Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I am struggling to figure out how there is a Roman/Greek army just casually overlooking a Street Fight in this game. Are cosplayers? Cult? This is almost like the T-Rex running amok in that SF4 stage.

Friendly reminder that Menat is a freaking walking Ancient Egyptian cosplayer with actual magic powers. Just to provide CONTEXT. 😛
Anyway, that wouldn't be much of a hassle even in actual Rome, since outside the Coliseum there is a prolific business (although legally and morally questionable) of Ancient Roman cosplayers who sell photos with them.

P4F3_2251938F1_9184_20120409180600_HE10_

2 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Friendly reminder that Menat is a freaking walking Ancient Egyptian cosplayer with actual magic powers. Just to provide CONTEXT. 😛

No I have no issue with fighters displaying eccentricities just thought it was odd to have random Roman soldiers in the background of Italy.

But that image you posted I think clarifies this perfectly. Looks like Capcom thought it through to some extent. Don't know about the Lions though 

Edited by Daemos
14 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Don't know about the Lions though

Just ask Sagat. Or Gief's sponsors, for that matter. 😂
I think Marisa is VERY rich from her job as master jeweller, so she just rented the Coliseum to suit her dreams, complete with lions and 300's cosplayers. Notice their shields: they have the Spartans' lambda Λ, but modified to resemble Marisa's necklace pendant (which in turn resembles a Roman gladius). That's GENIUS DESIGN.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

So is Marisa or Manon villains? I know their bio doesn't reveal much, just like JP's, but one or both of them has to be a villain. Are they literally going to put the burden of Evild long hair on the shoulders of one newbie?

Tbh i don't think JP is alone 

The comic pages we seen seems to hint Kimberly's uncle (?) and long hair lady were possibly with him at ruin Ken's life 

But neither are in start cast (even if old guy imho may join one day)

A possibility is that the whole (former?) Neo Shadaloo works for him, due Ed owl flag being similar to JP jewel 

This could mean him having an entire squad of psycho powered freaks, with Ed being playable and others maybe NPC enemies 

Possibly even AKI may be sent to join

Said all that, we had lonely bosses before, see Seth or Gill 

Neither had playable minion at their debut 

Personally i prefer sub-bosses too 

Marisa could have been a good Sagat (or at least a Rog) for JP, her brutality contrast nicely with his calculating/classy style

But tbh nothing we seen so far seems to hint it

All trailer told us is that her and Manon have maybe some rivalry going on (wich i doubt is much important plot related, would bet on simple mutual dislike)

26 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I think Marisa is VERY rich from her job as master jeweller, so she just rented the Coliseum to suit her dreams, complete with lions and 300's cosplayers. Notice their shields: they have the Spartans' lambda Λ, but modified to resemble Marisa's necklace pendant (which in turn resembles a Roman gladius). That's GENIUS DESIGN.

She's also some sort of International known star having giant picture of her on Metro City main square building 

Maybe rather than personally paid theme park, she's simply the star of a famous gladiatorial show where she beat up cosplay gladiators and wrestle lions... 

...but she loves real fights to proof she's the real deal, would make her kinda similar to Fei Long lol

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's clear to me that JP has a greater mastery of psycho power than Bison ever did. He makes Bison use of it look pedestrian.

Tbh i had same impression, but doesn't necessary mean he will be superior to Bison... he may be more crafty but not as good in terms of brute firepower 

Personally i hope he's at least equal to Bison

5 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Definitely going to use some of Marisa's moves to try and create Q in World Tour since I'm sadly not expecting him anytime soon.  ;_;

I will spam her shit for my Abel too, specially considering my hopes in Manon's judo died when i seen she's ballet stuff even when she grapples lol 

Well, at least can still steal her Paris stage i guess lol

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh i had same impression, but doesn't necessary mean he will be superior to Bison... he may be more crafty but not as good in terms of brute firepower 

Personally i hope he's at least equal to Bison

idk, he's doing things with psycho power that Bison never showed was possible. JP is here summoning ghosts, able to position where the flames appear, teleport to their position. The guy fights like a Guilty Gear character. He's displaying technique with his use of psycho power while Bison was all raw strength. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

idk, he's doing things with psycho power that Bison never showed was possible. JP is here summoning ghosts, able to position where the flames appear, teleport to their position. The guy fights like a Guilty Gear character. He's displaying technique with his use of psycho power while Bison was all raw strength. 

