Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

19 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Trying to

gill-resurrection.gif

this mighty thread

What are your expectations for SFV newcomers after timeskip?

Necalli: Never heard from again

FANG: Working behind the scenes and still loyal to Bison. Probably gained control over his old organization fully and is utilizing them for his own ends with AKI as a subordinate

Rashid: He's rich so he's probably embroiled in struggles with JP on some level

Laura: Very popular so I could see her down the line along with Sean. Having a brother-sister both in the game would be cool and would inform both characters a lot

Ed: Works for JP but MAYBE is only trying to suss out what is up with the older guy. Maybe JP is keeping his Bison-side in check. My #1 hope for my main

Falke: NPC AF

Menat: Please come back, adorable hip-wiggle girl!

Zeku: Will show up at one point with Kimberly to 'test' her or something similar like giving encouragement.

Abigail: NPC for sure

Kolin: Still simping for Gill but not playable. NPC

Lucia: Banished to the shadow realm (likely a cameo tho)

Akira: POOF!

G: PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD! PRESIDENT..OF THE WORLD!

On 1/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, CESTUS III said:

What are your expectations for SFV newcomers after timeskip?

Necalli: Necalli had all the makings of a great addition to the SF universe. Could have tapped into Aztec mythology...but nope. Stuttering slime monster. Capcom completely shit the bed on this one. I don't think he'll be seen again.

FANG: A background character unless A.K.I. killed him already.

Rashid: Not sure where he goes. Rashid is already confirmed. He got justice for his friend in SFV. They'll probably play off his social media presence. 

Laura: Traveling the world continuing to shine a light on Matsuda Jiu Jitsu.  Fabio is a traditionalist who's likely taken over the dojo from Kinjiro (their grandfather). Sean is pursuing Ansatsuken training. I expect to see Laura playable in SF6 at some point. Although I think Sean maybe more likely since he isn't chucking the basketballs in the World Tour mini game.

Ed: Given JP's use of Psycho Power, Ed is likely going to have some sort of story tie-in to whatever JP's planning. Maybe using Neo-Shadaloo in an attempt to stop him.

Falke: I don't see her being made playable again. She'll probably be a background support system for Ed. Her arcade ending already hinted at a "supportive sister" role.

Menat: Given how well received she was by the fan base. I'd be surprised if she didn't show up again. Especially given her connection to Rose, who I expect to see as well. The two of them will likely be working together to stop the calamity Rose foresaw. 

Zeku: He seemed to be a hit. He definitely has an interesting path ahead of him thanks to them tying him directly to Strider. I'm guessing he'll continue progressing towards the founding of the Striders. Not sure if we see him SF6. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playable but I don't think there is a high chance.

Abigail: I don't expect to see Abigail in anything more than a cameo or background role.

Kolin: Her status depends heavily on what Capcom is going to do with Gill and the Secret Society. I have a bias for her since she is one of my top 2 played characters in SFV. Her gameplay was interesting and I think that gives her chance. A higher one than Gill if I'm to be honest. If he's going to continue to be in the background. Then Kolin would be his representative.

Lucia: She didn't resonate with the fans. So I think that will effect her chances. The devs clearly wanted to put Cody in the game. They've said as much. I expect him to show up and Lucia to be in support role to Cody. Be around just not on the playable roster.

Akira: She seemed to be a tip of the cap to the Rival Schools fans. I don't expect her to be in SF6 at all.

G: The interesting and mysterious boss of SFV will be back. The current SF6 dev team was in charge of SFV when G appeared and they continued to hint at his importance. I'd be stunned if they didn't pay that off in SF6. G will be DLC.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Necalli: I actually think he will be the Seth of SF6. They will bring him back late with near total re-imagining of his look and skills.

FANG: Either working behind the scenes through AKI or he has been usurped by his apprentice and is dead. Either way, he will fulfill his promise in ensuring Bison's return.

Rashid: What Yagami said.

Laura: Don't think she will be back.

Ed: Will fulfil his purpose.

Falke: NPC for sure

Menat: NPC bitch. Bring us Rose!

Zeku: Background character, but should return.

Abigail: NPC in the city.

Kolin: Replaced by the fire herald. NPC.

Lucia: She can fuck back to the 80s please.

Akira: Bye!

G: Either will play a critical role in the story, or Capcom will pretend this entire arc never happened.

19 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Rashid: Not sure where he goes. Rashid is already confirmed. He got justice for his friend in SFV. They'll probably play off his social media presence.

Idk to me the main drive for him may be discover that FANG, the assassin of his friend, is still alive... even if Rashid feels too nice/positive char to be used for a revenge arc

Btw is social media side may link him to Manon too!

Zeku: He seemed to be a hit. He definitely has an interesting path ahead of him thanks to them tying him directly to Strider. I'm guessing he'll continue progressing towards the founding of the Striders. Not sure if we see him SF6. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playable but I don't think there is a high chance.

If we are going to see another Bushinryu in SF6, was thinking if Kimberly may open the door to Guy's return... after all he's her Master and skipped SFV

I liked old-version Zeku much more than Guy, but i would be curious to see if they can use the timeskip as a chance to change some things of Guy to mak him stand out more

Kolin: Her status depends heavily on what Capcom is going to do with Gill and the Secret Society. I have a bias for her since she is one of my top 2 played characters in SFV. Her gameplay was interesting and I think that gives her chance. A higher one than Gill if I'm to be honest. If he's going to continue to be in the background. Then Kolin would be his representative.

