Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

21 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Probably more gameplay, probably one more character reveal to make it an even number. Probably gonna be Kimberly unless Capcom baits and switches on  us.

Before Guile i said Guile, Ken or Cammy, because we seen them already leaked in fome form ingame

Now if we get anything at all and if i want to stick with it, would say Cammy as we already have lot of males revealed

But i seen many people say Kimberly due that screen, so who know

Wonder if we get anything at all, they said they will be quiet for a while

Curious detail that may hint some of the SF6 lore, watching two versions of Shin Shoryuken (Basic and Desperation) make me think Ryu may now be able to control Satsui no Hado and use it, kinda like Goutetsu used to do

Basic have an hint of SnH on the fist (second punch)

Desperation is completely a "Denjin" Shin Shoryuken, with no signs of SnH (yet we see some red ki at begin)

Thing is if it was like in the past when SnH trigger in when Ryu lose his shit for whatever reason, SnH being present in Desperation (Ryu is getting beated up/losing) would have make way more sense... see Jamie, that's a chill dude having fun who suddently on Desperation lose his shit and switch to a more deadly technique (from a big push kick to throat rip)

Ryu does the opposite, when we see SnH on his fist he's still in relatively "relaxed" state,  when he's seriously stressed and even feel the need to attack his opponent with more power, we see no more SnH in his attack, he can suppress it completely despite being in critical situation

Cool detail imho, think we will get some story explanation about it

Imho one of these 2

-Normal version he intentionally trigger a minimal amount of it to pack a bigger punch Goutetsu style, being cool about being able to completely control it

-Normal version he unintentionally let some "slip out", but on Desperation version knowing to being pushed close to dangerous (for others) zone, he put way more effort/concentration to keep gates closed, plus add the "Denjin effect" is stricly tied to Mu no Ken, so have a purify effect that clean out any sign of SnH because you need 100% concentration/pure mind to use it

Edited by CESTUS III
43 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

-Normal version he intentionally trigger a minimal amount of it to pack a bigger punch Goutetsu style, being cool about being able to completely control it

-Normal version he unintentionally let some "slip out", but on Desperation version knowing to being pushed close to dangerous (for others) zone, he put way more effort/concentration to keep gates closed, plus add the "Denjin effect" is stricly tied to Mu no Ken, so have a purify effect that clean out any sign of SnH because you need 100% concentration/pure mind to use it

The first makes no sense lore-wise. You can't only slightly want to win at any cost and destroy your opponent. It's an all or nothing sort of thing. SnH isn't some kind of...power. It's a chi cultivation technique. It's a lens chi moves through.

Also the Shin Shoryuken is not supposed to be tied to SnH at all. The Metsu Shoryuken draws on SnH. By design the Shin Shoryuken doesn't utilize SnH. It's a precision knock-out blow.

It could be nothing but a chi effect and not necessarily be tied to SnH.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

The first makes no sense lore-wise. You can't only slightly want to win at any cost and destroy your opponent. It's an all or nothing sort of thing. SnH isn't some kind of...power. It's a chi cultivation technique. It's a lens chi moves through.

I think was said in Goutetsu's profile he could use it exactly that way though, chosing how much release it

"...and was also a user of the Satsui no Hado, being the only known person who could use the power without falling into its darker aspects (possibly because he only used it sparingly and wisely). "

Guess it's a state of mind where you can replicate the intent of kill to generate that type of ki, but you have control over it

Actually Oro does exactly that in his story with Dhalsim... even if just a part is kinda long read, but cover well what we're talking about

Oro before that is essentially talking about how ki is ki and are people the ones to add absolute prejudice to it

Oro's eyelids drooped in concentration. His feet crept across the floorboards as he lowered his stance. A breath hissed into his nostrils. Another.

Danger. Dhalsim's body seemed to know it before his mind was aware, sliding into a defensive stance of its own accord.

There was a shift in the air. Stroked by a pull that seemed to warp the very darkness of the night, Dhalsim's skin broke out in goosebumps.

Oro's breath rattled like a rumbling in the ground.

His eyes, usually so impenetrable, became the red of a wild beast, and his fist was swallowed by a smoky blackness that shamed the night sky.

The...Satsui no Hado!

