Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

I heard of this on another forum earlier, and here's Rurikhan with a vid on the strange issue with Anthem's power-scaling

I tried this but with an Interceptor since their melee is already ridiculous..also tried with a Ranger.....but the problem is it's still making you essentially a glass cannon that dies immediately to **anything**...I may try with a Colossus later then.... really, it's stupid but so far it doesn't seem as godlike as some folks are making it out to be... go to Grandmaster 2 or 3 and you'll still get knocked down in 2 seconds by even the weakest enemies.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Zero said:

I haven't heard the best things about Black Desert but, yeah, the combat does have me interested in giving it a whirl regardless.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, MillionX said:

Black Desert review... I'm definitely getting this on XB1, especially once I found out how cheap it is.. (only 10 bucks for the basic version)...as some already know, this is one mmo where combat actually looks cool for a change...

It's been on PC for a long time and I have some friends who really like it.  I'd play it on PC if it at all possible.

sheeeeit, the Colossus in Anthem is so hilariously OP, man…goddamn… I got that item I kept hearing about on forums called “Best Defense”…it is the masterwork version of the siege cannon. Basically, this shit heals you for 35% health just by shooting enemies with it…and that effect seems to have a very short cool-down. So… in addition to this being one of the best, most durable “tank” characters I’ve ever played… TONS of health plus shield…if I get even a little low on health I just shoot into a pack of enemies and boom I’m fine because I just got 35% of my health back. Since it’s a goddamn cannon, keep in mind you still have health pick-ups dropping from enemies dying.  At this point the Colossus is nearly unstoppable…the shit is hilarious. I could probably just stick with Grandmaster 2 difficulty at this point.

It’s so damn good I’m a bit concerned they’ll probably nerf either Colossus or “Best Defense” or both, sadly, knowing how devs tend to be these days ( oh that’s too powerful and thus FUN? We need to “fix” it then…can’t be having that…)

This is the greatest tank I’ve played since the glitched Dwarf in Dragon’s Crown, man.

I was just starting Black Desert this morning, actually, when some friends sent the invite for some Anthem action...yeah, I've actually been on the game basically the whole day 😄

oh my....god!!! hell fuckin YEAH, man!!!

...damn I need to sit down for a while after that... muthafuckin Bloodlines PART 2, man....this is finally happening!!!  I do wish it had 3rd person view though...

Bethesda and Elder Scrolls can go kick rocks forever then (we all know that TES VI will likely be a broken mess just like the rest of their games)... I finally have some *real* options for vampire games lately.... Code Vein coming up, Vampyr last year and now this...sheeeeit.

KIZN6r3.gif

@Darc_Requiem I pretty much feel the same way about MMO's nowadays, but every now and then one intrigues me. I still haven't tried Black Desert yet, though.

Cuphead on Switch id godlike. I already own it on but I'll be glad to get a physical copy. Good on Microsoft!

Picked up Sekiro. Game wastes no time getting hard as balls. I like that.

Edited by Zero

sheeeeit, it's more Borderlands so I'm already sold, basically... at least until they announce the inevitable shit that might put me off:

ONLINE-ONLY! 😒  

I'm instantly curious about the bigger character with the singular eye and the heavy coat... just in terms of design I'm already liking that one... and that 1 girl who displayed a multi-armed "Shiva" godlike ability (perhaps another siren showing off magical abilities?)  That one and the big coat cyclops guy are already looking like my favorites.

I got Galak-Z: The Void on Switch so I’ve been on that a lot lately. I could see how some people might not like the controls in this; it takes some getting used to, but it’s fun so far to me…as many say it takes a lot of cues from the '80s era anime stuff, in terms of the visual flair. A nice little nostalgia detail— when you pause (and the options show up), it’s like someone paused the VHS tape this “show” is on to adjust the “tracking”… 😄

Galak-Z in general is a game I’ve wanted for years, thinking it would be one of the first purchases actually whenever I got around to buying a PS4…so it’s a big deal to have this portable now. There was a previous one on Switch but something about it was a real turn-off for me; I forgot what that even was.

