Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Spoiler

They played on our expectations, I for sure thought Onslaught was coming. Kinda glad Xavier gave Magneto another chance 

Shit ton on cameos. Was expecting Peter to find MJ in a Spiderman TAS revival but I'm not mad he found her before that begins (if it does). Nice to finally see the Avengers even tho they did fuck all. Lol

Guess we doing Age (s) of Apocalypse now. Aight. They DEFINITELY should've offed him right then and there but they'd probably completely fuck up the timeline if they did so

I keep getting recommended videos about X-Men '97 under performing in views. Drop offs are natural after premiers but the viewership could very well be not as high as Marvel and fans of the series would like it to be. Although, the caps in certain words on these videos could be from anti-wokies fishing for clicks. I remember when they said Captain Marvel was failing in theaters and then that flick went on to be another billion dollar Marvel film. 

On 5/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, iStu X said:

Jed MacKay is barely out of the gate with his event Blood Hunt and it’s already one of the best marvel events in years. 

Did you read the free comic book day Blood Hunt issue? It features the X-men

https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Free-Comic-Book-Day-2024/Blood-Hunt-X-Men?id=229712

Spoiler

Jubilee is clearly talking about Krakoa in her thoughts. I thought the relaunch would reboot the continuity somehow. I haven't read the issues from the past weeks so I am a little behind.

Also Jubilee seems to have gained new abilities.

So i did some extensive research (5 whole minutes of Wiki lmao)

Spoiler

Apparently the X-men 97/Spiderman TAs universe is not apart of the old Marvel Action Hour shows universe (Fantastic 4, Hulk, Iron Man). In those shows, Tchalla was Black Panther but in 97 its clearly Tchaka.  who was dead by the time BP appeared in F4. 

All these years i thought all the shows connected despite hella inconsistencies. But the decision to use Tchaka now makes sense in what is Earth-92131. Im still a tad confused but i think this is the gist of it. So basically they can go clean slate with alot of these characters and not have to worry about breaking continuity in the future should they choose

Regarding the cameos in X-Men '97 ep 10...

Spoiler

I kinda wonder why Spidey wasn't out stopping looters, but considering there was a VERY real chance the world was gonna catch the meanest fade from Asteroid M (nice job on that missile strike President Kelly, be tee dubs) it is totally understandable that he would want to spend what could be his last moments with Mary Jane. And the real MJ too boot! I was so freaking happy seeing them side by side after, what, 27 years? That is  a long  MF wait for a happy ending

Storm when

Spoiler

Jean came back as Phoenix. Her laugh felt laced with "Ya'll ain't ready for the smoke!"

Morph

Spoiler

Trolling Sinister was everything. After everything Sinister put Morph through, this is something that was long overdue.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Before X97 ends, please do a multi part Brood story!

The "Colony" was one of the few missteps of the original show.

I picked up X-Men Epic Collection that has the Brood Saga in it a while back. I haven't read it yet, but looking at a few panels, it looks like this one hit the X-Men pretty hard.

-----

I've been making my way through Wolverine: Weapon X Deluxe Edition TPB. For the first time, I feel like I understand just why the adamantium bonding experience was so traumatizing for Wolverine. And the scientists that did it to them are world class A-holes with no moral center. They don'y even view Logan as human. Merely an experiment to be tested. The art is also a knockout. 

I've started reading my Avengers vol. 1 by Jed MacKay TPB. I'm liking he roster. Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Sam Wilson Captain America and Vision. And Kang's search for "The Missing Moment" has me intrigued. 

3 hours ago, Jurassic said:

Deadpool 3 should be the big movie of the summer, the only competition is Twisters, Borderlands and that new Alien movie.

It will be big movie but will it do enough for the executives. It isn't just streaming hurting movies the previous expectations need to be realigned because I can't see many massive $500+ million blockbusters even from Marvel/Disney

If the past month of movie releases is any indication, then having a movie out-performing other movies for a long month should be considered a win. I doubt any studio executives have been happy with their bottom line because it is getting harder to get people to the movies. Movie distribution is spread thin between theaters and streaming. After the flood of superhero shit last year, it is refreshing just having one during the summer.

• 2 weeks later...