Bison advantage is that he could fight with FIST to FIST compare to JP, but yes JP seems more advance in projection sense.

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Gameplay does not necessarily equate canonical abilities.

Anyway,

- Ghosts = Projections. Both Bison and Rose can do these in the canon.

- Bison can generate spires of Psycho flame or really even a field of Psycho Fire as seen in SF5. Literally, Bison can do things that are beyond absolutely anyone in the SF universe and you're focusing on a bunch of flames.

- The teleport move that JP uses (where he can choose where to appear front or back) is pretty much a left over from Bison's SF5 early beta. The move was removed but it's still buried in the game files. Bison can teleport at several positions around his opponent.

The only thing that JP is doing that is truly unique are those crystalline structures emerging from the rifts. While we've seen Bison create and move through rifts, he never summoned anything else through them. Whether this is by choice or mastery is unknown right now.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

I am struggling to figure out how there is a Roman/Greek army just casually overlooking a Street Fight in this game. Are cosplayers? Cult? This is almost like the T-Rex running amok in that SF4 stage.

I'm beginning to think that some characters stages are, like...visualizations.

I seem to remember in an earlier trailer there was a scene where you were with Chun Li, and the scene sort of...transformed, from being the street to being a Chun Li-like stage.

My theory is the entire game takes place in Metro City, but characters can, like, create projections of their own stages.  Either purely metaphorically, or with some Battle City hologram shit.

So Marisa's stage isn't REAL.  It's just either a manifestation of her personality, or something she just chose based on her own preferences.  

59 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

My theory is the entire game takes place in Metro City, but characters can, like, create projections of their own stages.  Either purely metaphorically, or with some Battle City hologram shit.

Thats probable

I dont mind the ideq of being hologram because technology thing. Its just stage not really something that would messed up canon and its just visual

Shadaloo already had that technology kinda like Xmen's Danger Room. 

Which Fang used against Alex in SF5.

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's what i'm saying

From the little i seen i think too that JP seems to control PP to a level of complexity that i never seen before, but i'm guessing that is possible Bison still can generate more PP in terms of amount/intensity

Think like a rapier and an axe, latter may be used with less finesse and yet do more damage

Again, i hope he's at least equal to Bison, but i think we should wait to see story to get a more reliable guess, look alone may trick us

Plus i think Ken is the one who's going to defeat him (with Luke and Ed clashing on the side), and unless they want to hype up Ken really a lot to the point post-timeskip angry Ken is good enough to defeat Bison (something i can buy, but is up to Capcom say it), JP risk to get usual capcom half ass new filler-Boss treatment

Will not be surprised if Capcom take coward route and just pull a Seth all over again, like Ken defeat JP and then at some point after JP get used as jobber to feed Bison DLC hype

Tbh they will probably put JP in a bit lower tier as Ryu is already likely going to have higher level problems with Akuma... essentially i think we may see Nakahira manga structure with JP instead of Gill

Wich tbh would still be good way to hype up SF icon Ryu, while letting Ken have some good spotlight

But for the secondary villain (Gill in the manga, JP possibly in SF6) risk to be jobbing time

VesperArcade is putting out that the theory that JP is a scholar/aficionado of fighting or of Psycho Power specifically and is seeking to bring back the lost art of Psycho Power since the "death" of Bison.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true since we have never heard of this guy and even the best kept secrets of the universe revealed themselves during the Black Moon incident because the stakes were that high.

This can only mean that Cybele - his cat - is Bison's new form and he's been whispering in this senile fool's ear for years! 

portrait-of-british-short-hair-blue-cat-

Bison-Cat is adorable! 💗

Edited by Daemos
15 hours ago, Daemos said:

Gameplay does not necessarily equate canonical abilities.

Anyway,

- Ghosts = Projections. Both Bison and Rose can do these in the canon.