Edited by MillionX

the drop rate in Anthem is so damn stingy it's just baffling that any developer would think that's how things should be... 
for those familiar with Diablo games... imagine if on even the high "Torment" difficulty....players were still getting nothing but blue and white items....and then sometimes you get a yellow/rare...and perhaps once every 80 hours you might get 1 legendary weapon that turns out to be for a different character than the one you are currently playing.  Two weeks later you get a legendary again...and it's a duplicate of that first one you got a long time ago.  

Hahaha these people *actually* think this is how the shit should be...in a genre where the never-ending hunt for awesome loot is the appeal. 🤣 It often makes you wonder if the ones working there currently have even designed *anything* before.  Really, bruh?  The game took that long in development...the loot is the appeal in these kinds of games....and the amount of items in general is that small? (You will see soooo many duplicates that one starts to wonder if the loot-pool is only comprised of about 15 to 20 items total.)  You got a whole category of items that doesn't even have high-tier equivalents? (Support gear has no masterwork or legendary versions at the moment.  Yep...seriously.)

there's been many hilarious moments with my regular crew where folks were yelling out "REALLY, BRUH? A **BLUE** ITEM ON GM3?!

Edited by MillionX

The Anthem Report....here we go, folks...

...so...I just got on there now to see the "featured" store update....it's EMOTES again....goddamn emotes.  What the hell is their problem, man?  It is comical at this point how seemingly out of touch they are on various things.  The real shit most of the fans care about in that in-game store are the armor packs (customization skins)...yet they CONTINUE to just sit on that shit and update the store with stupid ass emotes and decals.  It's like they want this game to keep being the laughing stock of the industry....like they're desperately trying to take the place of Fallout 76 for some bizarre reason.🤣

note--they actually did have armor packs (just 2 again) up in the previous store update...but that shit was uglyyyy.. like it made the Interceptor kinda look like it has the head of a chicken! ..and the shoulder pieces looked like toilet seats! 😆  heh, I just noticed/remembered that I actually  have an Elysian key right now...but I haven't even used that shit because the Elysian chests never have anything cool in them...NO armors....just emotes and decal/vinyls.  Why are these guys so bad at this shit?  A new "treasure chest" being added to the game SHOULD be something making me want to play and get the keys to them....but nope, not as long as it only gives trash I don't give 2 shits about.

Edited by MillionX
On 4/3/2019 at 2:13 AM, MillionX said:

The Anthem Report....here we go, folks...

...so...I just got on there now to see the "featured" store update....it's EMOTES again....goddamn emotes.  What the hell is their problem, man?  It is comical at this point how seemingly out of touch they are on various things.  The real shit most of the fans care about in that in-game store are the armor packs (customization skins)...yet they CONTINUE to just sit on that shit and update the store with stupid ass emotes and decals.  It's like they want this game to keep being the laughing stock of the industry....like they're desperately trying to take the place of Fallout 76 for some bizarre reason.🤣

note--they actually did have armor packs (just 2 again) up in the previous store update...but that shit was uglyyyy.. like it made the Interceptor kinda look like it has the head of a chicken! ..and the shoulder pieces looked like toilet seats! 😆  heh, I just noticed/remembered that I actually  have an Elysian key right now...but I haven't even used that shit because the Elysian chests never have anything cool in them...NO armors....just emotes and decal/vinyls.  Why are these guys so bad at this shit?  A new "treasure chest" being added to the game SHOULD be something making me want to play and get the keys to them....but nope, not as long as it only gives trash I don't give 2 shits about.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

yeah, that article is making the rounds on youtube now... various channels talking about it... 

Of course, Yong is one of many that posted a vid on this...

I didn't get on last night but I'm sure one of my "crew" I was playing this with already moved on to The Division 2 recently...and he most likely won't be back.  My old friend from college is also a Division fan so I'm sure he's playing that as well by now.

Edited by MillionX

ah, someone echoing my commentary once again...

....and...is Sekiro really another game that requires a connection?!?  If that's the case that makes absolutely nooooo goddamn sense...it is a single player game only, right?  What in THE fucking hell, man...

