing Spider-Man is lagging behind all the other Spidey titles.

I love the Peter Parker character but honestly his main books are rarely above average at least during the last few decades. You might get a fire story arc here or there or great concepts but the most consistently good run was Doc Ock joy riding in his body. Which is crazy because we have seen multiple runs on Ultimate Spiderman now do the character much better.

16 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Greg Weisman is writing Spectacular Spider-Men, got the first two issues, had no spoilers on these, so I'm going in blind.

I’ve heard great things about it. Weisman is the goat though. His on-going Gargoyles is amazing. But that’s to the surprise of no one since Gargoyles has always been his baby 

I ust watched X-97  Ep 6 /7.

Ep 6.

Good, but rushed like Ep 3. I felt that splitting up a 2 parter especially after the traumatic Ep 5 kind of lessened the impact.

Ep 7- 

Never thought Id see those 2 characters together. 

I loved Kurt calling Rogue "sister" 

also, Rogue dive  kick!

Regarding X-Men '97 ep 7, I've seen some people point out that after Rogue

Spoiler

dropped Trask off a building like the "I don't wanna play with you anymore Woody" meme, Jean, Nightcrawler or Morph all could have saved him. Wolverine points out that Rogue did "What we all wanted to do." The X-Men have been tolerating scumbags like Trask and Gyrich for far too long and look where it's gotten them.

Bastion

Spoiler

It sounds like he is gonna spill the beans on Prof X being alive before the Prof returns to Earth. The fact that the X-Men went along with the lie for a year is not gonna do them any favors with humanity. 

X-Men '97 ep 8

Robetero

Spoiler

Transforms and he can fly!!! And his mom SUUUUCKS.

Trish Tilbey returns

Spoiler

Annnnd she's a Prime Sentinel. Welp, Hank...

Screaming Season 10 GIF by The Simpsons

Magneto

Spoiler

said 

Comedy Screaming GIF by CBC

Global EMP blast and told those Prime Sentinels to STFD and STFU. Mags. Is. DONE.

My reaction to seeing

Spoiler

SPIDER-MAN!!! IT'S HIM!!! IT'S THE GUY!!!

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

Xmen 97 

Spoiler

Nightcrawler finally got his sword, Wolverine finally got to dice some mfers up. I thought the ambassador chick was gonna reveal herself as Mystique but guess not. Magneto played ZERO games, he tried to do things the right way but humans just couldnt do right

And......SPIDERMAN!!!! We need Spiderman 98, please. We still technically never found out what happened to MJ in the old series. Its plenty of other stories they can tell with that version of Spidey as well 

I started reading my Hulk: Joe Fix It TPB. I thought it would be just Hulk in Vegas but we got King Pin and Spidey? And Peter David pinned this mini. The first issue was freaking great. King Pin rolled up on Mr. Fix thinking he was HIM. I enjoyed EVERY BIT of that thrashing Fix It laid on King Pin. Spidey was watching that beating like 

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki