Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's crazy to me man. I mean have they seen Manon's design? Hell Manon and Kimberly both have the Ibuki "bare hips" element in their designs.

"No bro, you don't get it. Marisa is weird because she doesn't look like a woman at all, and her proportions are all weird!"

Meanwhile, what the men and their proportions look like in Street Fighter:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Phantom_MiriaConfirmation bias is an epidemic these days. Kimberly is thin but still double caked up. Juri's SF6 character model shits over all of her other character models. Chun Li's has more yams than Thanksgiving in a black household. WTF are they on? I mean Manon has Shermie level T&A. People are on crack actual crack not the beta @TWINBLADES

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Juri's SF6 character model shits over all of her other character models.

SF6 Juri feels like Capcom went full “I know what you are” to her audience and ramped everything up. The insane expressions, the victory pose, the costume which harkens back to her more favored SF4 look while also being as close to topless as they can probably do, and the MASSIVE emphasis on her bare feet. For fuck’s sake, one of her taunts has her turn around and beckon you with her foot.

I don’t know how idiots can argue that Capcom is going woke for making 1 female have muscles (not even the first time they’ve done so), when Juri exists.

Edited by BornWinner
3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

"No bro, you don't get it. Marisa is weird because she doesn't look like a woman at all, and her proportions are all weird!"

Meanwhile, what the men and their proportions look like in Street Fighter:

Yeah, i'm not fan of Marisa because it's not the character i wanted as italian rep, BUT there's nothing wrong with her design

Imho they even actually used two female MMA fighters (one now actress) as inspiration

To me she seems anime/SF version of Gina Carano face

Gina Carano (Attrice): Biografia, filmografia, scheda AttriceGina Carano as Angel Dust in Deadpool. : r/ginacaranoGina Carano Hot270 Gina Carano ideas in 2022 | mma women, cara dune, celebrities female

mounted over hulkish Gabi Garcia body (188cm/6'2, 95kg/209lbs of roids)

Could Gabi Garcia defeat any of the lower weight class UFC guys? 6'2, 209  lbs and a former BJJ champ. : r/ufc

don't even know the fuck gimmick is happening here, but she looks huge next to all the guys in this gif lol

Gabi Garcia vs. Barbara Nepomuceno no RIZIN 14 - Página 3 - BJJForum

and she's been even more massive/heavy in the past, even if not as ripped

Add all this with extreme stylization going on in SF (your pics were good example of freaks, but tbh almost everybody in SF have it lol) , and Marisa seems pretty coherent SF design

Looks legit with SF way of design characters, even if break unwritten rule of use SF females as eye candy waifus

Sticking to SF6 rather ask how Marisa can be that big would rather ask why Luke have two bowling-ball size cancers as forearms, that puzzle me more

5 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Capcom's not walking back anything with their designs, no censorship and they're introducing new waifus

Tbh with Lily seems they retreat with tail between their legs at first slight sign of internet outrage, changing drastically the design, basically different enough to be an alt:

no feather, no face paint, different clothes

Lilly Fan Casting for Street Fighter 6: Metro City In Attack | myCast - Fan  Casting Your Favorite Stories  --> Lilly Fan Casting for Street Fighter 6 (Dublado) | myCast - Fan Casting  Your Favorite Stories

I'm not even going to debate with people if was right thing to do, specially not with kind of "changed for teh better!" replies

Capcom this time seems VERY cautious to not trigger american internet outrage, so guess make sense for them

Personally i hope they pulled a SF6 Cammy and rather than eliminate original design they just switched default and alt, so i can still have original design as alternate costume and settle it as the default on my copy (hopefully this beautiful SFV feature is still a thing in SF6) while outraged people can have a more tolerable design as default... everybody win

52 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Sticking to SF6 rather ask how Marisa can be that big would rather ask why Luke have two bowling-ball size cancers as forearms, that puzzle me more

You know the answer but you still can't accept it.
Schermata-2022-07-25-alle-20-44-38.jpg

30 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

'm not even going to debate with people if was right thing to do, specially not with kind of "changed for teh better!" replies

Capcom this time seems VERY cautious to not trigger american internet outrage, so guess make sense for them

Considering how feathers and warpaint ARE a touchy subject for ACTUAL Native Americans, trust me, they've done well.

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosDepending on the point limit for created characters. This is what I was thinking for Gouka. It looks like their are 8 special move slots but I'd be surprised if you could use them all. So I figure five is a safe number. I'd put Ryu's Denjin install as sixth if possible though.

Ryu's Hadoken QCF+P

Akuma's Sekia Goshoha QCB+P*

Akuma's Zanku Hadoken QCF+P (Air)*

Kimberly's Bushin Senpukyaku QCB+K

Ryu's Joudan Sokutogeri QCF+K

SA1: Chun Li's Kikosho

SA2: Ken's Shippu Jinrai Kyaku

SA3: Ryu's Shin Shoryuken

*Guessing Akuma still has those moves. I'd have to probably sub them for Dhalsim's Air Yoga Fire and Ryu's Hashogeki at launch though.