Yeah, that's my take as well

She's way less problematic than Gill (as Bosses like him or Bison bring huge risk of steal spotlight from new villains), so make her playable and use her to update us about Gill stuff without need Gill

Plus would fit the story, we already seen Kolin debut like that in SFV... NPC first, then playable

Many things make her unique, hope to see her back too

Last but not least,  under Character Creation* perspective her counters and ice powers would be a priceless addition

*may contact you soon for a SF6 collaboration if you're interested, i'm working on something 😄

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

FANG: Either working behind the scenes through AKI or he has been usurped by his apprentice and is dead. Either way, he will fulfill his promise in ensuring Bison's return.

I don't remember, the FANG side story was supposed to be before or after ASF events?

Kolin: Replaced by the fire herald. NPC

-fan fiction mode on-

I absolutely LOVE the idea of fire herald, to the point i feel Gill figure will never feel truly complete till he get one lol

But in my mind ideal situation would be have both him (fire) and Kolin (ice) playable at same time, while Gill sit on his throne unplayable and  far from the action, just getting updates by his two servants

Cool part would be them having different roles, kinda like Rog and Vega

Kolin can keep do stuff like in ASF (with bit of fighting though), while Fire dude should be sent doing straight destructive shit 😄

Menat: NPC bitch. Bring us Rose

Idk dude, for many reasons i take Menat over Rose any day

Would like for her a situation similar to Kolin's, after all we already seen her working as Rose's  "agent" for most of SFV, would be ok with same situation

Hope they make her moveset more interesting though (wich would fit timeskip years training her Soul Power, she should be way more skilled today)

9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I don't remember, the FANG side story was supposed to be before or after ASF events?

After. Which confirmed that he survived ASF and that he did not abandon Bison.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of fire herald, to the point i feel Gill figure will never feel truly complete till he get one lol

Honestly it would be such a missed opportunity if they don't. In my mind, Bison has his kings, and Gill could have his 2 heralds representing his two sides.

Idk dude, for many reasons i take Menat over Rose any day

We could have both honestly, but I would not want Menat if she in anyway reduces the chances of Rose's return. After SF5, this was supposed to be her game with G. Now I'm not sure anymore.

This is my first post here, and I just want to say...

Luke's father Robert is Q.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Q is Robert Sullivan

I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else propose this theory.

Robert's concept art looks like it was made to match Q's official art: his hair color is the same as Q's, his shirt has a large collar reminiscent of Q's trench coat, and his facial features even match the contours of Q's mask (most notably the cheeks).

spacer.png

Possible story: Robert could feel that he was about to spontaneously combust (see Q's Total Destruction), so he started yelling about a bomb to clear out the mall and avoid hurting anyone in the explosion. G sensed Robert's immense discharge of Earth energy and warped in to rescue him, turning him into a cyborg to save his life. ("Robert" even sounds like "robot" in Japanese!) G figured that someone who so strongly resonates with Earth's natural energy would be a good ally/weapon to have in preventing the apocalypse, so he befriended the now-amnesiac Robert and took him under his wing, teaching him how to control his powers. G uses his powers to telepathically communicate with (and sometimes commandeer) Q, hence Q's 3rd Strike win quotes.

Luke's moveset appears to contain several references to Q in order to make the familial connection apparent:

spacer.png

Q's High Speed Barrage looks like a sloppy, projectile-free version of Luke's Rock Smasher/Vulcan Blast:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Luke's super is three identical hooks followed by multiple body blows followed by one final hook, and Q's is three identical hooks followed by a single body blow followed by one final hook:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Robert and Q are both often depicted with their backs turned to the camera:

spacer.png

The scene of people running away scared from Robert is also incredibly reminiscent of Q's intro animation:

spacer.pngspacer.png

So, yeah, this is obviously all just a theory, but it's one I feel very strongly about.

Edited by Ryce
20 hours ago, Daemos said:

Menat: NPC bitch. Bring us Rose!

You're crazy.  She was possibly SF5's most popular newcomer. 

18 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Last but not least,  under Character Creation* perspective her counters and ice powers would be a priceless addition

I hope this game gets Dudley, Balrog AND Ed, so I can make the most badass boxer possible.

Edited by DarthEnderX
8 hours ago, Ryce said:

This is my first post here, and I just want to say...

Luke's father Robert is Q.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Q is Robert Sullivan

I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else propose this theory.

Hey there, welcome to the forums, interesting theory! I don't know if it fully works though.

I'm not sure of how old Luke is, but recently Capcom basically confirmed that Q's been around since SF2; Wayne Nakamura's profile quietly confirms the "Q was in Ken's SF2 stage" theory. As a  result, I'm not sure if the timeline of Q being present that far back lines up with the terrorist attack that killed Luke's dad. Things get more complicated if we take Oro's Japanese win quote vs Q literally. On one hand it's a reference to the Robo Detective K show from the 70s, on the other, if to be taken seriously, it means that Q's been seen as is 25 years before 3s (1998/1999)

In my research, one of the weirder things I've encountered about Q is that there's some inconsistency on his skin colour. Some pictures, like in the one you posted, he looks Caucasian with blond hair, some ambiguously tanned or darker skinned. I actually grabbed the hex values from his sprites and rather than shadows, his skin seems to be darker brown;

I discuss this in an old video, but his ending seems to point to there being some implied connection to CIA agent, David Spender:

Out of all the 3 agents, David matches Q the most; tall, male, having a white shirt and red tie. David's been described as being laid back & easy going, and he looks it in most of his art, but he gets strangely intense, asking Gillian if they know what his face looks like and, at the start of the conversation, he correctly guesses what her presentation is about to the point she cracks a joke about him being telepathic.  Another thing to note is that of all the agents, David is just in the shirt and slacks, no jacket. We never see what order they leave the room, but "someone" gets dressed and it looks like Q passes in front of the projector, but in a more casual way than we typically see him.  The main thing that throws a wrench into the Q-David connection is the blond hair in your picture and a few sprites in game. That, plus G's concept art has led me to believe that G has multiple followers or Q's. Q himself though seems to be a special case. Everyone, except for him has a hockey styled mask that they can freely remove, but Q is literally locked into his mask and the dev notes note that there should be a keyhole on one side and described him as seemingly being controlled from behind the scenes.

One of my theories is that David may know more than he lets on, or is Clark Kenting and is a Q and Gillian's presentation has him so scared because it means the other Q's are coming after him, or he's learning he's not the only one out there and something's very very wrong. He may have rebelled against G and as a result was punished, locked into the mask, but he escaped. Just my theories, hard to say what they intended with Q back in the 90s vs now and whether anything will be retconned or not.

Going back to the connections between Q and Luke part of your post, I don't know if there's something there or a connection, but Luke described his dad as very ordinary except for that one moment. No mention of military service from what I can remember. I think Luke got all his fight training from US armed forces and MMA, with his focus on his dad being ordinary, it doesn't seem like he got any training.

Q's high speed slap move looks a bit more sloppy and varied to me. Luke's very much punching energy projectiles horizontally, but Q is swiping wildly and several of his swipes go from low, to medium, to high.

Edited by ShockDingo
1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

In my research, one of the weirder things I've encountered about Q is that there's some inconsistency on his skin colour. Some pictures, like in the one you posted, he looks Caucasian with blond hair, some ambiguously tanned or darker skinned. I actually grabbed the hex values from his sprites and rather than shadows, his skin seems to be darker brown;

Problem is it's still undeniable the SF3 sprite have visible blond hair (also in the SF3 cover pic used by Ryce he have visible hair), while David is a bald guy

Even in the joke pic Kinu Nishimura made with unmasked Q he's portrayed as a tall white man with blond/light hair, of course it's not supposed to be Q, but still is supposed to match what you can see of Q when masked

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

The main thing that throws a wrench into the Q-David connection is the blond hair in your picture and a few sprites in game. That, plus G's concept art has led me to believe that G has multiple followers or Q's. Q himself though seems to be a special case. Everyone, except for him has a hockey styled mask that they can freely remove, but Q is literally locked into his mask and the dev notes note that there should be a keyhole on one side and described him as seemingly being controlled from behind the scenes.

Problem to this point is that to show visible hair is not one of "G followers", but without doubt the Q whe see playable in SF3

Two more things that make me doubt

Height: we don't know Q's official height, but he seems very tall person, while David is listed as 183cm (6'0"), wich while above average does'nt seem tall enough imho

This also does'nt help much Robert theory either, as Robert was 182cm(5'9")

Age wise also we have bit a problem... you just told Ryce that Robert does'nt seem to be old enough to fit what we know of Q... wich i can agree with, but reality is from what we seen David is even younger than Robert

Robert looks in his 40s in a flashback set around 10 years before SFV, David looks in his 30s in SF3

Even if we want cosider anime style art is'nt exactly ideal to guess age, and we want add some tolerance to make it work, guess at best we can say Robert and David are "close" age wise

In all this imho we are simply ignoring the elephant in the room

We have a man who's blond, very tall and of unknown age.

He even have a single-letter name and fight in a way clearly designed to link him with Q 😄

May add that he feels familiar to Gill, and going by Kolin quotes Secret Society feels a strong candidate for who put a mask on Q

See example what she says to Gief "We could use a powerful vessel like yours in the new world." or what they did to Nash

But again, we don't know

Even G is'nt solid theory till confirmed, seems just to have much more going on

Btw to give some  benefit of the doubt to@Rycetheory one interesting thing about Robert is that IF is body was taken after the explosion would not be that different from what Secret Society did to Nash body after he was killed in SFA

Guess lot of this theory hopes depend on how much they're willing to dig on Luke past, if the terrorist attack/dad thing are supposed to be simply something to motivate him or if there's more

Considering JP thing seems became more a Ken thing, wonder what they planned to make feel Luke the protagonist in SF6 story

Would add is possible SF6 (or SF7)  people may have something different in mind than whatever it was planned by SF3 team

PS: just throwing here a theory that may allow to ignore Q being around for decades already... what if "Q" is not ever the same person, but simply when a one Q get destroyed/die they put the mask on next designed person, who become the new Q

If they pick people with similar height/build (maybe because they consider that the ideal standard for a candidate) for who see him wihout know anything can seem the same person through decades

Consider also that in SF3 very modern times CIA have only few bad pics of him, guess anything they got on Q of decades ago does'nt go much beyond "man with metal mask, hat and trenchcoat"

Things get more complicated if we take Oro's Japanese win quote vs Q literally. On one hand it's a reference to the Robo Detective K show from the 70s, on the other, if to be taken seriously, it means that Q's been seen as is 25 years before 3s (1998/1999)

I always just took Oro's quote as a tongue-in-cheek reference to Robot Detective since the show aired exactly 25 years before 3rd Strike.