Instantly, Dhalsim's decision was made. The two men who had been talking so casually were now separated by a killing blow's length. And knowing that to retreat a foot...no, even an inch...would invite that killing blow, Dhalsim had but one choice.

His fists whipped up before his face in a pose resembling a prayer to the god Agni. Where moments before there had stood a dinner host, there was now the fighter Dhalsim, prepared to defend his life. He had launched a thousand times a thousand attacks from this stance. A strike from this Sennin wreathed in death could be neither stopped nor dodged.
Instead, he would risk his life.
On a single attack, the product of all his training and experience.

Even if he and his guest, so tragically deceived by the Satsui no Hado, must kill each other in the same instant.
The decision sharpened his awareness, marshalling all his senses.

In the stifling presence of certain death, Oro drew closer to Dhalsim with only one thing on his mind.
Even the tiniest move would mean the difference between life and death.

Dhalsim's nerves tingled with agonizing dread.

His consciousness transcended flesh.
He was one with the world.
Utter silence.
The wind had died.
Only the thick smell of Jasmine remained.
A trickle of sweat rolled down Dhalsim's cheek.
Time.
Stopped.

The old hermit released his fist with a casual chuckle.
The dark Hado that had drawn such ultimate malice to Dhalsim's doorstep vanished without a trace.

"That was the Satsui no Hado. Well, an imitation."

Dhalsim gasped in relief, and wiped the sweat from his brow.

Sim is likely one of the most perceptive characters and felt and seen that type of ki, yet Oro had control over it to the point that can return normal with a casual chuckle

I think Oro there is calling it an imitation as he can replicate the state of mind to generate that kind of "murder" ki, without actually wanting to murder Sim... so it's not the true thing due motivations behind it, but the ki released and its "type" are real

I guess is possible in SF world, but question is if Ryu reached this level, even just to do with less amount of ki

But surely it can be case 2, and it just slip out a bit but Ryu quickly suffocate it back, thowing a "clean" punch

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Also the Shin Shoryuken is not supposed to be tied to SnH at all. The Metsu Shoryuken draws on SnH. By design the Shin Shoryuken doesn't utilize SnH. It's a precision knock-out blow.

It could be nothing but a chi effect and not necessarily be tied to SnH.

On theory i would be inclined to agree with you, i ever seen Shin Shoryuken in same way, specially being a technique mastered first by Gouken

But that hint of red ki imho can't be ignored or considered casual imho... they could have used white ki (link to pure mind and all that), blue ki (link to hado or MnK), yellow (link to electric element), all of three have been used in to show Ryu's energy. Or even black, after all he got that too as ink effects and all

But red ki for Ryu ever had really specific meaning very important for the history of the character, doubt they will use it so lighthearted/random to add some cool effect

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Being able to tap into the SnH is very different from wielding it. It's not something that should be wielded in a fight since doing so means having to seek the destruction of your foe.

That's correct, but indeed Ryu there seem to tap for a second (intentionally or not, wich was the question) there before the punch, but the actual strike does'nt show any sign of it

So what i'm saying is that either Ryu does it intentionally to build up extra power (and then punch without killing intent), or does unintentionally (having actually to keep it at bay) and his punch gain nothing from it

Former scenario is not absurd, more power does'nt necessary equal to murder intent... you can hit me with 100% of your power using a strike not aimed to kill me, or you can pick a little knife and use 5% of your strenght with the intention of cut my throat

In Ken xmas story Ken srk Gief with everything he got (and would likely add more if he could), yet there's no mention of Ken using murdering intent

Moral question would be if -assuming he's able to do it- Ryu would find acceptable boost his own power using an energy wich is effectively part of himself, or would never do it because while he accepted that part of himself exist he chosen to ignore it and don't touch it (SFV inner struggle with Kage ending)

Based on SFV would be inclined to think it's the latter (and still i do, everything he does in his new movelist feels just Ryu became further Ryu), but his SF6 Super give me doubt it's possible current older Ryu may have reached a new perspective of things

Never been a fan of Ryu still having SNH, it should had been gone for good. 

Everyone has a desperation boost in SF6 if they are critical, SF6 Ryu level 3 doesn't really need to be SNH sign of returning compare to other characters in SF6.

Ryu in SF6 doesn't SNH anymore. And the better Ryu should be never Ryu having SNH.

SNH Shoto should be no other than AKUMA. The stronger Ryu should be better than being a SNH RYU. SNH Ryu should never been Ryu's better version.

54 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

In Ken xmas story Ken srk Gief with everything he got (and would likely add more if he could), yet there's no mention of Ken using murdering intent

That's because Gouken's style doesn't utilize SnH...it utilizes a completely different method of chi cultivation. Giving it your all in a fight doesn't necessitate using SnH...that's the entire point of Gouken's style and Ryu's arc

54 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Former scenario is not absurd, more power does'nt necessary equal to murder intent... you can hit me with 100% of your power using a strike not aimed to kill me, or you can pick a little knife and use 5% of your strenght with the intention of cut my throat

"More power" isn't how this works, dude. SnH is not "more power" it's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POWER. It's cultivating chi through murderous intent. It's the Dark Side. Quicker, easier. You can NOT use SnH without tapping into the desire to destroy your opponent at all costs. It is inherent to the ki manifestation. You cannot tap into the Dark Side of the Force while remaining calm and at peace. It's just not how it works and it's especially relevant for the SnH since it is more than just passion and fury it is literally killing intent.

You cannot cultivate the power of killing intent without the intent to kill. It's axiomatic. Ryu should NOT be tapping into the desire to kill during a fight by the point of SF6. Ever. At any level. Rejecting the SnH means rejecting the desire to kill a foe. Entirely.

Edited by YagamiFire
6 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

That's because Gouken's style doesn't utilize SnH...it utilizes a completely different method of chi cultivation. Giving it your all in a fight doesn't necessitate using SnH...that's the entire point of Gouken's style and Ryu's arc

Yes, what i mean is that wanting to gather greater power does'nt imply automatically have a murder intent, but i agree on that

And i agree on the Ryu arc thing, Ryu ever rejected Akuma's way never justifying it as wanting "good side strenght", he simply ever looked for the pure meaning of strenght and for him it's not something you reach through SnH... also because if one believe in work hard to reach a result, he also know he will be enriched not only by the result but also by the work hard part itself, beside all moral thing it's a mindset that by default make you see a shortcut with diffidence as something that (beside being wrong) will cripple your growth

19 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

"More power" isn't how this works, dude. SnH is not "more power" it's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POWER.

But reality is that's our interpretation, but is capcom end up having last word on how they want to handle it, as far we know they may chose that a combination of the different type of ki may give greater result, see example Goutetsu apparently believing the path was being able to master both

Super powerful being Oro also seem to believe in ki being just ki and apparently in his seek to become a sennin bothered to learn how release different type of ki

26 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

It's cultivating chi through murderous intent. It's the Dark Side. Quicker, easier. You can NOT use SnH without tapping into the desire to destroy your opponent at all costs. It is inherent to the ki manifestation. You cannot tap into the Dark Side of the Force while remaining calm and at peace. It's just not how it works and it's especially relevant for the SnH since it is more than just passion and fury it is literally killing intent.

You cannot cultivate the power of killing intent without the intent to kill. It's axiomatic.

But Oro just did it in the piece i posted, he did exactly that

He put his own spirit in the mood to generate SnH, yet he never had intention to kill Sim... so either he replicated that spiritual state OR had such great control over it over his own murder intent that would have never lay a finger on Sim.

But latter seems strange because as you say true killing intent is'nt true if you don't want to kill, and if you truly want it you can't be sure to not put a finger on your opponent... and i doubt Oro would have risked to harm Sim just to show him a trcik during a conversation

Wich is why Oro call it "an imitation" of SnH

That's his whole point, he detached the kind of ki from the spiritual inclination we associate with it... and just before he was debating about Psycho Power and Yoga arguing against the preconception about these powers

To use better english than mine i copypaste a part from SF wiki wich imho sum it up well

"Oro is capable of utilizing the Satsui no Hado, or what he considers an imitation of it. Though he only uses it as an example for Dhalsim in his lecture on the nature of ki, Dhalsim notices that for that moment, Oro truly held a killing intent. Oro believes that the Satsui no Hado is not an inherently evil power, but rather an alternate form of surpassing physical limits much like Yoga, Soul Power, and Psycho Power. Through this knowledge, he is able to wield it without falling completely victim to it. "

Would we distinguish on screen Oro's "imitation" from what we consider the original thing? Dhalsim could not, despite having great powers for that challenge, because for how Oro says it it's like a natural developed fire in the usual way vs an artificial generated fire through a different method, but the result is still fire

47 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Ryu should NOT be tapping into the desire to kill during a fight by the point of SF6. Ever. At any level. Rejecting the SnH means rejecting the desire to kill a foe. Entirely.

I completely agree with you on this, you should know i ever considered SnH/Akuma whole existence something that ruin shit in SF lol, let alone on Ryu 😁

Every fucking time i'm there saying we should not waste a slot on trash Evil Ryu for trash taste fans 🤣

Yet i can't ignore that not only SF6 Ryu seems to have that shit on his fist (and if just graphic effect would be VERY bizzarre error by capcom), but also does it when in theory should be more easy for him to prevent that from happen (as he's not on desperation mode)

But i'm more inclined to believe Ryu just still not perfected his path (and so that's why lil glimpse of SnH appear), and that probably under pressure (desperation) he manage to concentrate even more to release a perfect "clean" technique

To be honest there is no point to romanticize that Ryu still needs SNH to be an effective fighter.

When that keeps on popping up every new Street Fighter game.

It cause the problem why some fans still believe that Evil Ryu is the better and final form Ryu should attain 

If Capcom keep referencing SNH to Ryu to something like a critical move that gave a damage boost will only also reinforce the idea that a fully succumbed Ryu to SNH is the full potential of Ryu. Which is not true.

Ryu at this age and timeline still having SNH issue is corny.

There should never any debate regarding this because Capcom already said it and cleared this, along with his new goals in life

lN1bcQf.png

Whatever written in the past or those that are written in the WIKI's would be overwritten because this is the recent and clear. Before Alpha 3 Nash death was considered canon but when SF5 went out it retcons and cleared that ALPHA 2 Nash Death is the canon one instead.

I am confident and assured that whatever kind of Shin Shoryuken Ryu used in SF6 has no trace of SNH anymore.

Shin Shoryuken with SNH was an game mechanic exclusive only to Ryu's character but it does not appeared in SF6.

Damage boost during critical state is a universal game mechanic. whether you are Chunli, Guile and etc. 

In other words it's with everyone has a damage boost in their critical state. 

Capcom made it even an important highlighted detail to Ryu 's character in SF6 so there is no point to be confused or be in doubt if it is what he used in SF6 Shin SRK

In fact SF6 Shin Shoryuken has no trace of SNH. This is even crystal clear in game animation and visuals.

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 6/13/2022 at 2:38 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIIts' purely based on his design but I get serious G vibes from JP.

I mean...it should ALSO be based on his name.

10 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Oro seemed to manage it fine in that sidestory.

Edited by DarthEnderX
7 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I mean...it should ALSO be based on his name.

Yeah

If they're all linked wonder why Q and G got single letters while JP two

At some point i thought could have simply be somebody unrelated that to stay anonymous used only name/surname initials, but in that case would have been more like J.P. but watching the artwork page it's just JP, meanwhile A.K.I. have the dots (like F.A.N.G.)

Metro City just being stage 1 of world tour mode got thinking of all the locations that could potentially be included. Capcom could seriously expand on the worldbuilding and lore of Street Fighter with one mode. Just off the top of my head I would like to see the following places be explorable areas

Japan:

Suzaku Castle

Honda's bathhouse

Kazuki Estate

IJWPW Gym

Ibuki's Ninja Village

Russia

The factory from Zangief's SF2 stage

The fight club from SF5

Snowland

Hong Kong

Capcom would be able to create a city made up of all the Hong Kong street stages that's appeared throughout the series. Dan's Alpha 2 stage and Yun & Yang stages throughout the SF3 games could form a good basis.

Brazil

Matsuda family dojo

The dock from Sean's third strike stage

The village from Blanka's SF2 stage

An list of events I want to see in world tour mode:

Zeku forming SF universe version of the Striders

Guy finding an apprentice and naming them the 40th heir of the Bushin style. Tease Ninja Commando from the far future. 