Lol dude, no idea how much i'm doing same shit in my head 🤣

Basically every trailer at this point i'm 50% hyped for the actual characters and 50% taking notes about what i will steal from them 🤣

Now i just wish to get as soon as possible info about

- Can we use our CC outside world tour? This point is EVERYTHING. Need it at least playable on local/private online room VS and on Arcade, in normal matches vs official SF characters.

If is banned even on friendly online vs i would still not have problems with it (actually would probably stick to ranked online anyway to avoid other people CC lol), but needs to some extent to be used as an actual SF character and not just as your avatar in the silly free-roaming mode... otherwise regardless how great i doubt i will give it 10% of the hours i gave to SC CaS

-It's absolutely great we can mix Specials (and i take as given Supers, as was in the menu screen), but can we edit normals moveset too? And if so to wich extent?

This is not as important as previous point, but will still legit make the difference between "it's the best we can do with SF6 editor limitations" and actual awesome recreations/OCs

If we can pick each normal and throws (and idle pose) would be incredible... but tbh i doubt, feel like idle+normals (and taunts/win pose etc) will be locked on one single char we select

Keep in mind, would still be awesome editor regardless, but i'm curious to know if they gone for the overkill lol

-Curious to know if people going full retard in first beta ruined/weakened the editor we will get in final version (example introducing a "forced proportions" system a la Elden Ring and other stuff)

It being so extreme would have worked great as tool for somebody wanting to do actual cool stuff in SF style, will be sad see it being castrated only to cripple a bit same trolls that will find a way to create most disgusting shit regardless lol

If you have editor you should take as given good % will just go full retard, SC know this and never stopped them... how avoid people's ugly CC to become "the face" and ruin the image of the game is not easy to answer (imho SC failed at that), but surely is all about put serious limitations on use it online

5 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Considering a created character was seen doing Kimberly's standard Bunshinryū combo LP-MP-HP-HK, you ABSOLUTELY can. It would make no sense otherwise.

Good point, but the problem is watching the trailer in that clip he does only that and we can't see if at begin he's having a different idle pose (Kimberly one) as it starts with first strike and ends with the last

If he had Luke idle pose as in most clips and threw the first Kimberly normal to do the target combo, we may have strong indication that we can probably mix normals or at least the 100% proof idle pose and normal moveset are'nt necessary related

After we have a clip of CC breaking wood tables and the first strike he throw is a Chun Li normal punch, but going check the very first frames of the clip he have Chun Li idle pose, so at least in that case the idle pose matches the normal

idle

Edited by CESTUS III
15 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Considering how feathers and warpaint ARE a touchy subject for ACTUAL Native Americans, trust me, they've done well.

put on spoiler, bit long 😄

Spoiler

Yeah i understand why on moral level ethnic groups/cultures that suffered a lot of injustice (specially if to some extent are still struggling) should ideally get treated with extra care and the potentially offensive stereotypes -specially in political correctness era-  SF ever thrown around may get reduced to avoid outrage, even if i doubt it's anything more than adapt to western marketing for them  (in my cynical mind, mostly to avoid negative press/boycotting of any kind, doubt they give much fucks about actual Native Americans*)

On other side purely on stylistical level and ignoring for a moment the point above, i prefer the original design as seems to fit SF more both in silly stereotype anime stylization** and even more important on technical level found it way more solid and interesting (to the point i consider one of the best new designs) for bunch of reasons, that guess we can skip to don't go too OT

Also feels like original had greater link with T.Hawk imagery, creating stronger visual connection between the two

Playing bit devil's advocate may add also that being mexican Thunderfoot tribe a fantasy group/culture made up by Capcom, their look could get bit a free pass compared to a character that had the premise of come from an actual existing culture (even if it's undeniable they took inspiration from NA for it)

But again, i don't ignore first part so i'm not against this Capcom move (was just pointing pretend SF6 does'nt self-censor is false), as long we did'nt completely lost the original design and it simply got downgraded to less visible alt costume status, just like we are now sensible and gave Cammy pantafregna ass covering pants for the default-standard-official-spotlight-values costume, yet her nostalgia alt stick to old SF gimmick bare butt lol

*to open a digression, don't trust much their suddently love for black people (african american in particular) either

May be wrong, but feels to me they were more than ok to ignore them for long time till show support became the marketing wise thing to do

In SF3 Sean almost made it as USA kid, but guess for national variety end up japanese-brazilian

King Cobra in SF had 2 different designs ideas (both good), then got pushed out in favor of Rufus

May be wrong but i don't think to remember them having any dropped concepts about it in SFV

Now suddently they're like "literally my favourite people!❤️"