Out of all the 3 agents, David matches Q the most; tall, male, having a white shirt and red tie.

David is only 6' tall and weighs 161 pounds, whereas Q is at least 6'6" (he's taller than Urien) and much heavier than that. And like you said, David is bald and Q has short blonde hair.

Going back to the connections between Q and Luke part of your post, I don't know if there's something there or a connection, but Luke described his dad as very ordinary except for that one moment. No mention of military service from what I can remember. I think Luke got all his fight training from US armed forces and MMA, with his focus on his dad being ordinary, it doesn't seem like he got any training.

Luke is wearing his father's military dog tags around his neck. You can also see Robert wearing them in his concept art.

spacer.png

Edited by Ryce
5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw to give some  benefit of the doubt to@Rycetheory one interesting thing about Robert is that IF is body was taken after the explosion would not be that different from what Secret Society did to Nash body after he was killed in SFA

I believe Robert was badly injured in the explosion and was rebuilt as a cyborg, much like the Six Million Dollar Man. His limbs aren't real, and that's why he's taller than before.

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

You're crazy.  She was possibly SF5's most popular newcomer. 

I hope this game gets Dudley, Balrog AND Ed, so I can make the most badass boxer possible.

Well, Ed already in

Balrog guess have decent chances due fitting lot SF6 style and possibly connection with Ed. There could be even possibility of him working for Urien now, he need a new source of money after ASF and Urien paid him well

Dudley idk... he is by far my favourite SF boxing rep, but not so sure about his chances if they plan to make Eagle return (see Ken SF6 jacket) with both being similar dressed stache english gentlemen lol

dudley-walkback.gifeagle_walk.gif

Even if to be fair, they can (and likely will)  radically change the design of one or both to the point they don't have much resemblance anymore

For what's worth if we speak about returning characters the Cestus Season 1 as we speak will likely be this 😄

https://i.ibb.co/8rcqgwM/S1cestus.jpg

28 minutes ago, Ryce said:

I believe Robert was badly injured in the explosion and was rebuilt as a cyborg, much like the Six Million Dollar Man. His limbs aren't real, and that's why he's taller than before.

That's a possibility, would not be THAT crazy for SF world

But to be fair, we can proof lot of theories using SF tolerance on crazy shit 😄

But on other side, one interessing thing is Robert being an US army dead soldier push him even closer to Nash situation

Unless they're just quick at grab them is possible through their channels within governments Secret Society have access to dead US soldiers bodies

Considering it was big explosion Robert body disappearing could have been dismissed as "explosion left nothing, completely destroyed it"

I'm still not fully sold on anything regarding Q, but admit Robert as candidate present less problems than David

14 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Problem is it's still undeniable the SF3 sprite have visible blond hair (also in the SF3 cover pic used by Ryce he have visible hair), while David is a bald guy

Even in the joke pic Kinu Nishimura made with unmasked Q he's portrayed as a tall white man with blond/light hair, of course it's not supposed to be Q, but still is supposed to match what you can see of Q when masked

Problem to this point is that to show visible hair is not one of "G followers", but without doubt the Q whe see playable in SF3

Two more things that make me doubt

Height: we don't know Q's official height, but he seems very tall person, while David is listed as 183cm (6'0"), wich while above average does'nt seem tall enough imho

Age wise also we have bit a problem... you just told Ryce that Robert does'nt seem to be old enough to fit what we know of Q... wich i can agree with, but reality is from what we seen David is even younger than Robert

Robert looks in his 40s in a flashback set around 10 years before SFV, David looks in his 30s in SF3

Even if we want cosider anime style art is'nt exactly ideal to guess age, and we want add some tolerance to make it work, guess at best we can say Robert and David are "close" age wise

In all this imho we are simply ignoring the elephant in the room

We have a man who's blond, very tall and of unknown age.

He even have a single-letter name and fight in a way clearly designed to link him with Q 😄

May add that he feels familiar to Gill, and going by Kolin quotes Secret Society feels a strong candidate for who put a mask on Q

See example what she says to Gief "We could use a powerful vessel like yours in the new world." or what they did to Nash

But again, we don't know

Even G is'nt solid theory till confirmed, seems just to have much more going on

Guess lot of this theory hopes depend on how much they're willing to dig on Luke past, if the terrorist attack/dad thing are supposed to be simply something to motivate him or if there's more

Considering JP thing seems became more a Ken thing, wonder what they planned to make feel Luke the protagonist in SF6 story

Would add is possible SF6 (or SF7)  people may have something different in mind than whatever it was planned by SF3 team

PS: just throwing here a theory that may allow to ignore Q being around for decades already... what if "Q" is not ever the same person, but simply when a one Q get destroyed/die they put the mask on next designed person, who become the new Q

If they pick people with similar height/build (maybe because they consider that the ideal standard for a candidate) for who see him wihout know anything can seem the same person through decades

Consider also that in SF3 very modern times CIA have only few bad pics of him, guess anything they got on Q of decades ago does'nt go much beyond "man with metal mask, hat and trenchcoat"

Yup, I pointed out that one of the things that messes with my theory is the blond hair.

