Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

^haha, I happen to be watching yet another long vid from one of the "detractors" now actually (Golden Triangle Gaming)  Latest thing is that he's claiming an "anonymous donor" did a large donation that just happens to be exactly enough money for him to get a certain 4K television....oh and he has a PS4Pro as of recently.... but he still needs help from his fans though, of course ...the guy that lives in a large house in a gated community, who also makes payments still in some stupid condo on the other side of the country.... who also had a new BMW and now supposedly some other new car....along with 2 internet plans one of which is "business class"....he still needs help and is just barely scraping by, obviously.🤣

*Good thing I waited a bit on this---Hollow Knight on Switch is 34% or so off right NOW until Aug. 27.... hell yeah I jumped on that immediately... it's only 9.90 or so... reduced further since I had some golden coins/points that knocked another 90 cents or so off.

holy shit, man... JUMP FORCE.  Towards the end of this vid, the guy mentions that you can make your own character as well!!  Yeahhhhh this is shaping up to be my ultimate anime dream game then.  All these characters from different stories being playable.... including our Lord and Savior Aizen Sosuke....AND you can make your own character.  

On 8/23/2018 at 1:44 PM, misterBee said:

I liked DmC.  It had a simpler fighting system and some silly character designs but I liked it better than all the older DMC games, which haven't aged as great and suffer from serious nostalgia shielding.

Fight me.

I don't actually hate DmC. I think there are some parts of it they could have handled better but I didn't hate it as much as the DMC faithful.

For me I like the way classic DMC games play more. But I also don't think they needed to kill DmC. There are a lot of people that enjoyed that game in general when it comes up (old school DMC fans don't but I don't think that game was made for them anyways).

In a perfect world I'd like to see DMC5 and DmC2. Why not right? Other than it's Capcom of course. 😉

sheeeeit, I got back on some Diablo 3 today...finally went through the rest of Act V with my other Necromancer to finish getting the related achievements....strange that I got the achievement for beating Diablo with a blood ability in a random battle with regular enemies...anyway, it's looking like I will truly never get tired of this game....especially now that it will soon be fully portable on Switch (*with Adventure mode immediately available, btw).  I changed things around on that character, now using the Trag'Ouls set, though I only have 3 pieces of it....and with the combo of the "simulacrum" and skeletal mage abilities working together....the damage was crazy...my summoned mages are often hitting for 1 or 2 **_billion_** points of damage..and I don't even have him fully geared up the way I want just yet.  Rift Guardians show up only to get destroyed in literally 2 seconds.

*sadly, I have a friend that is an alleged fan of this game....yet he STILL hasn't finished story nor is he even close to hitting level 70 for the first time 🙄 

17 hours ago, MillionX said:

holy shit, man... JUMP FORCE.  Towards the end of this vid, the guy mentions that you can make your own character as well!!  Yeahhhhh this is shaping up to be my ultimate anime dream game then.  All these characters from different stories being playable.... including our Lord and Savior Aizen Sosuke....AND you can make your own character.  

Art style is mad ugly though. =/

sheeeit, I went on to get the final 3 achievements in Diablo 3 just now... the "Self Controlled" is the trickiest one....(killing your shadow clone with your simulacrum clone)...because the simulacrum clone seems kinda weak, and thorns damage can mess it up since the killing blow has to be from your simulacrum...presumably the melee as opposed to it casting a spell(?)...took several tries to get that.  Then there was the "Game of Bones" which I thought was just bugged...but I got that on the 2nd attempt today... so my D3 file is back to being "completed" once again....yeah it does slightly irk that OCD side when you already have all achievements then some new content adds more so it's no longer "100%"

heh, total time played = 773 hours, 57 minutes... and that's just this version of D3. 

Edited by MillionX

More D3 on Switch.... sheeeeeit, look how smooth it is... this is direct feed footage for a change:

(**warning--plenty of Barbarian's cheap ass "RAWR." yelling in this vid... I always hated how bootleg that shit sounds...like really, guys...  you couldn't have bothered to record a better-sounding character scream?  That shit has been terrible since day 1 of the game's existence.)

Edited by MillionX
On 9/1/2018 at 8:54 AM, MillionX said:

More D3 on Switch.... sheeeeeit, look how smooth it is... this is direct feed footage for a change:

(**warning--plenty of Barbarian's cheap ass "RAWR." yelling in this vid... I always hated how bootleg that shit sounds...like really, guys...  you couldn't have bothered to record a better-sounding character scream?  That shit has been terrible since day 1 of the game's existence.)

