Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

^that's always been an interesting dilemma of power to think about, I'd say... to be an avatar of Cytorrak.  On one hand it would be great to have those powers...to be another "Juggernaut", but there's part of me that's just not quite ok with being the puppet of another more powerful being.  It would be preferable to be completely free to do whatever I want, and not beholden to Cytorrak forever.  However... for some reason I would be a bit more ok with being a herald of Galactus though.... so there's some mixed, conflicting opinions for me on this issue.

On another note---someone mentioned it somewhere recently but it surprises me I never thought of such perfect casting before.... imagine if the supermodel Iman was an actress back in the day (outside the "Remember the Time" video, I vaguely recall seeing her in just 1 or 2 movies before)...that right there is the perfect casting for Storm, folks...and one of the hottest models of all time, imo.  Of course now she's likely too old for the part, sadly.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

On another note---someone mentioned it somewhere recently but it surprises me I never thought of such perfect casting before.... imagine if the supermodel Iman was an actress back in the day (outside the "Remember the Time" video, I vaguely recall seeing her in just 1 or 2 movies before)...that right there is the perfect casting for Storm, folks.  

Yeah it was me.  Storm looks like an African model and Iman just always came to mind for me when I was younger.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 4/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, iStu X said:

Fear Itself is a very underrated event. 

Eh, it had great ideas and some quality execution but like a lot of the Marvel events around that time, for better or worse, the main story was ho hum and all the really cool stuff happened in side story and fringe minis.

I will always be grateful for the reboot of The Journey Into Mystery series with Kid Loki. That was a fantastic read and made me a fan of the character.

14 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

So yeah Adam Driver could be our new Mr. Fantastic! Not a big fan of this casting cause i was one of those geeks who enjoyed Krasinski's portrayal in MOM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvY2CLUieg

The movies themselves were questionable but I quite enjoyed Ioan Gruffudd's Mr Fantastic, hope they bring him back for Secret Wars

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Krasinski was like..."sad" Reed Richard's. He was so pouty looking in every scene lol. Made me laugh honestly. Then Pop haha. 

Even tho it was an alternate universe version of Reed, that WAS kind of a fucked up way to introduce ppl to the character who may not have been familiar. Literally did nothing and got turned into spaghetti in his first MCU appearance lol

Edited by HD-Man
16 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

So yeah Adam Driver could be our new Mr. Fantastic! Not a big fan of this casting cause i was one of those geeks who enjoyed Krasinski's portrayal in MOM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvY2CLUieg

I took enjoyed it but had my doubt Krasinski would want to attach himself long term to such a project unless they broke open the bank for him and potentially his wife.

59 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Even tho it was an alternate universe version of Reed, that WAS kind of a fucked up way to introduce ppl to the character who may not have been familiar. Literally did nothing and got turned into spaghetti in his first MCU appearance lol

I enjoyed it, but I like when Reed has to eat shit, he's so fucking smug it's always fun when he gets got. 

With that said you are 100% correct, that was a pretty bad introduction to the character for anyone who doesn't know him, he came off as weak, pouty, and worst of all, dumb. 

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

I thought Krasinski was a great Reed Richards. 

He was great, but damn MoM had a lot of wasted potential in terms of using the ideas or the concepts it was playing with.

I get the feeling the executives behind that film had no idea but a vague paragraph how the overall multiverse would be handled and thus played it safe with maybe the Illuminati added late in the process as fan service.

10 minutes ago, Wellman said:

He was great, but damn MoM had a lot of wasted potential in terms of using the ideas or the concepts it was playing with.

I get the feeling the executives behind that film had no idea but a vague paragraph how the overall multiverse would be handled and thus played it safe with maybe the Illuminati added late in the process as fan service.

Nahhhh they knew what they were doing with Krasinski. He was all over the place with Fan casting him and his wife Emily blunt as Sue Storm. So his addition was a nice nod to the fans especially........

Spoiler

with Prof floating in on the yellow wheelchair thingy, 90s X men remix playing in the Bg, that was really epic considering its the first time we see him in the MCU.

21 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The movies themselves were questionable but I quite enjoyed Ioan Gruffudd's Mr Fantastic, hope they bring him back for Secret Wars

Oh yeah i liked him in that role too!!

Imma be honest, i totally forgot that piece of media existed.....wiped it clear out of my mind until you mentioned it. So nobody looking for Miles Teller to make a comeback??

36 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Reimi said in an interview that Krasinksi was straight up to appease fan-casters but he (Krasinski) had no intentions of staying on as the character. So I imagine the Illuminati getting murked was the solution. 

but Disney can deliver Fort Knox worth’s of money to people on the daily. So who knows. 

id be fine with Adam Driver being Reed as well, tbh. He’s really good at playing the compassionate but stoic character. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Counterstrike said:

Nahhhh they knew what they were doing with Krasinski. He was all over the place with Fan casting him and his wife Emily blunt as Sue Storm. So his addition was a nice nod to the fans especially........

Reveal hidden contents

with Prof floating in on the yellow wheelchair thingy, 90s X men remix playing in the Bg, that was really epic considering its the first time we see him in the MCU.

Oh yeah i liked him in that role too!!

Imma be honest, i totally forgot that piece of media existed.....wiped it clear out of my mind until you mentioned it. So nobody looking for Miles Teller to make a comeback??

Wouldve loved to see Killmonger meet Michael B Human Torch but there's no legit reason for it to happen lol

Sins of Sinister was a huge disappointment despite the decent ending. It felt really disjointed. Maybe due to it being across three different minis? I’m not sure. It’s definitely an event that I feel that will feel better reading in trade. 

Also, Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley’s Hulk run ended today. Ottley took over for the last few issues and it just made me feel he should have been in-charge as writer/artist from the beginning. As soon as Ottley took over from 11-14 the comic felt totally different and I mean that in the most positive way possible. 

The next Hulk title starts in June. It’s by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Nic Klein as writer and artist respectively. I’m really excited. 

Edited by iStu X
On 4/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, iStu X said:

Sins of Sinister was a huge disappointment despite the decent ending. It felt really disjointed. Maybe due to it being across three different minis? I’m not sure. It’s definitely an event that I feel that will feel better reading in trade. 

I don't mind meaty tie ins to a main event but having the main A/B plots given their own separate books feels greedy. Especially since they have been advertising the next event before this one wraps too.

Finally got around to Quantamania, it wasn't bad as reviews said. Majors was clearly the selling point tho, kinda a shame he fucked it in real life and will probably be replaced, he commanded the screen anytime he was on it. Modok's story arc was suprisingly decent too

......but if Majors can't come back, I want to get my Colman Domingo agenda going. He has the acting ability to pull off other Kang as well as Majors, especially since the variant option is available. 2nd pick is Boyega as a younger version if he even wants to deal with Disney again that is