Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

56 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

because if we want to consider elements in terms of representation (or lack of) Gill and Kolin kinda cover that 

But as archetype yes liquid water is missing, and i said would welcome it

Would prefer him/her to be able to manipulate humidity in the air rather than human Squirtle though lol

Human Squirtle can be deadly. Concentrated water pressure should not be fucked with.

As long as there are not bubble attacks it should be fine.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Would prefer him/her to be able to manipulate humidity in the air rather than human Squirtle though lol

Yeah I'm gonna veto human squirtle as well. LMAO!

Waterbending is more what I was thinking tbh. (minus cryomancy)

Edited by Daemos
34 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Yeah I'm gonna veto human squirtle as well. LMAO!

Waterbending is more what I was thinking tbh. (minus cryomancy)

So hydromancy then. I'm surprised KOF hasn't gone there yet. Leona's birth father, Gaidel, had water based ki. Before KOFXIV he was dead, he was supposedly revived when Verse was defeated.  I'm surprised he hasn't shown up as DLC yet.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Human Squirtle can be deadly. Concentrated water pressure should not be fucked with.

I think what Cestus meant here is that the hydromancer is based on a fighting style and ki manipulation rather than a fighter who can physiologically squirt water at opponents (No weird water fighter lab experiments).

31 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think what Cestus meant here is that the hydromancer is based on a fighting style and ki manipulation rather than a fighter who can physiologically squirt water at opponents (No weird water fighter lab experiments).

I'm thinking along the lines of using ki to draw in the water vapors in the air to create water for streams, blasts and tidal waves.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

Seeing Rain in MK1, do you guys think SF6 could accommodate a “water elemental”.

Easily.  No reason why they couldn't.

We have wind, fire, electricity, ice, metal (Urien), and earth (G)

G is more lava than earth.

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

A character using water will need to be a water bender in order for it to make sense in street fighter.

No different than the airbenders we already have.

It's all just ki transformation and manipulation.

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

I was obviously separating cryomancy (Gill and Kolin) from what I meant which is liquid water.

Hydromancy.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yeah that's it

Personally would like some great SF style pick of character background/martial art to make it fit the choice of water for his ki

Would love so much SF getting an Aikido rep that have water as element... will fit the fluid movements, the idea of redirect opponent's momentum rather than oppose a rock-hard static defense

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm thinking along the lines of using ki to draw in the water vapors in the air to create water for streams, blasts and tidal waves.

Yes this

As long he does'nt become some sort of ki "magician" who does bunch of tricks with it, as if his main trait is being water element user

Would want the focus to be still on the martial art, and water ki to be cherry on top and nicely roll with it

Essentially i would not like a "Water-Dhalsim", would prefer a "Water-Ken"

He can still have a water-slash like special move or projectile, just not become some wizard gimmick character

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Only Rashid is an actual Airbender. Lily uses wind to boost the strength of her moves. Corkscrew blow and thunderbolt are the only times Dudley makes use of it.

Don't forget this guy

cody-specialmove1.gif

specially after his most recent (SFV) version

Edited by CESTUS III
9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Only Rashid is an actual Airbender. Lily uses wind to boost the strength of her moves. Corkscrew blow and thunderbolt are the only times Dudley makes use of it.

It would had been a good choice that Capcom went through that Lily is the Air bender instead while Rashid is the one that use wind as something he combines with his skills

bexause the character backstories and nature would fit the other way around but yeah Capcom probably didn't think a out that but that would be a better way to distinct them to each other while being thematic to their nature

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Lol, you guys are way overthinking this.  Ryu isn't charging particles and Ken isn't rapidly oxidating fuel when they use lighting and fire.

Some characters can just transform their Ki into different elements.  It's Naruto/Hunter x Hunter style.

