Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I really want people to understand that George gives fuck all about canon. He’s always been that way. so maybe sweaty nerds should stop too. 😂

It's a theme park ride and Star Tours was never canon bruv? Pretty sure that's what Lucas meant to say as the ride has Characters from ALL storylines. OG ride had a Death Star and that didn't make sense because it would have been a 3rd one based on timeline? Also  Walkers were in Star Wars Rebels which takes place BETWEEN 3 and 4? 

15 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

It's a theme park ride and Star Tours was never canon bruv? Pretty sure that's what Lucas meant to say as the ride has Characters from ALL storylines. OG ride had a Death Star and that didn't make sense because it would have been a 3rd one based on timeline? Also  Walkers were in Star Wars Rebels which takes place BETWEEN 3 and 4? 

Historically George has never cared about canon, really. He’s been very vocal about such too. He thought most the EU was silly as well. 

he made but doesn’t give a shit about the toys people choose to worship. 

Edited by iStu X
29 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Historically George has never cared about canon, really. He’s been very vocal about such too. He thought most the EU was silly as well. 

To be fair he's contradicted himself over the decades since making the OG 6. George Lucas says a lot of things. I still care about Star Wars and the canon the OG 6 established. 

On 6/20/2024 at 11:29 PM, TheInfernoman said:

To be fair he's contradicted himself over the decades since making the OG 6. George Lucas says a lot of things. I still care about Star Wars and the canon the OG 6 established. 

Lucas cares about Star Wars, if he didn't, Disney wouldn't have to legally obligate him from disparaging them. There is reason is more diplomatic about his criticism now. You don't have to put what amounts to a gag order on someone that doesn't give a shit. In fact, Iger used his care for Star Wars as a way to deceive him in the first place. Iger wrote how he took advantage of George's trust in him to get buy the Lucasfilm in his own memoir. TLDR; You are getting old George, you kids don't care, you know you can trust me, remember how I had your back on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. To write about it himself, which shows he thought didn't do anything wrong, is peak arrogance. Usually this type of revelation comes from an unofficial biography.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 6/20/2024 at 10:45 PM, TheInfernoman said:

To the earlier point in the tweet. . . .

"Who Cares"

-George Lucas

On 6/20/2024 at 10:59 PM, iStu X said:

Exactly this. People cling to the EU so hard but lets not get it twisted. . . this happened . . . 

latest?cb=20150325034357

Mind you I actually read that book (it was decent).  The art certainly isn't a great look for the Selonians. 

There are strokes of genius along with BS scattered throughout the EU. 

13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Lucas cares about Star Wars, if he didn't, Disney wouldn't have to legally obligate him from disparaging them. There is reason is more diplomatic about his criticism now. You don't have to put what amounts to a gag order on someone that doesn't give a shit. In fact, Iger used his care for Star Wars as a way to deceive him in the first place. Iger wrote how he took advantage of George's trust in him to get buy the Lucasfilm in his own memoir. TLDR; You are getting old George, you kids don't care, you know you can trust me, remember how I had your back on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. To write about it himself, which shows he thought didn't do anything wrong, is peak arrogance. Usually this type of revelation comes from an unofficial biography.

The fans are the ones who pushed him over the line to sell it. It's amazing how the same people who participated in "The People vs. George Lucas are now planning a "funeral" for the franchise due to Disney. 

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Exactly this. People cling to the EU so hard but lets not get it twisted. . . this happened . . . 

The power creep in some of those books and comics were beyond ridiculous. Some of the force abilities that were in the EU would make omega mutants blush. 

On 6/20/2024 at 10:29 PM, TheInfernoman said:

To be fair he's contradicted himself over the decades since making the OG 6. 

Yeah man. Opinions change over time. Wild how that works. He’s praised something and doubled back saying it sucks tons of times and vice versa. He thought Luke marrying Mara Jade was one of the dumbest fucking things ever written but he eventually came around to it. Or at least to not being so publicly  negative about it. 

It still really boils down to whenever he’s asked about canon he doesn’t really care about anything outside of his original vision he created. All the stuff that happened in-between or behind the scenes of those stories he gives fuck all about. 

Edited by iStu X

m not mad at getting new Star Wars stuff, I'm mad that much of it is poorly written or just created by people who will tell me not so care so much about the details and that feels wrong. 

Maybe this is why I can love something like One Piece more as an example because there's still passion. There's an appreciation for detail. 

