Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Capcom expects me to believe this guy joined the military, left, became a PMC and was successful enough to become a trainer/mentor at 22? Did he skip high school wtf

lol he had become a mentor atleast late 20s. they should at least point out its on specific like MMA not levels like sf2 characters  

On 12/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, ShockDingo said:

My hope is that with the way he's set up business(es?) an identity of influence, distinct lack of resemblance to Seth & Abel, and the familiarity with Bison, I hope he's not a Prime Field. I do hope that he's the fellow student, it could be a cool touch to add to Bison (and hopefully Rose's) mythos. It'd be interesting if he was not as strong a student as Bison in terms of  raw bural power, but still learned psycho power without falling entirely into its corruption, thus allowing him to have the demonstrated greater variety in usage.  I think it could be cool if Oro was aware of JP and saw his unique approach to it and thus found Bison's usage of PS to be disappointing. Bison is great, powerful, and post-human via psycho power; he uses it to fly, teleport, cheat death etc, but it's interesting seeing how JP uses it. He wields it like his staff, a weapon, rather than him essentially being Psycho power incarnate (Bison). It's like JP holds it, but has enough distance from it that he's not burning down with the house, if that makes sense?

I feel you can make JP interesting and dangerous without selling him in a way that punks or diminishes Bison (the DBZ/shonen method of the next guy is always more powerful than the last rather than thinking and fighting different/ smarter), but also show the diverting path between the two men. If JP was varied and subtle and built his empire while looking at what worked and didn't work for Bison, it could make for some interesting scenarios.

You mean the JP and Vega relationship is similar to the John Kreese and Terry Silver relationship.

Well if timeskip is just 4 years (we don't know) he may have been 18 in SFV and 22 in SF6, but i'm not sold on that

But one detail is SFV Luke (beside ìlooking older than 18) is drinking beer with Guile

Game Informer] Street Fighter 6 Art Director breaks down each revealed  character design, confirms Luke/Jamie/Kimberly as the new gen  Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li Capcom | Page 4 | ResetEra

if they sticked with american drinking laws, you must be at least 21 years old

Plus also going by look and built, how Guile talk to him man to man and how Luke had the time to train, fight and build already a pretty good reputation in the army make me feel the 22yo Luke is the SFV one

If this is true imagining a 5 years timeskip (wonder if we will ever know how many years is) would be 22 in SFV -> 27 in SF6

Even if of course in SF every age is a blurry hidden number that will be used by Capcom as they prefer, so would not be so sure about math... my 2cent, Luke SF6 age should just be considerd as still-young-but-older-than-SFV-Luke 😄

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS III27 years old would put Luke in the same age range as Ryu and Ken in SF2. That's a sold starting point IMO.

Yeah would make it also a good age for "older brother" figure for the young Buckler new recruits

Of course we can make our WT char old as much we want, but i consider the standard young black guy (the one used in all trailers) to be the "ideal character", as the one giving you the perspective they had in mind making WT, and he seems to be in 18-20 range

Also Bosch (who looks of similar age) being our rival make me feel it may have sense imagine that kind of protagonist

Btw again is very possible we will never find out Luke's age or even lenght of timeskip

Best tool we have so far imho is Li Fen, her being about 10yo in SFV and about 15yo in SF6 make sense to me

Chun_li Li_fen GIF - Chun_li Li_fen Kid - Discover & Share GIFssolidsmax chun li and li fen in street fighter hell in the heaven  @living-hell-xxx

My guess is that Luke's appearance in V is canon and it's just the developers using confusing terminology, he might be meant to be 22 in SFVI and younger in SFV (or maybe they have his age as a general frame of reference and it's not meant to be taken too literally), and SFVI might be set anywhere from a few to several years after SFV/Third Strike. Li Fen looks somewhere around 9 to 12 years in SFV and SFIII, and she looks 14 to 16 in VI, so it's at least a 4 years timeskip to me.

7 hours ago, JustBooming said:

c.f. Luke's age, I think Nakayama was heading this discussion off at the pass when he said he regarded Luke in SFV as a guest character

Well that would make sense, for bunch of reasons 

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

So Luke appearance in SFV is not canon?

