Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

I was slightly interested in this bc this is the first time seeing Kraven, Calypso in live action.

However, no accent on Sergei himself and this gratuitous violence seem unnecessary.

The costume looks ok.

Doing these villain spin offs is a waste of time without Spidey himself.

Venom films were mediocre but made money due to his popularity.

Kraven is one of the least iconic villains. No one cared about him until Kravens Last Hunt. 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yeah, I don't recall how Kraven gets his abilities in the comics so i couldn't say too much but I got a hunch that the movie is gettin it so wrong 😂 

He drank a potion made of African herbs which gave him enhanced strength and long life in his original 1960s appearance.  I don't know if that's been changed in modern comics though.

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yeah, I don't recall how Kraven gets his abilities in the comics so i couldn't say too much but I got a hunch that the movie is gettin it so wrong 😂 

Last time I checked, he drank magic potions made from jungle herbs to give him some sort of powers. So he was literally on the juice....

But this appears to be some dumb Catwoman approach

25 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

He drank a potion made of African herbs which gave him enhanced strength and long life in his original 1960s appearance.  I don't know if that's been changed in modern comics though.

Modern comics sort of have added a mystical bent to him in the mid 00s along with a whole bunch of grown to near grown kids. Not sure if they are still doing that especially with the Sony push being so hard.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:51 PM, HD-Man said:

If all this is accurate. NYPD is going to be paying him a substantial amount of money. They better hope, again if al this lines up, that Majors doesn't have my attitude. I hold a grudge. I'd be going scorched earth on them motherfuckers for destroying my reputation. That video footage is  fucking damning. If he's got the driver, the footage, and the handyman's testimony....why are they even going forward with the case.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yeah all that stuff sounds like they bit hard on this case and don't want to let go of it. Not sure how that works in real world Justice systems maybe they have something on him but it if all they have is her condition and testimony from that night I wouldn't want to try to win that argument.

4 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah all that stuff sounds like they bit hard on this case and don't want to let go of it. Not sure how that works in real world Justice systems maybe they have something on him but it if all they have is her condition and testimony from that night I wouldn't want to try to win that argument.

And her testimony isn't even going to be reliable. Given the copious amounts of alcohol she had and the sleeping pills on top of it. If, I want to be sure to say that, things are like the article paints them. This looks to be another Johnny Depp type situation.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

If im Majors and I'm truly innocent,  I am absolutely holding a grudge. Not only have I lost job opportunities but now since word has spread, even if Im innocent the world now still thinks I'm a woman beater.

I'd utterly and truly defund the police and I'd be seeking money AND prison time for the girl if possible

Edited by HD-Man

I finally got to see Spider-verse 2.

Pros:

The different art and animation for the different universes. The colors are really striking in this film. It looks like a $100 M film.

Gwen getting more focus. Miles' mom was a foot note in the first film but it was nice she got some screentime in this film.

This is one of the funnier Spider films yet the dramatic moments land.

I always felt Oscar Isaac was a poor fit for Apocalypse and I didn't care for Moon Knight, but I liked his take on Miguel 

The cameos!

Despite being 2hrs 12 min, the movie flew by!

The cliffhanger....

Cons

None.

Overall 9/10 -equal to the first!

On 6/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, BornWinner said:

Bad news, El Muerbros 

Between the time this came out I saw Bad Bunny on the Brad Pitt movie Bullet Train. I like it and he did his spot well, so I am happy he is removing himself from what is sure to be a cluster fuck.

Seriously, I have only heard of this character from the announcement. If you told me he was a Dark Horse Comics or Image Comics character and this was a crossover I would have no reason not to believe it.

Edited by Wellman

Secret Invasion

Spoiler

Rhodey actin like a real bitch towards Fury. This nigga better be a Skrull cuz this seems unlike his character tbh. All the WILD shit that has happend in the Marvel Universe, but you somehow can't believe Fury about a secret invasion of aliens? Cmon 

Edited by HD-Man
On 6/28/2023 at 12:06 PM, HD-Man said:

Secret Invasion

Hide contents

Rhodey actin like a real bitch towards Fury. This nigga better be a Skrull cuz this seems unlike his character tbh. All the WILD shit that has happend in the Marvel Universe, but you somehow can't believe Fury about a secret invasion of aliens? Cmon 

Yeah, but that dialogue between those two was something serious. 

Nice surprise on the 60th anniversary of X-Men.

I can't believe it took 73 billion to see this happen lol.

The only nitpick I have is the "long sleeves" . The upper arms being exposed  would have been cool.

It's basically the John Cassady suit from 2004 Astonishing X-men.

Edited by DangerousJ