Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Wakanda is super xenophobic. It’s one of the main issues the nation has with T’Challa and/or Shuri running the country and opening the boarders. It’s bring in outsiders and dilutes their country of their culture (in their eyes) 

it’s also one of the reasons why the country is always on the brink of civil war. Wakandan traditionalists hate the T’Chala and his sister. 

speaking of BP. Peach Momoko and Marvel showed off the new Storm and Killmonger designs for Ultimate Black Panther

IMG_9592.jpeg

IMG_9593.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
On 12/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, AriesWarlock said:

408635633_2647138088757686_2053923621602

406491853_10232477179781727_760979224793

Gentle was ostracized because his father is Russian, thus his remarks about being a half-breed. Wakanda as a whole wasn't happy about T'Challa being married to Storm.

Wakanda is xenophobic.

Yeah, but that is very realistic a lot of the world's countries are like that unfortunately even now, although some hide it better.

14 hours ago, Wellman said:

Never a fan of them showing the face for Black Panther with the mask. The full face mask is too classic of a look plus distinctive compared to all the others like your Batmans or Captain whatever.

Yeah it's the only part of the design I do not like. Brings me back to the days of people thinking my avatar fucking Batman which pissed me off.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 12/6/2023 at 9:24 AM, AriesWarlock said:

🤔

Tom Brevort taking over as editor really bothers me. He’s been very vocal about his dislike of the X-men as well as his dislike of a lot of the more popular female mutants like Storm and Magik. 

“back to basics” also really fucking bothers me. After Krakoa no one wants to go back to the mansion and generic ass story lines. 

So many of the Krakoa story lines were so good because they were great takes on modern issues people are going through. 

Hickman’s X-men, ayala’s new mutants, Ewing’s X-Men Red, Children of the Vault (I can’t remember the writer) and several others made so many great, compelling and relevant stories. Back to basics would fucking suck. 

Edited by iStu X

It feels like the post Morrison/the first New X Men run where they try to dial stuff back towards standard superhero or classic stories.

I get the logic in doing that but that logic is for the old and tired. Given the company's stability, they should not retreat into such conservative story telling when the X franchise is built on them going bold and crazy.

6 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Damn, I guess his alibis were not as air tight as they made it out to be.

Honestly they should scrape the whole multiverse saga, outside of Loki they really haven't done much to build it up enough to be worth it even with a recasting of Kang. 

He was done no matter what the verdict turned out to be. Crazy to me that Greg Hardy skated on beating the ever living hell out of his girl, yet Majors got convicted on 2 of the 4 charges while he was running from his. Do yourself a favor and DON'T look up the photos of Greg Hardy's ex.

18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He was done no matter what the verdict turned out to be. Crazy to me that Greg Hardy skated on beating the ever living hell out of his girl, yet Majors got convicted on 2 of the 4 charges while he was running from his. Do yourself a favor and DON'T look up the photos of Greg Hardy's ex.

I honestly think that if he had double perfect the court system, he'd at least have been "alright". 

17 hours ago, iStu X said:

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

He was the best new thing to come into the MCU.  Sadly Marvel is going to use this debacle to course correct.

15 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I honestly think that if he had double perfect the court system, he'd at least have been "alright". 

Yeah, I disagree. Too many examples of dudes getting cooked on allegations alone and even after proving their innocence  still being treated as radioactive. I hope Majors saved/invested his money because his career is over. Honestly, it's disheartening for me. Because I've always been of the mindset of if a chick starts getting violent, get the hell out of dodge. Dude literally went full Usain Bolt, got out of there, got a hotel to be away from her, and still got hemmed up. He did the morally correct thing by calling 911 the next day and got punished for it. I guess he should of stayed in the Escalade and let her beat on him. Because apparently people that are terrified of you, chase you for 5 blocks 😒

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, I disagree. Too many examples of dudes getting cooked on allegations alone and even after proving their innocence  still being treated as radioactive. I hope Majors saved/invested his money because his career is over. Honestly, it's disheartening for me. Because I've always been of the mindset of if a chick starts getting violent, get the hell out of dodge. Dude literally went full Usain Bolt, got out of there, got a hotel to be away from her, and still got hemmed up. He did the morally correct thing by calling 911 the next day and got punished for it. I guess he should of stayed in the Escalade and let her beat on him. Because apparently people that are terrified of you, chase you for 5 blocks 😒

Like I said, he'd have to have beaten ALL of those charges to at least have been "alright". As talented as he is, if it played out in his favor,  folks would have forgotten about this in about a year. People who would have brought it up are those who just want to be loud for the sake of doing so.

I will agree that I'm film and TV (in front of the camera) his career is DONE if not a really long pause. It'll be at least a decade before we see him again. Personally, the biggest issue I have outside of the obvious, is that the case was blown up for effectively misdemeanor charges. That's like having a drawn-out trial for doing 100 in a 70.

23 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Like I said, he'd have to have beaten ALL of those charges to at least have been "alright". As talented as he is, if it played out in his favor,  folks would have forgotten about this in about a year. People who would have brought it up are those who just want to be loud for the sake of doing so.