It's bit mixed situation 

One side yes, lot of stuff goes simply by explanation ki manifest itself in various ways based on the user and how he's using it, we even have ki type "groups" with specific visual design attached to it (think SnH, MnK, PP, SP)

Or characters that just have their own visual identity when it comes to ki without need further explanation because that's what their ki looks like, think example Chun or Deejay

Other times there's bit "explanation" behind things (absolute bullshit one, but that make sense within SF world) 

Like for elements in particular often there's some sort of lore behind, even if on pratical level it's not uncommon 

Sim having fire was lore matter that even changed with time (iirc back to SF2 there was very different explanation) 

Ken and Fei can use fire-effect to, but for some reason feel it's different thing from Sim's 

Blanka "learning" to generate electricity in same way eels do it due his life in the jungle 

Secret Society members having one or more elements unlocked by some unknown process 

Then you have some attempt of explanation for Lily's wind (an obscure one about a spirit, but still), then Rashido just does it and we don't know mich still, maybe WTM lol

Etc... then you have some that have no lore explaning it, then some others that visually explain a bit "how" it works (see Urien's electromagnetism influencing metal too) 

Very mixed situations, but often SF try add context

Even supernatural often have some kind of logic behind it 

Kage and maybe Necalli (possibly the two most extreme elements) comes to mind, but would take a post itself and i'm about to take a plane lol

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Does Azam make use of wind as well? Or was just Rashid. I haven't played ASF in a while, so I can't remember.

In ASF it's implied he successfully stopped Cammy from help Chun vs  Rashid , but does it off-screen (camera just show him placing himself on Cammy's way)

Iirc we can also see him leave a place with Rashid with "wind effect" but could be either both using it or Rashid doing it for both 

We got it's implied Azam is Rashid fighting master (we also have parallels between him and Gouken/Gief figures when Shido meet Ryu/Mika), considering in terms of pure martial art  they're VERY different (Rashid use parkour, Azam is supposed to be a pro-wrestler), guess that may hint Azam teachings are possibly about the wind part of Rashid's fighting style

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Other times there's bit "explanation" behind things (absolute bullshit one, but that make sense within SF world) 

Like for elements in particular often there's some sort of lore behind, even if on pratical level it's not uncommon 

Sim having fire was lore matter that even changed with time (iirc back to SF2 there was very different explanation) 

Ken and Fei can use fire-effect to, but for some reason feel it's different thing from Sim's 

Blanka "learning" to generate electricity in same way eels do it due his life in the jungle 

Secret Society members having one or more elements unlocked by some unknown process 

Then you have some attempt of explanation for Lily's wind (an obscure one about a spirit, but still), then Rashido just does it and we don't know mich still, maybe WTM lol

Etc... then you have some that have no lore explaning it, then some others that visually explain a bit "how" it works (see Urien's electromagnetism influencing metal too) 

To be honest, I don't think any of those explanations are the literal reasons why those characters have elemental powers, they're just the origins for the mindsets that cause those characters to figure out how to manipulate their own Ki.

Like, I don't think there's a literal wind ghost that Lily talks to that gives her her wind powers.  I think it's just a matter of her being in touch with her own spirituality, and that expresses itself through her ki in the form of wind.  I don't think Blanka literally generates electricity the same bioorganic way that eels do.  I think interacting with eels inspired him to want to generate electricity, and that manifested itself in him being able to transform his ki into electricity.

The only real exception to that would be someone like Viper, who is actually using tech to generate fire and electricity.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

To be honest, I don't think any of those explanations are the literal reasons why those characters have elemental powers, they're just the origins for the mindsets that cause those characters to figure out how to manipulate their own Ki.

Like, I don't think there's a literal wind ghost that Lily talks to that gives her her wind powers.  I think it's just a matter of her being in touch with her own spirituality, and that expresses itself through her ki in the form of wind.  I don't think Blanka literally generates electricity the same bioorganic way that eels do.  I think interacting with eels inspired him to want to generate electricity, and that manifested itself in him being able to transform his ki into electricity.

