Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

that's a bit of a surprise to me... I had just assumed that most new and recent streaming shows/movies now would just stop getting physical media releases, since the industry seems so hellbent on killing that off as fast as they can.  The various companies would rather have people just commit to a future of paying a subscription fee indefinitely.

Well, this news at least sparks some small bit of hope, even though it's mostly shows I have no interest in.  I went to my usual Best Buy location out of curiosity this past weekend and sure enough, yeah they have cleared out that entire tv/movie section.  It was good while it lasted... surprisingly they still had physical versions of games in there though; I thought those were going away in BB as well.....but yeah, they might as well be dead to me now.  I no longer have a reason to walk into a Best Buy ever again.

20 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

431229938_844137197757316_14991486523582

I mean the first two I definitely still would if offered.

Also Marvel Unlimited is offering some of the Infinity comics for free now. So if you want to read about Jeff the Landshark and not subscribe to another subscription you have your opportunity!

Start Scrolling offers Infinity Comics for free

Infinity Comics home page

Edited by Wellman
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 8:16 PM, HD-Man said:

Wtf did this nigga say or do to get fired BEFORE the show premiered? I'm not sure what to do with this information 😐 

Disney probably just dropped the ball. I've heard the rumors around his behavior. They are saying the same things as the allegations that popped up when he left The Witcher. Some people were saying it's because he has Only Fans page but it's apparently something he never hid. So who knows but it's for the same behavior he was accused of by people from The Witcher then it's big L on Disney for not looking into it. The assumption was that they had an axe to grind because of his comments about The Witcher's writing room. However, as a multi billion dollar corporation, you still have to vette the guy.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Rogue, Gambit, and their new mutants become “Outlaw Heroes” in New Orleans in this arc. Tom Brevoort promises this era of X-Men puts characters back in the real world with non-mutants.

But no one wants thaaaaaat

This relaunch is regressing the x men back so much. It really sucks

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

It does. I think it was a mistake to undo the age of Krakoa.

But, hey, that's one of the best uniforms Jubilee has worn lately.

I get the reasoning but to completely undo it seems short sighted. You can pull back while leaving some things from that run to build on. But it's not a surprise given who is involved. Still hope some of the other creatives can make a diamond out of the coal.

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 4:36 PM, iStu X said:

Just watched the first two episodes, if this is indicative of what the show will be let Beau DeMayo did what he said he would do. The show was damned good. If the man has personality issues, get him him some counseling, and get him back on the show. As long as what he did wasn't criminal work this shit out.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I just watched the first 2 episodes of X-Men '97!

It's VERY good. The tone,dialogue, action scenes are all great. It respects  the Claremont era comics while also doing new twists. 

I love that the episodes are longer.

28 minutes without end credits.

Most of the voice acting is great, both old and new. 

After 20 years of being treated like unwanted garbage in the live action films, Cyclops and Storm shine brightly in these 2 episodes.

Negatives 

Bishop's actor does a very different sort of performance that doesn't suit him. 

Morph's powers have him assuming the abilities of those he changes into.

I will give an overall score after the season is done. 

I normally wait till a whole season is uploaded to a streaming service,but this show is so good that it is worth watching piecemeal.

If you have any hesitation about watching,don't.

12 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

If you have any hesitation about watching,don't.

I do mainly because they axed the best era of X-Men comics since Morrison/Quitely for the sake of nostalgia and ‘brand synergy”. I don’t really want to support that.

It makes me unreasonably upset. 

X-Men 97 also represents a lot of issues readers have with comics. Which is publishers aren’t willing to let go of certain era’s/tropes/stories and just move on. They have to keep going back to the nostalgia well or figure out how to tell the same stories over and over again in new ways. 

It’s exhausting. 

Edited by iStu X

I can understand wanting something different. I can't understand wanting that from X-Men 97. It's a direct continuation of the 90s cartoon that literally picks up where it left of. It should carry forth the tone of that 90s show. That's the basic premise to the show and what it's always been presented as. 

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't understand wanting that from X-Men 97

He's not saying he wants that from X-Men 97, he's saying he doesn't want X-Men 97 period. He wants a new show.

Edited by RSG3
On 3/15/2024 at 2:36 PM, iStu X said:

To give the benefit of doubt.

They can claim this stuff with him being unable to defend himself due NDAs.

Plus Is not like Disney and other studios do character assassination on regular basis while keeping worse individuals around because it bennefits them at the moment 😂

So I picked up the House of X/Powers of X TPB because it was discounted off Amazon. This is the Krakoan X-Men era, right? After reading this book, where would I go for the other X books in this era? The reading order sounds kinda confusing.

I've been reading the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby OG X-Men run. Magneto is a straight up villain in these books.

Scarlet Witch & Quick Silver: But what about the innocent people that will die?

Magneto: 

Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

I was also surprised to see Astreroid M show up this early in the X-Men history. I was for certain that was part of the Chris Clermont run, but nope, it was used as early as 1960s X-Men #5.