Menat being in every city you visit to tell you your fortune 

CPWA recruitment drive

Getting involved with the Q investigation

Running into Remy and kicking his ass 

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Really interested in seeing what the plot will be for SF6. As Guile's bio says, "new battlefields await him". 

I can only imagine what those battlefields are. Shadaloo is gone now, so I'm guessing whatever it is has to be significant. Especially if it's drawing him away from his family again.

Guile's taken in Mel after Eliza's death, He's tracking down Ken to stop him from repeating his mistake he made. Abandoning his family while being consumed by grief. Mel's Aunt is  Julia, Guile's wife.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Metro City just being stage 1 of world tour mode got thinking of all the locations that could potentially be included. Capcom could seriously expand on the worldbuilding and lore of Street Fighter with one mode. Just off the top of my head I would like to see the following places be explorable areas

For Hong Kong add a Fei Long movie set 😁

To add some places

Western Europe:

Flamenco Tavern (Vega's arena)

Palazzo Mistero

Club Metro (Remy's stage)

Illuminati greek/mediterranean HQ

England:

London (Dudley/Birdie stages)

English manor

Delta Red HQ

India:

Combination of all Sim stages from SF2 to SFV

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

I want Ken to revisit his old SF2 stage and run into Q.

First canon line ever for Q "Man, you look like shit!"

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Really interested in seeing what the plot will be for SF6. As Guile's bio says, "new battlefields await him". 

I can only imagine what those battlefields are. Shadaloo is gone now, so I'm guessing whatever it is has to be significant. Especially if it's drawing him away from his family again.

What if SF6 is more like the World Tour mode? There is no final boss, it's just characters doing their own thing all over the world ala SFA2 and 3S. That way you won't have a global threat that forces all plots to converge towards it/them.

Because I don't see G, or the Illuminati anywhere, and I hope Shadaloo is not remotely close to the main arc (even though Bison is likely in the game!).

But there are a lot of signs that point to something Shadaloo related or it could be a red herring:

1- Cammy, Guile, Chun together = Usually means Shadaloo

2- Vega, Bison graffitis signal their potential as S1 or S2 DLC (in SF5 the S1/S2 characters were more closely tied to the main plot).

3- Ed being Bison's vessel.

4- FANG's apprentice is in the game, and may have inherited his life's mission?

5- JP who is the only character that looks like the final boss from what was revealed is rumored to be a Psycho Power user.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, but if this is the case it doesn't look like a major leap we all hoped for, or G and the Alphabet Organization, or a continuation of Urien's 3S Ending.

17 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

No, Gouken's style utilizes SnH as a catalyst, we know this from the description of the Denjin Hadouken that both Gouken and Ryu have mastered.

""By alternately inverting the method of mixing the Hado for a short period of time, the Hado can be charged with electricity. This was made possible by controlling the ki of the murderous wave, which has a yin nature, for a short time. Perhaps, If you completely overcome the wave of murderous intent, you will not be able to use the electric blade Hadoken."(電刃波動拳の会得秘話などありますか? 「波動の練り方を、短い間に交互に反転させることで、波動に電気を帯びさせることができる。これは陰の性質を持つ、殺意の波動の気を少しの間、制御することで可能になったものです。おそらく殺意の波動を完全に克服することになれば、電刃波動拳は使えなくなるでしよう」) Ryu's explanation from an interview in Gamest Mook Vol. 81 – Street Fighter III New Generation ‘Fan Book’ page 85."

In order for Gouken or Ryu to have mastered that move they must have complete control of SnH through their mastery of MnK. If they were overcome by SnH then they can't use this particular move or any of its variants.

The key to mastering the Denjin mode is overcoming the SnH which Ryu's bio states has occurred in SF6. So yes, Ryu (and Gouken) utilize SnH in a way that changes its nature from negative to positive. When you see a visualization of SnH it is legitimate SnH for a time until it is sublimated through Mu. SF6 Ryu is akin to SFV side story Oro in how he states he can utilize an imitation of SnH.  It's not really an "imitation" as Oro states, it's just that Oro in his age and experience has complete mastery over all aspects of his ki so both Yin and Yang (- & +). SnH is inherently Yin so he can muster a whole bunch of that and then instantly negate it through Mu. Mu is neither positive or negative it's literally 0.