You got my point wrong about the dates, I'm not talking about ages of Q, or Robert, or David, but more about the timing of when Luke lost his dad vs when Q's been seen. I have no idea when the incident happened, but for the heck of it, let's say Luke was 10 when Robert died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nakayama recently say Luke in SF6 is in his early 20s/ younger than we all thought? If Luke is like 22 in SF 6 and SF 6 is like like 2005, then wouldn't the accident take place around 1993, but SF2 vanilla is '92? My math could be wrong and a lot of this is shakey due to not knowing how far SF3 to SF6 is and how old Luke is, but my point is that I think Q was spotted before the attack.

You've got a point about David's age, unless if part of his modification (if he's related to Q) could slow his aging, but this is a HUUUGE bit of speculation on my part with no real grounds to stand on.

I' ve mentioned it before, but Gill doesn't know who Q is or even if he feels familiar. He says "Even I, in all my omnipotence, can’t understand… Who are you?” in the Japanese win quotes. G appeared after a Shadow Falls and is gaining popularity over time, Gill unveils himself via his livestream due to his influence and eventually SF3 happens. Q's been confirmed to be the man in Ken's stage in SF2 & Viper's profile states she's looking into him as of SFV. A viewer on one of my videos even said it's possible she was chasing Q, but ran into Urien in the old SIN lab due to the mention of murders, but I dunno.  Another issue is that even though the investigation officially kicks off in Q's ending (not sure exactly when it's supposed to take place), Q's been seen randomly for so long that he became an urban legend and public inquiry to the CIA forced Richard Burgman to put out a public statement that they can't confirm or deny "the Trench Coat Man" existing.  This was from the old SF3 site.  G being Q after getting beat by Gill wouldn't fit with the timeline or the quote.

14 hours ago, Ryce said:

I always just took Oro's quote as a tongue-in-cheek reference to Robot Detective since the show aired exactly 25 years before 3rd Strike.

David is only 6' tall and weighs 161 pounds, whereas Q is at least 6'6" (he's taller than Urien) and much heavier than that. And like you said, David is bald and Q has short blonde hair.

Luke is wearing his father's military dog tags around his neck. You can also see Robert wearing them in his concept art.

spacer.png

Good point about the heights, I forgot they gave David official measurements in SF5. Ah, got me with the dogtags, I forgot about that for Robert, hah. Still not sure that Luke got training as a kid like Gohan though or had a chance to see his dad fight, though, it's possible that after his death and him joining the armed forces, he looked more into his dad's past and found footage of him fighting? Thing is, I don't know if he was part of the special military martial arts guys like Charlie, Guile, and Luke himself. Not a lot of info has been given on his dad for me to fully discount anything.

I hope we learn more about Luke in SF6.

On the subject of Q, I do hope that he and G aren't totally absent in SF6. With Nakayama and Matsumoto putting a lot of focus on G and still being the same team working on SF6, I hope they address some of the story beats, cause there's a lot of interesting stuff they can do. One thing that gives me hope is that Nakayama's gone on record saying the team is aware of how people are trying to tie G, Q, the G file and other things together and it pleases them, so here's hoping. At the very least, I hope he gets some appearances in world tour mode as a teaser before and potential DLC.

I'd love to see what SF6 can do with G or Q from aesthetics to how they'd tweak their designs for new costumes.

As a parting thought, tne thing I think some of us can agree on is the theory that Q is Dorai doesn't work. I...just never liked that theory lol

7 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

You got my point wrong about the dates, I'm not talking about ages of Q, or Robert, or David, but more about the timing of when Luke lost his dad vs when Q's been seen. I have no idea when the incident happened, but for the heck of it, let's say Luke was 10 when Robert died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nakayama recently say Luke in SF6 is in his early 20s/ younger than we all thought? If Luke is like 22 in SF 6 and SF 6 is like like 2005, then wouldn't the accident take place around 1993, but SF2 vanilla is '92? My math could be wrong and a lot of this is shakey due to not knowing how far SF3 to SF6 is and how old Luke is, but my point is that I think Q was spotted before the attack.

Luke is 11 when Robert (at the age of 51) died:

spacer.png

Again, it's pointless trying to track down Luke's age at the moment. He's said to be 22, but WHEN? SF5? SF6? I think Mel and the Nayshall incident might solve this if Capcom gives us his age OR the time gap between Shadow Falls (or 3rd Strike) and the main events of SF6 (bearing in mind that, just like SF5, SF6 could also have a "stretchy" timeline).

Oh, and SF2 is now officially set in 1991. I'm pretty sure soon Capcom will drop the events year and will just give us the timespan between the game's main events...

14 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Good point about the heights, I forgot they gave David official measurements in SF5. Ah, got me with the dogtags, I forgot about that for Robert, hah. Still not sure that Luke got training as a kid like Gohan though or had a chance to see his dad fight, though, it's possible that after his death and him joining the armed forces, he looked more into his dad's past and found footage of him fighting? Thing is, I don't know if he was part of the special military martial arts guys like Charlie, Guile, and Luke himself. Not a lot of info has been given on his dad for me to fully discount anything.

I hope we learn more about Luke in SF6.

About Robert/Luke age:

Luke was supposed to be 22yo but is unclear when SFV Luke Story is set and if after his jump in SFV (wich was’nt initially planned apparently) is still supposed to be 22yo in SF6

We was speculating about it not long ago, we end up to the conclusion loose time range of SFV (wich can stretch also well after ASF events apparently) could make SFV story being not much before SF6

Two elements we get from there are Luke being at least 21yo in SFV (he drink beer in america), but also that Guile still have his SFV look, while we know time changed him a bit (muscle mass in particular, but also clothes choice and beard)

This lead me to believe Luke was 21-22 in SFV story and some years older after the timeskip in SF6

In a Capcom artwork is said flashback Luke was only 134cm tall, considering as adult is 185cm, guess he was like 11-12yo

EDIT: @Lord_Vegaconfirmed him to be 11yo, wich would make Robert 62yo (if was alive) when Luke reach 22

About Luke learning to fight from Robert:

I don’t think happened.