For sure there's a thing that make no sense canon wise in SFV events 

His default V design have him as MMA fighter heavy sponsored by Buckler (the pmc he works for in SF6), but in theory he still have nothing to do with the company 

Is'nt even the only, Ed (and Falke) default V design also does'nt have much sense with V timeline, he's in full NS uniform but we don't see him start the organization, till an hint at the very last 

The Ed we see during most of V story in theory is the white hoodie one that still looks like a teenager with skinny body (think ASF one) 

Is true that with his not-natural genetic he grow fast af, but still we see him as much leaner during ASF and also Bengus portray him in young version... 

Too bad, imho younger, smaller, agile Ed with low health that still use boxing but had to compensate a lot the size/power gap with smart brain PP shit would have been a cooler and more unique char, but guess they found easier have him as generic "Ryu size" fighter

Then we have Kage 

Well on reality Kage is not "wrong" (beside being a crap clone), but worth to be mentioned as most people imho did'nt realize a physical/tangible Kage does'nt exist and the design making him look "real" does'nt help much (if they really wanted this shit, they should have gone with more ghost-like concepts they dropped) 

Any fight involving Kage in theory is happening within the mind/soul of his opponent 

Cool to see she wear the helmet in the winning pose, she put it on the ground in her pre-fight intro 

Btw the whole greek warrior gimmick feel kinda strange considering her moveset is all named after roman legionary stuff 

At this point would have more sense have moves named after Herakles*, Achilles, Ares etc 

*her wrestling the lion is big wink imho

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

What is she is saying to that pretender!

CS2Z3ym.png

GIktzNU.png

There's gotta be a clue there somewhere!

The first blue one is the commentator: "A match where we didn't know who was going to win until the end! Both contestants deserve an applause!"
Then, Marisa: "I wanted a more satisfying fight, though." She seems slightly disappointed.
Love that she carries away her opponent after the win.

There's also Manon's quote to Dee Jay. Ryoredcyclone notes that she seems to be posting on Instagram.

Fka7eUzagAA672T?format=jpg&name=medium

"Well, my dear followers! I'm going to post this match too!"

Marisa forward throw is the awesomeness, they really found a way to  give her style unique vibe

Love that both throws we seen so far have her pin you down and land a big punch, keep her big punches gimmick going on rather than switch to full grappling

18 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Love that she carries away her opponent after the win.

I swear this shot remind me something but i can't point what, i'm torn between Saint Seiya and Hokuto no Ken (and Marisa could fit both lol)

Her honorable warrior personality is a nice surprise, first time i seen her design i thought kinda the opposite

18 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

There's also Manon's quote to Dee Jay. Ryoredcyclone notes that she seems to be posting on Instagram.

"Well, my dear followers! I'm going to post this match too!"

Wonder if she's going to interact with Rashid due him being some sort of influencer too 😄

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

In JP? Who wouldn't be! He's a fraud! #TeamMarisa #MakeSFGreatAgain

Your fanatism may doom SF to a parody-level endless recycle, but gotta give props, you know no rest 😄

(and now i expect some shit like "Psycho Power never sleep!")

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Hey guys, I'm on break so I'm working on videos again, can anyone tell me where is this image from?

spacer.png

may be wrong but would say late SF2 era Bengus

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Hey guys, I'm on break so I'm working on videos again, can anyone tell me where is this image from?

spacer.png

This is going PURELY by memory, but I am relatively sure this is from a Super Turbo series of illustrations that came out and were included with cards. I had the entire set of cards (and still do somewhere) and remember that picture from those cards.

Bengus was doing a lot of those style of pics leading up and through Street Fighter Alpha 1

EDIT: Also I'm not saying the art was done FOR the cards BTW...just that that piece of art was in the SFII Super Turbo card set. I can check some art books I have to see if any of them show this in it as well.

Edited by YagamiFire
On 12/19/2022 at 10:17 PM, Daemos said:

They have been good with time since SF4. Mel Masters is also our clock. If we see Mel, we can tell what time it is.