I'd be worried if it wasn't running smooth.  Game is 6 years old already!

sheeeeit, Burt Reynolds passed, and 1 thing they probably won’t mention in all the media coverage is that he was in a video game, actually— it’s a bit of a spoiler though but the guy showed up in Saint’s Row 3, not even as a character but as himself 😄 He was the mayor of Stillwater. That moment was one of many reasons why the SR franchise is one of the funniest gaming experiences of all time, at least for me. The big office chair swivels around…and the Mayor is “BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS?!” as your character yells out, having a total fanboy moment, and he says something like “Yeah someone had to run this crazy town.” It’s great, man.

On another note I just got BROFORCE on Switch a little while ago…will be digging into that later today on the morning break or lunch time.

Edited by MillionX

ahahaha.... marriage proposal is in Spider-man... and it didn't end well... [relationship ended before the game came out] 🤣 I'll admit that's a twisted, sick side of my personality there... finding amusement and general entertainment value whenever a "loving" relationship comes crashing down in spectacular fashion...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/10/marvels-spider-man-insomniac-offers-to-remove-the-worlds-saddest-easter-egg

I'm still at it with BRO-FORCE on Switch... played quite a bit today on lunch and breaktimes, and just at my desk after work was over (*sometimes I wait for a while to avoid the hellish afternoon rush hour traffic.)

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, misterBee said:

YOU SHOULD BE GETTING HYPE EVERY YEAR!

I'M  A TRUE COD FAN.

well...I have given each one a chance and only CoD Ghosts (which I gave up after 2 months) and Infinite Warfare (I gave up after one month) were ass. I played WWII but got much better after April. BO4 was hyped when I saw it unveiled in May but I hope they add into the MP a bigger game mode again (Ground War please!) Blackout was the surprise and in a great way! It caters to my style of planning, survival and strategic fighting. 

Ok Warhammer: Chaosbane.... god fuckin damn man I am not sure why this little piece of info is so tough to find... all I'm wanting to know is whether or not this shit requires an internet connection like so many other dumbass games these days.... I would assume it doesn't but all bets are off at this point as this industry foolishly heads into that direction, with a surprising # of gamers actually being fine with that horseshit.  Warhammer Inquisitor had my attention, and was looking quite nice....until I found out that it requires a connection at all times....yes, even when you're playing single player shit.🙄  It immediately killed my interest in that.... I suppose I'll find out eventually.

Imagine the world in the near future... where you start up something like... a new Devil May Cry.... just some single player stylish action fun... but oh no you CAN'T PLAY because the internet is wonky today...or the company's servers are down for maintenance...or that company went out of business so they turned it OFF which means you can't play it anymore, ever.  THAT is the future this moronic industry seems to want, and fuck that.  I'd rather it all burn to the ground than go that route.  I get irritated the more I think about that.

I've been keeping tabs on this little game "Carrion"...just checked the twitter and found an interview they did recently:

Ok today's "Daily Challenge" in **Dead Cells** is literally impossible.  I seriously doubt anyone can beat this shit.

You start off with of course...nothing...just a choice of a shitty blood sword that makes you take double damage.... or a spear, which is actually a good, fast weapon that also launches a bomb.  

You drop down into an area where there's at least 5 or 6 of those wizard guys that shoot glowing magical projectiles every second....they're all grouped in 1 spot.  This actually wouldn't be so bad except there's also a huge golem-looking dude in the mix too.  Golem Guy:

• * Has a dashing punch.
  • * Some weird attack where he slams the ground which makes blocks come up...seemingly ALL the ground hurts you when he does this.  You WILL take damage unless you happened to be jumping.
  • * If you manage to run past all this nonsense, Golem Guy also has shoots out some magical lightning bolt that seeks you out instantly...and teleports you back to him.  Yeah, you're snatched right back into the shit like he was Scorpion saying "get over here".  It doesn't seem like this is avoidable at all.
  • * Keep in mind the wizard guys are launching those shots every second at ya.
  • * Also--- there's the green bugs that fly around and explode when they get close to you....for huge damage.  Also.... since daily challenge is like you starting fresh on another run---your HP is shit low...just a couple of hits and you're done.

Ohoooooo and I almost forgot to mention that there's one of those generator devices in this starting area that provides shields of perfect invincibility to the enemies! so yeah...sometimes you can't even damage any of these guys 🤣 BRUH. (and of course it's located BEHIND this initial pack.)

NO WAY someone beats this....absolutely no way.  I have not seen anything else in the game that is on par with this craziness.

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 weeks later...