Luke knew dad was a soldier but never seen him much as a “fighter”, he was indeed very surprised to see him so strong during the terrorist emergency

Given how SF world works is possible Robert was also a skilled fighter but his son never knew, but i took it as he simply was the strong silent type that is unlikely to impress a kid, man that act quiet and get badass only when the situation require it.

This would not require much martial arts background, could have been just a very normal soldier with strong personality

Btw Q role itself would not necessary require exagerate martial arts knowledge (even if G with similar moveset seems to know multiple martial arts), as most of his moves are kinda basic and his effectiveness comes mostly from his crazy body being heavy and hard af

Luke almost surely got all his training in the US Army, he became elite because he was very very driven by his hate against terrorists/losing his dad and vent all that rage in training.

Curious detail about his design, the huge forearms (and his huge punching power) are likely a visual hint at him having worked 999999999 hours on the heavybag, something we seen him do in both SFV story and SF6 WT

The cool thing of this is that design-wise result is they sold you the fact that even if just for few years he obsessively trained like a madman

Another nice detail is that while very powerful at everything in many other kind of moves, is cool how only the punches show that visible SF/superhuman vibes (and his boxing is’nt even much refined), as to show most of his training has been obsessive heavy bag workout

Luke is bit a Rocky Marciano lol, he does’nt care much where or how he punches you, because will damage you regardless lmao

Remind me Louis quote on Marciano

“The Rock didn't know too much about the boxing book, but it wasn't a book he hit me with. It was a whole library of bone crushers.” – Joe Louis

About Q theory on general:

Don’t have much attachment to any candidate, i’m just trying to guess with the little details we know what can be the impact on this or that candidate chances

Example if we use David, Robert, G

Blond hair

David: no

Robert: possible (more light brown), compatible with cover art though

G: yes

Very tall

David: no

Robert: no, but possible if as@Ryce theorized his body has been rebuilt of different height after the explosion

G: yes

Been around many years*

David: very unlikely

Robert: possible

G: possible (looks in his 50s or 60s but really we don’t know shit about his age, very strange individual)

*but possible as i said before current Q has not been the first to wear the mask, so another person in the past could have been Q (think pirate Roberts in Princess Bride)

But to be fair again, we seen how easily SFV people reworked Gill-Urien dynamics, guess with Q they will have even more easy time rework stuff as they please… ignore small portion of visible hair to make David possible or ignore the “25 years” comment to have Robert, neither would surprise much lol

PS: i agree on Dorai ever been imho weakest theory, beside blond hair, would have been very weird see Q having zero Kung Fu going on in his moveset if he was supposed to be Dorai.

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

About Luke learning to fight from Robert:

I don’t think happened.

I don't think Robert taught Luke how to fight either; rather, I'm suggesting that they utilize similar attacks because they both learned how to fight in the Army. Guile and Nash have similar movesets because they were both trained by the U.S. Air Force, so it makes sense to me to apply that same logic to Luke and Robert.

Edited by Ryce

@RyceNash trained Guile, that's why their move sets are so similar. Nash is one of the most underrated fighters, from a lore standpoint, by the general fandom. He was a two time, back to back, All American Martial Arts champion. Ken broke his record when he got three in a row. Nash never got to go for three because well, he was shot to death by an Apache helicopter 😔

1 hour ago, Ryce said:

I don't think Robert taught Luke how to fight either; rather, I'm suggesting that they utilize similar attacks because they both learned how to fight in the Army. Guile and Nash have similar movesets because they were both trained by the U.S. Air Force, so it makes sense to me to apply that same logic to Luke and Robert.

I was'nt trying to disproof your idea of them fighting similar, just replying to @ShockDingothat question if Luke seen Robert as a fighter

Indeed Luke and Robert got likely same basic training in the army (Luke became very proficent at it, Robert we don't know)

Btw to be honest IF Robert will end up being Q, the similarity can be an "artistic" wink to show visually a relation between the two characters without need much canon explanation... plus in SF way of fighting is very much an expression of a person nature (think Ryu and Ken), so would not be crazy to think if father and son have similar character they also fight similar

But as @Darc_Requiemsaid Guile and Nash were kind of an exception

Nash was a genius who started from army style but then developed his own thing, and Guile similarity is due him learning from Nash

One cool thing is that i think in Guile we still see some of his army standard techniques training (one thing i ever liked is how "basic" Guile boxing stance feel compared to Nash stance), while Nash did lot in his own way

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RyceNash trained Guile, that's why their move sets are so similar. Nash is one of the most underrated fighters, from a lore standpoint, by the general fandom. He was a two time, back to back, All American Martial Arts champion. Ken broke his record when he got three in a row. Nash never got to go for three because well, he was shot to death by an Apache helicopter 😔

Yeah Nash is underrated af

Fun thing is that not only Nash would have won the title for a third time, but Ken would have not won his first... i think SF6 Ken will be as good or even better than Nash, but SFA/SF2 Ken sure was'nt

@CESTUS IIIYeah in the Zero/Alpha era Nash would have handled anyone not named Gen, Akuma, or Bison* on the roster. For the longest time, I assumed Bison was sandbagging, like Sidious in Revenge of the Sith, but ASF gives me some doubt. The Secret Society bought Nash back because he was strong enough to defeat Bison. Unfortunately for them and Nash, Bison in SFV was far stronger than his Alpha incarnation. 