The only real exception to that would be someone like Viper, who is actually using tech to generate fire and electricity.

I don't disagree, example eels as you said have biological tools in their anatomy to do it, while Blanka don't (unless Capcom want to imply the huge almost deadly elettroshock Blanka got that day somehow changed his body)  

Similar way i'm not even sure Sim's fire come from Agni (wich would imply Agni exist to begin with) and not instead Sim's belief in Agni's existence being itself enough to fuel Sim ki into do all that fire stuff 

Lily is bit different, will wait we get more lore hints about her spirit before build bit solid idea, there's bunch mysterious stuff going on 

What i was saying is that while to the core everything in SF will lead to ki, there's usually a pattern of special attention to "justify" where elemental users power come from, while it's usually just accepted as normal when "generic" ki users generate energy, like Chun or Deejay's projectiles 

Seems to me there's difference how Sim and Gill are portrayed as able to control fire element, rather than Ken or Fei who's ki takes the form of fire

For the latter two capcom never bothered much iirc to explain it, guess if asked the will just tell us it's manifestation of their burning spirit or something like that 😆

Edited by CESTUS III

I don't think any of those explanations are the literal reasons why those characters have elemental powers, they're just the origins for the mindsets that cause those characters to figure out how to manipulate their own Ki.

Yeah Ryu had Shakunetsu Hadoken and Akuma also but they aren't stuck in one elemental. 

Some Alpha super moves has fire effects on there level 3s like Sagat.

Should Sagat have fire elemental too? Akuma has both electricity and fire elements too.

10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

There was some source once way back that described what everyone's projectile "feels" like, and the Tiger Shot was described as feeling freezing cold.

it was in He Who Shall Not Be Named’s plot misguide. 

I remember it also described Bison’s Psycho Shot as extremely painful like you are on fire. This is in contrast to most other ki in the universe which felt cold.

On 7/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, DarthEnderX said:

There was some source once way back that described what everyone's projectile "feels" like, and the Tiger Shot was described as feeling freezing cold.

It was Zangief's "projectiles analysis" in the SF2 Animated Movie fanbook, although its general tone was not very serious and it showed the characterisation of its time.

Zangief-Ki.jpg

18: Zangief's
1: great projectiles analysis
2: Watch the secrets of the projectiles I examined!

3: New move that vanishes projectiles!
4: Vanishing Flat!!

5: Ryu's Hadōken
6: A lump of natural energy. No worries about public damage.

7: About the same of the standard body temperature.

8: Its damage doesn't vanish immediately after hit, but it lasts in your body for a while.

9: Air Slasher

10: A whirlwind which cuts everything.

11: If it hits, you hear music. I swear.

12: Being a wind, the same of atmospheric temperature.

13: Ken's Hadōken

I don't know if it's because he trained less than Ryu, but it's smaller than his.

14: Not much power, but it hurts like hell.

15: Neither hot nor cold.

16: The great stupid analysis of professor Zangief! ¹

17: Can we really trust him?!

19: Kikōken

20: An improved version of the qìgōng² energy used to heal.
21: It did hurt, but it healed my stiff shoulders.

22: About the same temperature of a warm bath.

23: Ryu's Fire Hadōken

24: He adds his own energy to the natural one.

25: If it hits, it feels like boiling water.

26: Not enough to burn your clothes, but hot enough to hurt.

27: Sonic Boom

28: A wave attack produced by both arms going over the speed of sound!
29: Colder than Russian winter.

30: Feels like an impact with a wall.

31: Yoga Fire

32: I don't understand Yoga's secrets. Someone explain them to me!

33: If it hits, it feels like you eat spicy curry.

34: Seems the same temperature of boiling curry.

35: Tiger Shot

36: A materialisation of Sagat's evil heart.

37: If it hits, it leaves like a fierce beast's bite. It's freezing cold, like Sagat's heart.³

Yes, there was more in the same page about the game chronology and Ryu and Ken's friendship, but I didn't have the time and desire to translate it, too long.

