Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Just in case you already don't know, don't buy the Playstation Classic

Pffft I have 2 modded PS2s and a modded PS1, all in fine condition.  Mini consoles are for casuals. 😏

In other news I just bought this bad boy:

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/collections/all/products/neogeo-a-visual-history?variant=1878063743000

NG_cover_9e67928f-1507-4f99-af54-9d07547

I remember watching the GB quick look/unfinished for Sundered what now seems like forever ago. The art in that game is fucking-a-mazing.

In an effort to stay current with the bleeding edge of gaming trends, I am just now playing through Nier: Automata. Finished route A so far. The combat is a bit mushier than I would like but the story and world building are pretty solid so far.

41 minutes ago, Angel said:

Sundered is probably not for everyone lol

Game is hard, like oppressively hard.   They had to keep adding stuff to it to make it easier XD

I love it though, one of my favs along with Risk of Rain and Wizard of Legend

Hell yeah, difficult games are my jam. That may have bumped it up a few spots. 🙂 

X-Morph is on Switch soon.... I absolutely will buy it again on there:

ha, it's an awesome thing how not that long ago... I kept wondering --"mannnnn  _____ would be so awesome to have portable on Switch.." and SEVERAL games I thought of this way....eventually it became a reality.

Bayonetta 1 and 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Hyrule Warriors[already on 3ds but fuck that ancient ass system], Broforce, Pokken, and Vampyr... yes Vampyr is headed to this system as well apparently.

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 weeks later...

a new Code Vein reveal will be soon...

https://twinfinite.net/2018/12/code-vein-reveal/ 

"IP Executive Producer Yusuke Tomizawa mentioned that the team is working to push a new reveal as soon as possible.

Producer Keita Iizuka mentioned that his primary goal for 2019 is to deliver Code Vein in everyone’s hands. While the team has kept fans waiting after the delay, he’d like to resume worldwide promotional activities, while also preparing for the next project. He concludes by mentioning that development is progressing steadily towards that restart." (towards that restart?)

---

It's unfortunate that the release date for this is now just "sometime in 2019".

Managed to get back to my Xbox One for the first thing that has gotten me excited to fire it up in forever: the DMC5 demo.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that is cool. If the full game ends up this extrapolated out it is going to be an awesome return to form for the series. I never thought anything would top DMC3 but this seems like it has a legit shot.

Back to counting the days until 3/8/19.

21 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Managed to get back to my Xbox One for the first thing that has gotten me excited to fire it up in forever: the DMC5 demo.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that is cool. If the full game ends up this extrapolated out it is going to be an awesome return to form for the series. I never thought anything would top DMC3 but this seems like it has a legit shot.

Back to counting the days until 3/8/19.

Upgrade that  baby to a One X.  Definitely worth it.

One of the greatest train-wrecks in gaming history continues... this is non-stop entertainment, folks 🤣:

the only truly unfortunate thing for me is that it's becoming more clear each day that I should indeed finally give up on Elder Scrolls.  There is no promising future for it as long as this company has the IP. 😔  At least now there's been other games letting me play out my "vampire badass" fantasies... now there's some legitimate alternative options out there, finally (Vampyr, and Code Vein *sometime* in 2019)

Edited by MillionX

sheeeeit, I made another mii by the name of "Turdenberg"... basically thinking of a Jewish "dookieman" character...yeahhhhh baby that shit is going into the roster for Smash.  

I'm still in Smash's Adventure Mode, in the dark world at this point...now in the area with all the owl statues.  There's actually a slight puzzle element to figure out there...I got one of theme easy enough but looked up the other one on youtube....haha I'm not playing this game to spend even 6 seconds figuring some overworld map shit out; I'm just here to have fun beating the shit out of these characters and collecting my spirits and whatever else, man.

Hive Jump is out already... this definitely caught my attention:

On 1/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, DangerousJ said:

This one's for you, Million...

Jump Force Custom Character feature /trailer

Affinity would be proud.

I grabbed Tales of Vesperia on the switch.   Had to put it on english so I can hear my girl Rita signature "Blah Blah Blah"  XD   

Like the new animation that Ufotable added. 