Not that their fake good feelz are necessary a bad thing, after all result is Kimberly who i like and her uncle(?) by Hiroaki small blurred artwork alone already give me vibes could become a very cool SF char (cold calculating Aikido Morgan Freeman that effortlessly launch opponent around while being disappointed sounds awesome to me lol)

**i ever thought watch SF portrayal of the world as a whole, rather than go char by char, lessen the stereotype effect as is a burden split all over whole cast, ever felt it's done more in world building spirit rather than try to ridicule a specific culture (even if is true intention may still cause undesired effect)

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIITo further your point about Gabi Garcia

Yeah or even to not use a female opponent (or the average/small men in the gif), sure you know him but in case you don't this guy is Wanderli Silva, legendary MW at 84kg

Salta il debutto di Gabi Garcia nelle MMA | Grappling-italia.com : MMA /  UFC / Bjj dal 2008

imho she looks around 100Kg there, she makes him look small lol

And there are surely taller/heavier women around, but thought they got the idea/inspiration from her body built because she's not just big but also a MMA fighter (that fought in Japan) and we know would not be a first

Just like fat Bob Sapp had heavy role in SFV Birdie look lol 😄

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

So my buddy's little girl is getting into SF big time and wants to know about all the characters and story...

...anyone got a good recommendation on a solid video maker/series that she can dig into? Something not loaded with a bunch of inaccurate crap? 😄

First off, we welcome all newcomers to the SF fandom. Hope your friend's daughter enjoys it.

How much time does she have on her hands?

If she wants something very quick, and fairly accurate, if a little exaggerated:

If she wants to chillax with some popcorn and enjoy a movie's length of character lore (with some exaggeration):

Best way to learn about the story is through the characters. So def videos about the characters and their lore leading up to where they are now helps. I definitely recommend DigiValentine for some fun overviews. He may not get through all of the chaaracters, but the ones he does cover are very enjoyable and informative. 

And while I can't your friend's daughter with every character and all their stories, as the world's leading expert in all things Chun-Li, I can help you with one.

Here are the best vids to explain Chun-Li.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIShe was well over 100kg at that point. She's 95kg now and far smaller than that. I remember at one point she was trying get smaller to get more fights. I'm not sure what she was at, maybe 80kg?

Idk, dropped the 188cm/95kg stats straight from wikipedia as you should never get crazy trying to figure up fighters stats because as general rule promotions LOVE to throw craziest lies to hype up fighters, in particular the most physical imposing ones, and you end up with jewels like this

Spoiler

look the height stats 🤣

Accuracy of UFC heights? How tall are Shane Carwin, Brock Lesnar, and Frank  Mir? : r/MMA

Weight is usually a more reliable as it get officialized to declare the match will be within the correct weight class limits and leave promoters less room to bullshit... BUT, this does'nt apply much to Super Heavyweight class where you have only minimal limit, but not upper limit so nobody cares and promoters can go wild lol

Then you have training camp weight, weight-night day (but change nothing at SHW), fight-night day

If she truly is so tall then with her huge bones and muscle mass 80 is even light estimation

But is possible she's shorter, so weight goes with it as height affect weight a lot

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIWhen she missed weight for her fight in Japan she came in at over 120kg IIRC. 

I think you mean this"

Spoiler

In one of the worst weigh-in misses to ever take place in a major MMA promotion, Garcia tipped the scale at 237 pounds, a whopping 28 pounds over the 209-pound weight limit."

"Regardless, Garcia coming in 28 pounds overweight for the bout is easily among the worst weigh-in gaffes in MMA history."

209 (95kg) was the weight limit (wich is probably same 95 used by Wikipedia), she showed up at 237 wich is 107kg and have been considered huge overweight miss

Guess normal situation is her making weight at 95 and be close to 100 fight night, wich is already a lot

IF she goes over 100 as normal thing during training camp she may be somewhere 105-110 range in periods she's allowed to go for max fat/weight weeks far from weight-day... show up the day at 107 seems intentional tbh, you're not going to drop 12 (to give perspective back then much larger Lesnar would take days to pass from 130 during camp to do 120 WD and be around 127 FN wich is already crazy)

PS: fun thing the 95kg limit seems bit made up lol, as is a number that does'nt exist in Unified Rules... closest would be 93 wich is the max of LHW and the begin of HW for males.

Guess there for girls have the same function of 120kg limit for HW males

Spoiler

Edited by CESTUS III

Much love and appreciation @Chun-Li_Forever! Those are perfect

Sending over the 1 hour "FULL STORY" and the "Who Dat" series because she's got all the time in the world since she'll be watching them with her dad to get hyped for SF6. For her birthday a few months back I got her a copy of the SF Character Guide and she's been hungry for more info. She loves Chun-Li and Kimberly and now also really likes Dee Jay and Marisa.

Thanks again!

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Stop me if this has already been brought up, but JP has psycho power and a cat.  Cammy loves cats, a big history of falling under the sway of psycho power, and they've held back on revealing her details for VI.  

What are the odds Cammy is going to be one of JP's pawns in the story?