Anyway, at least there is a source for that claim. How much still reliable is all that regarding the present characterisation is up to debate, though...

¹ Although it was one of the first instances of Zangief being presented as a learned character, it wasn't treated seriously like nowadays.

² Remember that 気功 kikō is just the Japanese reading of the Chinese qìgōng, the same characters.

³ Of course Sagat is not like that anymore. Characterisation marches on!

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
9 minutes ago, Tiger-J said:

Fei Long should have used water.

I get the Bruce Lee reference there but it's a bit late for that.

Needs to be a new character entirely at this point.

My preference is: Gill and Urien's older sister/mother - Tethys. She doesn't exist yet, but she could!

Option 2: C (G's second in-command)

Do you see what I did there?

Edited by Daemos
12 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

35: Tiger Shot

36: A materialisation of Sagat's evil heart.

37: If it hits, it leaves like a fierce beast's bite. It's freezing cold, like Sagat's heart.³

i wonder if its redone in modern times since Sagat heart is retcon. Maybe it will be fiery and hot also

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

I get the Bruce Lee reference there but it's a bit late for that.

You say that, but remember that Ryu started as nothing, gained Fire, then switched to Lightning.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

i wonder if its redone in modern times since Sagat heart is retcon. Maybe it will be fiery and hot also

If anything, Sagat is more cool and collected than ever.

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 hours ago, Daemos said:

My preference is: Gill and Urien's older sister/mother - Tethys. She doesn't exist yet, but she could!

I was thinking something  the similar in past SRK storythreads

base on Hela from Thor Ragnarok, she was exiled and written off all of her existence in the entire history of Secret Society just like Hela as a punishment.

Then returned just like Hela

Yeah, Secret Society needs a female representation and SF needs a aged up female villain.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Kolin

she is a side on Gill not yet something on a separate power.

maybe in the next few sequels but not now since she still not someone that can compete against urien and gill. she will be more like seth level of threat

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 7/13/2023 at 6:20 AM, Daemos said:

why do you guys need to be anal about this?

I was obviously separating cryomancy (Gill and Kolin) from what I meant which is liquid water.

Yeah, Sub Zero and Rain both use water and they seem to differentiate this in the MK universe. here's a thought, why not have Capcom have Rain as a guest character in SF6. Story would be something like Rose or someone meets rain and they train together or something.

Why is Gill using Shadaloo soldiers?!

Because he is meaningless without Shadaloo! He is the moon, he has no light of his own, and must rely on the real STAR of Street Fighter! BEGASAMAAAAA!!!!

More seriously though, they aren't that militarized so he doesn't have armies like Shadaloo. This game is inconsistent with canon!

On 7/15/2023 at 5:01 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

5: Ryu's Hadōken
6: A lump of natural energy. No worries about public damage.

7: About the same of the standard body temperature.

8: Its damage doesn't vanish immediately after hit, but it lasts in your body for a while.

13: Ken's Hadōken

I don't know if it's because he trained less than Ryu, but it's smaller than his.

14: Not much power, but it hurts like hell.

15: Neither hot nor cold.

It's cool how this very old piece try to tell a difference between Ryu and Ken types of power that was further developed afterward in other chapters (beyond the projectile thing too), with Ryu getting stuff that work also on stun side (beside damage), while Ken ever got stuff that mostly work on pure damage

After all Ryu electric denjin stuff have a component of stun (the damage that last in your body), while Ken's fire ki ever been about boost straight damage

Edited by CESTUS III

we mean females who were part of the pool for presidential candidates. With unknown “secret techniques”. 

She could be from Gill’s generation or a previous generation (like his mother).