Diablo 3 Season 16 should be live now… now I just have to decide which class since it appears you only get the seasonal set rewards once per season…

• Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
  • Crusader – Seeker of the Light
  • Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
  • Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
  • Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
  • Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

A shame with Witch Doc… I was thinking it would be the Jade set… Arachyr set has never even slightly interested me, so fuck that. I’m leaning towards Monk then since Uliana’s set is a cool one… but Wizard with Vyr’s set is always tempting since it’s one of my favorite classes anyway.

sheeeeit, Diablo 3 season 16 is on and poppin'...I settled on making a Monk as my main character here... named him "MANOS" (the...Hands of Fate)... only level 15 at the moment.... on Switch.  I'll play it on XB1 as well and make a Necro on that.

Saving the Challenge Rift until the season start was definitely a good choice (it's a Sunwoku Monk build this week)... the reward for beating that is huge for a fresh character... I got 4 million gold and various other things... more than enough to upgrade my stash tab multiple times and fully upgrade the blacksmith, jeweler and mystic vendors.  The adventures of the mysterious warrior known only as "MANOS" have only just begun...

On 1/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Angel said:

Damn this is kinda disconcerting with Troy Baker doing some lines for Yuri and whoever the other guy doing the added dialog.....

Does that mean I was right in thinking some of Yuri's lines in the Definitive Editiin are new and not Troy Baker? 'Cause I've had that feeling a couple times so far.

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I haven't really noticed much of a difference. The only reason I'm even listening so closely is because I was told that Troy Baker wasn't asked back for the new lines.

I noticed it sounded different when I got to the Zaphias sewers but I wasn't positive.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I noticed it sounded different when I got to the Zaphias sewers but I wasn't positive.

In all fairness, eventhough I still have my 360 copy, I probably haven't played Vesperia in close to a decade before this. I'm actually surprised at how well Patty fits into the game. I figured she'd seem wedged in.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:58 PM, MillionX said:

sheeeeeeit, it brings back memories to see this old hype shit again and with the main man Yipes on commentary of course.... "aint nobody to dryyyy your eyes.... drive me crazyyyy.."

I posted about this while it was going on. I was needling @misterBee because we crowdfunded a larger prize pool than the Tekken World Tour champion received. 🤣

hahahah, the gift that keeps on giving once again...

🤣 It is still astounding to me that there's 2 or 3 people on my Live friend-list that actually bought Fallout 76... nothing about that game at any point seemed like a good idea....nothing...I've never seen even 1 appealing thing about that shit 😆

*there's at least 1 dude that might try to sell me on it so he'll have someone to play with in that game....ohhhhh that's going to be quite hilarious if that happens....'cause there's no way I'd spend even 1 cent for that trash...not even in the "so awful it's funny" way.  I wouldn't even play it if someone gave me the game for free.

Edited by MillionX

Hell yeah to JIREN being in there finally...

Videl though?  yeahhh fuck that.  Videl was a fine piece of eye-candy in the show but this is a waste of a slot in the game, imo.

Anthem's demo is available for everyone now, at least on XB1...some nitpicks:

• * I still don't like that this is online-only.  Fuck that.
  • * I assume this is different in the real game but in demo you start as Ranger class; I'd rather have had my pick of any of the classes right away.
  • * It would've been nice if Ultimate moves were more flashy... I like stuff in games to be as flashy and stylish as possible, man.

Switch firmware update....annnd the only things of note are a few new player icons and 3 new system languages

Anthem microtransactions. (oh what a surprise😆)---apparently all of the items are cosmetic and still obtainable with in-game currency... see that's the thing; as long as you can get stuff with an in-game currency by just playing normally, I don't really see the problem (unless it's clearly balanced in a way where the in-game cashflow is terribly slow---i.e.---launch-era Diablo 3, which was obviously designed around the dumbass "action house" nonsense)

Dragon Marked for Death is out today, in digital form... it's going to be tough resisting temptation (*because if I wait 'til March... the physical version is out then)

And now the daily dose of Bethesda's hilarious downward spiral, with Yong Yeah reporting...this time... the latest patch actually rolled it back to a previous version! 🤣 (cue the goofy sitcom theme music😞

Edited by MillionX