I will agree that I'm film and TV (in front of the camera) his career is DONE if not a really long pause. It'll be at least a decade before we see him again. Personally, the biggest issue I have outside of the obvious, is that the case was blown up for effectively misdemeanor charges. That's like having a drawn-out trial for doing 100 in a 70.

Honestly, it seemed personal for the prosecution or something. I mean the police charged her too and they refused to prosecute her. Majors should have gotten a better attorney. With his kind of income, I'm frankly disappointed in his defense. It wasn't bad per say but not to the level of you'd expect a rich person's counsel to be at. I seen cases were the dudes have are clearly guilty skate because of the attorney.

I mean it seemed, to me, that the bulk of the stuff the prosecution got into this case was in admissible. He was charged with assaulting her that night and we've things entered into evidence that have nothing to do with it. Between the videos and testimony from the driver plus the strangers she ran into. Her being the aggressor and the strangers not seeing any injuries on her. How does he get convicted. Even if you say the driver was biased, dude clearly didn't know who Majors or Jabbari was, the strangers she ran into on the street had no reason to lie about not seeing any injuries. On a completely separate note, her running up his credit card, after they broke up, is fraud. 

TLDR: I think Majors got screwed. Regular guys have no shot in these types of cases.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

He was the best new thing to come into the MCU.  Sadly Marvel is going to use this debacle to course correct.

I have liked a lot of the post Endgame content, but they ABSOLUTELY should course correct things. If there was a plan they fucked it up even before the issues with Majors, with how disjointed everything was. It felt less like they had a plan and more like winging it with a few bullet points plotted. Maybe they got through the first three phases like that but the shit you did before can't always lead to repeat success. 

Especially in shadow of expectations and waning interests due to lack of familiar faces. Hoping they get it corrected but don't try to do a half ass Secret Wars adaptation given the current situations and just lack of build up.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor:  X-men '97 Season 1 Episode Titles revealed..

Speculation:

E2 - Magnus takes charge of the  X-men  (The title was his chatchphrase on the show.)

Ep 3 - Seems either Jean/Madelyne Pryor related

Ep 4- Motendo equals Mojo + Nintendo?  He puts them in a game?

E5 - "The name is Gambit. Remember it!" was his catchphrase

E6 - Rogue referred to Cable as "Bright Eyes" once (S2 Time Fugitives story)

As a Kang fan and someone who was excited for what they seemed  to be doing with the character after his appearance in the first season of Loki, I hope they don't.

Whatever plan they had for him and Secret Wars seems to be slipshod and maybe because they are trying to juggle too many balls in the air. Just focus on the X Men unification/reboot trying to make another villain on par with Thanos, while doing the multiverse stuff and having Kang in the background without the right build up will just make for a worse experience. 

Take the "L" and move on.

Outside of Deadpool 3, I have zero interest in anything Marvel is doing in the MCU. There have been too many missteps. Too many subpar outings. I'm trying to remember the last Marvel movie I saw. I watched one episode of What If Season 2 and that's basically been it. I'm not even excited for X-Men because I have little confidence in them to pull it off. I'd rather they go on a hiatus for like 3 years, get their shit together, and then start dropping content again. That will never happen though. At least not under Disney's current leadership. If Deadpool 3 is a hit, it will be hilarious that the only movie Chapek greenlit was successful while Iger has been dropping almost nothing but bombs.

That Echo trailer confirms (or reaffirms) that the Netflix Daredevil was canon based of Fisk's backstory flashback. I still would like them to explain the absurd power boost Fisk got in Hawkeye tho, he was strong in Daredevil but not that damn strong. But I can let it slide lmao

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

That Echo trailer confirms (or reaffirms) that the Netflix Daredevil was canon based of Fisk's backstory flashback. I still would like them to explain the absurd power boost Fisk got in Hawkeye tho, he was strong in Daredevil but not that damn strong. But I can let it slide lmao

Kingpin’s strength like any comic character depends on the writer. He’s been one shotted by Dare Devil in one comic but able to evenly throw hands with Joe Fixit in another. 

Edited by iStu X

Previews

416076093_806490264855343_55196363605589

416071161_806490541521982_84092101556637

416086000_806490601521976_48016745687806

416086876_806490674855302_40955507724344

416104743_806490801521956_58759085254679

416119576_806491021521934_65334099138434

On 12/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, iStu X said:

“back to basics” also really fucking bothers me. After Krakoa no one wants to go back to the mansion and generic ass story lines. 

So many of the Krakoa story lines were so good because they were great takes on modern issues people are going through. 

I don't like the "back to basics" things either. But having read Fall of the House of  X, I have the hope that Krakoa is not a done idea

Spoiler

We see Krakoa escape Nimrod.

In the Powers of X, with the multiple timelines where machines have won, there was a Krakoa, maybe in another world, but mutants seemed to live in it. That's an alternate timeline, and maybe things won't be exactly that way, but would be cool if mutantdom remains united.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Re-reading ultimate invasion by Hickman. Really thinking about it Hickman really wrote a book that resonates with the last few generations. It’s a book about someone stealing the future of an entire generation of people due to his own vision filled with greed, selfishness and short-sightedness. 

very much the feeling of the generation millennials and gen z towards boomers and some gen x’ers. 

Edited by iStu X