Only if Capcom provide Mel's exact age in SF6 like they did with him in SF3 NG/2I. Appearances can always be deceiving. Even Mel's in 5 is weird... He looks like 2 yo (his age) in Ken's story mode and around 3 or 4 in Shadow Falls. Secondary characters appearance aren't good to measure how much time have passed. Take Datta and Chris/Amy for an example.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, CESTUS III said:

Best tool we have so far imho is Li Fen, her being about 10yo in SFV and about 15yo in SF6 make sense to me

I guess Li-Fen in Shadow Falls is actually younger than that. In Shadaloo CRI she's 125cm... that would place her at around 6-7 years old.... Unless she's really tiny.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, CESTUS III said:

Then we have Kage 

Well on reality Kage is not "wrong" (beside being a crap clone), but worth to be mentioned as most people imho did'nt realize a physical/tangible Kage does'nt exist and the design making him look "real" does'nt help much (if they really wanted this shit, they should have gone with more ghost-like concepts they dropped) 

Any fight involving Kage in theory is happening within the mind/soul of his opponent 

Kage is actually a manifestation of SNH, without a body.  Just like with Psycho Power, Capcom decided to make SNH mundane and any fighter that devotes his life only to fighting can "awaken" SNH and manifest their own Kage (Shadow). That became clear in SF5 Sagat's story mode.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, CESTUS III said:

Well if timeskip is just 4 years (we don't know) he may have been 18 in SFV and 22 in SF6, but i'm not sold on that

But one detail is SFV Luke (beside ìlooking older than 18) is drinking beer with Guile

if they sticked with american drinking laws, you must be at least 21 years old

Plus also going by look and built, how Guile talk to him man to man and how Luke had the time to train, fight and build already a pretty good reputation in the army make me feel the 22yo Luke is the SFV one

If this is true imagining a 5 years timeskip (wonder if we will ever know how many years is) would be 22 in SFV -> 27 in SF6

Even if of course in SF every age is a blurry hidden number that will be used by Capcom as they prefer, so would not be so sure about math... my 2cent, Luke SF6 age should just be considerd as still-young-but-older-than-SFV-Luke 😄

On 12/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, JustBooming said:

c.f. Luke's age, I think Nakayama was heading this discussion off at the pass when he said he regarded Luke in SFV as a guest character

That was probably Nakayama dodging a bullet about Luke info. He's in the game. His story fits without conflicting others. It tells his origin. There's no reason for it to not being canon. Unless there's something else for him regarding that in SF6. Which doesn't seem to be the case since one of the pictures in his panel is of him training EXACTLY like in SFV. There could be also a possibility that panel not having anything to do with the SF6 story.

The beer is an interesting detail... the thing is that we doesn't know how much time have passed since his Luke's (specifically) SF5 story and SF6. Nakayama mentioned that the stories in SF5 can go past SF3. Luke could be one of them. Maybe the time gap of his encounter with Guile up to his story in SF6 is only an year.

18 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

spacer.png

THAT should have been the photograph that Helen/Kolin could have given to Nash in Shadow Falls.

Tracking down the origin (or first time puiblished) of SF art back in the 90's is kinda complicated.

This artwork  came from a set of 4 (as far as I know) pictures:

-Guile and (bad teeth) Nash;

-A crying Blanka hugging his mother Samantha;

-Ken and Eliza getting married;

-A kid Chun-Li with her (blurry face) father.

The compilation artbooks mention these 4 artworks coming from Hadoken no Nazo (Mysteries of the Hadoken) book. But I'm pretty sure that in the (really) old thread, it was mentioned that those were first published on a Super Famicon VG magazine.

Even those books sometime publish wrong info. The SSF2Turbo full body artwork that we know was first published on Gamest SSF2 special in 1993. Capcom NEVER mentioned that. Just like the Cammy sketches being for SFZ3, when in fact they were meant for X-Men VS Street Fighter.

I'd point out with the Luke "guest character" thing that that likely refers to timing. Just because Luke is in the game does not mean he is there at the TIME of the game. Luke's story likely takes place between the events of SFV and SF6. A precursor to 6.

My estimate would be that not long before SF6, Luke decided to leave the military at about the age of 21 and post-SFV Guile went to talk to him about that as per his story. It might have only been a short time since then that Luke has had his braces removed and joined the PMC as a trainer. Transitioning from military to PMC is not weird and with Luke's level of skill it's more than believable.