Edited by bakfromon

Shall we take that Capcom definitely ditched the original SF6 logo? They've kept the hexagon shape, but I don't think we've seen the SF6 thing since the first disaster.

Btw, with the positive reactions it seems the game is on its way the keep the tradition of even numbered Street Fighter games being succesful. It appears it's doing good in presentation, single player content and decent roster size and it's working.

12 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

My fav is Luke one, that pose in japanese (fight sports) culture is associated with "fight like a man" vague ideal where a man give up technique and defense and he's just willing to stand and bang in a contest of will/toughness to see who have greater fighting spirit

Take that pose is bit like an unwritten challenge to the opponent to do the same

I remember it in bunch of K1 and Pride fights (and while i'm not sure, guess in jap pro-wrestling pride in being able to take a strike too), audience used to go crazy for it in Japan, bit like american dorito eating UFC crowd would start cheer as soon they see shit degenerate into sloppy brawl because somebody may go to sleep, but japs add a sense of honor to it because they traditionally stress much more on technique and give it up is bit like a warrior chosing to remove his armor

In Baki they use it a lot to add significance to fights, some good examples him vs Pickle or vs Oliva endings, where Baki does it to have a "pure fight"

Hanayama also does it all the times and win or lose everybody is ever like "this is a true man"

Hard to explain better for me, but if you know the thing it's so cool see Luke do it, feels Capcom truly is treating him like a protagonit beyond his role in story itself

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Not sure how I feel about the battle damage. In SF2 and early SF3 it was the loser who had battle damage. The seduction and cool factor behind high graphical fidelity is shortlived. The old SF 2D Art feels eternal by comparison. Ageless. So the less realism the better for me. 

As i said on other thread, i like idea if is truly used to show a particular tough/close fight, kinda paid tribute to a worthy opponent and imho still feels loyal to SF imagery, even if winner used to be unscathed in the past... btw Guile there does'nt look fucked up as a SF2/SF3 char that lost: he look (less) injuried but not defeated, his expression and behaviour is still strong, while SF2/3 losers were incarnation of defeat

There (in other thread) i said on best out 3, i would like clean face for 2-0 w and injuries in a 2-1 w... but tbh maybe this is still too common, would like this to be more rare

Would like if they find a good formula to praise an enemy that truly made you spit blood... maybe 2-1 AND he must take more than 50% health in both rounds he lost? idk lol, but i would like them find the right balance to not make it too common

Ironically we already have a mechanic that recognize a painful win, both SFV and SF6 make characters have different round wins celebration if they had a dominant win or had to go through a pretty even fight

Example Ryu's round win cutscene in SF6 (based on how much life the winner still have)

Dominant win - throw a couple of punches, then take a strong karate stance pointing down with his fist in opponent's direction

Difficult win - he quietly sit on seiza (the classic japanese sitting position), giving his back to the KOd opponent

Maybe good formula for the loser to be "rewarded" with winner showing marks, may be have to make ALL the rounds he lost difficult fights, that would surely imply that despite the result winner did'nt had easy time (i think difficult win is around have less than 30% life left)

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

The only thing I know regardless the battle damage is that it will make the Ryona enthusiasts happy.

They took REALLY seriously their broaden the audience gimmick

Strange they returned to normal Blanka after the super furry one of SFV, they're missing all these Sonic fans money

2 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Different blocking versions

Regular 

gu1pv17eku591.gif

Vs Burnout

wkrcm77eku591.gif

Cool thing is in her normal version with her blocks she's deviating these tatsu kicks on her sides*, so she does'nt have to sustain the whole weight of the strike... in tired version she just try to block it and stay strong on the spot but that way she get whole impact lol, feels perfect to show it's a desperate defense attempt ❤️

*right right left is wrong (to roll with it should have been LLL) but who cares, it's not like we can expect every single move get linked to most accurate block and the overall effect is cool as fuck (cooler than 3 "correct" identical blocks)... plus if we must accept tastu bullshit being an effective attack everything is fair game 🤣

Can I just say, I kinda hate that Chun Li quit being a police officer the minute Bison was gone?