- Bison can generate spires of Psycho flame or really even a field of Psycho Fire as seen in SF5. Literally, Bison can do things that are beyond absolutely anyone in the SF universe and you're focusing on a bunch of flames.

- The teleport move that JP uses (where he can choose where to appear front or back) is pretty much a left over from Bison's SF5 early beta. The move was removed but it's still buried in the game files. Bison can teleport at several positions around his opponent.

The only thing that JP is doing that is truly unique are those crystalline structures emerging from the rifts. While we've seen Bison create and move through rifts, he never summoned anything else through them. Whether this is by choice or mastery is unknown right now.

JP is using Psycho Power more so like Rose uses Soul Power. Bison uses it mostly for a physical power up he doesn’t use clones during one on one battle and he doesn’t imbue objects with Psycho Power for weapons. Bison uses his body as a weapon thus his use of Psycho Power is mostly hand to hand combat. 

JP uses his cane and a lot of his Psycho Power attacks seem more indirect with the use of his clones. He can use it physically though it seems most of his attacks use more indirect means of damage like hitting opponents with his cane or clones. 

The crystals JP forms maybe the opposite of Psycho Flames like a sort of Psycho Ice. If you notice in his CA at the end once Ken is fully overtaken by the crystal his body falls completely stiff like he’s been encased in the crystal structure. 

JP maybe taking more cues from Rugal than just having a cat. If he can turn his opponent’s into crystal statues made of pure Psycho Power. 

VesperArcade is putting out that the theory that JP is a scholar/aficionado of fighting or of Psycho Power specifically and is seeking to bring back the lost art of Psycho Power since the "death" of Bison.

He's basing it on something or "VesperArcade said" is the new "Max Dood said"? 😆

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true since we have never heard of this guy and even the best kept secrets of the universe revealed themselves during the Black Moon incident because the stakes were that high.

It would surprise me because that level of mastery over PP having obtained it only few years (less than 5?) before would be incredible

49 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

He's basing it on something or "VesperArcade said" is the new "Max Dood said"? 😆

We're all theorizing right now like everyone. 

50 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

It would surprise me because that level of mastery over PP having obtained it only few years (less than 5?) before would be incredible

I still think we are in the 5-10 year range. It's impressive nevertheless.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

We're all theorizing right now like everyone.

Sure, but one thing is theory based on something (example JP being possibly one of fellow disciples of Bison comes from an actual canon info we have) another is super random guess that gain ground because content creator with lot of views say it.

For that reason came to my mind the Max parallel, i remember even here people coming up with most bizzarre shit under the premise "Max Dood said" 🤣

Then you have monsters like fucking eventhubs telling you wich characters are best and worst 🤣

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

I still think we are in the 5-10 year range. It's impressive nevertheless.

Idk, still think timeskip is not that large, 5y max

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

example JP being possibly one of fellow disciples of Bison comes from an actual canon info we have

It's a long forgotten piece of canon. Capcom has shown zero interest in reviving or delving into the dark origins of Bison. We may delve into that this game, but hopefully it won't come at the expense of the main villain. Villain origin stories do more damage to the villains than good.

Point being, JP could just be a new character and not someone from the murky past. It's as plausible.

Edited by Daemos

Marisa and the Illuminati characters (Gill and Urien) share the same fighting style, Pankration, but aside from that I don't think there's anything going on between them. I think it's just a coincidence honestly: Capcom wanted a character purely based on Pankration and Gill and Urien were more of a mix of Pankration with made up elemental powers, so some moves are going to look similar between them but it doesn't really mean anything at the moment.

Going back to JP, something I forgot to mention is that he might also have a role in the Neo-Shadaloo storyline. He is one of the post-Bison Psycho Power users, so there's a big chance that Ed and Falke are going to have some interest in him, or JP in them, and Ed is going to show up in VI as season 1 because the leaks have already revealed him. In that case, JP has the potential to tie together Bison's storyline, the Neo-Shadaloo storyline, and the G/Q storyline all in one. All he's missing is some connections with the Illuminati.

