Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Welp, the season ended and was whelming 😅

Under. . . . underwhelming. 

That was the most mediocre shit I have seen. There was ABSOLUTELY no need for that to have been a series. Even if it was a film, NOTHING HAPPENED!

It's pretty clear they recut things for Ray Stevenson's passing. He was the best thing in the show and he is somehow forgotten. 

As it went on felt more like a toy unboxing than a TV series. At this point, the best piece of Disney's run at Star Wars was a show that didn't feature a lightsaber. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

^that seems to sum up the franchise at this point.  Rogue One and some of the first Mandalorian season have been the only things even slightly interesting/good in the current era, imo.  It's a shame how one of the greatest franchises in the history of entertainment has ended up falling off so much.

Ahsoka had all the ingredients of a great Star Wars show. Unfortunately, it was cooked by a chef Gordon Ramsay kicked out of Hell's Kitchen. If you would have told after Mando season 2 that we'd get a live action Star Wars show that featured Ahsoka, Thrawn, Night Sisters, two interesting Dark Jedi, and it would be meh. I would have thought you were crazy. This show was pockets of awesomeness surrounded by utter mediocrity. It unfortunately ended up where I thought it'd be after the first three episodes. I thought they wasted a lot of run time that would be needed near the seasons conclusion. And that's exactly what happened. Instead having more time to flesh out the events of Peridea, the took entirely too long on the setup. They squandered too much time on the appetizer and didn't spend enough on the main course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/21/23971309/dave-filoni-star-wars-chief-creative-officer-lucasfilm-asoka

Let's see where this goes. 

Given the way Ahsoka played out, I hope he remains the binder of canon and lets others work their magic with the script and direction. 

Honestly, this doesn't mean much. At the end of the day, Kennedy is in charge. Lucasfilm has a leadership problem.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:54 PM, TheInfernoman said:

I hope this wasn't a monkey's paw wish...KK may be slowly now get pushed aside but Dave hasn't been perfect in his latest offering so...I don't know what to think about anything. 

Bro, if you read the interview on KK's favorite propaganda  magazine/site to reveal info, Vanity Fair, it is explained that his position is a glorified/in name only thing.

He explains that he is not there to guide with a consolidated vision but to help others bring what they want to do.

Also Sam Witwer outright said that Feloni doesnt care about consistency, since in his view, every story is a tall tale so is ok to have inconsistencies

The problem with his approach is that this is not Warhammer, where the cannon extends thousands of years and is already stablished that different books are in universe propaganda of different factions.

I bet that his promotion is mostly a thing to have an scapegoat for the future, like what happened with Victoria Alonso. 🤣

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

This sounds like a desperation announcement. Something like this should have been saved for Star Wars Celebration. That or a distraction from their recent announcement resulting in more fandom discourse. 

Not mention the image looks like hastily thrown together AI. A few days back they were full bore on the Rey movie. They still have no sort of real plan and are throwing shit against the wall.  Also Mangold's last movie lost Disney upwards of 400 million dollars. His movie isn't happening. It'll drop when the Rian Johnson Trilogy does.

On a lighter note....

GTyL6eP.jpeg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Did you guys like Ahsoka? I haven't watched it yet and I'm wondering if it's worth it, having not watched Clone Wars 

As Infernoman said, you'd need to have seen Clone Wars for context. As for my thoughts? It was mid. It has some really good moments and some really eye rolling ones.  All that said, the strongest performance in the show was Ray Stevenson as Baylan Skoll. He was the best by far and he unfortunately passed away. He should have gotten some sort of award for it. The "Dark Jedi" were the best part of the show in my opinion and Ray Stevenson was the biggest reason for that. RIP.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Did you guys like Ahsoka? I haven't watched it yet and I'm wondering if it's worth it, having not watched Clone Wars 

The series is meh at best. 

Outside some few moments, the series is a waste of time. 

Narratively speaking it was unnecessary. 

I would actually think it ruins one of the characters by how she was characterized. 

Edited by Hecatom
37 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The series is meh at best. 

Outside some few moments, the series is a waste of time. 

Narratively speaking it was unnecessary. 

I would actually think it ruins one of the characters by how she was characterized. 

Well I'm thinking  you are talking about...

Spoiler

Sabine. She literally risks the safety of an entire galaxy, just to see Ezra. She knew he was dead wrong the whole time too. When she meets Ezra, she does everything she can to avoid telling him what she did and how they got to him. I mean he literally did the opposite of her. He sacrificed himself to save the Galaxy from Thrawn only for Sabine to selfishly undo it. That's literally the type of selfishness that lead Anakin to become Darth Vader.