Our fear is that JP is gonna be another prime field that went on his own after one of Shadaloo's falls.

We hope he's either Vega/Bison's master (very unlikely, but... who knows. He might know body swap as well), or one of the 2 students that learned Psycho Power before Vega...

Thing is, he knows about Vega wanting a perfect host, so he isn't someone that barely knows him.

Main problem is that Rose isn't part of the initial roster, and she should be a part of JP's story for being another Psycho Power (Soul Power user). Even if she or Vega becomes playable characters in the future, Capcom might not update the story with her part (just like they did with Zero 3, IV and V with the subsequent updates).

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Much love and appreciation @Chun-Li_Forever! Those are perfect

Sending over the 1 hour "FULL STORY" and the "Who Dat" series because she's got all the time in the world since she'll be watching them with her dad to get hyped for SF6. For her birthday a few months back I got her a copy of the SF Character Guide and she's been hungry for more info. She loves Chun-Li and Kimberly and now also really likes Dee Jay and Marisa.

Thanks again!

Shameless plug on my part buuuuuuuuut.....if she wants some additional SF3 info down the line:

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Our fear is that JP is gonna be another prime field that went on his own after one of Shadaloo's falls.

My hope is that with the way he's set up business(es?) an identity of influence, distinct lack of resemblance to Seth & Abel, and the familiarity with Bison, I hope he's not a Prime Field. I do hope that he's the fellow student, it could be a cool touch to add to Bison (and hopefully Rose's) mythos. It'd be interesting if he was not as strong a student as Bison in terms of  raw bural power, but still learned psycho power without falling entirely into its corruption, thus allowing him to have the demonstrated greater variety in usage.  I think it could be cool if Oro was aware of JP and saw his unique approach to it and thus found Bison's usage of PS to be disappointing. Bison is great, powerful, and post-human via psycho power; he uses it to fly, teleport, cheat death etc, but it's interesting seeing how JP uses it. He wields it like his staff, a weapon, rather than him essentially being Psycho power incarnate (Bison). It's like JP holds it, but has enough distance from it that he's not burning down with the house, if that makes sense?

I feel you can make JP interesting and dangerous without selling him in a way that punks or diminishes Bison (the DBZ/shonen method of the next guy is always more powerful than the last rather than thinking and fighting different/ smarter), but also show the diverting path between the two men. If JP was varied and subtle and built his empire while looking at what worked and didn't work for Bison, it could make for some interesting scenarios.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:55 PM, BornWinner said:

SF6 Juri feels like Capcom went full “I know what you are” to her audience and ramped everything up. The insane expressions, the victory pose, the costume which harkens back to her more favored SF4 look while also being as close to topless as they can probably do, and the MASSIVE emphasis on her bare feet. For fuck’s sake, one of her taunts has her turn around and beckon you with her foot.

Feet Fans:  "Okay, but, when Menat tho?"

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

My hope is that with the way he's set up business(es?) an identity of influence, distinct lack of resemblance to Seth & Abel, and the familiarity with Bison, I hope he's not a Prime Field. I do hope that he's the fellow student, it could be a cool touch to add to Bison (and hopefully Rose's) mythos. It'd be interesting if he was not as strong a student as Bison in terms of  raw bural power, but still learned psycho power without falling entirely into its corruption, thus allowing him to have the demonstrated greater variety in usage.  I think it could be cool if Oro was aware of JP and saw his unique approach to it and thus found Bison's usage of PS to be disappointing. Bison is great, powerful, and post-human via psycho power; he uses it to fly, teleport, cheat death etc, but it's interesting seeing how JP uses it. He wields it like his staff, a weapon, rather than him essentially being Psycho power incarnate (Bison). It's like JP holds it, but has enough distance from it that he's not burning down with the house, if that makes sense?

I feel you can make JP interesting and dangerous without selling him in a way that punks or diminishes Bison (the DBZ/shonen method of the next guy is always more powerful than the last rather than thinking and fighting different/ smarter), but also show the diverting path between the two men. If JP was varied and subtle and built his empire while looking at what worked and didn't work for Bison, it could make for some interesting scenarios.

I really liked the way you worded this. 🙂

What I hope JP is not:

1- Bison's master who if the story is still canon should remain dead.

2- One of Bison's host bodies or Ex-Shadaloo.

I'm open to him being one of the two other students provided there is a plausible explanation to why he eluded Bison's eye. Bison would've surely killed him or subjugated him. Was JP in hiding out of fear? Because that makes sense. :bison:

I think the more likely explanation is he is a new strong fighter that grew interested in the stories and wanted to unearth this lost art in the 5-10 years since Bison's disappearance. He's interpreting Psycho Power in his own way and maybe figured out that a healthy distance like Shockdingo said is the way to go.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Bison is great, powerful, and post-human via psycho power; he uses it to fly, teleport, cheat death etc, but it's interesting seeing how JP uses it. He wields it like his staff, a weapon, rather than him essentially being Psycho power incarnate (Bison). It's like JP holds it, but has enough distance from it that he's not burning down with the house, if that makes sense?