A young Luke fights in MMA while also being in the military. He could do this for years for all we know from 18-21. At 21 he decides to leave the military and shares a drink with Guile, having just become old enough to drink. At 22 (just a year after the events of him leaving the military) he's linked up with a PMC and, thanks to his skill and past record, is made a trainer.

3 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Only if Capcom provide Mel's exact age in SF6 like they did with him in SF3 NG/2I. Appearances can always be deceiving. Even Mel's in 5 is weird... He looks like 2 yo (his age) in Ken's story mode and around 3 or 4 in Shadow Falls. Secondary characters appearance aren't good to measure how much time have passed. Take Datta and Chris/Amy for an example.

I think the modelling of Mel in ASF was off. I remember doing the Mel Math in SRK, SF3 starts about 12-18 months after the end of ASF, so this is in line with Mel's age there.

I also agree with you about Li Fen's age -despite the fact that a 7 year old hacker makes no sense. I think that was her intended age. Her max age during ASF is 9 IMO. She's prepubescent.

59 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

I'd point out with the Luke "guest character" thing that that likely refers to timing. Just because Luke is in the game does not mean he is there at the TIME of the game. Luke's story likely takes place between the events of SFV and SF6. A precursor to 6.

My estimate would be that not long before SF6, Luke decided to leave the military at about the age of 21 and post-SFV Guile went to talk to him about that as per his story. It might have only been a short time since then that Luke has had his braces removed and joined the PMC as a trainer. Transitioning from military to PMC is not weird and with Luke's level of skill it's more than believable.

A young Luke fights in MMA while also being in the military. He could do this for years for all we know from 18-21. At 21 he decides to leave the military and shares a drink with Guile, having just become old enough to drink. At 22 (just a year after the events of him leaving the military) he's linked up with a PMC and, thanks to his skill and past record, is made a trainer.

Like @Lord_Vegapointed out, it's very possible that in the timeline of SF5's story, Luke's happens at the very end of its run (so 1-1.5 years after ASF or even later, possibly happening alongside SF3).

This means that not only is Luke the last character, but chronologically it is the latest character story. If Ed's character story take jump 6 months in the future, what's to stop Luke's from jumping much further. It isn't tied to anyone or anything.

18 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

I guess Li-Fen in Shadow Falls is actually younger than that. In Shadaloo CRI she's 125cm... that would place her at around 6-7 years old.... Unless she's really tiny.

Well, it's not easy try guess by look, but tbh would not trust much Capcom's stats either, example in ASF she looks bit taller than that (she does'nt seem so short next to shadaloo members that keep her hostage, imagining them in the 175/180 range)

But still guess we will never know lol

19 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Kage is actually a manifestation of SNH, without a body.  Just like with Psycho Power, Capcom decided to make SNH mundane and any fighter that devotes his life only to fighting can "awaken" SNH and manifest their own Kage (Shadow). That became clear in SF5 Sagat's story mode.

Yes and no imho 😄

Psycho Power as purple flames/ki is supposed to be visible in physical world like hadoukens and stuff like that, or indeed liike SnH red ki, but Kage was different thing

From what i understand "meet" Kage is more like have a nightmare while being awake, comparable to an hallucination that happen all within yourself (you don't even necessary wave limbs punching empty air, even if exactly what Akuma does, example Sagat had his clash while sitting still on a bench whole time), an external observer would see nothing aside see the victim have some sort of trance/seizure kind of state

It's comparable to the kind of Psycho Power effect that torment Ed and Falke in their sleep as a nightmare (except you're awake) or that drive Seth crazy making him/her attack Ed and Falke reacting to their PP

Sagat have indeed his own inner "kage" in the form of himself, a battle inside his own spirit (he win)

But after that he also receive a visit from Ryu's Kage too

Kage (Ryu one) seems simply a part of Ryu's spirit that can -or must- leave the body (maybe "pushed out" by Ryu's meditation? After all was still in the phase where tried to reject SnH), and uses that moment to invade the spirit of people that have some sort of SnH spiritual link with Ryu (Sagat and Akuma)