Nah, don't want another SS figure to be involved who's on par or even "higher" than Gill in the org, at least not till Gill himself is truly fullfilled as Boss arc*

Plus we just got female Pankration in Marisa, and Pankration is the fight style of candidates

On general would like get some new males characters in 6, since we got just 2 in vanilla cast (does'nt care what devs intention were, we had Luke in SFV first)

What i actually would like from SS is Gill's "fire agent" to work as Kolin counterpart (think would be better as male, but could be female too), wich would not need to have been trained at SS HQ in Pankration, could very well be an outsider just like Kolin have Systema as martial art

Would like something very striking based, aggressive and violent... maybe Lethwei

Would be open to see more SS lab freaks like Necro too, but if possible with some martial art style going on and not just rely 100% on body modification/powers as Necro does

*after that, if still alive i would like to know more about the mysterious SS member that was able to control 3 elements at same time, even if is old lore piece

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Plus we just got female Pankration in Marisa, and Pankration is the fight style of candidates

There's no rule to what style of fighting the society candidates must use. Pankration could be one of many offered.

The point is though, that someone from the SS is the most organic vessel for a new hydromancer character. Female Gill/Urien with a similar degree of nudity would be an absolute hit.

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

we mean females who were part of the pool for presidential candidates. With unknown “secret techniques”. 

She could be from Gill’s generation or a previous generation (like his mother).

Already did that one. 2 times actually. Well, three if you count the body double for the second. 

Edit:

Iro (Wind & Earth) : Armor of Gaea and Blades of Themis are the skills for the 66 Secret Arts she mastered.

Dimitra (Earth - Iro's Body Double): Boon of Demeter is the secret art she learned, really like the back story I gave her and Iro.

Semele (Light - Gill's Predecessor) : Given her station, she's mastered three of the 66 Secret Arts. Phalanx of Light, Redux of Fate, and Rage of Perses

Hmm, maybe I should try to make them in World Tour Mode 🤔

Edit: I've gotten senile. Didn't remember DImitra's secret art without checking my concept.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

There's no rule to what style of fighting the society candidates must use. Pankration could be one of many offered.

The point is though, that someone from the SS is the most organic vessel for a new hydromancer character. Female Gill/Urien with a similar degree of nudity would be an absolute hit.

Nah, it's kinda implied the candidates grow, get body modification+elemental affinity, learn to fight all within that program that take place in SS greek(?) HQ, so the style that is teached to them is Pankration, just like somebody coming out from Gouken's dojo is going to have Ansatsuken as style

And we return to the previous point

A new Gill's servant just like Kolin can get water element affinity (Hydrokinesis) without have SS Pankration as fight style, because unlike candidates he/she can can been born outside and have joined SS at a later stage of life

Kolin almost surely already mastered Systema before her encounter with Gill, being a russian/eastern euro martial art she surely learned it in her country of origin

Only thing Gill added after her inclusion at SS was give her Cryokinesis

Wich for sure changed some aspects of her martial art too, but just functional to her new powers... example Systema involve knife techniques too, ice allow Kolin to turn her own hands into blades, so she probably just applied her knife-fighting knowledge to ice-powered hand strikes

Another case may be a lab experiment like Necro, who has not been trained in Pankration either, despite seems he did'nt even had a martial art knowledge before being recruited by SS

All Necro got was body modification, electric power and a brain-chip that boost his fight abilities (not sure what mean, probably greater physical stats and better reflexes)

Then he probably trained for fighting developing his personal fight style around is new condition

Pankration is the most ancient known mixed martial art. That gives it a lot of versatility as base style. Even if a SS uses it, it won't necessarily mirror Gill and Urien's take on it. Heck Marisa uses it and she doesn't fight like either of them. There are a few overlapping techniques. Quadriga is the only one I can think of off hand. It's the same technique as Urien Quarrel Kick and Gill's Pyro Quarrel Kick.

Also thanks to @Daemos, I'm working on something. Move set is just over 78% complete. Yes I actually calculated it. Other attributes are in their infancy however.