I get what you are saying. From what little gameplay we’ve seen of JP, he has a different philosophy and entirely different way of approaching Psycho Power than Bison did. Bison fights barehanded and had the power flow right out of him; JP wields a cane to channel the energy through it. Bison surrounds himself in PP with several special moves; JP instead sends out conjured spirits and traps made out of PP. Bison’s teleports to wherever he wants and is surrounded by the energy when he’s finished; JP doesn’t even think of teleporting until he sets a place to go to with his traps. 

I think the only use of Psycho Power that JP directly attacks someone with is his Level 3/Critical Art. Both Bison and JP were aware of the dangers of overusing Psycho Power and went about mitigating it in different ways. Bison began to use multiple bodies and trying to find one that would be able to stand the amount of power he wanted. It seems JP is aware of this with that line he says in the trailer, but chose to instead almost never directly use it. 

I would say the way JP is shown in gameplay is a good way to infer about his character. He keeps himself at range with others, never directly attacking until he has too. JP also bows towards his opponents for his intro. Unlike Bison, JP keeps to the shadows and benefits when no one is aware who he is. He also puts up a facade of being a gentleman who funds projects and comes out as the hero for incidents he causes. That’s what I can guess about JP.

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

He wields it like his staff, a weapon, rather than him essentially being Psycho power incarnate (Bison). It's like JP holds it

And he seems to mostly use it with the one hand hidden behind his back

Edit: And here his staff is used in his psycho hand (as well as every other psycho cane attack I've noticed since)

Edited by JustBooming
4 hours ago, JustBooming said:

And he seems to mostly use it with the one hand hidden behind his back

Edit: And here his staff is used in his psycho hand (as well as every other psycho cane attack I've noticed since)

JP, Rose, Falke, and Menat all use conduits because they are too pussy to let the hate flow through them. They think they are being smart, but they do not understand the nature of TRUE POWER. Pretenders to the Psycho Throne!

/rant

4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

JP instead sends out conjured spirits and traps made out of PP.

The most interesting part of all this is those rifts IMHO.

We've had hints of this in the canon, but before anything it was the Street Fighter 2 V series that introduced us to the "Psycho Plane". Bison transported Ryu and Ken this void for their final battle in that show. 

We can infer that this "other" place is where Bison's wormholes travel through and perhaps even where Bison's essence resides while it awaits a physical anchor.

Rose is probably the other fighter that could access this place before JP.

What JP does different however, is that he is summoning (in a very controlled fashion) those structures from the void (Psycho Ice?). What else has JP done in this place? What else has he brought with him?

I'm hoping Capcom elaborates on this mystical realm without too much cheese if possible.

51 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Maybe there might be some surprises with new characters coming...? If I remember correctly that's what happened with the SFV beta.

They did something like that. But I think a little differently.

I think the 2nd beta of SFV had Mika, Vega, Necalli, and I think Ken. But after a few days, they put back in Ryu, Chun, Bison, and Nash.

-WARNING, LONG ASS POST AHEAD-

Some good points being made by mutliple people on JP, rather than quote one or other, just adding to the bunch some observations/opinions

-So far seems JP can master the 4 powers that according to Nakayama were split  in Ed (body PP), Falke(objects PP), Knife(teleport), Gorilla(high intellect)

This does'nt mean necessary that he took it from them or that he's related to them, but that as PP user he seems to be "complete" and comparable to Bison in terms of PP mastery and powers rather than be more alike to lesser users

-Beside being a new trick that hint a completely different way to use PP, what i find curious of his crystallized PP spikes is that are red, considering so far was a color used for SnH and Necalli's energy (so guess in SF red is supposed to be associated to murder will ki).

It's true that through SF history some things changed and PP color is one, but i thought since SF4 was estabilished pure purple as the color for PP... wonder if is just an aesthetic thing to make the spikes stand out more next to normal PP effects of there's a story explanation for that red

-Speaking of his ability to solidify PP, it's cool that this effect it's not just for spikes, the small portals he's able to open in air have a fracture effect too (like broken glass), even more interessing during his Lv3 we see same fractures appear on Ken's face and then on whole body before be impaled by solid PP spikes

For whatever reason i had the impression during Lv he's charging his PP into you, but that the whole explosion/crystals are a combination of his power and your negative emotions... in the sense the more you have already the easier would be for him to break your limit and more damage will cause

Of course i may be wrong, but this could have interesting dynamic going on if truly Ken (who's full of hatred or what has been done to him) will be the one to defeat him, i can see a first part where his (Ken) rage will backfire, and a second where leave out anger and focus on what is important to him (the love for his family) and defeat JP in a super Nakahira moment, with @YagamiFirecheering in the background

Wich would also confirm Capcom's words saying that family for Ken is a source of strenght and not a weakness

-Imho his more indirect approach it's not much to be seen as more "coward" way to fight or to compensate not great physical effectiveness, feels more related to his personality take that distant (from bio, hate "Stains on his clothes" and likes "cleaning") and strategic (like "Chess puzzles") approach to fight.

