Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

The heart of the Marvel Universe will be reborn this August in #MarvelComics’ ‘Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant’, written by the MCU’s own Iman Vellani and Sabir Pirzada!
The eXciting truth of Kamala’s identity will begin to come to light at this year’s #XMenHellfireGala, before the hero’s new journey begins. Get a first look at Ms. Marvel’s new costume design, created by Jamie McKelvie.
Welcome to the X-Men, Ms. Marvel — hope you survive the experience! ❌⚡: https://bit.ly/3NQso5x

359806522_824158075747720_60726477456043 360110787_824158059081055_12480125724628

"I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," Vellani shared. "Our book will absolutely reflect all those core themes of identity that the Ms. Marvel comics have consistently explored — only now there's a whole new label that Kamala has to learn to accept. It's going to be pretty crazy."

Wish she would have stayed dead.
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I knew she was going to stay dead. However, if they were going to bring her back his quickly, what was even the point?

Twofold in my opinion. To finally have her be what she was always intended to be, a mutant. Apparently, they made her an inhuman at the last minute because FOX had the X-Men movie rights at the time. I am sure Kamala's creator is finally happy about it.
Secondly, to show mutants flexing their muscles, and solidify their status making waves in the real world: "did you hear Ms. Marvel died?", "Did you hear Ms. Marvel is back?", "How is that possible?", "The mutants resurrected her."

Welcome to Krakoan life!

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:
Wish she would have stayed dead.

It just shows how creatively bankrupt comics are these days. It is just easier to hit the reset button before handing it off to the next creative team rather than build something. I am more shocked they managed to slap on every X Men logo on her costume.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

It just shows how creatively bankrupt comics are these days.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I have no issue with bringing back characters from the dead. I am not one of those who think permanent death is some sort of meaningful story.

I just wanted her dead because I hate the bitch.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I don't know if this site is trustworthy, but..

Synopsis of the SDCC X-men '97 clip:

https://www.thepopverse.com/x-men-97-marvel-studios-comics-san-diego-comic-con-2023

Rather than a traditional teaser or trailer format, the sequence was part of a larger narrative, as Cyclops and Storm interrogated Henry Gyrich over what appeared to be the shooting of Charles Xavier. (It was left unclear if Xavier was still alive as a result of the attempt on his life.) Gyrich was unrepentant for his actions, suggesting that humanity had to fight back or else be eradicated by mutants, but bravado was pointless — after he attempted to out-macho Cyclops, the latter simply asked, “have you met my wife?” before the audience saw Jean Grey using the Cerebro helmet, enter Gyrich’s mind… where something happened to wrest control back from her, so that she ended up in a dreamscape that was a hellish red, interrupted by the appearance of a giant robotic head that announced, “I am death. I am Master Mold.”

The action then shifted to the Blackbird, as the X-Men sped to the Sahara Desert, where they believed they would find both Master Mold and his creator, Bolivar Trask — and they were probably right, in that they were immediately attacked by a Sentinel that destroyed their craft and sent them plummeting to the ground. Of course, they’re the X-Men, so they survived (not least of all because Morph transformed into Angel, complete with his 1990s metal wings), with the teaser ending with a fun sequence where Cyclops used his optic beams to slow his fall until he landed safely, before staring into the camera and saying, “To me, my X-Men.”

I've been rewatching some MCU films since it's the 60th anniversary of Avengers.

Thoughts:

1) A lot of villains come off as weak and ineffectual due to lack of screentime, overly jokey tone etc.

IMO:

Baron Strucker

Taskmaster

Ghost - They should have done him as a corporate saboteur with the hatred of large companies and played him as fully villainous. I would have preferred that to Ivan Vanko from IM 2.

2) The main themes for Iron Man 1 and Cap 1 are underrated and should have been used again. They're my favorites after the Avengers theme by Alan Silvestri.

IM 1 - "Driving with the top down"

Cap 1 

3) Thor thoughts:

IMO Asgard looked the best in Thor 1. It was so resplendent. 

Thor became more humble and less impetuous in 1. Unfortunately, Taika made him too clownish. While it wasnt that bad in Ragnarok, Love and Thunder feels like it's ordering on parody with overuse of goats, The "love triangle between Thor, Stormbreaker, and Mjolnir". 

Sif is wasted as was the Warriors Three. It is a shame the Enchantress was never used either.

Also, I dont want Taika to direct anymore.  If they were to do more , get Ken Branagh back or a new person.

I would also be cool if there weren't  any more standalone Thor films; I'd be fine with him appearing mostly in Avengers films from now on.

4) Cap /Steve trilogy is arguably the best trilogy in MCU. Evans is great in all. Bucky's arc from close friend  to villain, neutral, and ally worked great.

Cap and Bucky have more chemistry than Thor and Jane. 

5) Outside of Cap/Peggy and Tony/Pepper, I feel the romantic subplots were a bust.

Wanda and Vision got their best stuff after Endgame which is odd.

6) Its interesting that outside a few scattered moments in each film, they rarely use the character's code names- 90 percent  it is Captain Rogers, Stark, Romanoff etc despite being more comic booky.

X-men 1 in 2000 shied away from traditional costumes and many sci fi tropes , but werent' shy about using the codenames.

Edited by DangerousJ
On 7/25/2023 at 7:42 PM, iStu X said:

Super easy to look tall when you’re wearing 8 inch lifts. 

On 7/25/2023 at 8:02 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Super easy to post something dumb when you don't do your research. Names in the tiktok. She's 6'5. Took me all five seconds to check that before I made the post.

https://www.instagram.com/natasha.burnz/

Most interior doors in the US are at least 80 in tall.  

If she is 6'5 (77 in) and wearing any sort of heel (which is apparent in both outfits), she'll be against the frame. 

Don't think it's an 8, but somewhere between a 3 - 5 in heel/platform. 

This post is brought to you by my experience in home improvement projects and almost 7 years working in women's retail 😎

50 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Most interior doors in the US are at least 80 in tall.  

If she is 6'5 (77 in) and wearing any sort of heel (which is apparent in both outfits), she'll be against the frame. 

Don't think it's an 8, but somewhere between a 3 - 5 in heel/platform. 

This post is brought to you by my experience in home improvement projects and almost 7 years working in women's retail 😎

Plus She-Hulk wears high heels. IIRC this was the first official poster for the show 👀

she-hulk-poster-2022.jpg?auto=webp&width

Unrelated side note: Her boyfriend looks so short next to her and he's apparently 5'11. Reminds me of when Wolverine stands next to Jean Grey 😅

14 hours ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

Rhodey been a Skrull as early as Phase 3. Like we talking about 9 years. Granted the show was predictable but holy shit at the length of time. Like the real Rhodey missed EVERYTHING 

Secret invasion 

Spoiler

If that shit stays true, while I  am not pleased it does give him a helluva hook for his movie. And why he may go the route of trying to take back Tony's armors in a way similar to how Tony went off the deep end in the original story.

The Disney + Marvel shows have not been bad, but I do feel especially if they are going to cut back, as all signs seem to show they want to, they should do TV movies/specials like the Guardians Christmas or Werewolf by Night one. More shows then don't have had a drag where you feel they are killing time.