Edit: Almost done. Created her in World Tour. She's practically naked like Gill and Urien as requested. I sent you pics and the rough draft of the concept Daemos.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

To me it's the usual stuff i said many times through years, will ever wish SF to go forward exploring missing lands/styles rather than work over and over on same archetype with different flavour

Of course they can design her to fight different, Capcom can probably design 5 new pseudo-greek SS pankration users and make them different from each others... just like they're like "watch here, there's this new Ansastuken, but wait he is different!"

We had first pseudo-greek SS pankration user in Gill, we got second pseudo-greek SS pankration user in Urien, we just got third pseudo-greek (even if italian, she claim to have greek blood multiple times) pankration user in Marisa

Personally, i think i'm more inclined to wish SF will give us let's say first SF Aikido user, or Silat, or mongol wrestler, or Dambe,  or Krav Maga, or whatever etc etc rather than see what they can do to differentiate the 4th pseudo-greek pankration user (third from same org and family while at it)

That's why if we get other characters from SS i would prefer get "another Kolin", somebody who's born outside and can have it's own cultural/martial art heritage that from SS received just elemental affinity power, but keept it's own roots

PS: of course there's nothing "wrong" on do it as CaC (glad you're working on something), with limitless slots and zero impact we have a different kind of freedom compared to what i expect from actual SF main cast

@Daemos

giphy.gif

Spoiler

jm1Dia4.jpg

HZWVctT.jpg

5P7V6z0.jpg

Name: Ianthe (E-an-thee) – means purple flower in Greek

Nickname: Mistress of Waves

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Greek(?)

Height: 6ft 4in (1.93m)

Weight: 172lbs (78kg)

B/W/H: 36-27-39(92cm-68cm-99cm)

Hometown: Mytiline, Greece (Capital of the Isle of Lesbos)

Appearance: Ianthe is tall, exceptionally fit woman with shoulder length purple hair. There is blue oval shaped gem in her forehead. Ianthe has piercing blue eyes. Normally she has flawless ivory skin and dons elegant dresses and high heels. However upon the start of battle her skins shifts to a light yellow hue and her clothing washes away revealing a blue bikini top and blue thong.

Likes: Swimming, Reading, Mastering New Techniques, Forthrightness

Dislikes: Hot Deserts, Lethargic People, People That Aren't Straightforward

Fighting Style: Flowing Pankration

Tone: Ianthe is an intelligent and driven woman that possess laser like focus on her goals.

Origins: Ianthe's family has been selectively breeding for centuries. Throughout her family's history, parents were paired to insure the birth of strongest possible offspring. Ianthe was believed to be the child that finally gain the family leadership of the Secret Society. However, to the disappointment of her parents, she only showed an affinity for one element. Water. In contrast Gill and Urien, her uncle's children, have shown and affinity for at least two elements. The presidency it seemed would come down to either of them.

With her parents viewing her with thinly veiled disdain, Ianthe endeavored to prove them wrong. Be it her education or physical training, Ianthe worked harder than anyone in Secret Society. If Hydromancy was to be her only affinity, then she would master to a level never seen before. Not only did she seek to master all the secret arts that fit her hydromancy, she would develop her own versions of the techniques that did not. If an art did not suit her affinity, she would endeavor to develop a version that did.

Ianthe's hard work gained her respect in the Secret Society. Her impressive abilities nearly qualified her for the Presidency of the organization In spite of her apparent limitations. This garnered genuine happiness from her parents even though she had long since disassociated herself from them. However she was beaten out by her 1st cousins Gill and Urien. The former she could understand, but the latter she could not. Gill's eventual ascension did not dull Urien's ambition. Tiring of all the politics and subterfuge, Ianthe disappeared from the Secret Society. Reappearing in Mytilene, where she would continue her quest for self improvement.

Her Rival: Marisa

Throws:

Waterfall of Pontus - LP+LK: (In Air):: While airborne, Ianthe plants her shoulder into her adversary's sternum and drives them directly into the ground.