It kinda reflects poorly on her as a person.  It means she was never a cop in order to help or protect people.  It was only ever a means for her to pursue her personal vendetta.  And the moment that vendetta is fulfilled, she just drops that career, because apparently, no other aspect of it mattered to her...

16 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I used to like this and posted this in capcom unity but @DarthEnderXconvinced me why it wasn't a good idea, and i realize it's not gonna be appealing to other characters with weird facial structures.  but additional features are always welcome.

You remember that better than I do.  But yeah, I've definitely never liked battle damage.  Not even in SF2 victory screens back in the day.

SF3 was the worst though.  Seeing all your favorite characters absolutely ravaged and bloody was kinda disturbing.  Especially the women, who were usually also crying...

Edited by DarthEnderX
23 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Can I just say, I kinda hate that Chun Li quit being a police officer the minute Bison was gone?

It kinda reflects poorly on her as a person.  It means she was never a cop in order to help or protect people.  It was only ever a means for her to pursue her personal vendetta.  And the moment that vendetta is fulfilled, she just drops that career, because apparently, no other aspect of it mattered to her...

Wasn't Chun-Li still a cop in 3rd Strike, and only AFTER rescuing Li-Fen was when she decided to make a career change? 

It's not official, but the first screen of her ending, you can see cop cars on the scene with Chun-Li and Li-Fen. So it's not wrong to assume that Chun-Li was still working with Law Enforcement well after the fall of Shadaloo and adopting Li-Fen.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/6/6d/SFIII_3S-Chun-Li_Ending-1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20191220015909

Yes, joining Interpol was indeed for personal reason: not just trying to take down M. Bison and Shadaloo, but to honor and follow in her father's footsteps as well. 

I doubt Chun-Li was in a rush to call it quits after Shadaloo was destroyed. (I know she explores other jobs and travels in her SFIV Aftermath trailer, canonicity withstanding). She's always in a hurry to don her Qipao and deliver swift justice, but def has a soft spot for kids. Not just with Li-Fen, but you saw her let her guard down when fighting Juri in the Juri OVA. Also, who knows what was going through her mind when watching Ken and Mel play in the ASF Story mode.

I def feel Li-Fen had a big influence on the career change, rather than the fall of M. Bison. Remember that she didn't start teaching Kung Fu until after she rescued her from Urien. She was probably giving Li-Fen some private lessons after her SFV Character story, but after spending time with her and realizing how important she is to her was when she wanted to quit police work and become a teacher.

At least, that's how I interpreted it. I always associate Chun-Li's default Qipao with her job with Interpol. Since she's worn in from SF2-SF3, I assume she's always kept that career. And it wasn't until SF6 when she made a change in her wardrobe and fully commited to her new role in life.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

canonicity withstanding

The Aftermath OVAs are canon.

And I think it was Li-Fen (in SF3) that triggered Chun's career change not the fall of Shadaloo like you said. This is a perfectly normal thing and really doesn't take away from her lifelong pursuit of justice. If anything, Chun-Li creating an Army of Chun-Lis through her school is 100% in line with her pursuit of a better world. 

I kinda agree with @DarthEnderX, mostly because i ever seen Chun being a cop as tribute to her father Dorai, and he was a cop regardless (and before) of Shadaloo

They could have made her as working mom, raising Li Fen and continue her career at same time... but i can also see that since her job would have implied pass a lot of time around the world and being a single parent, they may have a point making the char quit to have more stable life

Btw with the inevitable return of Psycho Power (already 2 in base cast) in SF6 story, i doubt they will have many problems at write events to justify her return to action

I can see her not suspecting much Ed, but even without disturb Bison, i think JP may already attract her attention... new mysterious figure who use Psycho Power?

Doubt Chun will be indifferent to that 😁

Also Cammy new casual clothes design imho may hint she gave a try to normal life too, guess lot of characters after SFV had a period more focused on private side, then SF6 events will divebomb into everybody's life lol

Edited by CESTUS III

They can't have normal lives. We've seen them attempt it after SF2. Literally these guys have been traumatized to hell and back with a pathological affinity towards fighting people on the streets. Try try as they might but the pull of Bison is eternal! They are doomed to repeat history until they all have group therapy together.