*and yes, I am sure there's some idiot son of a bitch in the comments on that vid that posts the snarky bullshit "uhhh you never owned your games, dude."... I should look for it to have a good laugh....

haha, well most have probably given up on this game by this point but Anthem had a new patch:

• Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
  • Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
  • The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
  • Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

I want to try this out but damn there's a good live broadcast on youtube right now...

aha, soooo that’s why Storm always seemed like such a low-tier piece of shit in this game… the damage reduction that is supposed to happen when Storm hovers doesn’t even work properly!  (*I figured it was just destined to be bottom tier anyway though because of the inherent gameplay design there; Storm is the “wizard” of the crew… a glass cannon…in a game where enemies on high difficulties are constantly shooting you from all directions and doing INSANE damage…that’s just how it goes though with games that have different characters and abilities; something is always going to be shit-tier. It is impossible to avoid that.)
Plenty of more “colorful” commentary about the state of the game is in here as well, of course:

Edited by MillionX

Vampyr sold 1 million (I wonder how long did that take though..?  The game was released June of last year.)

I'm hoping a sequel becomes a reality some day in the near future...I am not sure which I would prefer---continuing the adventures of Dr. Reid or have him be a side character with a newer vamp being the star.... 

in terms of the business aspect of it all, it would probably be smarter to continue a series with 1 main character(s) though.  Usually that helps with establishing a certain brand.....yeah, I'd continue with Dr. Reid perhaps in another time period.  Despite a few nitpicks, overall I think they nailed it and created the vampire game I’ve always dreamed of playing, ever since I was a kid watching things like The Lost Boys and Fright Night over and over.

Edited by MillionX

^ohhhh hell yeah I'm getting that; good thing I waited on that one...now I can have it portable...

Ok, Dead Cells on “Very Hard”----this IS one of the hardest games I’ve ever played, man… seriously. I’ve been at it for weeks now; I’ve only made it as far as the Clocktower a few times…yeah, it’s THAT rough on the Very Hard difficulty…almost a different game. There’s been a few occasions where I died on the first stage. The bizarre thing is that it rarely feels unfair though…there have been those few rare occasions where it did indeed seem like the game was bullshitting me though.

Elite enemies— on Very Hard mode, just don’t even try it. Some of them are borderline IMPOSSIBLE for real, man. I’ve seen some that have magic crystal orb things that generate an INVINCIBLE forcefield on them…so you’d have to destroy the crystals to even begin damaging that bitch…well too bad you’re also having to dodge the tons of crazy attacks he can do AND the other regular enemies in the area AND the smaller enemies he also spawns around him…AND even if you destroy the crystals he just quickly respawns the shit like “haha too late–I’m INVINCIBLE AGAIN, LOL.” …and with some weapon/gear setups you’re at such a severe disadvantage against things like this it might actually be a completely unbeatable enemy for real, and you’d have to run past and HOPE he doesn’t follow you for the rest of the level (usually the elites will follow you for a bit.)

At this point I might knock it back down to just “Hard” difficulty so I can actually experience what it’s like to have a good run in the game again and getting far or even beating the whole damn thing. If they keep track of such stats it is probably something crazy like only 1 or 2% of people that play this game have even come close to beating Very Hard difficulty as it is right now.

****now---this will sound crazy--->I hope they DON'T tone this shit down, actually... elite enemies especially.  I actually find it more interesting that there are some enemies in a game's world that might truly be borderline impossible to defeat.....enemies that are to be feared...maybe you see them out in the world and know ---"oh...yeah I'm not fuckin with THAT....not today, man..."  ..and unlike most games with some measure of real difficulty... they managed to do this without making it seem unfair....at least most of the time, heh.

finally, Earth Defense Force has recaptured my interest...I like what I see here....and they finally bumped up the graphics a bit! It still isn't jaw-dropper visuals but at least it no longer looks like something from the PS2 era...

10 years later...a look back at the greatness of Prototype:

Edited by MillionX

This dude gives some great commentary on games...and I found this one he did for Darksiders 2... this particular point he raises is something I just couldn't get over with this damn franchise, man...

though he is mostly praising the game's design, the shit was annoying to me from day one...you have to do all this shit, jump through so many hoops just to get places that an ordinary human could simply climb to or hop over.  There's numerous occasions like this where I was thinking---"why the hell can't Death just jump over that?  Or y'know...FLY, phase through it, break the wall, teleport, etc. etc." since he happens to be a supernatural being.