Current of Achelous -
LP+LK: Ianthe grabs her foe, generates a swiftly moving current of ki beneath them that sweeps them off there feet, and causes them to crash onto the back of her head.

Spout of Thalassa
B+LP+LK: Ianthe generates a small water spout of ki that knocks her foe off her feet and tosses them behind her.

Unique Attacks:

Tide of Benthesikyme F+ HP : Ianthe turns her torso 90°, coils her left hand behind her head, and unleashes an advance left back handed blow to her opponent head. Can be charged. Charged version has one hit of armor, knocks down, and is +1 on Block.

Dream of Brizo
F + MP (Overhead): Ianthe strikes at her foe with a right overhand chop

Tail of Delphin
F+ MK: Ianthe hops into the air and attacks with a left sobat kick. Attack goes over lows.

Folly of Nerites – B+HK:: Ianthe lifts her right leg straight up and hits her opponent with a powerful axe kick. Can be charged. The charged version is an overhead.

Headbutt of Hydrus – F+HP: (In Air) Ianthe strikes with brutal aerial head but that send her foe crashing into the ground.

Fury of Charybdis -MK, HK, B+HK: (Target Combo) Ianthe hits her opponent with a right side kick, left front kick, into right axe kick combination.

Leap of Leucothea MP,B+MP,F+HP: (Target Combo) Ianthe strikes her foe with a straight right punch, left uppercut, into aerial headbutt combination that sends her foe crashing into the ground.

Plummet of Palaemon – MP,MP, F+HP: (Aerial Target Combo) While airborne, Ianthe strikes her foe with a straight right punch, straight left punch, into aerial headbutt combination that sends her foe crashing into the ground.

Drive Impact:

Wrath of Phorcys – HP+HK: Ianthe strikes with a powerful left handed lariat.

Drive Reversal:

Clash of Ceto - F+HP+HK: Ianthe uses a swift right shoulder strike to halt her adversary's attack and knock them off their feet.

Specials:

Wave of Glaucus - QCF + P: Ianthe slams her right fist into the ground creating a waist height wave of blue water ki that travels along the ground toward her foe.

Geyser of Amphitrite – F,D,DF + P: (Anti Air) Ianthe slams her left fist into the ground generating a geyser of water based ki than can intercept her airborne opposition.

Grasp of Oceanus - HCB + P: (Command Grab) Ianthe generates a whirlpool of ki beneath opponent's, pulls them toward her at rapid speed, grabs them by the head with a claw grip, and immediately plants them on the back of their with blinding speed. Punch button determines where the whirlpool appears. LP (Point Blank to ¼ Screen) MP (¼ Screen to ½ Screen) HP (½ Screen to ¾ Screen) OD (LP+MP Point Blank to ¼ Screen. LP+HP ¼ Screen to ½ Screen, MP++HP ½ Screen to ¾ Screen)

Shift of Nereus D,D+K: (Teleport) Ianthe melts into the ground and reforms in a different location. Kick button determines the location of her reappearance. LK (Directly in front of her opponent) MK (Directly behind her opponent) HK (Reappears in the same place)

Riposte of Proteus – F,D,DF+K: Ianthe generates a wall of water directly in front of her that halts her adversaries attack allowing her to strike with a powerful left front kick the abdomen that sends them flying away. Kick buttons to determines the type of counter. LK (Low Attacks) MK (Mid and High Attacks), HK (Aerial Attacks)

Cascade of Cymopoleia – QCB+K: (In Air) Ianthe kicks a concentrated orb of water down onto her opponent. Kick button determines the angle of the orb. LK (65° Angle) MK (55° Angle) HK (45° Angle)

Super Arts:

Torrent of Tethys – QCFx2+P: One of the 66 Secret Arts. Iranthe focuses her power into a swift watery blast of ki that sweeps her opponent of their feet and slams them into the other side of the screen on impact. LEVEL 1 Punch button determines the angle of the blast. LP (180° Angle - Horizontal) MP (45° Angle) HP (60° Angle) LEVEL 1

Deluge of Aegaeon - QCFx2+P: (In Air) An aerial version of Torrent of Tethys secret art developed by Ianthe herself. While airborne, Iranthe focuses her power into a downward blast of watery ki that knocks adversary to the ground. Punch button determines the angle of the blast. LP (65° Angle) MP (55° Angle) HP (45° Angle) LEVEL 1

Embrace of Poseidon QCBx2+P: (Command Grab) One of the 66 Secret Arts. Iranthe envelops her foe massive water spout that does minimal damage but the leaves defenseless against her impending assault. LEVEL 2

Tsunami of Oceanus - QCFx2+K: One of the 66 Secret Arts. Ianthe slams both of her fist into the ground creating a massive wave of ki that washes over her foe, encapsulates them, carries them towards the edge of the screen at blistering, and explodes on impact. LEVEL 3

• Critical art: After the wave explodes, her foes staggers forward, Ianthe rushes forward takes them off of their feet with a vicious left arm lariat.

Reasons to be in SF6:

After toiling away for years in near isolation, Ianthe sees the Nayshall Martial Arts tournament as way to gauge her strength. The tournament is broadcast globally. It would demonstrate her physical aptitude for all to see. With the time of the prophecy come and gone, Ianthe sees the opportunity to show the Secret Society that is she who should take the reigns of leadership.

Note: All of Ianthe's techniques are named for Greed Gods or Titans of water (There is no technique tied to Pontus, I thought more than six special moves would be pushing it.)

• Achelous – Greek Water God that emerged from the Achelous River

• Aegaeon - Greek God of Violent Sea Storms

• Amphitrite – Greek Queen of the Sea and consort to Poseidon

• Benthesikyme – Greek Goddess of Waves, presided over the sea of Ethiopia

• Brizo – Greek Patron Goddess of Sailors and Fisherman

• Ceto – Greek Goddess of the Hidden Dangers of the Deep. Wife of Phorcys

• Charybdis – Daughter of Poseidon, cursed by a Zeus and turned into a water craving sea monster for aiding her father in his battle against Zeus.

• Cymopoleia – Greek Goddess of Violent Sea Currents and Wave during storms

• Delphin – Leader of Dolphins, Servant of Poseidon. Helped convince Amphirite that Poseidon's affection was genuine

• Glaucus – Fisherman's Sea-God, mortal that ate magical herb and transformed into a fish tailed god

• Hydrus – Primeval God of Waters that emerged from Chaos along side Gaea

• Leucothea – Sea Goddess that aided distressed sailors. Formerly Princess Ino, she was forced to leap to her death into the sea with her infant son Melicertes by Hera. The Olympian Gods transformed her into Leucothea and transformed her into a sea goddess

• Nereus – Greek God of Sea's Rich Bounty of Fish, the old man of the sea

• Nerites – Young Sea God that was turned into a shell-fish by Aphrodite for rejecting her invitation to Olympus

• Oceanus – Titan God of Primordial Waters

• Palaemon – Young Sea God, protector of sailors in danger. Formerly Melicertes, son of Princess Ino. Fell to his death into the sea along side his mother due to Hera's wrath. The Olympian Gods transformed him into Palaemon the young sea god.

• Pontus – Primeval God of the Sea. Fathered most of the ancient sea gods with Gaea

• Phorcys – Primeval Sea God of the Hidden Dangers of the Deep. Husband of Ceto.

• Proteus – Ancient Sea God. Had the power of prophecy and shape shifiting.

• Tethys – Titan Goddess of Fresh Water and the mother of rivers. Wife of Oceanus

• Thalassa – Primeval Spirit of the Sea and consort of Pontus.

Edited by Darc_Requiem