BRUH.  Vampyr headed to Switch.  Just the other day I was wondering about how great it would be if that would be on there as well....this system is a dream, man.... every time I think of "it would be cool if ____ was on there too..." *BAM* the shit becomes a reality at some point...it's crazy.

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/vampyr-coming-to-switch  

I'm keeping my expectations realistic though... sadly I would have to pass on it if Switch doesn't run it well enough....taking a "wait and see" approach here before I double-dip.  Sheeeeit....PORTABLE vampire action though?!  Ohhhh I want this to be good...  I was already set to get it on PS4 as well whenever I got that system,...and likely the PC version as well later.... simply because I love the game and what it represents that much.

Well, here's some glowing commentary about the Switch port of D3... he and some others are saying they've definitely pulled it off...and it looks good in the footage from what I see..... I'm definitely getting it...  looking forward to killing thousands of monsters with my new batch of soon to be godlike characters....

Ok it looks like I'm at the end of the road for Guacamelee.  The apparent final area of the game has a truly ridiculous spike in difficulty, man.  It's like I'm playing a totally different game at this point...that's how off it is with the rest of the game.  It's not even the combination of enemies... it's the platforming, basically... I've hit one area that looks flat out _unreasonable_, man.  Basically, if you aren't absolutely, 100% PERFECT on every possible jump and movement you're fucked over forever.

...it looks like I have to do the "Superman flight" jump off the wall move, but then jump at a precise point in the air while changing dimensions so that a blue portal turns orange, jump in there, then immediately change the dimensions again upon exiting the other portal then jump again (and if you jumped earlier or wasted the "Rooster Uppercut" during this process you already wasted the 2nd jump and/or your R. Uppercut so yep you're screwed)....SOMEWHERE, I don't even know, man...and this is so fast you can't even see the shit until you're already falling into the bottomless pit here.  Well, this was an awesome, fun game until this last area.  Until I look up a vid in a few minutes this doesn't even seem like it's possible, actually.... I don't even see anywhere else to jump after the last step I mentioned.

aha! I see…I noticed from a vid someone made of another area that you can keep “Superman flying” out of a portal… I didn’t know it worked like that… so I just made it past that area, surprisingly… basically:

• slide down the little wall so you are low enough to be lined up with the portal at the other wall…
  • Supafly off the wall, takes you to the other little portal…
  • BUT you have to keep doing the dimension switching thing so certain walls disappear…AND so the portal turns orange
  • You exit from a portal up by the ceiling but still flying left then keep switching dimensions so you don’t hit the walls…
  • …while remembering that you need to quickly do the dash punch on the blue blocks at the end of the room…that’s a lot of steps there but I made it…annnnd I seriously doubt I could successfully do it on repeated occasions, really.
Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Imma wait for Black Friday to scoop up Diablo. Some of these Switch Ports shows the console while not the most powerful can still handle things decently. I'm still looking to get Wolfenstein and the future games Bethesda will put on it. 

To Nintendo's credit, unlike with the Wii U, they made a concerted effort to have detailed documentation and they had Nvidia develop a custom API to reduce overhead.

Oh yeah it's awesome.  I got Diablo 3 yesterday on my lunchbreak....started up my new wizard right there in the parking lot of the store I just got it from, simply because I could....a moment proving why portable gaming is awesome.  Later on my afternoon break (which is tragically only 15 minutes) I got up to about level 7 or 8 already...cool thing about the Switch port is that Adventure mode is immediately available so I went straight to a Rift in there to start leveling asap.  The adventures of a new mysterious wizard by the name "Stefano" have begun....

ohooooo that reaction, man 🤣  regarding the Diablo mobile game----"is this an out-of-season April Fools' joke?"

and yeah fukk that game.  It's a one-two punch of garbage, imo..

1. Phone/Tablet only...I doubt it will be ported to anything

2. It's an MMO as well, and I usually hate that entire genre for a couple of reasons (*tons of other players on your screen + those games REQUIRE the internet connection.... yep D3 on PC required a connection as well and I hated that about it....good thing the console versions FIXED that nonsense.  I don't need to ever be online to play MY copy of D3 on any of the consoles it was released for, unless you're talking about "Seasons" which is 1 particular mode I don't even give a shit about.)

Woooo we have quite the Hindenberg crash in progress here... check out that juicy like/dislike ratio on the official trailer vid

annnnd of course Yong has a vid on it....heh, seems like he's always on with a Special Report when there is a spectacular trainwreck going on in the industry, hahahah (and I don't blame him---- * insert MJ popcorn gif *)

Edited by MillionX