What i was saying is that lot people think Kage is some sort of ghost  that exist like an "hologram" that people can see and "fight" in our physical plan and that even bystanders would see him (some even think he have solid body lol)

What i was saying is that i think Capcom ambiguous depiction made the misunderstanding so common, even if following the story seem the most reasonable interpretation is we just seen events not with real eyes but with Sagat, Akuma and Ryu's pov showing us what was happening within their spirit

On bright side (at least for me) is that Ryu's acceptance of SnH existence at some point of his sfv training/meditation may canon  help us NOT have Kage/Eviryu crap stealing slots in SF6, praying cheap evilryu dlc money will not push them to change path lol

20 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

That was probably Nakayama dodging a bullet about Luke info. He's in the game. His story fits without conflicting others. It tells his origin. There's no reason for it to not being canon. Unless there's something else for him regarding that in SF6. Which doesn't seem to be the case since one of the pictures in his panel is of him training EXACTLY like in SFV. There could be also a possibility that panel not having anything to do with the SF6 story.

The beer is an interesting detail... the thing is that we doesn't know how much time have passed since his Luke's (specifically) SF5 story and SF6. Nakayama mentioned that the stories in SF5 can go past SF3. Luke could be one of them. Maybe the time gap of his encounter with Guile up to his story in SF6 is only an year.

Great thing that Nakayama info, don't think i eve hear that 👍

Yeah, the problematic part was the timing, SFV story itself felt authentic and how to develop Luke's character... i take SFV Luke story as Luke's past, never had doubt about it, problem was just about Luke living that during SFV days and still be 22 in SF6 after timeskip

But if we consider what you (and Nakayama) said and we assume Luke SFV arc (or at this poit ED's one too) may have happened not before timeskip, but DURING it (maybe even close to SF6) all would make more sense 👍

Only bit hard to place detail is see default Luke looking like this

luke-sfv-concept-art.jpg

already with Buckler (the PMC of SF6) as sponsor

My guess now is that what we see in SFV is Luke already is working for Buckler, at least as "promoter" athlete fighting with their sponsorship on (to attract in Buckler young wannabe fighters?)... we already seen in SF6 Buckler is a sponsor of MMA fights too with sign on the cage too

So basically SFV stories tell nothing about SFV Luke present, everything is from kid days to closer past like his last day in the US army... but we don't see the even closest past, as he already got hired by Buckler but we did'nt seen it happen

18 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Yeah now that i've read @Lord_Vegainfo about Nakayama's take on timeline, that's my position too

18 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

This sound reasonable as long MMA young Luke still in the military is'nt the same we see in SFV default as that one is already sponsored by the PMC

Unless we want consider by that point the PMC already noticed Luke and chosen to sponsor him without hire him as actual member (as in SF6), but sponsorships being involved feels a bit more legit pro fighter career and i'm not sure Luke could do it while serving in the army

We know Nash fought and won twice in the american biggest tournament (same later won 3 times by Ken) apparently while already being a soldier, but may be different kind of competition... kinda like you may have olympic boxing or world/continent/national -amateur- championship with athletes coming also from state forces like the army/police/firefighters etc to win a medal/title, but actual pro boxing with sponsorships, money and all other stuff being a different kind of thing

Greetings and Happy Holidays, everyone! 

I come with a question. Is there an archive of the old threads from the previous SRK website? There were a lot of nice theories and lore I'd like to revisit, particularly the Shadaloo/Himalayan stuff I saw a good few years back. I also remember some talk about the bell on Dictator's SF2 stage and the Shadaloo Base SFV(airport type stage)  connection. 

If not, thats fine. 

7 minutes ago, Irrononcibly said:

I come with a question. Is there an archive of the old threads from the previous SRK website? There were a lot of nice theories and lore I'd like to revisit, particularly the Shadaloo/Himalayan stuff I saw a good few years back. I also remember some talk about the bell on Dictator's SF2 stage and the Shadaloo Base SFV(airport type stage)  connection. 

If not, thats fine. 