On a more serious note, I wonder if China is going to protest somehow.
You know, basing Nayshall on TIBET could be... problematic.
Sure, the stage is a total mashup of everything "north of India", so Capcom could simply say "It's absolutely NEPAL/BHUTAN/UTTARAKHAND/SIKKIM/ANYTHING BUT NOT TIBET WE SWEAR" and be safe. The imagery is interesting. Besides the obviously hexagonal mosaics (fitting for SF6), there's the buddhist trident triśūla, commonly found everywhere in the Asian Southeast. They also distorted the Dharma wheel to fit an hexagon, but if you look closely the wheel's spokes are still EIGHT as in the traditional Dharma wheel.

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

All he's missing is some connections with the Illuminati.

The blue and red drapes could suggest otherwise, but that could be a simple red herring... We'll see about that.
jp_ss03.jpg
Fun fact: apparently¹, the Hindi name नैशाल NAISHAL means "Mountain". It's indeed a mountainous country.

¹ "Apparently" as in "various baby names dictionaries on the net", which I don't trust much when it comes to etymology. They're prone to say any BS, so this fact still needs a proper research.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Marisa and the Illuminati characters (Gill and Urien) share the same fighting style, Pankration, but aside from that I don't think there's anything going on between them. I think it's just a coincidence honestly: Capcom wanted a character purely based on Pankration and Gill and Urien were more of a mix of Pankration with made up elemental powers, so some moves are going to look similar between them but it doesn't really mean anything at the moment.

Going back to JP, something I forgot to mention is that he might also have a role in the Neo-Shadaloo storyline. He is one of the post-Bison Psycho Power users, so there's a big chance that Ed and Falke are going to have some interest in him, or JP in them, and Ed is going to show up in VI as season 1 because the leaks have already revealed him. In that case, JP has the potential to tie together Bison's storyline, the Neo-Shadaloo storyline, and the G/Q storyline all in one. All he's missing is some connections with the Illuminati.

And his stage hints at an Illuminati or specifically a Gill connection. 

52552012949_462de0acd1_k.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd by our resident lore master and language expert @Miðgarðsorm

Edited by Darc_Requiem
37 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The blue and red drapes could suggest otherwise, but that could be a simple red herring... We'll see about that.

It could also just be to represent colors on the Russian flag.  Given that JP is supposedly Russian.

Street Fighter characters love their flag colors.

Edited by DarthEnderX

So we have a mysterious and probably very rich Russian business man, he swoops in on the isolated country of Nayshall and charms the ruling princess (and by extension the government) into becoming pawns into his game.

Said business man, then uses Masters Foundation resources for his big plan and then tries to destroy Ken in the process - probably after he found out something about him. Kimberly's uncle was either with Ken or JP and is collateral. 

No indication that this guy is holding an event of any kind like say a tournament so far. 

Basically SF6 feels a bit like SF Alpha 1 or New Generation. The full plot will likely unravel over several of our years.

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

With the white of the snow, it could indeed work. Anyway, we'll see... I wonder if Capcom is going to give Zangief a more active role in the story, considering that the major villain is supposedly a fellow countryman.

Fun thing is he would probably be the only to recognize all the meaning of JP moveset 😁

9 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Going back to JP, something I forgot to mention is that he might also have a role in the Neo-Shadaloo storyline. He is one of the post-Bison Psycho Power users, so there's a big chance that Ed and Falke are going to have some interest in him, or JP in them, and Ed is going to show up in VI as season 1 because the leaks have already revealed him.

We also have that SF6 Ed 2nd flag and JP golden emblem (on the cape) are similar

Spoiler

oUkgCxt.png7lwIAOr.png

-

Before i guessed it being Neo Shadaloo new symbol or that may be JP symbol and Ed now works for him, but new update make me doubt

@Miðgarðsormspeaking of Nayshall as country and SF6 page speaking of JP like "and the man behind Nayshall's present prosperity" made me guess one thing

What if that second flag next to Germany one that Ed have there is indeed a country flag, the flag of Nayshall

Could be possible JP as foreigner is there as advisor for local rulers (the princess we seen in the comic as @Daemosguessed?), and as result he wear their national symbol

Now, if he's interested in NS members PP, JP may have used his influence to make Nayshall rulers offer citizienship to Ed & friends (wich would explain Ed having Nayshall flag) to have them close (and maybe control them through PP as chess pieces*), while they would accept the offer feeling to be no more rejects