I'll put it this way---imagine if someone made a game with...let's say Superman as the main character.  He gets to an area where there's a 4-foot brick wall blocking the way, and a locked wooden door on the other side of that.  Superman needs to get over there.  Well, looks like he'll have to go meet up with Lucious Fox and Batman to have them design a body-displacement device so he can astral project himself across the street in the other direction where you get the keys to that door.  Then you have to stand on a certain spot to make a giant boulder fall on another floor button which raises a secret entrance to a room where you push a lever, which moves the bricks.  Now you have the key and you have moved the bricks so you can get through that aforementioned door....you're Superman and you have to do all this shit.  GET the fuck out of here with that silly horseshit.  It amazes me that I seem to be one of the only people annoyed by this nonsense.

ah, I see that someone else out there asked the question I was thinking of... yes, Warhammer Chaosbane will indeed be playable offline, unlike that other one that was released more recently.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Chaosbane/comments/9foucc/offline_play_and_mod_support/

Crackdown 3 is on sale for 30 bucks now ---from what I've seen of this game that should just be the normal price, really....the game looks like they could've just called it "Crackdown HD Remake"....but actually---in the user reviews I was checking just now----they actually downgraded it from 4-player co-op to just 2?!  😄 I don't recall if the first one had 4 players but I remember for sure that part 2 had that.....that's sad when a new game in a series actually goes *backwards* in some way.

Edited by MillionX

Vampyr - so awesome, returning to this one... I checked up on a person I turned earlier to see how this one is adjusting to life as a "newborn" vamp.  There's another character towards the end of the game you can turn out of spite too...it's quite satisfying.  There is another one "progeny" out there too, though unfortunately I don't think I can check up on him...that one was at the behest of the Ascalon Club (kind of a fraternal order/clique of elite vampires).

One thing I would've liked a bit more is if you had the freedom to just turn anyone, or at least most people you meet...eventually becoming the "sire" of a whole legion of new vampires....a clan.  In a sequel, I'd definitely write in all these newborns to show up with Jonathan again as allies....just off the top of my head I'd do the different timeline thing for sure---say we're now following the adventures of Jonathan in 1940s or 1950s America, and of course Jonathan and his progeny naturally still look the same as they did back in 1918 from part 1....but now they'd function as much more experienced, more powerful vamps.  I can't get enough of this.

Edited by MillionX

More amusing Anthem shit----soooo....BioWare has posted some job openings apparently.....ahahahaha seems kinda late for that, bruh 🤣

By this time next year, I'd bet this game won't even exist anymore.

*ah....another random, quick insight on things with this game... they don't even have masterwork or legendary versions of certain items (support gear), folks.  Yeah, the loot pool is indeed *that* goddamn small and disappointing.  Imagine that in any other loot-centric game...like if Diablo 3 had legendary items for most things....EXCEPT boots...you could only get blue boots...not even rare...just blue-tier boots. 😆 Y'know, at a certain point you start to wonder not just if they ever made something like this before.... I wonder if these people have even **played** a loot-focused game before.  

This seems like the kind of results if someone like my Dad randomly decided to make a looter shooter one day (and purposely avoided doing any kind of research on other similar games in the genre).... my Dad being a person who has not played any video games in the past 25 years. (last thing he played was a basketball game on the Saturn)...it is out of touch to the point of being comical.

Skyrim...

Well, this is a bit of a disappointing thing I just found out... randomly browsing a forum for it... turns out they removed the random vampire attacks in towns.  Apparently I was probably the only person that found that idea funny and awesome (coming back to a certain town to find out that character you were coming to see is dead because vampires showed up yesterday 😄) ....most of the Skyrim fanbase seemed to always bitch about that, and downloaded a "vampires suck" mod usually to "fix" it.

hahaha the stage builder in Smash Bros. Ultimate, man.... first thing I made of course was "The Bowl."---- a giant toilet bowl with a huge shit-pile in the middle.  I look forward to seeing just how disgusting I can get with this.  I've already heard talk of a "Climax Sex Stage" that someone actually posted...sadly it's probably been taken down by now I'm sure.  Ohhhhh this mode they added should be non-stop good times.  I was at work while finishing off my designs for "The Bowl" stage; it was tough to hold in my laughs and still be all professional and shit there.

yeah on another quick note though--- Katana Zero = highly recommended for any 2d action fan.  I love everything about it so far....first thing I did when getting home today was to buy it and start the download.

haha back to stage-builder silliness though... check this guy's antics out:

Edited by MillionX

The Ongoing Slow-motion Hindenburg Crash that is Anthem continues...