I still will support good and call out the bad. 🙂

It's just weird to me that everyones acting like their childhoods been murdered when the majority of Star Wars is ok at best. Like you wax about passion but there's ass loads of bad books and comic books and extended lore, the PT isn't that that good, the OT was more pulling off the spectacle then ground breaking writing. What passion was being exersized when  The Xmas Special was made or the Ewoks movies? For every good Star Wars storie there are 10 everyone forgot because they really weren't that good. 

Like Star Wars has always been about money and and selling toys, George took the toy licensing in the Fox Deal for a reason. He licenses the universe out for 25 years to basically everyone regardless of the quality they put out and with 0 intention of ever recognizing their work in the canon.he would contradict the EU on whim as it suited him.

Star Wars has always been a product but Star Wars fans seem really surprised they've been sold a product. I really don't get it and I think people tell you guys not to care as much because you care too much about something that wasn't ever as passionately made as it was passionately loved by 10 year old you. 

I think Star Wars fans wear the rosiest glasses and get pissed off everyone else's aren't as stained. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Star Wars has always been a product but Star Wars fans seem really surprised they've been sold a product. I really don't get it and I think people tell you guys not to care as much because you care too much about something that wasn't ever as passionately made as it was passionately loved by 10 year old you. 

I think Star Wars fans wear the rosiest glasses and get pissed off everyone else's aren't as stained. 

Pretty much this. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Could you imagine if stars actually went to war with each other.  It would be madness. 

Imagination isn't required. There are a mulitude of interactions that can happen. Although the two that best fit are stars colliding with one another. If the two stars have a "low speed" collision they will coalesce into a larger brighter star. if the collision is high speed it results in a massive explosion that destroys both stars. Of course there also theories of stars existing within another. Which would envolve a binary pair that sees one star become a Neutron Star and other becoming a Red Giant and aborbing it. The Neutron Star would stll exist inside the Red GIant at it's core and...

piccolo-nerd.gif

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Imagination isn't required. There are a mulitude of interactions that can happen. Although the two that best fit are stars colliding with one another. If the two stars have a "low speed" collision they will coalesce into a larger brighter star. if the collision is high speed it results in a massive explosion that destroys both starts. Of course there also theories of stars existing within another. Which would envolve a binary pair that sees one start become a Neutron Star and other becoming a Red Giant an aborbing it. The Neutron Star would stll exist inside the Red GIant at it's core and...

piccolo-nerd.gif

Yeah but I'm talking about stars with lightsabers and blasters,  driving around in super star destroyers and shit. The sheer scale of it all would be massive.

40 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not a single lightsaber in this show, and it's possibly the best Star Wars entertainment that Disney has put out. I am all for this. 

The Irony is how the best Disney Star Was Shows have little to no space wizards as the focal point 

Mando

Andor

Rogue One

Bad Batch

And yes Grogu is a baby space wizard but he was more of a plot device that used space wizard stuff when convenient. 

On 6/24/2024 at 3:10 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not a single lightsaber in this show, and it's possibly the best Star Wars entertainment that Disney has put out. I am all for this. 

Because it actually has good writing. Good writing will resolve 90% of your issues. Look at House of the Dragon versus Rings of Power. They had the same prelaunch issues and but the former was great success because it was well written. While the latter....👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

The Irony is how the best Disney Star Was Shows have little to no space wizards as the focal point 

I've thought that was true of Star Wars for many years. Some of the best stories have 0 Force users in them at all. Some of the best books are the Rogue Squandron books which are about dudes who fly planes. 

The Jedi are honestly shitters who get their crimes ignored. A show that was honest about the Jedi could actually be good, but a lot of fans would shit their pants over it, and in general Jedi stories are some of the most boring imo. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

A show that was honest about the Jedi could actually be good, but a lot of fans would shit their pants over it, and in general Jedi stories are some of the most boring imo

The thought is that narratives should be escapism instead of peering into more modern themes. The Jedi are purported as infallible but the prequels and sequels to some degree have shown us otherwise. 

15 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The thought is that narratives should be escapism instead of peering into more modern themes. The Jedi are purported as infallible but the prequels and sequels to some degree have shown us otherwise. 

Most if not all Old Republic and High Republic books/comics pretty much cover the rise and fall of the Jedi and how order 66 was inevitable due to their hubris. 

Edited by iStu X