Seems to me he embraced "la canne" (or bartitsu, we will see when we can see whole moveset) style because when possible he prefer to don't touch his opponent... wich make more interesting see his Lv3 where grab your throat, as if  you made him angry enough to do something he actually dislike (touch you, even if with gloves)

Despite the fight style and his old age by design he also seem to be very strong/physically imposing: 6'3/214lbs and ripped

Him lifting you with one hand is'nt incredible feat in SF (i think every single SF boss did it at some point), but still i find it an interessing choice stylistically, like capcom trying to tell you his indirect approach have nothing to do with physical weakness

-Speaking of his body, i think he will give us an insight about Bison's physical decay

JP seems to be legit old, and not only his body did'nt crumbled but seem in great physical shape, despite being a PP user wich from what we thought till today was supposed to be a toxic energy that deteriorate his host in the long run

For some reason i think JP is not using clones/tech (his approach feels more esotheric to me), so is cool to see he can posses so much PP and still keep his body intact and strong... guess is possible him not using his own body as main  tool to channel his PP save him from Bison destiny of needs ever new bodies

-On general i would REALLY love if  JP and Bison end up being 2 or the 3 original students, because i feel they fit the concept of people that got given the same tools/gifts, but took completely different paths to use them

Seems a complete difference of philosophies:

-Bison wanted to loud challenge the world flexing his PP, JP keept low profile and built his -whatever he have- secretlly and pretending to be a normal human

-Bison lost long ago his original body*, trashes his new bodies wich are meaningless to him, JP on other side seems to care a lot about his own, both as health and look

-Bison use PP in his own body** to become a weapon, JP seems to use PP as a weapon to wield

- Bison LOVE fighting and in his own eyes he's a martial artist, JP surely dislike the idea of martial arts and likely just love the benefits that come from be able to defeat enemies, to the point he even use PP to create "servants" (the hands) that do the job for him (even if is still him, it sells the idea). He still seems to have fun out of it though, his animations show he's having vanity pleasure at display superiority, guess he loves it as long his opponent can't lay a finger on him and he's not forced to physical contact

*actually now that i think about it is even possible Bison's original, old decrepit body is still hidden empty somewhere and he jumped his soul into the first of the clones before PP could kill him

**actually he does'nt, it uses CLONES bodies. Considering Bison don't fear death and any body he wear is seen as a tool (that can be replaced when broken), we can say there's no kamikaze "sacrifice" mindset, Bison is using a catalyst object as anybody else and the object he chosen is clones entire body

-I'm greatly curious about the Gill colors in JP stage, there are so many possibilities:

-JP working for Gill/SS, accepting not being the #1 because he does'nt care as long he can benefit from it and do what he wants

-JP working for Gill/SS, fake accepting not being the #1, while on reality planning to betray Gill and take over whole SS or anyway win something for himself and leave

-JP not even be aware there's Gill/SS hand behind his rise to power, one cool parallel would be how Gill WANTED and likely somehow pushed the Shadaloo's Black Moons to happen, as he needed it to proof the SS prophecy was wrong in timing (claiming that the saviour would come in far future) and that the Saviour was him

-The nation of Nayshall was already under SS influence (apparently like most of relevant countries) before JP arrival, and Gill colors are still there because either he don't control the country enough to remove them (the princess/queen we seen in comic page does?) or he find more smart don't challenge SS... specially because we don't even know what he wants there, maybe his plan is even leave Nayshall after reaching his goal

On 12/16/2022 at 4:27 AM, Daemos said:

JP, Rose, Falke, and Menat all use conduits because they are too pussy to let the hate flow through them. They think they are being smart, but they do not understand the nature of TRUE POWER. Pretenders to the Psycho Throne!

But Rose and Menat are'nt PP users, so they don't use hate.

So far Soul Power seem to be applied by all users using an object (Rose, Menat and likely Maggio with his yo-yo) as the standard method teached, we still did'nt seen a SP user that consider use  SP with bare hand as best method.

Rose actually proof she can do it too, but she does it in minimal part... would say even if opposite sides, JP share same mindset

Wonder if also SP used a lot though body would consume the user's too, despite in theory being a not toxic energy... actually Rose seems to have SLOWER aging thanks to SP (a link with JoJo's Lisa Lisa), yet there must be a reason they prefer to do it like that

On 12/16/2022 at 4:36 AM, Daemos said:

The most interesting part of all this is those rifts IMHO.

We've had hints of this in the canon, but before anything it was the Street Fighter 2 V series that introduced us to the "Psycho Plane". Bison transported Ryu and Ken this void for their final battle in that show. 

