Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Given how they sort of nerfed the Nova Corp in the MCU,I wonder how they will walk that back to enable the traditional Nova, energy blast and flying brick powers?

But honestly if they are serious about the Fantastic Four, focusing on the cosmic side plus a lighter output would do well to give them breathing room and distance to help revitalize the MCU brand IMO. 

Al Ewing’s newest Thor arc was announced today. 

Greg Land low key has to be a meta call from Ewing since Land is known for tracing and plagiarism and the whole Roxxon Age is about Roxxon currently “owning” the rights to Thor and teaming with Enchatress to re-write Thor’s history. 😂

IMG_9835.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't be truly excited for X-Men 97' until it comes out and I find out that Disney didn't fuck it up. I'm cautiously optimistic because Beau DeMayo, the show runner, actually seems to genuinely care about it. He left The Witcher on Netflix because he got tired of them disrespecting the source material. More over, he wouldn't hire anyone for X-Men 97' unless they were fan because of his terrible experience on The Witcher. So, I hope he truly has the final say. His outlook is the only reason I care that this is coming out at all.

So some of the OG cast is returning , but as new characters.

I know people's voice change over time, but it feels weird to get the classic actors back and recast them.

Confirmed voice cast for 'X-MEN '97'

Returning
▪️ Cal Dodd — Wolverine/Logan
▪️ Alison Sealy-Smith — Storm/Ororo Munroe
▪️ George Buza — Beast/Henry “Hank” McCoy
▪️ Adrian Hough — Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner
▪️ Chris Britton — Mister Sinister/Nathaniel Essex
▪️ Lenore Zann — Rogue

New
▪️ Ray Chase — Cyclops/Scott Summers
▪️ Jennifer Hale — Jean Grey
▪️ AJ LoCascio — Gambit/Remy LeBeau
▪️ Holly Chou — Jubilee/Jubilation Lee
▪️ JP Karliak — Morph
▪️ Isaac Robinson-Smith — Bishop/Lucan Bishop
▪️ Matthew Waterson — Magneto/Erik Lehnsherr
▪️ Ross Marquand — Professor Charles Xavier
▪️ Giu Augustini — Sunspot/Roberto Da Costa
▪️ Gil Birmingham — Forge/Daniel Lone Eagle
▪️ Eric Bauza — Sentinels
▪️ Theo James — *Secret Role*

Returning But New Character
▪️ Catherine Disher — Jean Grey ➡️ Dr. Valerie Cooper
▪️ Chris Potter — Gambit ➡️ Cable/Nathan Summers
▪️ Lawrence Bayne — Cable ➡️ Carl Dentil/X-Cutioner
▪️ Ron Rubin — Morph ➡️ President Robert Edward Kelly
▪️ Alyson Court — Jubilee ➡️ Abscissa

https://twitter.com/screentime/status/1758144614555333095

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

X-Men been woke before woke was even a word that bigots co-opted. Honestly I care nothing about Morph being non binary and whatnot. Im annoyed they changed his look to make him resemble Changeling. I know its more comic accurate but I miss ol rat face already lol

People are freaking out about Morph who is a shapeshifter being non-binary? Not the hill to die on IMO. Let's be honest, how many episodes of the show was he even in. He gets "killed" right away in the first couple of episodes and is a recurring character at best throughout the rest of the series. 

Side Note: I agree with you about his face. I didn't even know who he was at first.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

ha, Morph had such a small amount of time in the old show that most people probably forgot he exists....it was shocking at the time to have a named character *apparently* get killed off on a Saturday morning cartoon.

I probably still have some episodes on tape after all these years.  YES... in 2024 I'm one of those people that still actually has vhs tapes.

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Sony is like 0-50 when it comes to these Spiderman adjacent movies. I dont trust Spiderman Noir to be good at all even with Cage. Its amazing they can make utter trash them make arguably the best Spiderman movies out the Miles Trilogy

Well the Miles movies where made under abusive conditions so hardly a film making excellence achievement, even if the movies are good. 

It ultimately comes down to live action, they are dealing with executives with no real talent trying to force their beliefs onto projects. The animated movies were made in a bit of a vacuum by some talented creators but as we see even though they are talent they are not above bad production.

If Lord and Miller were not already big names due to the Lego movies, they probably would have had more executives on their back asking for things. Instead they are mostly the only ones asking for unreasonable things in production. Which probably means the trilogy won't wrap up until 2026.

27 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

This is the first I've heard of abuse behind the scenes. Thats wild

https://www.cbr.com/across-the-spider-verse-working-conditions-100-artists-quit/#:~:text=Across the Spider-Verse animators have reportedly described working conditions,within a toxic work culture.

"Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse animators quit en masse, as a report indicates that working conditions caused 100 artists to leave."

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

This is the first I've heard of abuse behind the scenes. Thats wild

Across The Spider Verse was basically created under constant crunch. To top it off they were expected the animators to churn out Beyond The Spider Verse in like 9 months. I foolishly assumed that both films were being done at the same time and that Beyond The Spider Verse was mostly done when Across The Spider Verse released. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Across The Spider Verse was basically created under constant crunch. To top it off they were expected the animators to churn out Beyond The Spider Verse in like 9 months. I foolishly assumed that both films were being done at the same time and that Beyond The Spider Verse was mostly done when Across The Spider Verse released. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Same they announced that they were doing two more films, plus maybe a Gwen focused film, almost immediately after the first one won it's awards and the first teaser also stated the second film would be a 'part 1' after announcing the first delay. It would make sense if they would have finished the second one months before release then spent time before the release making or polishing that third movie. 

But given what we heard of production, it is a miracle that movie came out as well as it did given it was still being edited after the initial release with changes made to different versions released