...so the "Featured" store updated again, and OH HOW SURPRISING, once again there's content they've already posted before.  This is a non-stop comedy show, folks.  There's only 2 people on my friend-list (out of the group that played) that still play it... one guy actually hit "Legendary" status with his Storm now.  Really, I've never seen anything quite like this in the industry before... a game that's supposedly in the "looter shooter" genre...where loot is important.....and it hardly has any loot.  How does one also introduce a new special loot chest ("Elysian") that has literally NOTHING desirable in it?  

For the uninitiated---Imagine if Diablo 3, Path of Exile or whatever other loot-centric games had a new special mode you could run with this big golden treasure box at the end....but the only thing in there are white items and small amounts of gold (gold quickly becomes irrelevant in D3; my character on XB1 currently has 2.6 billion or so)...and thus...NOBODY cares about that damn chest as a result. 😆 I still have 1 Elysian key from weeks ago now...because I don't care to ever use it.  There is no incentive to care about that chest because it literally has nothing that is of any value.  People would have liked customization pieces (armor packs) to be in there but they (probably the suits in charge) chose to NOT put those in there.

It's like an incredible practical joke here....like if it was truly intentional, it would go down as possibly the greatest troll of a game in history.

*I want to get back to designing nasty stages in Smash Ultimate but Katana Zero is too good to put down at the moment...

I always enjoy hearing this guy rip into something, and Anthem is such an easy target...here's a new vid he posted on the latest going on with it:

Edited by MillionX

I've been playing a couple of old games on Switch. 

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - I can't believe I've ignored this series for as long as I have. I've looked at it before and thought I would enjoy it as it's basically a mix of Zelda and Prince of Persia (also reminds me of Legacy of Kain fairy often) but I never knew I would get into it as much as I am right now. I seriously like this game and the Switch port seems pretty solid. 

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD - I played this game 3 or 4 times back on the PS2. I picked up the PS3 HD release but sadly never got around to touching it. The Switch version caught my attention, however. Being able to play this hybrid was too tempting. There's also the fact that I love the Pro Controller. Going from the PS2 version to this is a shocking difference. From what I've seen, it looks pretty much identical to the PS4 version. It's a shame they didn't make use of the HD rumble or add anything other than touchscreen healing between battles, but it's fine. 

Edited by Zero

Ok yeah---Cuphead on Switch, man... visually, this looks PERFECT, man...holy shit....I'm not noticing any visual differences from the Xb1 version; the only thing is the loading already pointed out earlier, and that seems to only be noticeably long at the start of the game before the tutorial part.  It's also much quicker once a stage has started and you're reloading to start over after the (**inevitable**, haha...game is hard as hell) deaths.   The temptation to just play this at my desk all day at work was STRONG.

So far I've made it past that first flying stage where you fight the strange woman that transforms into things (*ah--Hilda Berg is her name).  The art design in this game is truly on another level... I can't say enough good things about it...they perfectly nailed that "1930s cartoon" look in every possible regard, from the way the characters move, to their reactions, the animations on everything, the colors, the "old film" look to it, the sounds and the way the characters speak, etc.  I remember someone in a review or youtube vid said it best----It's like if video games existed back then, this is exactly how they would look, sound and animate.

10 hours ago, Zero said:

I've been playing a couple of old games on Switch. 

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - I can't believe I've ignored this series for as long as I have. I've looked at it before and thought I would enjoy it as it's basically a mix of Zelda and Prince of Persia (also reminds me of Legacy of Kain fairy often) but I never knew I would get into it as much as I am right now. I seriously like this game and the Switch port seems pretty solid. 

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD - I played this game 3 or 4 times back on the PS2. I picked up the PS3 HD release but sadly never got around to touching it. The Switch version caught my attention, however. Being able to play this hybrid was too tempting. There's also the fact that I love the Pro Controller. Going from the PS2 version to this is a shocking difference. From what I've seen, it looks pretty much identical to the PS4 version. It's a shame they didn't make use of the HD rumble or add anything other than touchscreen healing between battles, but it's fine. 