We can infer that this "other" place is where Bison's wormholes travel through and perhaps even where Bison's essence resides while it awaits a physical anchor.

Rose is probably the other fighter that could access this place before JP.

This is interesting, never thought about it much

Ever thought Bison''s invisible essence would be simply left out when clone-body is destroyed and roam on our plane looking for a new host like a virus 

Another possibility (going by wild theory) now that i think about it link to something i said before in this long ass post, what if the true Bison is some super decrepit old fuck hidden in a bunker that take  remote control of body clones spiritually jumping in them to go around the world doing stuff and when one is destroyed the remote control is simply interrupted, and his consciouness simply automatically return to the original body, while will wait till his scientists prepare a new clone-body for him

Of course in the meantime he can still influence those that has been infected by his power (like Ed & Co) but not straight control them

The fact is original body never died may be the secret behind his "immortality", as the only thing we seen to die multiple times were the clones we seen him use as shells, we never seen or have even hear anything about original Bison's body death, can be still be somewhere (maybe keept alive for innatural long time by machines) as last save-ass card

May even give further meaning to him being obsessed over find perfect host, beyond "arh arh arh power!", he may actually need find it to keep exist as despite artificial long life cycle his original body will die anyway at some point (maybe no so far future?)  and he needs to do a full 100% jump into a new body before that

Or maybe they will simply keep him forever as  "cool mystery!!" like when they love spam "unknown" on shit 😄

Guess even if mean poorer story and bit nonsense, generic "immortal, will return!" make less problematic the endless recycle, because give the explanation of his fake immortality (he's a normal human who uses technology, so whatever trick he's using is likely artificial) and the secret to kill him in definitive way would force them to have good guys figure it out too, if we keep don't know, good guys are allowed to don't know either lol 😄

Honestly i may prefer it too, as i like Bison and i'll never oppose have him around as long he is'nt the Boss (even if due his nature will be problematic keep him plotting on the side for too long, but a well written villain can still do big relevant stuff even as side-threat)

Plus would mean another SF chapter focused on good guys trying to destroy Bison, and i hope i will be in my 70s when this happen lmao

Edited by CESTUS III

Excellent post @CESTUS III

I'll also say that JP has some similarities I've noticed especially when considering he's another Psycho Power user...

Bison. So much power his body burns out. Scheming but willing to directly throw down. Immensely prideful and does everything for himself. Uses clones to gain immortality

🤔

spacer.png

JP

Uses the same power as the aforementioned character but doesn't show signs of degradation. More refined in mannerism and style. Has stylish facial hair and an aristocratic bearing

spacer.png

🤔

The way JP fights is closer to Rose, Menat, and Falke than Bison. He's comes of as less of a fighter and more of a sorcerer/wizard that fights as a means. Bison on the other hand is like Akuma who fights as an end but without the latter's delusion that he won't go mad with power.

This I think is expressed very vividly in the way Capcom chose to animate JP like others have said. It's no coincidence that he wears gloves and uses a cane in fights. he wants to harness Psycho Power but tries to keep a safe distance. He is afraid to go further, won't even let it touch his skin! Some will say that this keeps him as a stable, stronger fighter, but I think this fear is his weakness. It is an invitation to his doom!

IMO therefore, all this means is that JP - while likely very powerful in his own right - will never be as powerful as peak Bison or even have the same potential as Bison. Bison has no limits in his pursuit and sees any limits that come his way, including death as obstacles to be crushed.

Tldr; JP thinks the Psycho Power is his ally, but he merely adopted Psycho Power, Bison was born it, molded by it.

Edited by Daemos
10 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Excellent post @CESTUS III

I'll also say that JP has some similarities I've noticed especially when considering he's another Psycho Power user...

Thanks, i fear i'm missing a bit the comparision as i'm not much into SW lore, i seen the old movies long ago and remembera bit main events but that's about it 😄

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

The way JP fights is closer to Rose, Menat, and Falke than Bison.

Like Rose, both clearly have great power and mastered it to the point they could unleash in many ways, yet they chosen to utilize mainly that kind of approach

Menat seems mostly a mini-Rose in the sense we can see a glimpse here and there of her using different stuff, but seems limited to very rare situations, and 99% of times she use the sphere (no idea how Maggio use the yo-yo as Udon shit is'nt canon, but i guess like Menat but in even less advanced way)

Falke can't do anything else, it's not a choice... she is'nt a true PP user, she received a specific PP ability and she can work  with that alone.

Fun thing if Falke is found without the stick or her opponent rip it off her hands, she can't do anything "special"

Of course she had great training and she would still be able to scrap bare-handed better than average thug (like Rolento would or Poison, that even proven it in the ring), but very likely not to SF levels...  her best chance would be pick a rock from the ground (or any better object assuming she find it) and infuse it with PP

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

He's comes of as less of a fighter and more of a sorcerer/wizard that fights as a means. Bison on the other hand is like Akuma who fights as an end but without the latter's delusion that he won't go mad with power.