I like a lot the idea JP may be there influencing the princess as advisor because would heavy parallel Rasputin working as advisor for the royal family and having great influence over czarina Alexandra

*could be completely random, but JP passion for chess made me remember ASF in SFV had chess pieces, coincidence

55 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I like a lot the idea JP may be there influencing the princess as advisor because would heavy parallel Rasputin working as advisor for the royal family and having great influence over czarina Alexandra

That's actually where I got the idea. It seems logical for Capcom to do this seeing as this guy looks like Rasputin, is Russian, not to mention behaving like a wizard and having a propensity towards deception.

Hopefully, much like Rasputin, he will be murdered and thrown into a watery grave. :bison:

It seems that a new book is coming our way!

Street Fighter V Complete File (working title)

"The monumental fighting game "Street Fighter" series celebrates its 35th anniversary, and the latest series 'Street Fighter V' is completed. As a 35th anniversary publication, this book archives the history of the 'SFV' series, including setting materials, visuals, developer interviews, etc. In addition, valuable materials for 'SFVI', which is scheduled to be released in 2023, will be released in advance! A must-have collector's item for users."

Release date: February 22nd, 2023  (my birthday!)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4575317799/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_0RPXDQ014GYRB9YPDCJD_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:31 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

Didn't Sagat found Willa Maiou when he was a kid?

9 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Ooh! Looking forward to this book!

Me too! I just hope it isn't all the in-game art in print format....

Even in "Capcom Head-to-head" and "SF Beyond the World", I noticed that the newer characters (like Falke) had less character designs released than the old ones... Dunno if that was on purpose...

I really hope they release the Kiki artwork that was on that exposition and that we never saw online (like an artwork of SFZ Vega/Bison, an artwork of a shirtless Ken and that panel with all the characters up to S3).

@DaemosDepending on the point limit for created characters. This is what I was thinking for Gouka. It looks like their are 8 special move slots but I'd be surprised if you could use them all. So I figure five is a safe number. I'd put Ryu's Denjin install as sixth if possible though.

Ryu's Hadoken QCF+P

Akuma's Sekia Goshoha QCB+P*

Akuma's Zanku Hadoken QCF+P (Air)*

Kimberly's Bushin Senpukyaku QCB+K

Ryu's Joudan Sokutogeri QCF+K

SA1: Chun Li's Kikosho

SA2: Ken's Shippu Jinrai Kyaku

SA3: Ryu's Shin Shoryuken

*Guessing Akuma still has those moves. I'd have to probably sub them for Dhalsim's Air Yoga Fire and Ryu's Hashogeki at launch though.

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

interesting bits on Manon

He's absolutely right.
In Naoki Urasawa's Yawara! (1986), Belkins is the Belgian top model who ALSO is a jūdōka. She retires after Yawara soundly beats her, to dedicate herself only to modeling.
Fujiko Itō is one of Yawara's friends, who is tall and practices ballet, which influences her movements.
Lastly, the medal's ostentation recalls Sayaka, Yawara's rich, spoiled and ambitious rival, a classic drama queen who craves the limelight. While Manon doesn't seem so exaggerated, the inspirations are clear as crystal. Yawara is still a fountain of inspirations after more than 30 years...

52 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Shout out to @Phantom_Miriafor his ceaseless persecution of Eventhubs morons who whine because Marisa is supposedly some woke agenda ruining THEIR games. I'm still laughing. 😂

It's crazy to me man. I mean have they seen Manon's design? Hell Manon and Kimberly both have the Ibuki "bare hips" element in their designs.

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's crazy to me man. I mean have they seen Manon's design? Hell Manon and Kimberly both have the Ibuki "bare hips" element in their designs.

Right? I mean it's ridiculous, when they make something for everybody, no one's losing! Capcom's not walking back anything with their designs, no censorship and they're introducing new waifus and given us new takes on returning ones, (hell everyone's got jiggle physics this time around. Adding a muscle lady isn't hurting anyone's fun, they need to chill. Marisa's awesome, I love her and I'm happy Capcom didn't just decide to waifu'ise her. Variety's good.