*I'm 50/50 on Bison sandbagging after ASF

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think Nash is a high tier Street Fighter and it might have caught Bison by surprise* but I don't think Bison ever had any intention of really losing to him. Bison likes to toy with fighters as it wasn't enough to beat him in 1v1, he had destroy his spirit and let the corruption fester inside him until his last breath.

Which is why in SF5 Bison (in his character story) literally tells Nash when he will lose before they fight - He already knows what will happen so he pulled a Sidious on him. Even Viper who narrates Bison's character story comments about how Nash is utterly clueless on what or who is facing (In Nash's character story, it makes it clear that they never met before this moment). This is Bison's style when he doesn't think an opponent is worthy (and sometimes his arrogance backfires).

In retrospect, from Rose in A1/A2, and then in ASF, we now know the only way to really subdue Bison is to negate his power long enough to do physical damage. Rose can't muster enough Soul Power to do it consistently (and when she does she almost kills herself), Gill's gift to Nash was effective but insufficient to do lasting damage to the source, and now we have MNK - the only ki known in the SF universe to put a real dent in Bison's armor and send him back to hell.

* The SF2AM while not canon was the basis for many character traits in the SF universe. The way Bison chose to fight with Ryu and then Ryu/Ken demonstrates his personality type well. At the end, Bison was caught by surprise by Ryu and Ken's own level of fighting. His arrogance once again is his undoing.

Edited by Daemos
13 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

spacer.png

According to Capcom, Luke is 22 in this image. :bison:

On a more serious note, I find it interesting how similar the Q is Robert theory is to Q is Dorai. Robert makes more sense although it isn't seamless.

I would be fine with Robert being Q because:

1- It makes G actively recruiting Qs during the SF5 era.

2- It would give G and Q a legitimate reason to be in SF6 and I really want the Alphabets to be the big bad of SF6.

3- G could kill Luke for us. No seriously, he totally would and then we have a lukeless SF7.

With all this said, I think it is important that the identity of Q is never revealed. The mystery can always grow deeper and more convoluted, but it must never reach climax. Eternal Blueballs, Capcom. Do it!

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIYeah in the Zero/Alpha era Nash would have handled anyone not named Gen, Akuma, or Bison* on the roster. For the longest time, I assumed Bison was sandbagging, like Sidious in Revenge of the Sith, but ASF gives me some doubt. The Secret Society bought Nash back because he was strong enough to defeat Bison. Unfortunately for them and Nash, Bison in SFV was far stronger than his Alpha incarnation. 

Idk to me the problem was'nt Nash, i think ASF show it clear as they could that RASHID was the fail part of Secret Society plan

SS guessed right that Nash could defeat Bison and guessed right Nash would not be able to kill Bison unless somebody (Rashid) turn off the infinite lives cheat Moons

Rashid failed his part of the plan, Bison fully regenerated and as expected Nash could not kill Bison

14 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Idk to me the problem was'nt Nash, i think ASF show it clear as they could that RASHID was the fail part of Secret Society plan

I see you've fallen for that Illuminati Propaganda. Of course they want to blame it on the non-white protagonist, but it was THEY who are the fail parts. Their entire plan is nothing but a web of tomfoolery! It was NEVER their destiny to take out Bison! It's not THEIR PLACE to decide the fate of the universe!

#RyuXBison4Ever

edit- :bison:

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yup it's always been firmly my belief that Nash was/is intended to be towards the tippy-top of martial artists in the setting ESPECIALLY for someone using standard combat methods and not deep power wells like SnH or Psycho Power. Dude was intended to lose to Bison to set the benchmark for just how unnaturally powerful Bison is

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Yup it's always been firmly my belief that Nash was/is intended to be towards the tippy-top of martial artists in the setting ESPECIALLY for someone using standard combat methods and not deep power wells like SnH or Psycho Power. Dude was intended to lose to Bison to set the benchmark for just how unnaturally powerful Bison is

Yeah, specially considering he was also very young compared to other very elite fighters

But i would count SFA Nash to be "natural" like that, SFV one is definitely filled with "superpowers" shit lol 😄

Very likely not at Nash level, but while at it another underrated motherfucker was this guy

sf-adon.gif

Iirc during Alpha days dude goes through an hell of series

Sagat*: win

Ken: win

Akuma: lose badly

M.Bison: fight well but lose

*even if was depressed Sagat there. I think by design a focused Sagat is supposed to fuck him up (and Deejay)

But still think dude ever got little credit for how hard he tried lol 😄

8 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

The idea of Nash's new power being comparable to the SnH was, imo, a pretty cool plot point.

I think the point of the confrontation is to try to establish that Nash's new powers basically can negate a certain type of ki. Both Ryu and Nash were effectively limit testing their powers in a safe-ish space (not to the death) before moving on their journey.

During Alpha 3, it was observed and established that SNH is a sister power to Psycho Power. So it isn't a surprise that Nash is drawn to Ryu before MNK.