Agree on the "sorcerer" comparision, but disagree on the martial artist like Akuma thing, but here we go bit OT in direction of stuff we already talked too much lol

Rather than "sorcerer and fighter" would say "sorcerer and warrior"

But yeah absolutely, Bison love dive face first in the conflict and show off the sheer power of his PP, while JP seems waaay more inclined to strike from distance and set up traps, but is also true that he have no problems at close distance when he consider the right moment to do it (see his teleports in the clips, used to close-up rather than escape) and even in close-quarter situation his fencing with the cane seems absolutely elegant and confident as if he find the situation amusing

In reality from what i seen seems to me while he clearly prefer long range, have specials for basically any range

To me only real change of demeanor we seen so far is the Lv3 in the starting phase (when grab his opponent), even if he close it with usual smiling mood

I think we may have seen only the basic version, would be not surprised if desperate one show a total different ending, more violent and with him legit angry, because i can't imagine somebody that don't want be touched NOT being mad at an opponent that beated him up for good (as desperate version require)

12 hours ago, Daemos said:

This I think is expressed very vividly in the way Capcom chose to animate JP like others have said. It's no coincidence that he wears gloves and uses a cane in fights. he wants to harness Psycho Power but tries to keep a safe distance. He is afraid to go further, won't even let it touch his skin! Some will say that this keeps him as a stable, stronger fighter, but I think this fear is his weakness. It is an invitation to his doom!

As said i don't think it's about "safe distance" in the sense of cowardice or weakness

I think as design and bio suggest JP is DISGUSTED by the idea of opponents touching him, likely because he have super aristocratic mindset and would find outrageus the idea somebody dare to touch him, wich would explain also why is so fascinated by the whole startegic/"chess" approach to conflict

A good parallel, even if he have no problem to dive into physical scrap (being charinclined to rage, and having pankration as style) would be how Urien got fucking MAD at Rashid for dared touch him to defend Nash

U "Don't touch me"

R "Huh?"

U "Commoner!* Get that filthy hand off of me before i make you regret it"  ->   throw an Aegis Shield at him even if in theory iare on same side

*irony is Rashid is some sort of prince or anyway a noble, and Urien still call him "commoner", wich explain a lot of his mindset lol

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

IMO therefore, all this means is that JP - while likely very powerful in his own right - will never be as powerful as peak Bison or even have the same potential as Bison. Bison has no limits in his pursuit and sees any limits that come his way, including death as obstacles to be crushed.

Bison having "no limits" leaded him also to lot of defeats and destroyed bodies, we don't know what JP life and achievements has been like

Obviously we have to wait story to know more, but my perspective is that they're simply different

I think Bison will have indeed more "volume" of PP emission, greater firepower and of course he's more willing to go all-in regarldess of consequence, being his bodies disposable tools

On other hand as early impression seem to me JP shows greater ability/craftmanship at utilize PP (wonder what Oro would say about JP skills, considering he see Bison's wielding it as mediocre) and we have'nt even seen full moveset yet

Guess i see Bison as a bazooka and JP as a sniper-rifle, both can do things the other can't and excel in different situations

In case of hypotetic direct conflict the winner would be the one that can impose his way on the match, Bison being better equipped for a close-quarter scrap and JP having much more tools in case of longer range battle**

This is why i like the theory of them being fellow students back then, i like the idea they started as humans that learned same power but developed it in very different ways according to their personality... i'm thinking like Raoh and Toki (HnK)

**Of course lot of this will also depend on the size of SF6 developers balls (they have ALL the decisional power after all), if they feel finally ready to give us a new Boss with equal dignity of past ones, or if they will be scared as usual to fully bet on new ideas and make JP another filler-boss destined to be remebered as Seth, Necalli and possibly G lol

The fact Ken will likely be the one to defeat him and these Gill colors on the stage already give me bad vibes lol

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

Tldr; JP thinks the Psycho Power is his ally, but he merely adopted Psycho Power, Bison was born it, molded by it.

Put that way make it sounds like Bison found a way to enter in symbiosis with PP, but while this is indeed his dream the reality is that PP keep being toxic to him and keep consume his bodies, and this will be the situation till the day he manage to submit  (or create) a perfect host-body and wear it like a new dress

The day he achieves that he will indeed have done a level up and proven was best way to maximize PP potential, but as today his method show to be heavily flawled

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Capcom expects me to believe this guy joined the military, left, became a PMC and was successful enough to become a trainer/mentor at 22? Did he skip high school wtf

He indeed feel too young for all that, but tbh i think joining a PMC and become a trainer have been essentially the same thing

His trainer duty is being done within the company (Buckler) building/gym as part of his job

Considering in the military he got great training and combining it with his natural talent/gifts/spinach was able to sparring evenly with Guile, it's not much surprise the company thought he's more than qualified to teach hand-to-hand combat to new recruits, would say he's even too qualified for that lol