Darksiders is quite good.  I remember having a lot of fun with that when it first came out.

FFX/FFX-2...meh.  They're good games but def not my favorites.

I completed Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise PS4 campaign yesterday.
It was roughly 18.5 hours with a handful of substories.

I am a relatively newbie to FOTNS and Yakuza, but since I liked Yakuza 0/Kiwami1/2 , I was excited to try it. I have seen the 152 episode 1984  FOTNS anime series,but no other media/games.

Pros:

The graphics and character designs are faithful to the anime/manga designs from what I could tell. The original characters like Xsana/Jagre/Lyra/Targa/KyoOh fit in well.

The music is decent especially the Receive You song.

There is a lot of  fun side content and mini games like Yakuza. I liked the baseball games, dr rhythm, and Bartending games. The substories are 50/50. (I think Yakuza does them better)

The final battle and the big twist in the last chapter

The Jagi/Devil rebirth/ boss battles

The Yakuza Jpn voice actors being used for certain characters was very fitting.
especially the following:

Kiryuuuu-chan as Kenshiro
Majima as Jagi
Ryuji Goda as Raoh
I only listened briefly to English actors during one or two gameplay youtube vids, but the Kenshiro actor was decent.

Cons:  

About 1/3 of the story stuff feels unnecessary padding to get it to a Yakuza length campaign.   I know there is the usual "get dog food, then give to this person" stuff.But some of it was a bit much.
Ex: Rei and Ken are investigating Jagi
Rei: Lets talk to the bartender. (After) Go take a nap and then talk to Jagre. Ok Take another nap and then talk to Xsana.  Is Rei hypothyroid?  Fist of the North Slumber lol

The progression seems to be artificially held back compared to Yakuza. Usually in Yakuza, every few chapters, I can upgrade a few "areas" and I understand that not everything can be maxed out in 1 playthrough of the campaign especially with minimal progress in substories/minigames.  However, FOTNS seems to be stingy with unlocking and requirements. 

While this is an original story, I feel some characters have very little impact especially Shin, Toki, and Rei. Shin being the intro/tutorial boss seems a bit minimal considering he was the guy who gave Kenshiro the seven scars. Why not Daboog err Heart?

My biggest problem is the fighting . Its not bad, but the heat actions seem to get boring after seeing only 8-9 being done. The burst mode in this doesnt seem as "helpful" as Kiryu climax Heat or aura based heat moves.  Like Kiwami 1, you seem to get knocked down frequently and it takes a while to get back up. The variety in heat movies is arguably my favorite part of Yakuza games. Doing them barehanded, doing them with weapons, doing them against various settings (against a car, a wall, with the help of a citizen etc)  Kenshiro being all powerful means he doesnt really need a potted plant or bicycle to own guys, but it makes Yakuza funny and fun.
I also wish there were more crowd control moves available.

Overall:  It's just ok.   7/10.

it's too damn good... I'm back and forth between the Switch and XB1 versions of Cuphead at this point...obsessed.  

I beat that Bluto-looking pirate; I think the name is Captain Brineybeard... this is another one that was surprisingly not that tough.  The main problems in the fight with him is the damn boat cannonball spit attack, and the occasional shark he calls to get you from the left side of the screen.  

The dash continues to be probably the most valuable item, I think...you absolutely need that brief moment of invincibility to get out of bad situations... currently I have that, the Lobber and the green homing shot as my usual setup.

A look back on one particular bit of greatness from the previous era:

sheeeeeit, it was some of THE best co-op gaming action I've ever had the pleasure of playing, man...soooo good.  We never beat either game on "Realism" though, sadly.

the music was great too... I still have many of the tracks on my ipod in regular rotation to this day.... the game had so many great moments, there's certain things I remember just by hearing those tracks again...like that one time when I was the last one out making my escape...my character limping along the long walk towards the boat... on literally 1 hp.

and of course the downward spiral continues....hahaha you already know what I'm talking about...here we go 😄 🍿 

I actually do like this game but I also love watching a good train-wreck in progress.  It's almost like they were determined to steal Fall Out 76's thunder by becoming the biggest joke in the industry. (*I'm sure Bethesda would like to personally thank BioWare at this point for stealing that "honor")