Edited by Daemos

To me, that scene established that they're both nerfed but they'll continue going forward anyway. For Ryu we see that he's always holding back the SNH in every fight. Zombie Nash destroyed Guile and he still had no idea what was going on with his body, then shortly after we see that his new body was already breaking down after fighting Urien.  It's crazy how the weakest Nash in the series casually walked up to Guile, Cammy and Chun-Li. He could take all 3 of them at once like a KOF boss.

R.I.P Nash.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, CESTUS III said:

But i got Alpha Cody > Alpha Ken

At that point would give Alpha Nash slight edge (???) over him though

All that bum did was beat up a bunch of jobbers alongside 2 other fighters. Cody breaking a wall with his fist is nothing when Karin (Sakura tier) and Chun-Li (jobber) knocked down those metal doors in SFV.

spacer.png

Despite being a side character, Nash has better feats than 80% of the cast who spend their time doing nothing. Nash was built different.

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Zombie Nash destroyed Guile and he still had no idea what was going on with his body, then shortly after we see that his new body was already breaking down after fighting Urien.  It's crazy how the weakest Nash in the series casually walked up to Guile, Cammy and Chun-Li. He could take all 3 of them at once like a KOF boss.

R.I.P Nash.

I don't think zombie Nash was the weakest version, not even at the start of ASF... Secret Society powers are hell of a boost, Guile was shocked too see Nash effortlessy block his sonic boom with one hand like a fucking Terminator

And that was Nash BEFORE the Urien fight, where Kolin says Nash still did'nt fully learned to use new body/powers

Guile was never good as Nash, but had the impression gap between them it's much more wide in SFV than it was during Alpha days

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

All that bum did was beat up a bunch of jobbers alongside 2 other fighters. Cody breaking a wall with his fist is nothing when Karin (Sakura tier) and Chun-Li (jobber) knocked down those metal doors in SFV.

Cody is a tricky one, because if we go seek his canon feats he does'nt have much to flex

Even in Final Fight, where he's supposed to be the protagonist, his feats are ridicolous minimal... sure he's the one to defeat Belger who had crossbow and bumnch of men helping him, but Belger himself was a shit fighter

But then we get to watch this MVP Guy

guy-cfestance.gif

who unlike Cody have lot of feats... in FF he does much more than him, Guy is the one to defeat the strongest Bosses, he beat Sodom, Rolento and Abigail

Then we also have SFA days, where he defeat Zeku (becoming new Bushinryu Master), Rose and Maki

Not a fight but he also successfully threat  SF4 Bison into give to him Rose (one curious fact is Guy does'nt even use his kunais in SF fights, yet he's good enough with these to threat an armored, cruiser-ship size aereoplane lol)

Dude have bunch of names wins on his fight record lol, another underrated one... and no defeats as far i can remember

How this help Cody's case?

We know Cody and Guy had lot of sparrings in the past, and win quotes hint that Cody used to win more of these friendly fight, kinda estabilish him being the better fighter of the two

All while not having great training... Cody is'nt a generic "street fighter" like some think and he clearly got some martial arts training before FF events (i would identify his style as american kickboxing, wich was boxing+karate), but he trained in some generic gym under some never mentioned istructor*, while Guy learned Bushinryu under Zeku himself and have a great master in SF is big deal, yet Cody is the one to have the upper hand between the two

*or istructors, if he learned boxing and karate from different people

PS: if we count SF americans (before SF6 timeskip), would say the food chain looks something like

Nash> Cody/Ken/Alex> Guile/Rog/Luke> C.Viper> Sodom/Rolento/Lucia> Poison

Edited by CESTUS III

I think it's generally a safe assumption that a franchise-face is towards the top.

Cody & Guy are at a comparable level to each other and we know Guy is a beast. Cody simply hasn't had a chance to shine in a recent game featuring him but just going by what other characters say to him, the dude is a monster. Remember, 'natural ability' is HIGHLY prized in the martial arts genre and Cody has been shown again and again to be a natural talent at fighting that has been honed ENTIRELY by real-world battle which is explicitly said to be better than what any training can produce. Cody is a protag and franchise protags generally command respect in the SF-world.

Nash is a straight-up beast. There's no two ways about it. SFA era Charlie is absolutely above Ken & Ryu and is likely the strongest 'protag' character in the time frame. In SF5 he seems comparatively strong to all the big boys of the setting...which is in keeping with Nash's general skill level.

Kinda related, like a lot this Murata piece

NBA Jam (the book) on Twitter: "Yusuke Murata's art of Guy and Cody from  Street Fighter Zero 3. https://t.co/DfTyDuMZQ5" / Twitter

That Cody mean eye 😆

Spoiler

Maybe not giving Guy's taijutsu skills much credit there, as he would likely do something better than helpless grasp at Cody sleeves... but that's the point, you can know 6 escapes from a choke, yet a strong perfectly applied one just paralyze you on the spot and ability to react get absolutely crippled (Guy sweating and drooling hint he's close to being finished too)

To think a Master like Guy even ends there feels just seem to praise how street smart and real world experience may fill the gap given by textbook dojo 😄 

Have just absolute love Murata's take on SF characters, wish that collaboration lasted long and gone deeper

Imagine if instead udon we got SF6 manga done by him 🥲

Edited by CESTUS III

Her theme starts off strong, then becomes weird. It's a memorable, but not too much. But I feel this way about most of the music. It's the weakest part of SF6.

When you look at everything else about SF6, I would be hoping that it would end up with revolutionary music like the latest KI. But alas it seems it's not meant to be.

Edited by Daemos