Super Combo preserved SRK as an archive. Here are the links to the old thread. The OP has the links to the previous old threads. 

https://archive.supercombo.gg/t/the-ultra-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread/586509

20 minutes ago, Irrononcibly said:

If not, thats fine. 

I vaguely remember talking about those...

The bell in the airport stage is the same bell or similar bell to the one in the SF2 Thailand stage (which we can say was canonically destroyed thanks to Viper Aftermath). It's a nice detail that SFV has that goes to show that whoever were responsible for the lore in SF5 cared a lot despite the generally subpar execution.

rlvv30J.png

maxresdefault.jpg

If I remember anything else I'll edit this post.

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

No problem, anything for another servant of the dark lord!

p.s.

His theme is spelt "Irreconcilably" unless that is intentional on your part, in which case prepare to die! :bison:

I spelt it in a way reminiscent of 'anon' but with out the 'a' 

"Heh, heh, heh! How irritable for you to notice!" 

*warps* 

Edited by Irrononcibly
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

The bell in the airport stage is the same bell or similar bell to the one in the SF2 Thailand stage (which we can say was canonically destroyed thanks to Viper Aftermath). It's a nice detail that SFV has that goes to show that whoever were responsible for the lore in SF5 cared a lot despite the generally subpar execution.

rlvv30J.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Cool find, never noticed it 👍

Seems surely another bell, but same type/ style no doubt

A little bit late but....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Hope you have enjoyed the holiday with your loved ones.

On 12/22/2022 at 11:45 PM, CESTUS III said:

From what i understand "meet" Kage is more like have a nightmare while being awake, comparable to an hallucination that happen all within yourself (you don't even necessary wave limbs punching empty air, even if exactly what Akuma does, example Sagat had his clash while sitting still on a bench whole time), an external observer would see nothing aside see the victim have some sort of trance/seizure kind of state

Sagat have indeed his own inner "kage" in the form of himself, a battle inside his own spirit (he win)

But after that he also receive a visit from Ryu's Kage too

Kage (Ryu one) seems simply a part of Ryu's spirit that can -or must- leave the body (maybe "pushed out" by Ryu's meditation? After all was still in the phase where tried to reject SnH), and uses that moment to invade the spirit of people that have some sort of SnH spiritual link with Ryu (Sagat and Akuma)

What i was saying is that lot people think Kage is some sort of ghost  that exist like an "hologram" that people can see and "fight" in our physical plan and that even bystanders would see him (some even think he have solid body lol)

What i was saying is that i think Capcom ambiguous depiction made the misunderstanding so common, even if following the story seem the most reasonable interpretation is we just seen events not with real eyes but with Sagat, Akuma and Ryu's pov showing us what was happening within their spirit

On bright side (at least for me) is that Ryu's acceptance of SnH existence at some point of his sfv training/meditation may canon  help us NOT have Kage/Eviryu crap stealing slots in SF6, praying cheap evilryu dlc money will not push them to change path lol

Actually... I have another interpretation of Kage story.

Sagat, Gouki and Ryu fought him. He even managed to defeat them, they were inflicted some damage (Ryu is even holding his belly as if being pretty tired). Gouki didn't seem to be meditating, the same after the battle with Sagat and Ryu...

I believe Kage is more like a Freddy Krueger. Freddy met the ones he haunted in the dream world, however, he could physically harm (and kill) them. Even though an "spiritual" being, he still can affect people in the real world (like Ryu smelling Kage's blood). That's why Kage's winning quote to almost the whole roster revolves around dying. According to what he say about him being inside Gouki and keeping his own Kage at bay (meaning that the Kages might communicate between themselves), Gouki's Kage already "appeared" in the japanese version of SSF2X and was defeated by Gouki (when you finish the game against Gouki instead of Vega).

So I do believe that Kage actualy becomes tangible, being able to fight with its "owner". But of course that the fighter should be "receptive" for that. Think about an meditative state with an "opened" pineal gland. As long as it's open, the fighter is able to meet/fight it's Kage even in the physical plane. Of course that only endures for a small portion of time.

Come to think about it, even the part of Kage disappearing after learning that Ryu doesn't fear him anymore, resembles a lot how Nancy defeated him on the first Nightmare on Elm Street.