Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I saw that in the theaters because the 90s cartoon and a few decent runs I followed through the comics made me a Iron Man fan. Glad I did but I do remember laughing to myself at the idea they would ever turn the hook at the end into a decent Avengers film. 

Glad to be wrong on that one.

I always like the sound of the hammer clanging against an anvil that repeated through the Iron Man cartoon's theme song. It was simple but fitting IMO.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not a fan of the first Cap honestly. It felt more like the "necessary evil" than anything else. 

Not sure what you are talking about Hayley Atwell's boobs..bodacious performance made that movie a solid foundation for the trilogy. All jokes aside, I can see why people didn't care for the movie even though I thought it was solid. 

You don't need to see it. They leaned too hard into humor, and Gorr was disappointing (through no fault of Christian Bale).

In fact, it's that movie that really killed the "gotta see it" aspect of MCU flicks for me. Before that, I would always give something MCU a chance unless I had ZERO interest. After TLT, I didn't even care to see Ant-Man: Quantumania (despite them setting up Kang) because I heard it was underwhelming too aside from Johnathan Majors.

Edited by axeman61
On 5/5/2023 at 9:27 PM, Wellman said:

Good, it sounds like they fucked up the original pitch anyway. If they don't have decent writers, who knows this should be a action flick with horror elements and whatever twist on the formula they want to throw in should be a distant third or fourth 

When it comes to this strike, I hope people remember the Fallen . . . 

TransformersRevengeoftheFallen.jpg?v=166

On 5/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, iStu X said:

Facts. Love and Thunder is arguably the worst mcu movie. 

As bad as phase 4 was, it was Love and Thunder that made me stop going to every Marvel movie. Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3 is the first Marvel movie I will see since Love and Thunder.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The movie is GARBAGE.

Is everything I hated about Ragnarok turned up to 11111111111

My issues with L&T is it regressed Thor as a character by a great deal. He was one of the few characters in the MCU that had genuine and relatable character growth. But L&T basically back peddled on all of it

This other issue is I had just finished re-reading J. Michael Straczynski and Jason Aaron’s amazing Thor run that revolves around Gorr, The God Butcher. Taika Waititi and Marvel Films as a whole ruined one of the most captivating and interesting villain ever created in comics. 

I had a lot of other issues with it as well like a mother fucking cosmic entity (Eternity) being a MacGuffin. But those were my biggest two issues. 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My issues with L&T is it regressed Thor as a character by a great deal. He was one of the few characters in the MCU that had genuine and relatable character growth. But L&T basically back peddled on all of it. 

This is my issue with the movie. Thor's a fucking jerk again. Also the Goats joke got old pretty fast. 

Otherwise I was OK. I'd still rather sit through it then Dark World or Iron Man 2 but eh that's a pretty low bar to cross. 

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

My worst MCU movies :

Thor 2 and Iron Man 2  -Tie

Black Widow and Thor 4 -Tie

I liked Black Widow a decent deal more then Thor 4 myself. Movie would feel less pointless tho if it had released when it made sense instead of two years after it would matter. 

23 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's the issue with Eternals they had way too much narrative to cram into the runtime of a single film. 

That is always the problem with the Kirby groups of the Eternals and Inhumans. They have such interesting lore and potential but you have to invest to get to the meat of it. And the few writers that can get it together even in under 12 issues usually don't get more then that to build outward like say we saw with Hickman and most of his projects or Ewing on the Hulk.

If her outfit was comics accurate at the time, she would have been having a whole other sort of issue. 

It is why I don't get comic or anime fans when they see live action adaptations complain about costumes. Sometimes that shit on page or in animation is not possible outside of a CG costume. Which has its own problems.